EC Review

manufacturer: Emperador date: 04/08/2005 category: Electric Guitars
It came with single coil type pickups that were garbage but swaped out with a set of EMG's they sound as good as a Les Paul. It came with a faded sunbust woodgrain type finish that stands up to the test of time.
 7.4
 8.8
review (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
EC Reviewed by: Skywalker_90, on april 08, 2005

Purchased from: Private

Features: Well here we have probably the most hard-to-find guitar around, the "Les Paul" style guitar from Emperador. I figured I would post this info up here as there is none on the internet. These guitars were made in the late '70s and were made in Japan by somekind of secret company. They have 22 frets and rosewood neck. Most of all the hardware on and in this guitar would now by over 30 years old but if your lucky they still work. // 4

Sound: They came with single coil type pickups that were garbage but swaped out with a set of EMG's they sound as good as a Les Paul. Yes I did say as good! This guitar rips now I can't say that all Emperadors play nice since I've only ever seen just the one. But with the right custom set up for under 500 bucks and the price of the guitar 100 bucks you have an instrument that can go toe to toe with anything out there new or old. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: For a guitar that is over 30 years old it stays in tune better than my friends Ibanez, which is only a year old. They came with a faded sunbust woodgrain type finish that stands up to the test of time. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar was made for live playing, people always stop when they see it and ask "what the hell is that, is that a Les Paul?" The question of reliability and durablility are not relevent seeing how I've had it customized and the pickups were dead before hand but this thing is 30 years old. // 10

Overall Impression: If this guitar was ever stolen I would be screwed because there might be like 30 others in the whole world. And I hope I have shed some light into this mystery guitar for the 5 people on this site that might play one. The guitar is a cheapo but with a little money and some new parts you could be playing a guitar nobody else plays thats sounds better then everybody else. // 10

Comments