G-1275 Review

8.9
review (1) pictures (1) 11 comments vote for this gear:
G-1275 Reviewed by: Delboyuk_01, on march 22, 2011

Purchased from: E-Bay

Features: Obviously I bought this used but the person I bought this from bought it from new and hardly played it, so it's mint. Both set necks have 20 frets each. The body is mohogany and the necks are maple with rosewood finger boards, chrome hardware with 4 Alnico Classic Humbucking Pickups. It has two volume controls and 2 tone controls 1 for each neck. You also have 3 way selector switches for each neck and for each pickup on each neck also. I didn't get a case with it. // 10

Sound: I play classic rock and mainly bought this for a couple of songs I play in my band although it's nice to mess around on at home. I play this through my Marshall JCM800 in the studio and at gigs but also use it through my BR600 studio at home. For Epiphone pickups they sound really good, although a little muddy through my BR600 but nothing too bad, I may swap the pickups out at a later date, if I can be bothered lol. Obviously with the 12 and 6 string option there are plenty of variations of sounds available. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I'm assuming the guitar was still set up from the factory as the guy I bought it from didn't have a clue. The setup for me was spot on and I've not had to make any changes to it at all, apart from change the strings. All the hardware and fittings all seem to be really solid. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'm using this guitar for gigs and have already taken it to rehearsals, strap buttons are solid. I don't know about not having a backup, I use 3 guitars live so I've always got a backup lol. The finish looks pretty good and looks like it'll last fine to me. // 10

Overall Impression: As mentioned before I play classic rock and this guitar suits it really well. I've been playing for 27 years and own a couple of Gibson SG's and a MIM Strat, plus a couple of acoustics plus quite a few peddles through a Marshall JCM800. I've always wanted a Gibson EDS1275 but unfortunately I can't afford one of those at the moment but this is a good substitute. If it were stolen I'd certainly replace it. Don't think there's anything I'd change about it, I was quite supprised how confortable it was to play sitting down and standing up, although it's probably easier sitting than standing. // 10

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ Worn Dot Studio 8.2 Electric Guitars 08/08/2014