Dime Stealth Snakeskin Review

6.8
review (1) pictures (1) 19 comments vote for this gear:
Dime Stealth Snakeskin Reviewed by: king666nothing, on august 31, 2009

Purchased from: Amazon.com

Features: - 2009. Made in Korea - 22 frets. Rosewood fingerboard (24 3/4" scale) - Solid top - Maple body and neck (set neck configuration) - Stealth body style (based on ML shape) - Floyd Rose Tremolo Bridge - Passive electronics - 2 Volume, 1 Tone controls, 3-way toggle Switch. - HH Pickup configuration (Dimebucker - bridge; Dean DMT - neck) - Grover tuners - Hardshell Dean Case included; few allen wrenches included. // 10

Sound: I play mostly metal (thrash and speed). And this guitar just screams metal. I just recently woke up to blues genre. And although this is probably the last guitar a bluesman would choose - it can handle the blues. I use it with my cheap-ass Raven amp, a DigiTech Death Metal distortion pedal, and a DigiTech RP90 multieffect processor (for delay, chorus and all that fun stuff). I'm not sure about how noisy it is because my processor has a noise gate. The pickups sound amazing. I've heard many good reviews about Dimebuckers and those reviews are 100% true. It's has high output which is great for Dimebag's trademark harmonic squeals. Neck pickup is very smooth (which is nice for legato, but the note clarity always suffers with neck pickup selected). I rarely use the neck pickup though. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I tried playing it just as soon as I it arrived and it was out of tune. I decided not to tune it and just wait a bit. After couple hours it was perfectly in tune (I guess it's due to temperature changes during shipping). The action was just right for me. Pickups were well adjusted. The paintjob is done pretty poorly - nothing serious , but noticeable upon closer inspection. The main flaw of this guitar is that it is extremely "neck-heavy". When you're playing standing up the headstock is pulling down, which is pretty annoying since you have to hold the neck with your left hand all the time. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I don't play live, so I don't know about its ability to withstand live playing. Although, the guitar seems pretty durable and solid. I wouldn't use it on Live shows just because of its balance instability (heavy neck). // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing for almost 8 years and I can say that considering its performance this is the best guitar I've owned so far. There aren't many reviews on this particular axe, and maybe I have the only one with heavy neck, but I would recommend you trying it with a strap before buying (if you're buying it at the store of course). I almost never play standing up, so the balance instability of this guitar is not a big problem for me. I love pretty much everything about this guitar. It looks amazing and sounds even better. // 9

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ Razorback V 255 9.3 Electric Guitars 04/07/2014