DGT-1 Review

5.5
reviews (4) pictures (8) 18 comments vote for this gear:
DGT-1 Reviewed by: BennySaid, on january 26, 2008

Purchased from: Blind Faith Enterprises--Winchester, Virginia

Features: 2005 electric Sunburst print alder Stratocaster style body with Strat-style type vibrato bridge, no-name non-locking tuners, typical Stratocaster width and length 25.5" scale 22 fret maple bolt-on neck with rosewood fingerboard, 3 single coil no-name pickups with 5-way selector, two tone and one volume controls with passive electronics. // 8

Sound: This is my first electric guitar, so I don't have any valuable input and I currently don't play with any effects. The amp I use is a Fender Frontman and it comes through pretty well. The style music I play is rock/punk/emo and the guitar didn't do badly as a learning instrument. Made in the U.S.A. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: When I first got it, the sales rep had to do some fret work on it to get the fret edges to be flush with the side of the neck. However, I had to get some additional work done on the bridge and bridge plate to eliminate the burrs the sales rep left that was snagging the strings and wearing them out. The truss rod had to be adjusted and the string height had to be set a little higher than it originally was in order to avoid buzzing. A few of the frets were a little high and required a fret job to also help with the buzzing problem. All-in-all the repairs and tweaks cost only 25 dollars. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I take it with me while transitioning between home, my dorm, and my friends' houses and have had no problems plugging it right in as soon as I get there and playing it. I don't have any kind of transport covering for it so it has fallen, been dinged, dropped (once), and open to the elements and throughout all of that it still plays well. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing for a little over two years now on an acoustic guitar and used this guitar in an attempt to broaden my musical horizons. When I bought the guitar, I was looking for a name brand, like Ibanez or Fender, and when the rep showed me the guitar I was kind of taken back because I had never heard of "Eleca". However, after he played it and I played what parts of songs I knew he said, "A Strat is a Strat, why pay more just to get the brand name?" Other than the initial work I had done, I have no complaints and would dare to say this is a pretty good guitar for a newbie. // 9

DGT-1 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 14, 2007

Features: It was made in 2006, in the USA. It has a rosewood finger broad. It has 22 frets like most electric guitars. The gutiar has a soild-top. The body is made out of Alder and the neck is a bolt-on maple neck. It has a flamed top with no scratch broad. It has a Strat body. The bridge style is Tele. The guitar has a volume knob, two tone knobs, and a 5-way selector. The DGT-1 has 3 single coiled pickups. It didn't come with a tuner, I'm planing on getting one. The package came with a pitch pipe. The DGT-1 (flame) package came with gig bag, strap, cable, 10w amp, whammy bar, pitch pipe, and one thumb pick. // 8

Sound: This guitar suites my style really good. My style is rock, post/grunge, hardcore, metal, and heavy metal. I'm using EG-10J (OD) Eleca amp. I'm not using effects yet, I'm just starting to play the electric guitar. It can be noisy, only when I put the amp on overdrive. The guitar make sound of rock, metal, grunge, heavy metal, and if you really whated to death metal. If you use the whammy bar you get it to sound like a car starting and reving, so it has a good variety. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set-up pretty good. The action was okay. The pickups were adjusted okay. If you look carefully on the guitar you can see come of the wires of the pickups, at least they work. It has a properly bookmatched top, and proberly routed bridge.The guitar has a a noisy pickup selector. // 5

Reliability & Durability: It will withstand playing live. The hardware looks like it will last many years. The strap buttons are soild. I wouldn't use it with out a back back. It was so hard to change the strings. You have to tred them through the back of the guitar. It has a great finish, it isn't thin or easy to warf off with lots of playing. // 6

Overall Impression: I play most rock (metal, grunge, hardcore). I have been playing guitar for almost a year. I had this guitar for about 3-4 days. I also own a burswood ascoustic. They was nothing I wished to say when I got this guitar. Yes, if it was lost/Stolen I would buy that same guitar. I love the grapic top, and the overdrive controls on the amp. I hate the knob on the pickup selector, It falls off sometimes. My favorite feature is the whammy bar. I wouldn't compare it, Expect that it looks like Fender Strat. I wished it had a Floyd Rose bridge. // 8

DGT-1 Reviewed by: Schneidees, on may 02, 2012

Features: It was made in China, 22 fretted strat. 5-way selector - SSS pickups, Volume control and 2 Tone controls for the middle pickup and the neck pickup. It has one way tremolo. I got in the Eleca beginners pack and it contained gig bag, strap, cable, whammy bar and tools. // 7

Sound: I play Kiss and it does not suit at all. Because it has single pickups and I'm really missing a humbucker on the bridge. My guitar runs into Boss SD-1 (for boosting solos), DigiTech HOT Head, DigiTech Grunge, Vox V845 and Danelectro FAB 600ms Delay and then to my Crate FW15R. I usually play on middle/bridge pickup to reduce the noise and I turn the Tone knob for the middle pickup to 0. Then it gets kind of heavy. Otherwise it has bright sound. The guitar does not have a lot of sound variety, when turning the tone knob you can only tell the difference between zero and full but there's no well noticeable difference in between. But that's why you use effects and amp. // 5

Reliability & Durability: The guitar will surely withstand live playing. Hardware is also good to last long. I wouldn't use it on a gig because it is crappy but theoretically yes, I wouldn't need any backup. It is overall very durable and I can depend on it. // 8

Overall Impression: Again, I play KISS but it's not a good match. Not at all. I don't use it anymore, I use Epiphone Les Pauls. I'm playing for a few years now. I would never buy it again if it was stolen. There is nothing I love about it but actually I really like the feel of the neck, it's comfortable. I'm just missing a humbucker pickup. // 4

DGT-1 Reviewed by: carla.frederick, on july 24, 2013

Purchased from: Guitar Liquidators

Features: Eleca Left Handed Sunburst "S Type" Model, Made in China 2006, Maple neck with Rosewood fret board and 22 thin frets, standard "Strat" scale - SSS no name pickup configuration, 3 piece solid Alder body - not ply, Nitro finish, standard fulcrum tremolo bridge with 6 adjustable saddles, adjustable truss rod, 5 way switch, volume, tone, tone knobs, non locking no name enclosed tuners. Chrome hardware. Accessories - 1 pick, 1 cable, 2 Allen wrenches. One for bridge saddle adjustment and the other for truss rod neck adjustment. // 7

Sound: Suites rock n roll, definitely punk. Played through Fender and Crate Twin 2x12" 120 watt amps. It has great variety w/3 p'ups and 5 way switch. The guitar sounded just like a real Strat for 5 mins. UNTIL... I turned it up to a volume adequate for drums. (And it wasn't even that loud.) Boom. Uncontrollable feedback from Hell. Yes it was VERY bad and I could not stop it. I kinda expected this. Guts - the guitar had pots the size of Chap Stick caps and the wiring was as thin as fishing line. The body was a Swimming Pool route. The cable hummed and cracked and was thin as well. Switch popped and cracked when moved. I switched out all the electronics and pups with an old Kramer Focus loaded pickguard that I bought for 5 bucks and now she sounds and plays and looks killer. I LOVE this guitar! Total price $116.00 (That includes shipping and the Kramer Focus loaded pickguard). // 2

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was pretty low with no buzz right out of the box. 3 hrs. To set up. (Action, intonation, etc.) I think action can go even lower. The neck is perfect and the head stock is the more rounded style. (some have a pointed curve, mine's rounded.)I LOVE it! Very happy with the neck, head stock, & tuners. The nut was trash. Almost like rubber. Very soft and the grooves looked like they were gnawed into it by a rat. The sunburst is beautiful. Very, very, Nice. Tremolo route was nice. Tuners had to be tightened down just a smidge. The bridge itself is great but the whammy itself bar is very, very skinny. The pickups were smaller and skinnier than normal, but the screw settings are standard spaced and sized. No flaws other than the chewed up looking nut. Besides the cheap electronics, this guitar came out of the box very sweet. It is widely known that companies put there best workers on the lefty models because they make so few, also the specs are different, and they need them to come out right so extra efforts are made in their production/ initial setup as well as making triple and even quadruple checks on everything - string setup, saddles, action, neck etc. So, I think I lucked out on mine being a little "tighter" out of the box, it being a lefty model and all. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very durable. My opinion is that the stock pickups could not hang with any kind of a mic'd drumset and the feedback would get crazy around a bunch of pa's and mics (it did for me at practice with no mic'd drums.) I also believe that not even a good shielding job would solve the problem. Bottom line, pickups and nut are crap. I don't know about the pots, but I have a friend that builds guitars ninja style and he said those little pots in the guitar work just fine. He actually wanted to buy them off me. Built to last-depends. Sunburst finish is tough and looks sweet. Strap buttons are solid. Bolt on neck tight. I would not use this guitar without a back up in it's stock state. Upgraded yes. // 8

Overall Impression: I have been playing for 1 year, but I know a lot about guitars as I love to tinker and mod from day 1. I also play and mod other instruments, so I am familiar with electronics, finishes, etc. I play punk and metal. I asked if the sunburst finished continued under the pickguard as some don't and it did, so I was happy but I did not ask what kind of pickup routing it had and was bummed with the pool. I love to mod and Frankenstein the crap out of guitars and a cool lefty is rare. I can't think of a lefty that's better and cooler looking for the price, so I just might buy another in the future for that reason. I really love the small frets and low action. Fav feature is the sunburst and the original shape of the headstock. Looks very '60s-'70s surfish in a way. I have an old Kramer Focus that I payed 5 bucks for at a yard sale. I hated it, but the pickups did sound good. I chose the Eleca over the Kramer to play for many reasons, but I did switch the electronics out of the Kramer and used them for the Eleca. I wish it had a thicker (standard sized) whammy bar. With that, I love everything about the guitar except the pool. (I am going to add wood to it for a SSH route look.)I have a Fender Squire Standard Telecaster, and a fully upgraded Epiphone Les Paul Special II. I love the Eleca equally. // 7

More Eleca reviews rating category latest review
+ Texas Telecaster 4.7 Electric Guitars 11/10/2011