X175JB Review

manufacturer: Electra date: 10/04/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Electra: X175JB
The guitar was Introduced in 1983 and discontinued in 1984. This is a dark axe its heavy and can scream through and amp if you need it to.
 4.4
 8.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
X175JB Reviewed by: naulty350, on october 04, 2010

Features: The guitar was Introduced in 1983 and discontinued in 1984. It has 22 XJ frets with a Bolt neck double cutaway with maple body, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, black hardware with graphite nut and tekglide (vintage style) bridge, three single-coil pickups with three knobs (Volume-Tone-Tone) with a dual push/pull pot for 2 of the 3 pickups. And a 5-way selector Strat style switch. The tuners are non locking pheonix brand. For the condition of my guitar I'll give it an 8. // 8

Sound: I mostly play Metal, rock, Jazz, and somewhat Acoustic stuff, through my line6 GX1 with POD farm and the guitar sounds fairly nice with cheap cables. If I'm using live sound I hook the guitar up through my Crate GT1200H and Crate cab with Boss NS-2, and MT-2 the guitar has lots of crunch for my metal taste, but it can also have the nice clean sound to it if you have it set to the middle and bride pickup. I'll give it a 9 because it sound meets my needs. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Well since the guitar was handed down to me through the years I had to go through and redo most of the action and setup the guitar to my personal playing style. It wasn't really a tough job just time consuming considering I'm very picky on my action and pickup placement. Also since the guitar is so old it was a little beat up and I had to replace the input jack. Other than that the ation is great I'll give it an 8 for how outdated the hardware is. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Since this guitar was produced in either 1983-84, it has obviously lasted through the years and since it was made in japan this guitar has lasted its while. I still use it as a gig back up and only in an emergency because of the input jack is not always worthy. I still plan on playing this guitar for many years and its a solid guitar beat up but solid. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a dark axe its heavy and can scream through and amp if you need it to. Its held up great for me after my minor repairs. If you can get your hands on one of these guitars for a good price, I would recommend this guitar for either a starter or a custom build starting point this is a great guitar for how old it is. // 9

More Electra reviews rating category latest review
+ MPC X330 Early 70's Model 9.7 Electric Guitars 03/18/2009