Interceptor Review

5.9
 4.1
reviews (2) 25 comments vote for this gear:
Interceptor Reviewed by: Floppylopagus, on june 02, 2010

Features: Don't know when or where it was made. Twenty-two jumbo fret. Laminated top I'm sure. Don't know what kind of wood its made from I am assuming its made of ply maybe fiber board. Finish is matte black or satin whatever. Body style is similar to a James Hatfield JH-2 with the bottom middle cut out to a right wave kind of curve. Its a string through body. Passive pickups. Volume and two tone knobs with a three way selector. Good old SPITFIRE pickups... Wait what, and what the hell are those. No name tuners I don't know any more than that. I got this from a guy who owed me 200 bucks, and since he wasn't paying me after I help him with some of his bills I was glad I got something for my money. // 4

Sound: It sucks as far as guitars go. I play guitar that being said I don't limit myself to playing one style. I love metal though. I have played this guitar through and from a mese triple rec. To a crate, and Line 6 amps. Since most of a guitar's sound comes from the amp it was as good as the amps. The pickups are mediocre at best so it kind of suffered. Most importantly the sustain on this guitar is just about as bad as it gets. Also this is a strait guitar nothing fancy. // 3

Action, Fit & Finish: Action sucks. Pickups suck, but the pickups are in a good spot. I don't know about the bookmatching of the wood the bridge is where it is I don't think they had to route it. Over all just a simple, and over all shitty guitar, but hey I wasn't the one who fell for buying it in the first place. I do play with it frequintly it is not a backup to my Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR. Now that is a guitar. // 3

Reliability & Durability: I would not choose to play this guitar live. Hardware is of sub decent quality. The strap buttons are fine. No I can not depend on it, but its more for the sound than the craftsmenship. It does fine with taking abuse if I want to go jam with the guys I just throw it in the back seat with my combo amp and go. That is the only good thing about it. // 4

Overall Impression: Don't buy this for more than 150 or your getting fleeced. I have been playing for around 3 or 4 years. I have already told of my awesome Schecter. I didn't pay for it. I'm just glad that I got something for my money. P.S. I do not loan money to that guy anymore. I would not replace it. I love that I don't care if it gets torn to shit that's it. The only thing I wish it had would be everything it doesn't have like quality, or craftsmenship. Perhaps decent parts. // 3

Interceptor Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 12, 2011

Purchased from: Music Shop

Features: I'm not sure what year it was made. There is 22 Jumbo Frets on it. It has a laminated top (I'm pretty sure). I'm not sure on the wood either. I did research on it and there was almost no info on the parts, wood, etc., and almost every review bashed it. It's not a very bad guitar, though. It is an Interceptor which is a very cool body style. It has a String-thru style bridge. It's controls are volume and tone. The pickups are Spitfires which are very unheard of. They actually don't sound too bad and are placed in a good spot. It has no name on the tuners. It came with a gigbag, but the previous owner had the gigbag with it. // 5

Sound: This guitar is ideal for metal, which is what I play. I tried it out in a shop on a Randall amp (not sure on the model)and play it now on a Peavey. Sounds good on both. It plays awesome. It has a very rich sound and the tone is perfect for metal. It does artificial and natural harmonics amazingly. The sustain is ok, but not awesome. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is super great. You can do amazing lead because of the action. The pickups were fine, even they are not a very popular brand. The top is properly bookmatched and the bridge is routed good. It did now have any flaws that I could see, except for a small scratch on the body, but the guitar was previously owned. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think it will do fine live playing. The hardware is good, but the knobs might eventually get sketchy. The tuners are awesome (too bad there's no brand name). The strap buttons are solid. I would recommend having a backup, but I always recommend that. The finish is very solid and can last. // 9

Overall Impression: Like I said, this is ideal for metal.I wish that I could have asked the owner where he came across this guitar, because there is almost nothing about Devlin Guitars anywhere. They are very overlooked, and have very good quality. If it were lost I would try to find another, but for a decent price. I love that this guitar has an awesome body shape, and that the action is amazing. I compared it to my Warlock, and it is very similar, which is one reason I got it. I have been playing for 4 years and I also have a B.C. Rich Warlock and an Epiphone SG Special. Overall, this guitar is worth probably around $250 tops and kicks ass for metal. // 9

More Devlin reviews rating category latest review
+ Inferno 8.7 Electric Guitars 03/26/2008