Dime Razorback 10k Review

9.6
 7.7
review (1) pictures (1) 54 comments vote for this gear:
Dime Razorback 10k Reviewed by: metalhead601, on april 23, 2010

Features: Made in korea has 22 frets. The neck contures differently from top to bottom in a strange way that feels good to the thumb. The finish is a mettalic silver with Diamond plating. Its a razorback body with a floyd-rose and a 3 way tone Switch and volume. Pick ups are like humbuckers and there symore duncans. // 9

Sound: It suits my style because I play metal and hardcore style music. I use a Peavey amp and a crybaby wah with a flanger and a DigiTech distortion pedal. Its not noisy but it has a very full deep sound. It can do pinch harmonics and any other harmonics with eaze and the trademark dime squeal. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was made very well, the thing plays so good you almost melt into it. The pick ups are at the perfect level and get the best sound quality. Everything on the body and neck are perfectly aligned. There are no flaws with it, it comes in perfect amazing flawless condition. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will stand years and possibly generations of live shows. The hardware appears as though it will last at least 10 years before needing to be replaced. The strap buttons are very solid and the strap rarely ever falls off. If I was in a gig I would indeed just use that because it can last a very long time and take a wicked beating. The finish will deffinetly last a very long time, it may wear off in maybe 20 years but that's a pretty long time for finish. // 10

Overall Impression: I play hardcore metal music and it suits this style in every way possible. The floyd-rose tremalo bar alows for the famous dime squeals and can widen your pitch by a lot. I've been playing for about 7 years. I own a Fender squire strat, a b.c rich bich, a dr epiphone, a Dean exotica, a DigiTech effects pedal, a Fender flanger pedal, a Dunlop crybaby wah, a Peavey amp, a Fender amp, and a Crate amp. Ha I woulda asked for the size of alun wrench before buying so I could adjust the locks. If it were stolen or lost I would first try and hunt it down, if that failed I would go and buy a new one, its way worth it. I love the tone that it gets and the smoothness of the neck. I don't hate anything about it and my favorite feature is the tremalo floyd-rose bridge system. I compared it to an ordinary razorback. I chose it because, honestly, it looked better. Hmm I don't think I could ask for anything else on this work of art. // 10

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ Razorback V 255 9.3 Electric Guitars 04/07/2014