Dime Dean From Hell Slime Review

manufacturer: Dean date: 05/03/2013 category: Electric Guitars
Dean: Dime Dean From Hell Slime
The feel of this guitar and its overall style is incredible and unique. I play many styles and this can do everything even goa psychedelic and dubstep and since I'm very open to my music this is extremely versatile.
 6.9
review (1) pictures (1) 16 comments vote for this gear:
Dime Dean From Hell Slime Reviewed by: elias van sider, on may 03, 2013

Features: This Dean model is heritage from father (who is also my teacher all these years), he is a HUGE Pantera and Dime fan and this guitar accompanied him for thousands of hours. This particular is made in 2003 and was a custom shop order. The top is flamed maple and has the "yellow-mellow burst" (green to yellow). It sports a mahogany body and mahogany neck and the whole back of the guitar is natural gloss mahogany (like the one Dime used). It's of course the classic ML shape and the bridge is the Original Floyd Rose in chrome. The pickups are a Bill Lawrence L-500XL on the bridge and in the neck a Seymour Duncan '59. The tuners are Grover tuners with 18:1 ratio. The controls are volume-volume-tone and I still have dad's original ML deluxe case. // 9

Sound: This is my all-metal guitar, despite it's not so metal color. The bridge pickup is just awesome and not noisy at all. The neck sounds great on clear mode and also on heavier and bassier songs (especially drop tunings). I'm using my classic Marshall JVM head and a my Cry Baby Wah pedal. It's not noisy (up to full gain on 5 volume that is) and the metal sounds this BEAST can make is awesome and the squeals and dive bombs sound just awesome. I play from Slayer and Necrophagist to Frank Zappa and Creedence Clearwater Revival and it can do all of those genres very nicely. Also the 24 frets are mandatory, so I can hit those Schuldiner notes and solos. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Well this guitar was used (and quite a lot) but there were not many flaws (some dents there, some scratches and some wear on the color and the gloss of the neck was also sanded out) but I didn't really care since I actually like the fell of a well-used instrument. All the adjustments were done by my dad and as he is an expert on such subjects the condition of the hardware, bridge, pickups and tuners were perfect. My dad got his guitar in great condition from the custom shop so it was an all round great instrument from the start. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The thing I mostly like about this and most Dean's in general is the reliability and durability they have. The classic ML shape is robust big and comfortable. I played with this guitar on my latest gigs and it's extremely reliable and awesome sounding. This guitar is also quite a chick magnet with its crazy color and shape, BUT that's out of the subject! This guitar is really reliable and even the Floyd Rose works great after 10 years of use. The finish has worn over the years but not much (just a little) and the poti-knobs were also switched for newer ones. // 9

Overall Impression: I play many styles and this can do everything EVEN Goa psychedelic and Dubstep and since I'm very open to my music this is extremely versatile, matched with my Marshall head and the sound beauty combination on numbers are more than engineering schools math results. The feel of it and it's overall style is also incredible and unique in a way. If it were stolen or lost I'd be very disappointed since this is heritage and my dad would probably kill me. I compare it to my Dean Dime from hell and this one can just kick it any day. I can't wish for anything else on it since I love it the way my father gave it to me. Video from YouTube:

// 9

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ Exotica 8.6 Acoustic Guitars 05/30/2014