Dimebonics ML Review

manufacturer: Dean date: 03/23/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Dean: Dimebonics ML
Neck scale 24-3/4, 22 jumbo frets. Laminated top supposed mahogany body, rosewood fretboard, with a floyd rose, SH-13 in bridge and a USA DMT Dime time pickup in the neck.
 3.7
 3.8
 3.6
review (1) pictures (2) 28 comments vote for this gear:
Dimebonics ML Reviewed by: metalmagic_187, on march 23, 2012

Price paid: A$ 1990

Purchased from: guitar world

Features: I brought a Dimebonics a year a go its made in Korea. Neck scale 24-3/4, 22 jumbo frets. Laminated top supposed mahogany body (I'll get to that later), rosewood fretboard, with a floyd rose, SH-13 in bridge and a USA DMT Dime time pickup in the neck which I changed to a SH-4 its a 3 way volume and tone. Sounds all good there. // 5

Sound: The sound out of the bridge pickup is average for what I play its not heavy enough and sounds a little tinny playing less heavier songs it comes out alrite it just doesn't seam to have enough depth. I'm playing it through a Engl Fireball 100W and 4/12 Engl standard cab. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up averagely when I got it I had to have the action lowered. Here comes the fun part I put new strings on it 60-11 Ernie Balls and tuned it to D, as I did this the floyd rose ripped out of the guitar and on inspection of where the floyd rose ripped out I noticed the wood was crappy as it was like chipboard and that's why it ripped out. I took it bak and got it fixed for free(they put a mahogany brace in where the floyd rose screws into the guitar) because that should not have happened if the wood was mahogany like it said it was the guitar then got tuned to B, the whole underneath of the guitar is made out of that crap wood. The output jack was loose and still is had trouble switching pickups that has been fixed, the neck is good and the guitar is easily chipped. // 2

Reliability & Durability: All of the trouble aside I think it would withstand a live show however would most definitely have a backup. The hardware seems ok because it was made in America where as the guitar was not so its cheap shitty wood. The strap buttons seem average. The finish seems ok. // 3

Overall Impression: It has its good points its now got less heavier strings on it and tuned to D just depends on what you want your sound to be, my other guitar is a Dimeslime 333 and its awesome tuned to B with 60-11 Ernie Balls with no problems and a sh-6 in the bridge. I wouldn't buy this guitar again for the price that I bought it. I love the artwork on it its bloody amazing sadly that does not mack it a better quality of guitar. After getting everything fixed it still has some on going problems but I do have a lotta fun on it. // 4

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ Razorback V 255 9.3 Electric Guitars 04/07/2014