Vendetta XMT Review

8.5
 9.3
reviews (2) pictures (1) 17 comments vote for this gear:
Vendetta XMT Reviewed by: thecrimsondawn, on october 13, 2008

Features: The Dean Vendetta XMT is a solidbody electric guitar with a string-through design for great sustain and less weight. A solid choice for beginners and veterans alike, this version of the Dean Vendetta now features a Vintage tremolo bridge so you can make this axe howl while you note bend like a maniac. Also features classic Dean V ferrule pattern, dual humbucker pickups, 25.5 scale, and a solid mahogany body with a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. Bolt on-neck and black hardware complete the Dean Vendetta XMT. // 10

Sound: The sound is absolutely amazing. No matter what style of music you are playing, the XMT delivers a bright, full, rich sound every time. I can play rock, punk, metal, blues, you name it and the XMT blows me away! The most surprising thing to me so far was when I was playing some old classic Beatles songs (Eight Days a Week, I Want to Hold Your Hand, etc.). I always thought you had to buy a specific type of guitar, or upgrade your axe with special pickups, but with the right ammount of tone, the XMT can sound exactly like the old 60s guitars. Even without effects, this guitar really sounds better than the price you'll pay. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The XMT has low action, which is really nice. The dual humbuckers were a smart move for a low budget guitar. The neck pickup has a deep, thick, and emotional sound that works great with pick throughs and arpeggios, whereas the bridge pickup has a warm, happy ringing that is perfect for chords even if your playing a sad song. There were no mistakes with the construction of this guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar sounds like so much more than it is. It can stand up to a lot of name brand guitars. Out of the 12 guitars I've played, this one is absolutely the best. I don't have a case for my XMT, and I admit there have been some times where I've banged it up pretty bad, but it doesn't even has a scatch. It is definatly a durable guitar that I would and have put all of my Faith in. I haven't had any problems with it what so ever. // 10

Overall Impression: I mostly play punk rock, and this guitar can dish out strong rhythms and clear solos like nothing else. I've been playing guitar for almost 4 years, adn I have 4 guitars in total. The only one that can stand up to the quality of my XMT is my over 30 year old Yamaha acoustic that was my dad's (also a magnificent guitar). I use my XMT with a Zoom G1X effects pedal, and I don't think I could find a more perfect match. If I could go back in time, I would buy this guitar all over again. Everyone Who comes over always asks if they could play it, and after they do, they are blown away! They are always shocked to hear the price I paid for it too. ("It was only $130?!")I bought mine in metallic blue, and I have never seen a more beautiful guitar. I love the look, the sound, and the envy on all my friends faces! Don't waste your money on a Strat when you can get the Dean Vendetta XMT for less. // 10

Vendetta XMT Reviewed by: TylerM262, on june 14, 2011

Purchased from: GC

Features: I got this used from a GC in Des Moines. don't know when it was made, and like everything else nowadays its made in CHina. I beleive its a Vendetta 2.0, but the two come with the exact same hardware. Licensed FR. Dean Designed Pickups (passive). The Neck is a maple back with what I beleive to be a fake rosewood fretboard. The finish on mine is a satin Digi-Can, in whick the previous owner too laquer and dabbed on some spots of the body, ie the part where your picking arm meets the body, and the heel where the neck bolts on. Only thing I disliked when I received it was I came in a suier box, eew, and not tremolo arm came with. // 7

Sound: I play metalcore mostly, and this thing is well suited for it, the I run this through a Line 6 Spider, and sometimes through my freinds marshall. I'm not going to say how it sounds through the Line 6 cause that's a waste of time, but through the marshall, its got some nice clean sounds depending on there the pup selector is, the dist sounds amazing to me. I I'm most likely going to change pickups though. I can't say about what other styles of music that it can do tough. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: I can't say about the factory, but when I got it shipped, the action was a little high for my tastes, but that was most likely from the other owner. Same story on there the pups were. So far I haven't found any flaws, except from where I dropped it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played it live yet, but I believe it will hold up to live playing. The Floyd Rose is solid. can't say about the strap buttons cause I replaced em with Strap Locks. I would never play without a backup with a Floyd Rose, but that's just me. I believe the finish will last, it has lasted me for the couple months I've owned it. // 7

Overall Impression: I suits my style of music. I've already stated my setup before. I wish I had got a Schecter or a Jackson instead. If it was lost/stolen I'd go buy something else. I love the FR, I an going to buy better pups. I think the inlays are kickass. I wish I'r has Seymour Duncan SH-8 or EMGs. // 7

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ Exotica 8.6 Acoustic Guitars 05/30/2014