Inferno Review

9.3
reviews (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Inferno Reviewed by: bradyg, on july 02, 2007

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Features: A gig bag and a cable is included with the guitar. There are 22 frets on the guitar, and the fretboard is maple, and the body is alder. A string-thru body is what kind the bridge is, and there is a 3-way toggle Switch. Non-locking tuners also, I'm sure they are Grover tuners. // 10

Sound: It suits my music style completely. The pickups are Spitfire, on both the neck and bridge. It has a three way toggle Switch and that helps loads for different sounds. I can hit some killer pitch harmonics on it and they come out crystal clear. This guitar is just amazing for the low price. The pickups were a lot better than I expected them to be, they just perform well for me, and I have a crappy Behringer starter guitar, and that guitar is nothing compared to this. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was awesome right when I got it. I find nothing the matter with it. I mean it goes out of tune sometimes, not always. But tuning doesn't actually bother me. About every 3-4 times I play I have to re-tune it, but I also use my whammy bar a lot and that may have some effect to it going out of tune. The finish unbelievable in real life. Their is fire across the body of the guitar, and the fire makes it looks absolutely amazing. The headstock of it also has the same design as the body. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar all together, yes, I'm sure it could withstand Live playing. I have not had one problem with the strap falling off. I would think that this guitar would be able to play a full show without using a backup. The strings that came with it are nice, and they haven't snapped yet, so yeah I'd definitely trust this guitar alone. // 10

Overall Impression: I play heavy metal/rock and it matches it perfect. I've been playing for about 7 months and this is my second guitar, but I am coming along good and this is definitely a great guitar for metal music. Don't get the wrong impression because I haven't been playing for a full year, and that this is my second guitar, that I don't know what I'm talking about, because I've played plenty of guitars at other guitar shops and this guitar tops them all. It just fits my style. If it were stolen I'd easily buy another guitar like this, because it's a great guitar. Honestly, get this guitar you won't be sad that you got it because somethings the matter with it. It's an excellent metal guitar and it will really be a great show off guitar to your friends and/or fans if your in a band. // 10

Inferno Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 26, 2008

Features: I am not sure what year it was made, to be honest. This is the Devlin Inferno, however if you say that in music stores the clerk may have no idea what you are talking about. On the Devlin webpage of the SHS Audio website it is known as the Devlin Flame, and it is obvious why. It is an alder-bodied guitar that is black on the back and red with realistic-looking flames on the body's front and the headstock. 22 frets with open circle inlays on a rosewood fretboard. It uses 2 Spitfire pickups, which slightly resemble EMG humbuckers yet are passive. The bridge is a Vintage tremolo and the strings go through it. It uses 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, and a 3-way selector Switch on a Strat style body. What came with it was a gig bag, some allen wrenches, and a strap. // 10

Sound: It is a guitar for metal, which I love to play. I use it with a small Fender amp and a Crate GTX-65 with 3 Danelectro pedals; FAB Metal Distortion, FAB Flange, and FAB Echo (Delay). On the little amp (15 watts) it sounds kinda blah, however the little thing doesn't have any mids and I like mids so that could be why. On my Crate I can get a sound like Slayer, early Tool, and Lamb Of God out of the guitar, which leads me to believe this guitar is meant for big amps. On the clean channels I use it to play stuff I write and it sounds pretty good. The harmonics on it are a dream. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When this guitar came in the setup of the bridge was fine, but the whammy bar wasn't in. For those Who saw in forum posts I had a hell of a time getting it in and getting it tight enough, however once it was in it was all right. It's not a Floyd Rose or an edge so don't get any ideas about trying to do whammy squeals. I lowered the pickups slightly, I like them only slightly going up. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The finish seems good enough to last, however I've only had it for less than 4 months so I haven't performed with it. The hardware will last because I don't mess around with the whammy all that much (I feel that sometimes it gets in the way). The strap buttons are pretty solid, but I need a new strap and I'm broke so duct tape has been a temporary repair for the damn strap. I would use this Live with no backup. // 8

Overall Impression: In four years I've been playing metal and this guitar is good for it, however I want to put in Seymour Duncans (preferably SH-2 and SH-4 JB) but as previously mentioned, I'm broke and can't afford any at this time. I've compared it to other guitars I have owned (a POS First Act and a POS Les Paul Copy) and a Behringer, and I love this guitar over the other 3. I probably would have to buy it again if it was stolen or lost because this is my main guitar. // 8

More Devlin reviews rating category latest review
+ Interceptor 5 Electric Guitars 10/12/2011