Baby V Review

5.5
review (1) pictures (1) 12 comments vote for this gear:
Baby V Reviewed by: Bezza27, on november 10, 2010

Purchased from: Back Alley Music, Chester

Features: I was given this guitar as a birthday gift a few months ago. I have yet to gig with this but when I am practicing it works fine. It has 22 frets, neck-thru construction, non-locking Standard tunomatic tuners but what really impresses me is the quality of the 2 Dean Humbuckers. Mine has a solid black finish but they come in black(like mine), copper and metallic purple. It has a v shaped body but it is reduced size. However it has a full scale neck, this can make it look very disproportionate but it doesn't bother me. It has a string-thru bridge and a single tone and volume dial. A three way selector for the pickups is also included. It has a bridge and neck pickup, so nothing too fancy. No accessories were included. // 7

Sound: I play mainly hard rock and metal, aswell as some punk on the sides. This guitar delivers for all. However when showing it to a friend I discovered that if you use the bridge pickup on about tone 4 it gives you a nice bluesy sound. I am running it through a bog Standard 15 watt practice amp so I can't really put too many different sounds but it does sound amazing. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came a bit roughed up(loose tuners, slightly loose neck) but it wasn't anything my dads toolbox couldn't fix. HOWEVER, my one problem was the jack. It was so loose. I played for a few minutes and it came out. Now I know a guitar from a shop will have had a lot of use with minimum upkeep but still. Anyway after a long search for a black nut on an untidy bedroom floor this problem was fixed. Other than that it was well built. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I'm sure this guitar will withstand live playing and the hardware is well built and, if needs be, I can replace the pickups. The strap buttons are well put on and I also tightened them up. I wouldn't use it live without a backup but that isn't because of the guitar itself and more a worry about my clumsiness. However I will always play live with my good old reliable Aria Strat copy somewhere easy to get. THe finish is good and will last and its only matte black so it shouldn't fade too much. All in all it is a nice, solid, well built dependable guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar fits my style perfectly. I have been playing for about 4-5 years now and I only on my previously mentioned Aria Strat copy. This guitar is a much higher quality. I knew I was getting a good guitar when I decided on a Dean but for the price I got it was unbelivable. These guitars are cheap and brilliant quality. I would reccommend them to beginners and intermediate players and they would make a great backup at a gig for any level guitarist. // 9

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ ML XF 6 Electric Guitars 11/10/2014