Z Baby Titanium Ice Review

manufacturer: Dean date: 10/11/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Dean: Z Baby Titanium Ice
They are 3/4 size, with a contoured top. The body, made of Basswood, is mated to a bolt-on Maple neck with 22 frets, a 24-3/4" scale and a Rosewood fingerboard that's finished with abalone dot inlays.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.5
 8.8
 8.9
 8.6
reviews (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Z Baby Titanium Ice Reviewed by: jono_666, on december 17, 2005

Purchased from: Music Scene

Features: Think this one was made in USA, not entirely sure on that. 22 jumbo frets I believe. Nice metallic purple finish. The body shape is similar to that of an Explorer, except the edges are more rounded. String-thru body. 3-way selector, 1 volume, 1 tone. 2 Dean humbuckers, you can get some pretty cool sounds out of it. It works well for metal/hard rock type music. I play it through a Line 6 Spider II, and it sounds fine to me. Fairly fast fret action. Rosewood fretboard. The paint chips quite easily so be careful with it, I've had it around 12 months, and theres a few little dings and chips on it. // 8

Sound: I play mostly metal/hard rock to punk stuff, and it sounds fine on all of those. Like I said, I use it through a Line 6 Spider II, and I also use a Dunlop Crybabay, and it sounds brilliant for heavier music. Not too bad on clean either. No buzz even at high volumes. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory set up was fine, fastish fret action, but you can't really shred on it, well I can't anyway lol. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've used this thing live and I used it without a backup, and would do it again. I can't see it ever letting me down until Father Time kicks its ass. Finish last a good while, but be careful how you andle this guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing 2 years and its perfect for me. If it were lost I'd probably buy something a little higher-end but if it was stolen, I'd hate to be the guy who stole it if I got a hold of him, because I would kill to get this back. Wish it had better pickups, but that can be sorted. // 10

Z Baby Titanium Ice Reviewed by: Sicking, on october 11, 2007

Purchased from: Ministry Of Music

Features: It was made in China so I am not sure about craftsmanship, it has 22 Frets, 24-3/4" Scale, it's body is made of Basswood, The bridge is Tune-O-Matic with Dean pickups. As controls it ha a volume a 3-way toggle switch and a toner. Black hardware, metallic red coloured. // 8

Sound: In my opinion I think this guitar suits me very well in the music style as I like to play Thrash Metal and a little bit of Death Metal. The amp I am using with it is a Fender Frontman 25R and I have to say it left me with my jaw open for about 10 minutes with clarity and melodic sound that they can produce. The only thing that iss bugging me a bit currently is that the guitar has a bit of feedback in it but the richessness of it's sound tops it up. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was setted up fine, I never complained about the pickups so I have to say they were adjusted pretty well. The only thing that I was a bit of disappointed is that I noticed a few spraying flaws. but on overall all it sames that everything is in working order. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I am pretty sure this guitar will withstand guitar playing and the hardware will last a couple of years long if you give it a service every 1 year or every 1 year and half. I never giged so far so I can't say if it's dependable or not but one thing for sure it's very reliable in a garage practice. About the finishing as I mentioned it before I found a few finishing flaws as if it was sprayed or painted it well but sometimes I played with spike's in my picking hand and there ain't any paint wear off but only a very few minor scratches. // 8

Overall Impression: The style of music I play is thrash metal and I definitly have to say that's this guitar was a bulls eye for me not only the sound that it can produce but it's pretty good for playability especially for beginners Dean never fails when it come for playability. Been playing the guitar for almost 10 months now and if it get stolen I am sure that I will hunt this guy down and make him bleed for mercy, if it's lost I would probably but a better from the same manufacturer or try to find a guitar that came come close to it or better. What I love most that it's pretty good in the playability section and as said before this guitar is not only recomended but it's a must for begginers! // 10

More Dean reviews rating category latest review
+ ML XF 6 Electric Guitars 11/10/2014