Bird Of Prey Review

8.7
review (1) pictures (5) 50 comments vote for this gear:
Bird Of Prey Reviewed by: metalheadmarks, on august 23, 2010

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: This guitar was made in korea she has 24 frets and a thin neck and although I would have liked the guitar to have a slightly thicker neck it is a good neck you can really shred on the neck. The wood in the neck is rosewood. She has a really cool body its like a Dean razor back but not as crazy. The guitar has EMG active pickups has a volume tone and a 3-way. She also has black grover peg tuners. The case is ok it could have been a lot better and its not super high protective but it gets the job done. The one thing that I hate about this guitar is where the jack is set up I really wish the jack had been in the back as this would make it way better. // 8

Sound: The emgs in this guitar are great it has amazing clean tones and has really really really good metal tones blues wise or anyhting like that it does not do very well with but its great with metal she screams so well. I play thrash metal so it works great for my style but again do not plan on using this thing for anything but clean and metal tones. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I love the colors on this guitar its like mixing black with green with white and then adding some sparkles very nice its so nice in fact that its almost scary to look at. Everything about this guitar is well made its one of the best guitars you can get for the price and I was happy how well it was set up the action is great pickups perfect and I'm happy to say no flaws that I can see no problems here. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is bulit like a rock the only problems you may have is cliping the sides of the guitar as there so long but other then that they should not be to many problems with durability and playing live. The hardware is set up perfect and I have never any problems with the hardware. The strap buttons are also rock solid and set pefectly. // 10

Overall Impression: I am very happy with this guitar its not pefect but it is close to it if you want a guitar that looks amazing and I mean amazing but also has amazing metal tones this is the guitar for you. If I were to loose this guitar I'd buy another one as soon as I could. Dean has made one amazing guitar that I love to death. I have played a lot of guitars but this is by far the best it just feels right in my hands and when you first open the case it just shines and your just like HELL YEA! // 9

More DBZ Guitars reviews rating category latest review