Vendetta XM Review

manufacturer: Dean date: 05/11/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Dean: Vendetta XM
The Dean Vendetta XM Electric Guitar has a fabulous looking lightweight string-thru Paulownia body with incredible resonance. Dual naked humbuckers pump out huge chunk and searing sustain. Rosewood fretboard on a maple neck with 24-fret access is sweet and fleet.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.1
 Features: 8.3
 8.3
 8.1
 8.4
reviews (10) pictures (2) 37 comments vote for this gear:
Vendetta XM Reviewed by: execution_666, on june 05, 2008

Features: This is a great starter guitar, hell it can even be used as a back up on stage. it's got a rosewood fretboard (24 frets) with a tune-o-matic bridge. Bolt on neck. it's got a paulownia body making it extremely light. 1 master volume 1 tone knob (2 total). All that topped off with open-coil humbuckers. The guitar came with an instrument cable. I got it in black. // 9

Sound: The Vendetta is made for metal. The pickups it comes with are god awful. I'm going to replace them with Seymour Duncans, but the range of style is pretty wide none the less. The bridge pickup (one I use the most), gives me a nice heavy and tick sound when distorted. Then I Switch to the clean channel and to the neck pickup and I get a warm acoustic feel. I use a DS-1 distortion pedal. I replaced the strings with Ernie Ball Slinky Top and Heavy Bottom strings (tuned to Drop C). I'm running it through a Crate GDT15R. The sounds are killer. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The actions is great. The pickups are adjusted well, but as I've said, they aren't the best (not more then you can ask for, for the price). Everything seems fine on it. The volume knob did cut my sound though. Here is where you will see the one biggest flaw of this guitar. Using the volume knob excessively cut the wires leading to it and I had to take it in to get that fixed and re-tuned. Also when it arrived, there was a chip on it's headstock. Pissed me off a little. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar, as I've said, is a great backup guitar. So if you use it as a primary axe, you'll need a back up. But this is in case of breaking strings. it's very light and the harware is questionable, but it's last long enough for me to assume that they will last longer. I use a locking strap. The guitar has a solid black finish and won't lave any fingerprints, looks like it will last. // 8

Overall Impression: Again, I play metal (death, thrash). I am a bass player first, but I needed a guitar because no one around me can and I like to write my own music. I needed a guitar that can fill that spot. If it were lost or stolen, I'd have to get it back. I do love it. It fills my needs as a metal guitarist and that's all I can ask for. // 8

Vendetta XM Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 07, 2008

Features: I Bought this guitar in late 2007, freshly unwrapped from Dean, it wasn't even hanging up in Guitar center yet. It came with a pack of D'Addarios, but it's extremely lightweight and easy to play and move around with. The Controls consist of Tone and Volume and are pretty well decent, though mine, as well as the other model on display, both of the control knobs seem very loose. Its body is representable of a Strat, it has a bolt on maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, open coil duel humbuckers, and a string-thru body. The tuners also feel cheap, it goes with what the guitars worth, but they're non-locking and come untuned very easily. // 7

Sound: Do not buy this guitar if you're not intrested in playing metal or blues-ish type music. Also, when unplugged it sounds rather good and projected. I've used it on a 15w Ibanez guitar amp, it distorts pretty well on the distortion setting, without distortion it sounds bluesy. I'm sure on other amps it verys, but with cheap amps it works just as well. When I first bought it, it was not noisy and had a bright full sound, after about a month the cable input seemed loose and clicked in and out after tightening it still seemed to glitch in and out and seemed very noisy. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up great at the factory I suppose. But, it was freshly taken out of a box and removed from paper and bubble wrap, and the fretboard seemed to be fraying at the end and had a lighter discoloration. Also, the pickups coil's seemed to be rusted, plus the control knobs were extremely loose, and once I opened the backframe I noticed they're not even screwed to the body, simply just hanging. While looking at images of the guitar online, it looks like it's made out of a nice wood finish, though the wood finish is just a holograph and it really is made of of cheaper light wood, but that really doesnt't make a difference, also, images online make it seem a lot lighter then it really is, the finish is actually really dark. and the Gray finish is possiblely considered to be black. // 6

Reliability & Durability: The Dean Vendetta XM will withstand a live playing show, for it is very light and easy to jump around and move with. Look into a upgrade on the strap knobs, even locks, this is because they're cheap and feel like plastic. This guitar is dependable, but it's definently the back up guitar, and the guitar is pretty durable, it's been dropped and hit a few times and the finish hasn't even knicked a bit. // 8

Overall Impression: It's a great cheap guitar, it's just not a 'playing in front of millions' guitar. It's great with practice, and it fits a definent metal/blues genre. I'm just getting into guitar, but have been a bassist for six years, I've been around guitars a lot, and there's better than this, but it's great for a starter guitar with bigger sound. I think I wish I could have played it a little bit and fooled around with it, then reliezing the knobs and the tuners being cheap. but it's still great. I Also wish it had more sound controls, and locking tuners, other than that it has pretty good features. // 9

Vendetta XM Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 11, 2012

Price paid: € 118

Purchased from: http://www.thomann.de

Features: The guitar was built in China quite recently (2010-ish?). The body is an extremely lightweight Pawlova, the neck is a bolt-on maple with a rosewood fretboard and it's got 24 jumbo frets. The pickups are two of Dean's own humbuckers, and there's a volume control, a tone control and a 3-way switch. It has a fixed saddle (string-thru body) and quite standard tuners. (All mechanic parts are black. The guitar otherwise is natural dark brown.) It didn't come with any extras or accessoried. It was packed and shipped in a cardboard box, so I can't give more than average on this point. I've had more use of the cardboard box than the guitar, actually. Explanation follows... // 5

Sound: The pickups actually sound pretty nice. They have a good balanced tone, although the output could have been a bit higher. So I won't say it fits for metal. But it sounds quite okay for everything between pop and medium hard rock. It lacks the warmth that I'd need for jazz, so in that department it's useless. The two pickups don't sound good together, so for me it's either neck or bridge position, which pulls the overall score down quite a notch. Unfortunately the guitar is practically void of sustain because of the light body wood and badly matched neck, so you'll need a good dose of compression to make it sound like anything at all. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Here's where the guitar crashes and burns. The setup was HORRIBLE from the factory. It has a sticker on the back of the headstock that says "Inspected & adjusted in the USA by Dean Guitars." Inspected, in this case, probably means that somebody looked at it and went "Yes, it looks like a guitar." Adjusted? Well, somebody needs to get fired or, at least, put in rehab. The neck screws were lose, the jack input plate was loose (and it can't be tightened. The screw holes in the body are wider than the screws), the intonation was a mess, so I'd have to change the whole saddle in order to play above the 2nd fret, the strap button screws were loose, and the tuners keep the guitar in tune almost like a teenage girl holds a secret - which means Not At All. The frets and the fretboard were badly done as well. The wood is badly sanded and the frets are equally as badly filed. This causes a lot of dead spots on the neck and also a lot of unnecessary fret buzz (and blisters and cuts on my fingers). The g-string also buzzes like a bee when it's played open. It sounds like there's something loose somewhere in the neck. At first I thought the truss rod was broken. I haven't found any reason/solution to this, so I'll have to ask a luthier what might cause an open string to buzz like that. The soldering of the pickups, pots and switch was good enough, though, so I'll give 1 point for that. The rest was just too ridiculous - even for a 118 euro guitar. // 1

Reliability & Durability: This guitar, unfortunately, can never be played live or in the studio in the condition it is now. There's just no way that it can handle being played without breaking, and it doesn't stay in tune for more than 5 minutes at a time. I can't even use it as a backup. I can only use it for warming up and finger practices at home. I'd probably give it a higher score if it was sold as firewood than as a guitar. // 1

Overall Impression: Overall it's a nice looking guitar that can't be played. I bought it basically since it was a reasonably priced Dean guitar. Dean's guitars are usually of pretty high standard compared to the price. But this one hit rock bottom. I have been playing guitar for a bit over 30 years now, and I've never had such a poorly made instrument in my hands before. I do have some high class guitars (Fenders, Gibsons etc) and also some mid/low class guitars. I'd put the Dean Vendetta XM between low class and WTF class. When I'm done with this review I'll take out the pickups and the potmeters as spare parts and throw the rest of the instrument away. I saved the cardboard box for that purpose So if you want a cheap guitar - buy something else than this atrocity of an instrument. // 2

Vendetta XM Reviewed by: the jnthn prjct, on november 29, 2007

Features: I'm not sure when or where this guitar was made, all I know is that it had been sitting in the store for a year before I bought it a few months ago. I purchased the natural stain version which features a paulownia sculpted body, a string-through body, dual humbucking pickups, and a Tune-O-Matic bridge. The neck is of maple with a rosewood fretboard and 24 frets. The controls are pretty simple: a volume and tone dial with a 3-way selector. Overall, the features are pretty basic but very solid. Nothing extra came with the guitar (no bag, strap, tools, etc.) which is kind of a bummer for me, a gig bag would have been nice. The only problem I have had with the guitar is that the open pickups can get dusty easily and are hard to clean. No biggy though, just keep them covered when you're not playing. I don't expect to have to replace anything anytime soon. // 9

Sound: This guitar is very versatile, even though the tone dials are very simple, you can get a variety of sounds. I use a Crate GTD15 amp which has both a clean and overdrive channel. The guitar sounds great on both. With the clean setting, the guitar can sound anywhere from 'bluesy,' with a low tone, to an almost acoustic sounding high. There is very little fret buzz with this guitar, so it sounds very nice clean. However, I play mostly rock and hard rock, anything from Incubus to The Misfits, so I play with a lot overdrive. This guitar sounds amazing, and gives out a very dark metal tone with good crunch when there is lots of gain. With a lighter distortion, it sounds very Sex Pistols-ish. All around, you can pretty much nail any sound you're looking for. Being somewhat of a beginner, I don't play a whole lot of crazy stuff. It does pick up on pinch-harmonics well, but without a whole lot of a sustain. Palm muting also sounds great. I haven't been able to get remarkable sustain out of it, but it does the trick. If you're into metal and hard rock, this guitar is perfect. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was surprisingly in good shape, seeing as it had been sitting around for over a year. It came with very smooth strings that I am still playing with, and was set up well. I didn't have to torque or tweak anything to make it sound good. I'm very impressed with the craftsmanship of the guitar, it's a very sleek but dark look. Everything was assembled perfectly. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't done much damage to the guitar, just a scratch or two. It has fallen over a few times, and it's still fine. The strap buttons came a little loose after a few months but I tightened them up with a screwdriver and now they're on there good. I would definitely depend on this guitar. It's very solid and sturdy, but lightweight as well. The finish seems to be fine. It doesn't look too thick but I don't imagine it will be rubbing off anytime soon. Overall, a very solid, reliable guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: Being somewhat of a beginner, this guitar suits me perfectly. I didn't want to pay a whole lot, so for 100 bucks it's pretty much a steal. I originally wanted a Dean ML, but they sounded very similar so I went for the cheaper of the two. I don't regret that choice at all. I love this guitar, especially the smoothness of the neck/fretboard. Moving up and down the neck, slides, hammer-ons; all effortless and extremely smooth. I have played several other guitars in this price range, but this one was my favorite. If you're just starting out, or just don't want to spend a whole lot of money, you should definitely look into the Vendetta XM. // 10

Vendetta XM Reviewed by: Rhino299, on january 05, 2008

Features: This Vendetta XM is my first ever guitar, it's one of the best models I've played. It was made in 2006, it has has 24 frets, and mine is in a dark natural finish. This guitar is used for any kind of music except country. It is mostly used for Indie and metal. There is no case, picks, ect. included with the guitar. Normally this guitar would be $99.99. I would recomend this guitar to a beginner. My overall rating for this guitar is 10 out of 10. // 10

Sound: This guitar has a nice sound to it if used on a decent amp. On other cheap amps it doesnt't sound as decent. This guitar isn't very noisy as other cheaper guitars seem to be, which is good. I think it is a awesome guitar and people who are starters should purchase this because it isnt very expensive, and it has a great sound for almost every style out there. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish is really cool, it is a natural brown finish with a black neck it's shaped like a Stratocaster with a bit more "evil" to it and has two pickups. A single black bridge, black tuners and two sound knobs. It also has a 3 way Switch for the humbuckers. it's very light and extremely comfortable to play sitting and standing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very reliable and is cheap. It also has solid strap buttons which makes your strap super secure. Also has a nice couple of humbuckers which give a really good sound. The guitar seems like it can last several years. I would say up it could last you for a good while, especially when beggining. Overall it is extremely reliable and durable. // 9

Overall Impression: I love this guitar because it has amazing sound and reliablilty. It is very light, and very cheap. I can't wait to learn and play this guitar for the next cople of years ecause it is so nice. I compared it so several starters that my Guitar Center had out and I loved this one most. If someone was to steal it, I would buy another one in a heartbeat after tracking down the thief and assaulting him. This is a great starter guitar. // 10

Vendetta XM Reviewed by: keavader, on january 19, 2008

Features: My bad boy is a 2004. Got 24 frets, really nice. I have the natural finish on mine, very nice. Has the three way Switch, volume, and tone knobs with two humbucking pickups. Has grover tuners. Now that tehe list of things is done, the review. I absolutely love this thing. Pretty much a beginner guitar, but really the nicest one out there. Pretty close in pricing to things like squiers or jump packs but this blows them away in quality. The design is excellent for metal, harder rock, even some more blusey stuff sounds nice. But, it's not exactly perfect. It is, after all, a beginner guitar. So, it's not flawless in quality. // 8

Sound: Not really the best choice for me, but still very nice. Has a real good sustain for metal and stuff and a good full sound for like blues or jazz or something. My only thing is that it's not too bright. That's really the only sort of stuff that doesn't sound that awesome on this bad boy. You don't get much noise, if any, and overall it's a good general guitar. Especially for metal. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Excellent action, no real problems with it. I didn't have to really change too much when I got it. I know some other people with 'em, so I know what problems people run into with this thing. Finish errors (I have some chips and some weird spots on mine), issues with the tuning pegs (loose, even had a cracked one on a buddy's), and the knobs tend to come loose along with the nut on the jack. All I did was replace the nuts and it was good to go. Overall, pretty well put together. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I don't play Live, so I can't really say for sure, but I do know my guitar. I know that I've had it for eight months, it has one chip in it when it took a little tumble off of a table and everything else is still like I bought it. I've banged it on walls, knocked it over, all sorts o' stuff and still she's a beauty. I don't think I'll ever really need to do anything with it. It's pretty good in the durability area. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, not perfectly me as to the richer sound, but ya know, I really love the thing. I haven't been playing forever, but I've played a lot of guitars and this one is good quality, cheap, and versatile. For someone just starting, it's a perfect guitar. If you are low on budget and need a new axe, it's perfect. I've played all the other guitars in the price range; squires, epiphones, yamahas, the whole deal and this is absolutely the best for beginners and cheapies. I love this thing and I'd never get rid of it. // 8

Vendetta XM Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 11, 2008

Features: I have been playing guitar over 15 years and own several Ibanez, a Jackson Dinky, and a Schecter CS-1. This guitar has the action equal to all my other guitars. I am more of a rhythm player so I never use a whammy bar, which this beauty doesn't need. I got the transparent black finish. I thought from the catalog it would be gray, but it has a nice transparent/ flat black finish. I read about it and wanted to see if for $99 it was worth all the hype! I went to Guitar Center and couldn't turn down the $79 offer the salesman made. I had to play it first, I ran it through a Line 6 Spider III 150W half stack and was amazed at the professional quality a guitar at this price. It has the Beautiful stat shape with streamlined beveling for extra reach on the 24 frets. Good pinch harmonics, and great for shredding and clean. For dual humbuckers it was great distorted and clean. I was bummerd out not to get a gig bag. The $79 I planned on spending in the bar that night wound up on a great investment I cannot wait to record with my other axes. The price is unbelievable! It's made me look really hard for guitars at this price that would match the qualty, you won't find anything at this price that's this awesome! // 10

Sound: The Vendetta XM kept up with my stylings and stayed in tune and no strings broke. I run it through a Line 6 Spider III 75W Half stack with built-in fx and it sounded great! Very quiet pickups between riffs, good niose reduction. The tone is awesome for rock and metal. Excellent sustain and clarity in the chords in overdrive. It stays in tune!!! I bought this a month ago and still haven't tuned it! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I got one of the last transparent black ones. The body is light and the neck is like butter, smooth fret palying. I play metal, rock and industrial-rock. This beauty really compliments my aggressive upward-downward aggressive rhythmic picking I strum to match drumbeats and then break off to muted slow grinding halt a lot and then strum flangy chorusy jazz/funk chords for quiet parts. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It has stood my beatings. It will last the road with little maintenenance. In my experience, after playing it for a few songs my hands tell me if I'll love it forever. This guitar never left my hands that day. I had fend off a bunch of hands on the city bus all the way home. The only bum that didn't try touching my new axe was a blind dude. // 8

Overall Impression: This axe was a steal, you won't find deals like this often. I got mine for $79 and there were only 2 left! It's on clearance, and I don't think they made extras. Limited run of production. Some companies will throw some really high quality stuff for cheap just to lure in new customers, and when they reissue this axe you better believe it will cost at least $300. // 10

Vendetta XM Reviewed by: rocka120, on january 08, 2009

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

Features: Okay, this guitar looks pretty good, mine has like a flat black finish. It has 1 volume and 1 tone knob, and came with a cheap cable.The body looks like a Stratocaster and has a 24 fret neck meaning, you could play almost anything on it. It has 2 passive Dean designed open coil humbuckers. The tuners are non-locking economy style. The body is really lightwieght and the strap buttons are pretty solid. I have no idea when it was made but it was made in china. // 7

Sound: I play a lot of Metallica and a lot of older rock, and this guitar sounds great. I just started playin and I'm using a Peavey audition 10w amp, and a DigiTech RP250 and I can get whatever sound I want out no problem. This guitar doesn't have a very good clean sound, with out the RP the guitar sounds real bluesy, and it has a nice metal sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I unwrapped it Christmas morning the action was a little high and it wasn't intonated or tuned, at all! The only flaws mine has now are: the output jack keeps coming loose, and the fret board has some discoloration and 1 of the frets aren't shiny, but that's just cosmetic. The finish is incredible though, the headstock accidently met my ceiling fan while it was turned on, and the finish wasn't marked or anything, just some dust from the fan // 9

Reliability & Durability: I'm not sure wat to say here cause the most Live playing I've ever done was on top of my friends house but the strap buttons are really solid and the finish can withstand almost anything, 'cept for knives and guns, o' course. The hardware seems like it will hold up but the output jack is my only concern, cause it keeps comin loose. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal and old rock mainly but sometimes I feel like playin blues and this guitar sounds great either way. I compared it to a Squier Strat and a Epiphone SG Special and this guitar blew both of them out of the water, and it costs less too!! So if you want to rock and can only spend about $150 dollars then get this guitar, you will not regret it. Even my uncle said it was a good guitar and he's been playin guitar for thirty years now! // 10

Vendetta XM Reviewed by: HerrTolnai, on april 08, 2009

Price paid: € 130

Purchased from: Thomann Online Store

Features: Okay, here we go. I bought my little vendetta 5 months ago in an online store for 130 euro. It was made in Japan and it has 24 frets on a nice and thin rosewood neck. The body is really super lightweight and I love it. You can jump around and everything and your shoulder doesn't Hurt. The 2 knobs were pretty loose but it was easy to fix them with superglue. The tone knob is pretty sensitive. It came with 2 naked humbucker and one of them was kind of strange, because it wasn't parallel to the other one. The guitar came with D'Addario strings which I still use, they're pretty nice. // 9

Sound: The naked humbuckers give a really bluesy sound without distortion, but if you turn the distortion on, they roar like a lion, really loud and heavy, great for metal and other heavy things. I put black EMG style pick up covers on them and it just looks great and expensive. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came ready to play from the factory but some parts just hung loose and sloppy, especially the knobs. It was horrible to get the film which protects the PU's and the neck off. I had to loose the screws to get it off. The fretboard was not even at the 24th fret and it started to frazzle. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Usually I'm a drummer but I would trust this guitar to play some hours on stage with it. I dropped it down a few times and the body looks like it just came out of the factory, really robust. The strings stay in tune a looong time, the last time I tuned them was 2 weeks ago and the tuner says, they're still in tune. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is the guitar for beginners Who want to play rock/metal/blues. The body is just nice to play with and with some optical tuning it looks really wonderful. If it were stolen I would buy this guitar again. Even if I would become famous, I would still play this guitar because it just makes fun. The only thing I wish on this guitar would be a floyd-rose. Overall: You can't do anything wrong with this guitar, it's worth every cent. // 10

Vendetta XM Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 24, 2010

Purchased from: Musiciansfreind.com

Features: I have a japan made trans-black Dean Vendetta XM which I purchased early 2009. It is a 25.5 scale 24 fret string-thru paulowina wood bodied/maple bolt-on neck/rosewood fretboard guitar. It has the super Strat shape. Came with non locking tuners, 2 Dean humbuckers, and a tune-o-matic style bridge. It has 1 tone, 1 volume and a 3 way switch. It did come with a amp cable but it was low quality as expected with a guitar in its price range. For the price its actually a GREAT guitar. // 9

Sound: The stock humbuckers had a bluesey sound when played clean and handled distortion well, but if you aren't playing harder rock/metal then they wont work as well. I am currently using a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier head hooked up to a full stack with carious speakers for the sound I crave. It then runs through my pedal board which has various effects pedals. Mostly Boss and a few boutique pedals. I found after a few mods I did to it it sounds quite well. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Straight out of the box action was set at a medium height, I had to lower it my tastes. The pickups we set pretty low and I had to adjust those. The fretboard was good, had a few minor cosmetic dings, but then again I got if delivered via ups and that could be expected. It wasn't anything severe enough for me to send back. The paulowina wood body is extremely light and great for a long jam sesh with the band, as well as for writing purposes where you sit there and play around with riffs and scales until it all seems to come together. A few issues I had were the tuners didn't stay in tune long, and the tone and volume pots were loose as well as the jack. I REALLY like the c shaped neck as I have bigger hands and after playing a few ESP LTD and Ibanez guitars I was looking for something thicker in profile. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have used this as a back up guitar for about 1 1/2 years, I put off writing a review to see how it would stand up, and as far as durability and realiability it has exceded my expectations for a cheap $100 guitar. The strap buttons appeared to be made of plastic, thos had to go and got replaced with some Dunlop dual design strap locks. I also replaced the stock pickups for some Seymour Duncan active blackouts and they scream with this body. I also replaced the stock tuners with some sperzel locking ones which fixed the tuning issues and keep it in tune for prolonged periods of time. I also opted for a more expensive REAL tune-o-matic bridge which makes it sound REALLY awesome. I also replaced the tone and volume posts for the active pickups as the 250k had to be replaced with 25k pots and rewired the whole back side when I replaced the pickups to accomadate the battery, pleanty of room in the back cavity for everything. The battethe finish still looks great, minus some belt buckle rash on the back end. Pretty much the only left stock is the neck and body. Nut I was looking for longevity from this awesome guitar so I made alot of upgrades. // 9

Overall Impression: I typically play more metal/hard rock songs and am part of a cover band. We play songs from such bands as slipknot, children of bodom, pantera, cradle of filth, and shadows fall. And with the upgrades I made this guitar is perfect as a backup or practice guitar. I have been playing myself for close to 13 years, I own a ESP Eclipse II, as well as a Schecter ATX blackjack C-1 style, and a shecter jeff loomis 7 string. They are more expensive and this one can come close to hanging with them. For the initial price of $100 I find this to be a GREAT deal, of course I did do alot of modifying but that was to get the sound I crave. If I had a chance to buy this again or get something else I would for sure purchase this one again. For the past 18 months or so it has suited me well and is a great axe to gig with as well as practice with due to its extreme light weight. // 10

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ ML XF 6 Electric Guitars 11/10/2014