Dimeblade Review

manufacturer: Dean date: 12/25/2008 category: Electric Guitars
Dean: Dimeblade
The graphics on the Dean Dimeblade Tribute electric guitar are amazing: a Dimebag Darrell portrait, his trademark lightning and razorblade dogtag graphics, and a print of Dime's signature.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.3
 Features: 8.3
 8.7
 8.8
 8.6
reviews (3) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Dimeblade Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 03, 2007

Features: I believe the guitar was made in 2006 in the USA. It has 22 frets with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. It has a laminated top, and it's made of some of the best basswood I've ever played.The finish is the Dimebag memorial finish, featuring dime's face, signature, and necklace, with his Dean From Hell print in black and green in the background. It has a Dean classic ML style, with Dean zebra humbuckers. I believe it has active electronics, with a one volume and one tone knob. It has one pickup in the bridge position, and the tuners and the rest of the hardware are Dean chrome colored ones. Not too high quality tuners but I can Live with it. I bought the guitar with a coffin case, but there was nothing included with the guitar. // 9

Sound: The sound of this guitar is better than most double humbucker guitars that I've played. I play metal and punk, bands mostly including Megadeth and Green Day, and the sound is just perfect for both. The sound is very versatile, and on every setting on my amp all notes ring out clear and true. I use a Line 6 amp with a Dunlop wah and a Boss distortion, and on every single effect and setting I have on my amps, everything sounds amazing. The sound is very bright and full, and the low end is amazing. The high end is amazing too, with all the notes with a nice thick, but bright, sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitars action came perfect for my preference, as I like it as low as I can get it without touching the fretboard, and straight off the shelf, it met that Standard. The pickup was a little lower than I like, but that was easily remedied. The bridge was fine, and the guitar contained only one flaw, which is that the high e tuner was very loose. This usually isnt a problem, but on the occasion that I tune down or up it just feels rather unnatural. everything else was fine. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can withstand anything. I'll be honest and say that I'm not exactly very well off financially, and I am very cautious when I play it. I've dropped down a couple stairs, and there's literally not a scratch on it. I was flipping out, but there wasn't a scratch on it. The strap buttons are awesome, when I put a strap on it I pretty much can't get it off without a friends help (and I'm 6'6" at 220 pounds), and that impressed me. I would undoubtedly use this at a gig without a backup if I didn't over bend as frequently as I do. The finish is never coming off, like I said I dropped down some stairs and nothing happened. // 10

Overall Impression: I already said I play mostly Megadeth and Green Day, and this guitar may not look it but it's an amazing match for both. I've been playing for almost 4 years now, and I also have a Fender starcaster and a Brownsville v. this guitar is the best piece of gear that I own. I love this guitar so much, if anyone stole it I'd beat the shit out of the guy that stole it, and I would work my ass off to get it again. I don't hate anything about it, and I guess you could compare it in sound to the limited edition george lynch tiger print guitar that I saw him play when I met him. I chose this one because dimebag was and continues to be one of the biggest influence on my playing that ever existed, and this guitar is in his memory. // 10

Dimeblade Reviewed by: saitenslayer, on november 11, 2008

Purchased from: B&B music and sound

Features: This guitar is a 2006 model made in china, 22 jumbo frets Maple Neck with Rosewood Fingerboard, a basswood body (one of the best iv ever played by the way)and bolt on neck construction, this guitar has a custom Dimebag Darrel graphic, with a the a lightening bolt type of style from the famous Dean From Hell, a 24.75 scale, and of course it's in the most metal shape out there, an ML, grover chrome hardware non locking tuners, I love the hell out of these tuners my Dimeblade hasn't gone out of tune yet, a string through body with a tune-o-matic bridge, and the final piece of this guitar is one Dean zebra humbucking pick-up, I have replaced this pick up with a SH-13 Dimebucker, but the zebra pickup does a great job, high out put with great harmonics // 9

Sound: I play mainly metal and some rock, and this guitar is 100% metal, even though it only has one pick up that is no disadvantage because this guitar sounds better than some two pick up guitars iv played, I play this mostly through a Crate V50 tube combo amp which sounds absolutely amazing especially with this guitar, the zebra pick ups pick up a little fuzz not much though, the basswood body gives a full bright very metal sound, playing this guitar acoustically will just rip your face off! this guitar sounds good for all metal and rock. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was built great and was ready to shred when bought, although there are some scratches from other people playing it before me it dosnt mater it didn't affect it play ability, evrey things was bolted on right, no cracks in the wood iv scratched it many times but you cannot see it through it's finish. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has survived many bonks to the head and hits the wall and has only damaged the wall and not the guitar, this has retired my RR Js series Jackson as my gig guitar as I trust this more and hell man this thing just looks bad ass and like it will shred your face off! I have played about 2 gigs so far with this and it has made it through both with out one problem. // 10

Overall Impression: Again I play metal and this thing just shreds your face off, i've been playing about 11 months and I own a Jackson RR and an Ibanez GRGM21 this guitar shreds the hell out of the both of them, iv I lost this guitar I'd look for it until I found it, especially because I have already put an SH-13, the best feature of this guitar is the custom dimebag finish I mean Who dosnt want to play this just to see domes face on the guitar is enough for most people to buy it, the only thing I wish it had was a Floyd Rose, so I could really get evrey littel bit of shred out of this guitar. // 10

Dimeblade Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 25, 2008

Purchased from: strings@things,memphis,tn

Features: I spend a lot of time in this music store, and when I first saw this Dimeblade I thought it was just flash.Being a dime fan I had to have it and it just totally rocks.Better pickup than I thought. Action needed a little work, but the finall result is a fast and slick fretboard. // 7

Sound: The stock pickup through a Marshall 800 is awesome! I was blowed away by the way it reacted to the attack of the strings.It only has one pickup so today I purchased a dimetime to install.Yea it's a cheap guitar.It plays and sounds better than than several guitars that cost much more.The quality was excellent.The fit and finish far above what we could expect 20yrs ago for the price.I am impressed. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Amazingly this particular guitar must have been made by happy people as the fit and finish was 90% of 100.Excelent placement of controls and the bride was better than I expected at this price.I do recommend locktight once the action is adjusted to your prefference, as when changing strings it is rather easy to turn the saddle bases // 6

Reliability & Durability: I have played several gigs with this Dimeblade and it needed just a little tune every few hours of hard playing.For as light as it is it is extremely sturdy.Absolutly no problems with the strap buttons.Tuners seem to be ok at holding tune.Very realiable and durable. // 8

Overall Impression: Total metal. This guitar was made for metal. Especially dropped tunings.It does'nt like heavy guage strings so stay with 10's or 11's. This guitar is made for a Marshall amp. No questions and no BS. If you play a Dean guitar leave all the amp modeling for your grandma. // 8

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ Exotica 8.6 Acoustic Guitars 05/30/2014