SIV-45 Review

4.5
review (1) pictures (2) 11 comments vote for this gear:
SIV-45 Reviewed by: AcEL7, on june 17, 2010

Purchased from: RondoMusic

Features: The Douglas SIV-45 is a Randy Rhoads V shaped body with a bolt on neck... It features 22 easy access frets which really helps for wailing solos. The neck is the perfect thickness to get to chords and playing fast rhythms and fast position chancges. It also features a stop tail piece which provides easy string changes when needed. There is one volume control, one tone control, and a pickup selector... The only bad thing about this is that you can't turn one pickup's volume down and turn the other one up and move the picup selector so get a whammy bar effect when needed. This guitar also has non locking tuners. When you buy this guitar it also comes with an allen wrench and a cable. // 6

Sound: This guitar suits my style of music perfectly because it has a V shaped body and can really handle the punishment of heavy metal music. I currently use a plug and play setup with just my amp and my guitar with no effects and I play through a Marshall MG Half Stack. The only problem about noise was there is a little fret buzz when you first get the guitar and after you tune it but this can be easily fixed by raising the tailpiece to your likings and retuning your guitar. This guitar sounds great on any setting and any volume... Anywhere to full gain and volume to clean and quiet and it also has a very bright sound when played with a combination of clean and neck pickup. This guitar can make almost any sound you want it to make... Your imagination is your limit. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup up excellent at the factory besides the fact that there is fret buzz from the tailpiece being to low, other than that there are no flaws in the setup of this guitar. The pickups are adjusted very well unless you want a really heavy sound then you want to raise the bridge pickup closer to the strings to get a heavier sound. This guitar has excellent routing and even better wiring. The only flaw in this guitar is it can't play the music for you. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can withstand almost anything... Form being dropped or hit against something... This guitar is very durable. The hardware is excellent and will last as long as you want to play guitar and the strap buttons are very solid and are tightened securely onto the guitar. This guitar is very dependable and can be used in a gig without using another guitar unless you use different tunings and don't want to retune after every song. The finish on this guitar is very good and doesn't wear off from heavy play. // 7

Overall Impression: I mainly play heavy metal music and this guitar is the perfect match for this kind of music. I've been playing for about a year and this is the only guitar I ever use. There is nothing I could ask before buying this guitar... Everything is excellent on this guitar... From the strings to the wiring. If my guitar were lost or stolen I would instantly buy another one because this guitar is excellent. I love everything about this guitar and I hate nothing about it. I did not compare it to other products... This guitar is cheap but I took the chance and I don't regret it getting it. I chose this guitar because it has great looks, it's a V style body, and it is everything I've ever wanted and more in a guitar. The only things I wish it had is another volume knob and a Original Floyd Rose Tremolo. // 9

More Douglas reviews rating category latest review
+ Hadron 727 8.4 Electric Guitars 11/11/2014