Barchetta Eminent FR Review

manufacturer: DBZ Guitars date: 10/03/2011 category: Electric Guitars
DBZ Guitars: Barchetta Eminent FR
The DBZ Barchetta has a rich, full sound for my metal and rock ventures. This guitar and pickup combo does a great job of smoothing out the tone of the guitar while keeping true to a great dynamic variance from the player.
 8.4
 9.6
 7.1
review (1) pictures (6) 29 comments vote for this gear:
Barchetta Eminent FR Reviewed by: Jkiernanguitar, on october 03, 2011

Features: Taken from DBZguitars.com: Set Neck/25.5 Mahognay/Flame Maple Body Mahogany Neck Ebonized Rosewood Fingerboard 22 Frets Premier Series Inlays Pearloid Purfling EMG-81/EMG-85 Pickups Vol/Tone/3-Way Grover Tuners Nickel Hardware (Gold on TGE Finish) Floyd Rose Original Bridge // 10

Sound: From Rock, Metal and Jazz and wearing many hats in my career (performer, teacher, engineer, producer, and student), my guitar needs to perform under different circumstances, often within the same day. The DBZ Barchetta has a rich, full sound for my metal and rock ventures. The stocked EMG 81/85 pickup set coupled with the Mahogany body and neck creates an unrivaled smooth tone using the neck pickup and a truly biting yet non ear piercing tone with the bridge pickup. My discoveries with EMG pickups have led me to believe that they can usually be very specialized of a sound (the pickup SOUNDS like an EMG; the EMG colors the tone of the guitar). However, this guitar and pickup combo does a great job of smoothing out the tone of the guitar while keeping true to a great dynamic variance from the player. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this guitar in December of 2010. Right out of the store, no extra setup (outside of reintonation for my guitar from Standard tuning to Drop C# tuning) was required to make this guitar play and feel like butter. The pickups needed no adjustment of height and was flawlessly placed to pick up each string and their colors and dynamics. I've extensively played this guitar for gigs and have recorded my band Needless To Say's EP (now out on iTunes and Amazon). Through all of the brutal van rides and shows around the state and into different studios, this guitar has no wear and tear to it anywhere on it's body. The make of the body is incredibly tough while keeping it's tone pristine. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Right out of the store, I realized that this guitar was going to be my main guitar for all of my purposes. The only reason I would consider getting another guitar is for an alternate tuning, which can be hard to retune to different tunings because of its Floyd Rose. The Strap Locks I custom installed are solid and hold my guitar through all of The Dillinger Escape Plan-esque spastic motions I have on stage better than guitars that I own that do not have Strap Locks. The DBZ Barchetta's finish is a beautiful Trans Black Flame maple body that has not faded through the gigs and recording sessions it has been through and shows no sign of wear and tear. // 9

Overall Impression: I'm currently in a rock band, a metal band, a cover band, music school for Jazz, an engineer, and a multi-genre songwriter/producer. I've been playing guitar now for eight years and have become well versed in many styles. This company had nothing but the musician in mind and created this product that not only looks fantastic, but also creates the widest array of sounds available for only $900-1000. Many of the DBZ Guitars are under $1000, but have the feel and playability of (dare I say it) some great Gibson guitars. You can bet your bottom dollar that if anything happened to this guitar I would be replacing it in a heartbeat. In fact, I will be buying many more guitars from this company. Dean Zelinsky has taken himself out of his original company (Dean Guitars) and has etched a brand new line of guitars that rival and surpass many companies from the finish, tone, wood and modern needs of every mode of guitarist. If there is a question about a great new guitar to add to your arsenal, regardless of playing style, look no further. The DBZ Barchetta or any other guitar from the line is the new guitar for you. // 10

More DBZ Guitars reviews rating category latest review