Texas Telecaster Review

manufacturer: Eleca date: 11/10/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Eleca: Texas Telecaster
The overall "look" of this guitar is perfect for playing Country Music. So if you're in the market for an inexpensive, semi-good quality axe, give the Eleca Texas Telecaster a serious audition.
 4.9
 7.2
 2.6
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Texas Telecaster Reviewed by: Kurt1964, on november 10, 2011

Purchased from: ebay

Features: The Eleca Brand Texas Telecaster that I own was made in China in the year 2011. Starting at the top, this Tele features six Chrome plated non-locking sealed diecast machine heads residing on a simulated Fender headstock with a white nylon nut. The 22 fret, 25 1/2" scale bolt-on adjustable neck is made of Maple. The fingerboard, which is also made of Maple, is sporting Nickle/Silver fret bars. The solid Adler body is of a traditional Telecaster styling, and boasts the Texas State Flag as it's theme. This axe comes complete with one single coil Lipstick pickup, one single coil bridge pickup, one three way selector switch, a three barrel saddle bridge, one volume and one tone control, and a white plastic pickguard. The extras that came with this guitar were one 10' cable and two allen wrenches. // 9

Sound: The style of music I play with this guitar is primarily Country and Blues. The pickups are wonderful, little to no buzz at all, which is quite surprising as far as single coils go. Playing over the Lipstick pickup, gives the strings a very crisp sharpness to it's tone and the bridge pickup is quite basic. The selector switch is average though, the treble is a little on the "tinny" side, but the rhythm setting gives the tone a unique "smokey" flavor which is great if you want to play anything by the Gun Club. My amp of choice to accompany this Eleca is my Fender Super Champ XD, "clean" is the way to go! // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: With the exception of the neck, the factory setup was nil. Everything had to be done from scratch. The barrel saddles needed full adjustment, including the middle barrel's screw 30* bend. The inotation was easy to find with plenty of thread to spare (up, down, forward and back). The chrome hardware was solid all over, no worries there. The bridge pickup was way off, but easily remedied. As far as flaws go, the graphics of the Texas State Flag is horrible. The lines of the of the graphics were, in a word, "butchered". In fact, the red of the color scheme rounding the horns was so bad that I purchased a sheet of vinyl "diamond plate" to cover the blemishes. Also, the cut of the upper horn is somewhat "blunt"... Very disappointing. The actual polyurethane finish is quite nice though, no air bubbles. // 5

Reliability & Durability: Will this Texas Tele put up with some live playing? Probably, but I definitely take a backup with me. "Why" you ask? Because with any low-end guitar, just about anything on it can fail. Even though the hardware seems solid, the machines on this guitar tend to loosen after a short while. To date, this Eleca is for the most part dependable. It's coming up on a year since I've owned this, and it seems to be putting up with all my abuse quite well. The chrome is still shiney with no rust, and the finish still has a good amount of life left in it. With proper maintenance, I can see this guitar lasting for a long time to come. // 7

Overall Impression: The overall "look" of this guitar is perfect for playing Country Music. It seems to be a hit with country folk. I've been playing for quite a few years now and have owned many guitars in my day. But this cheap low-end Tele is one of my favorites. I really can't explain it, it's just fun to play. The pickups are very good, but I'm thinking about upgrading to some Wilkinson Voiced. If I could have changed something, it would be the quality of the graphics. Lost or stolen? I would definitely get another one! I did compare this Eleca to other low-ends, but the Texas theme did me in. lol. All in all, it's a nice sounding, playing and cool looking guitar to own. So if you're in the market for an inexpensive, semi-good quality axe, give the Eleca Texas Telecaster a serious audition. And as alway's, ROCK ON! // 7

More Eleca reviews rating category latest review
+ DGT-1 6.1 Electric Guitars 07/24/2013