Savage Review

manufacturer: Daion date: 12/04/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Daion: Savage
It has 22 frets and the bod allows to reach the last one like if it was the first. It has 2 hambucker pickups, with 2 volme and 2 tone knobs.
 8.7
 9.6
 7.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Savage Reviewed by: ldnovelo, on december 04, 2006

Features: It's not really a new guitar and they aren't for sale now. Daion was a very cool Japanese brand but it broke. Mine it's a white (kinda yelow-ish for the time) Daion 1980 Savage. It has 22 frets and the bod allows to reach the last one like if it was the first, I mean, with no difficulty. It has 2 hambucker pickups, with 2 volme and 2 tone knobs. // 9

Sound: Produces a ver cool but sweet sound with clean effect and it's able to suit well to any affect(wah, chorus and distorsion from the highest to the almost none)at any volume. It sounds loud, but not in the bad form, in the good one, it only had a vibration on the cable jack wich caused some interference (down explained). The sound is excelent for the music I play. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Perfect from the guy that sold it. The hambucker pickups are perfectly adjusted and both work. Like it was used, came without the plastic cover of the pickup selector and the cable input jack was kinda deformed, causing interference, but now fixed. It has had a lot of hard hits and nothing has happened. I put the nine because it was used. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It has more than 20 years and the only problem is there's some paint bone and like the guy Who sold it lives in front of the beach, it got some corrosion, wich I took out. I've played with it for 2 years (if don't play Live, I play 2 or 3 hour at home)and it hasn't any change. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of punk, hard rock and metal and for all that it sounds like no other and quite loud (what is good for me). Thought my amp and pedal aren't the best things avaible in stores, it's enough and does very well. Since I saw it, I knew that was the love of my life. If it was stolen, I would kill for that guitar. I would only like it to have a tremolo bar. // 10

Comments