Shadow Review

5.8
review (1) pictures (4) 45 comments vote for this gear:
Shadow Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 30, 2010

Purchased from: www.rondomusic.com

Features: 2010 model C01106. 22 frets jumbo frets on a bound 24.75" Rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid inlays. Single cutaway arch top body made from solid Alder. Maple neck. Les Paul style body. Stop Bar Tailpiece. 2 Volume and 2 tuning knobs with a 3-way pickup selector. 2 Humbucking double coil pickups. Locking tuners with chrome hardware and all steel parts. // 9

Sound: This guitar is perfect for all styles. I play metal/rock music and it sounds perfect. I use my Peavy Transtube Transformer 112 with high gain & low gain with tons of effects and works perfect. It has a very thick sound do to the humbuckers. It can sound very bright/bluesy and heavy also. Sounds good with vibratos and pinch harmonics. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was perfect from the factory, strings were a bit loose but all in all perfect. The pickups are perfect sounding. Its all properly made. The headstock had a little extra poly on the top. Sunburst Finish that is very close to the original Les Paul sunburst finish, just the outer color is a little darker. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will handle live playing perfectly. The hardwaqre is all steel and with last for a long time without breaking. Strap buttons are kinda small but they work. I could definitely play this wihtout a backup at a gig. The finish is sunburst with a thick coat of poly and wont scratch off. // 10

Overall Impression: I play heavy metal/screamo/rock/light rock music & this guitar sounds great with them all. I've been playing for a year and a half but most poeple tell me it seems like I've been playing for several years. I also own 2 strats (1 custom), ESP LTD KH-202, and an Lauren Acoustic (cheapy), Peavy Transformer 112, Fender Frontman 15G, Marshall mini amp. If this guitar was lost I would definitely buy it again. I love everything on the guitar. Only thing I hate is that I can't find what the allen wrench is for when it doesn't fit on anything on the guitar. This guitar was just gonna be scrapped for my custom but after using it, I changed my mind. For $120, WELL WORTH IT! // 10

More Douglas reviews rating category latest review
+ Gravity WF SH TA 8.1 Electric Guitars 04/16/2014