Barchetta ST-FR Review

7.2
review (1) pictures (4) 24 comments vote for this gear:
Barchetta ST-FR Reviewed by: dante323, on september 28, 2011

Purchased from: The Electric Guitar Shop - Fairview, NC

Features: This beautiful Super Strat guitar was made in China in 2010. It has 22 frets with a ebonized rosewood fret board and a 25.5" scale length and premiere series "diamond" inlays. Features a carved top mahogany body and a soft V maple neck. The finish on mine is a beautiful dark cherry with a sort of sparkle in the paint. The most striking thing about the body of the guitar is the carve on the body. The horns on the guitar don't simply stop when the body widens out at the bottom, they continue to the inside of the body giving it a very unique look. The neck is set in and flows into the body perfectly. The pickups are passive DBZB/DBZ5 with coil-tap. The controls are very simple with one volume, one tone, and a three way toggle switch. The Barchetta features a licensed Floyd Rose tremolo. The tuners are locking Grover. It comes with an awesome gig bag. I love the way this guitar looks. This is my tenth guitar and I must say it is one of the most beautiful of them all. // 9

Sound: I play mostly metal and hard-rock so this guitar suits my stile perfectly. The pickups are HOT enough to really push out some great metal tones and with the split coil function you can get some beautiful, shimmering cleans too. I use a Line 6 Spider III 150 combo amp and the Barchetta sounds amazing on it. On the bridge pickup with the coils on humbucker, you get some great leads and brutal crunch. With the coils split, it (obviously) cuts the output so you get great rock tones perfect for some grunge covers or whatever you need that isn't too heavy. On the neck pickup, the tone is beautiful. It produces great warm, woody tones and with the coils split you get amazing clean tones. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: No complaints in this department. I love everything about how this guitar looks and how it plays. The action is pretty low, which I like. The Floyd Rose came set up in Half Step, which is great for me since I was going to keep it in half step anyway. Everything was set-up, tuned, and finished perfectly. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is solid as a rock. This thing can really take a beating. Not that I would, but I think I could throw this thing across the stage and it wouldn't have a scratch. This is going to be my main guitar from now on. I can trust this guitar with my life. The finish is going to last forever but, naturally, finger prints and smudges show up very easily. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this guitar. I'm usually not a fan of guitars with a Floyd Rose but I've gotta say, this guitar has changed my opinion on them. I've been playing for six years and have owned 13 guitars. I'd say I know what I'm talking about when I say this guitar is awesome. I play metal and hard-rock so this guitar is perfect for me. I love how this guitar feels to hold. The neck feels very natural and easy to get around the neck. If this guitar were ever broken or stolen I would be totally devastated. I would immediately buy a new one. I would compare this to the Telecaster that I built myself. I'm not bragging on it but the luthier that helped me build it said it was one of the best guitars he had ever played. I would say this guitar plays just as good if not better than that. // 10

More DBZ Guitars reviews rating category latest review