Icon Review

manufacturer: Dean date: 04/02/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Dean: Icon
With its action set slightly higher, the Icon could also serve well for slide chores.
 7.7
 5.4
reviews (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Icon Reviewed by: soadman928, on january 27, 2005

Features: This guitar is a beauty. Some of the features are: - 22 frets - 2 covered humbucker pickups - a volume knob, a tone knob, 3 way selector pickup Switch - it came with a gig bag. I think I got a good deal on it. // 10

Sound: This guitar sounds good when I'm playing punk, metal, emo, screamo, ska, hardcore, jazz, and numerous other styles of music. I mostly play it on a 12 watt Kustom amp, and even with that piece of s--t amp this baby sounds great. It's got such a rich full sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought this guitar the action was impeccable, it's so easy to play. I fell in love with it from the second I started playing it. The pickups are adjusted perfectly. There are no flaws that I know of. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is a guitar I could tell I'm going to have for a long time. The strap buttons are very solid. I wouldn't play this guitar at gig without a backup but only because I break strings a lot, not because this guitar isn't reliable. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for 2 years and I play all styles of music and this guitar is perfect for all of it. If I lost it I would save my money to buy a new one. Overall I love this guitar, its my favorite that I own. I like this guitar much more than my Telecaster and Strat. In my opinion this guitar is flawless, I highly highly recommend it! If you have $500 pick this axe up! // 10

Icon Reviewed by: scott58, on april 02, 2007

Features: This guitar (Icon P3) was made in korea and has 24 frets. Arched flame maple top, set in neck, mahogany body, 2 Duncan humbuckers and piezo floating bridge. Unlike the other Icons I can find it has a volume control and 2 tone controls (instead of just 1)along with 2-3way switches (instead of just 1). I got it used and it's just excellent. // 10

Sound: This guitar plays just about anything. It goes from an almost harp like sound to Metalica and everything inbetween with just the touch of a pedal. It begs for better equipment (yeah, I'm working on that). For now I'm using a DigiTech RP300A processor and a Peavey transtube 110efx (40watts). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It's put together well and it feels like they had me in mind when they made it. The neck size and action is perfect for my small hands. It has a cherry sunburst finish (not real thrilled with the look, but that's just me) of high quality. It was the range of sound that made me buy it. It could have looked like anything and I still would of gotten it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Very Reliable and durable Everything is top notch and it will standup to anything. Solid all the way around. I've played this a lot in the last 6 months everything stays tight. I've only had to tune it a few times. The grover tuners are great. Finish is good and it cleqans up nicely. // 10

Overall Impression: This was the first guitar I ever owned and consider myself lucky to have found one that was easy to play and such high quality for the price. I wouldn't change a thing on this guitar. It has never met an amp it didn't like (and I've plugged it into several). When going to guitar stores now I play electrics just to see what I think is better. Those that are are over $1200 so this was a great deal and I'd recommend it to anyone. // 10

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ Razorback V 255 9.3 Electric Guitars 04/07/2014