Dime Shadow ML Review

manufacturer: Dean date: 12/07/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Dean: Dime Shadow ML
The exclusive Dime Shadow ML Electric Guitar is dedicated to a great guitarist. From the unmistakable ML shape to the taped neck pickup, this one screams Dime.
review (1) pictures (1) 11 comments vote for this gear:
Dime Shadow ML Reviewed by: BMGRocker, on december 07, 2009

Purchased from: Music Store

Features: It was made 2007 in the US, It has the Standard 22 frets on a Rosewood fretboard, it's a laminated black on body, the neck, and headtsock, The body and neck are both Mahogonany, Black Finish, It comes with a Licensed Floyd Rose(and hasn't ever gone out of tune), It has a Dean Pickups(Neck-black/creme, Bridge-Rail pickup), It has 2 volumes knobs(for bridge and neck volumes) and a tone knob, Has a 3-way selector Switch), It has Locking Grover Tuners(but you rarely use the headstock tuners.)It came with a Dean Case, picks, and a Floyd Rose bar. // 9

Sound: The sound is amazing for my style of music, I play Rock, Metal, Thrash, etc. I'm using my Crate GT1200 half stack, I'm using a DigiTech Death Metal pedal and a Dunlop wah in my house, at gigs I use my Boss DS-1 Distortion, Dunlop wah, Danelectro 7-band EQ. It's not noisey at all, unless my distortion(then there's a hiss, but it's distortion)the neck has a very rich smooth sound, and the bridge has a very crunchy treble sound, there is a very big difference bettween the neck and bridge. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was amazing compared to all the other guitars I have ever bought, pickups were at a good height, everything was routed correctly, I checked the guitar and never say a flaw, it's was 100% perfect.The neck of the guitar is just amazingly smooth, easy acsess to the little frets, Just a amzing Guitar.It really does attract people's attention too. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I played some gigs with is and it can definatly withstand gigging, I've heard lots of people say that licensed floyd roses suck and constantly get out of tune and wore out, but I've had it for a month with 5 gigs and it hasn't gone out of tune ever, I installed some Dunlop strap locks and they are holding up pretty well(it came with the regular strap buttons), I can definatley depend on it, I would use this guitar without a backup, the finish hasn't been wearing off at all. // 9

Overall Impression: I play anything that's related to Rock n Roll, and it is a perfect match with my music. I've been playing for 2 years and I own 2 Dean ML-X's, a Gibson Les Paul. This guitar is what I've been asking for for awhile, If it were stolen or lost I would look to I found it(if that wasn't possible yes I would buy it again)I love everything about the guitar, my favorite feature would have to be the Floyd Rose cause it's cool to mess around with because it's my first floyded guitar, I can't compare this to any guitar. // 9

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ Razorback V 255 9.3 Electric Guitars 04/07/2014