F9212 Review

manufacturer: Davison date: 05/24/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Davison: F9212
It's a 22 fret Rosewood neck with diecast tuners and a cutaway for the higher frets. This guitar will be great if you play or like Van Halen or Guns N' Roses but anything heavier and you are going to want a different guitar.
 7.4
 7.6
 7.2
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
F9212 Reviewed by: bucknasty68, on may 24, 2011

Purchased from: eBay

Features: I decided to make this review because Davison guitars are so unheard of. It's a 22 fret Rosewood neck with diecast tuners and a cutaway for the higher frets. The solid body weighs a ton but I could stare at it for DAYS! The paint on this guitar is BEAUTIFUL, I went with the blue tiger stripe with gold hardware. The pick-ups are Vintage humbucker style and also has an adjustable Vintage style bridge. It has four vol/tone knobs and a pick-up toggle switch. // 8

Sound: This guitar will be great if you play or like Van Halen or Guns N' Roses but anything heavier and you are going to want a different guitar. I do have a DigiTech RP-90 which definatly helps alot with the sound, but for some reason it just doesn't compare to my Ibanez with those deep palm mutes and power chords. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The main problem was that my input jack was loose and it caused alot of extra white noise, a simple tightening did the job. I also did some intonation and good a rather respectable tuning/sound from the guitar. The main reason I bought this guitar was for the finish. By far this is the most beautiful guitar I own but I'd much rather play my Ibanez. If your not a beginner guitar player the only real use this would get would be on a wall in a case just to stare at and drool. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Personally I wouldn't use it for a gig unless I needed a quick guitar change for a different tuning, but the guitar feels stable and the finish will last like forever, and the hardware seems like it would last but the sound just isn't for me... You could probably jump of a full stack and let the straps take all the weight because it feels pretty dang stable. // 8

Overall Impression: I play mainly Metal and listen to even heavier music, but this guitar was just not a made for me because the sound is to bright. I've been playing for around 4 years and I have two other guitars but this one is the best looking of the three! No doubt about it! I probably would buy another if sosmething happened to this one but only for the looks. I'm only giving it and overall impression of 8 because of the great finish. // 8

More Davison reviews rating category latest review
+ F9880 7.4 Electric Guitars 03/01/2012