Halcyon DarkSide Review

- Grover Tuners
- Black Hardware
- Floyd Rose Bridge
- Matte Black Finish

This also has one hell of a strong strap button. Probably one of the cleanest finishes to date! Came with a hardcase and setup equipment as well. It wasn't even needed though! I think the thing that surprised me the most was how much detail and QA work went into this. Well done DBZ. It also came with a nice handy little how to on cleaning the neck and body. Remember this is a matte black finish so it takes a little more care. Its not like a sunburst standard strat. IT'S BETTER. // 9

Sound: Style of music this guitar is used for is metal. It does it very well and anyone that has a set of 81/85's in there rig know what to expect. This delivers that and more. Amazing setup. The sound this delivers is warm and really holds clean if you need it to. I don't use to many effects and I find that this thing can get the job done no matter what I do. I wouldn't recommend using this is your blues guitar. The EMG's are meant for bone crushing power and hard deep throat metal. It is capable of doing a wide range although its main priority is metal.  // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is a Korean made ax. To be honest I would put this up against any one of my American Strats or Les Pauls. The quality is just that damn good. The Koreans have come a long way since the early '80s and now produce some of the finest if not best guitars out there. This one came with low action and the Floyd Rose was setup perfect right out of the case. I was almost stunned that it needed no work. Great job and amazing craftsmanship.

Anyone that knows Dean Zelinsky knows how well he can build a rig. Well he was with Dean. Then DBZ then he opened his current company Dean Zelinsky Private Label. Well DBZ held true and continued to use the Korean factory instead of China like Dean. Trust me this is the way to go. Avoid Dean and grab a DBZ or Private Label. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The matte black finish is strong and durable. Hasn't developed any pic scratches and the solid feel is immaculate. I would honestly recommend using this at any live gig. I have had so many comments on the sheer metal tone this thing develops. Amazing feel. Amazing quality. Stays in tune. I would feel totally comfortable just using this alone on stage. If it was ever lost in a transfer to another gig I would lose my head and find another one right away! // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing for 20 years and I can honestly say that the Koreans and DBZ have nailed the hammer on the head with this guitar. It plays better then my $1800 Ibanez Gem. Or my Zakk Wylde Les Paul. This thing is a beast. So much guitar for so little. Any experienced player can tell you that this is a steal of a deal. My favourite thing on this is the Floyd Rose, it can nose dive and still come back in one hundred percent tune. It's amazing the difference between a licensed Floyd Rose and a true one. Buy the DBZ not the Dean. Highly highly recommended. // 9

More DBZ Guitars reviews rating category latest review