Sarasota Review

manufacturer: Dean date: 12/25/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Dean: Sarasota
The Sarasota features one master volume, one tone control, a three way pickup selector and a stop tailpiece. As a result of the extraordinary semi-hollow design and Dean humbucking pickups, these beauties achieve those hard to find rich, bluesy tones and harmonics artists are constantly searching for.
 Features: 9.5
 8.3
 9.6
reviews (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Sarasota Reviewed by: stayoutoforder, on may 03, 2005

Purchased from: Guitar Exchange

Features: Made in 2004 exclusively for Florida this is a great semi-hollowbody guitar. Has humbucker pickups, 24 frets that are smaller, therefore easier to play. The finish is transparent onto the cherry red. Floyd Rose bridge. Volume and tone controls on either side of the 3-way pickup selector. Came with gig bag and strap. // 10

Sound: This guitar is great for any music style. I like mostly rock music ranging from Blink 182 to Guns N' Roses to Clapton, and this guitar can handle all of it. I use it with a Yamaha 25 watt amp, and it sounds great (this tells you how good this guitar is). It can have a rich sound and a bright sound. Small frets make this guitar easy to play and allow more variety in the sounds. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar withstands almost 3 hours a day of practice, and there is no wear on it. The strap buttons are solid, and I never have problems with it. I depend on this guitar and would not need a backup in a gig. The finish is good to last, and doesnt have any scratches or marks that can't be cleaned up. // 10

Overall Impression: Great axe for any style of music. I have been playing for 3 years. I have no regrets about buying it. If it were stolen I would kill whoever took it. I love everything about it - the sound, the feel etc. Compared to a Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Epiphone SG copy. // 10

Sarasota Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 25, 2006

Purchased from: Ponier Music

Features: Well first off I have the solid body version of this guitar but it still has all the great features such as a dual cutaway magogany body, Dean humbecker pickups, all gold hardware including pickup covers not seen in the picture above, one volume and one tone knob, a 3-way toggle, and grover tuners. // 9

Sound: This guitar has excellend sound. Although this looks like a blues/classic rock guitar, I play very heavy metal on it. I mostly play lamb of god, pantera, Metallica, bodom, sabbath, maiden and other like these. I run mine through a basic DigiTech RP50 and a Fender Stage 112SE amp. There is a good amount of gain buzz but I don't mind it too much. I also have a friend who plays more old rock such as the doors and all that good stuff and when I first got it he played it and liked it, so it is a very veritile guitar that can suit anyones taste. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish on this guitar is great. The wood has a very nice dark shine to it and the amount of gold it has just sets it off even more. The neck is relatively thin and has good playability, although stock the strings are a tad too high off for my liking so I have ajusted it a little. Pickups are in a good place, although I wish there was just one more tone knob for my kind of music. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is very solid and is able to take a beating, I have played hard on it for hours at a time of high gain metal and droped it countless times and it still shines and performs like new. All the gold does get dirty quickly but can easily be clean. I have never played with it live, but for the amount of abuse I've given it I'm sure it is worthy. It has not failed me yet like two other of my guitars. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall Dean did a very good job of creating an excellent players guitar with good looks. It can be played easily if you enjoy metal, blues, classic rock, or something else. The playability is great and the finish is awesome. I would recomend it to anyone and would buy it again. I love it so much that I am forever hooked on Dean and I am about to buy a dime tribute to further my Dean collection. // 9

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ ML XF 6 Electric Guitars 11/10/2014