Les Paul 100 Review

7.9
reviews (45) pictures (4) 155 comments vote for this gear:
Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 02, 2005

Purchased from: Mountain Music

Features: Mine is a July 2004 made in China. It has 22 frets. Not quite sure if their jumbo or med/jumbo, but I'm leaning to jumbo. Most of my friends say their guitars have smaller frets. Mahogany bolt on neck, with alder/mahogany body in cherryburst finish. Smaller version of the Les Paul style body. Tune-O-Matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece. Independant volume and tone controls with 3 way Switch in normal Les Paul position. Open coil humbuckers in bridge and neck. I did have to buy everything else with this guitar, however I was expecting to anyway. // 8

Sound: This guitar appears to fit my style (though I am just starting out, and haven't developped too much of a style). I do listen to a lot of rock music, and I'm trying to learn it. It works great for the songs I have learned (mostly simplistic versions of Rage Against The Machine). I'm using some <$100 amp ('cause I'm cheap), but it sounds great through it! Nice full sound (since I never change it from 10 tone) It can be al little noisy when put right up to my computer (as I picks up the computer signals) but that's my own fault. Usually play clean, but will use amps overdrive distortion. I do plan on buying more distortions when I get a little better. Can make some wild sounds (I have figured out how to play a few Rage solos on it) toggle Switch allows for simple transfer from neck to bridge pickups. This guitar appears to have a large variety of sounds it is capable of playing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar's action was a little low. This really wasn't a problem till I started tuning it to drop B, which created a litlle bit of fret buzz. This was easily fixed however. The pickups on this guitar were set just fine, I have never run into a problem with them. The guitar appears to be manufactured with great care, as all the electronics work perfectly. There were no visible flaws on this guitar at the time of purchase, and are still no flaws on this guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar should withstand live performance. I had a friend play the hell out of it, and it still looked like new and sounded like new. The hardware should easily last as long as I own this guitar. The only complaint I really have with it is that one of the strap buttons is a little loose, however, the strap stays on it very easily. The finish is amazing, it will easily last as long as I own this guitar, and further. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is great! I've personally used this for some very metal sounding songs, while friends of mine have fooled around with everything from pop to metal. This is one of the most versitile guitars I've seen. It is far more versitile then 99% of my friends guitars (the only one that may be more versitile is my friends Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul). I really wish I had asked when this guitar was made before I bought it, as it was 13 months old when I bought it, however, this has nothing to do with the guitar itself, just the discount I could have gotten lol. I protect this thing with my life, if it were stolen I would deffinatly buy it again (unless I could afford one of Epiphone's top models, but that's if I were really good). I compared this to a ton of other guitars, Godin Destroyers, Fender Stratocaters, Fender Telecaters, Squier Strats and Telecaster, and this was by far the best one I played. It was also the second least expencive (next to the Squire Telecaster Special II, Which was $10 bucks less). With this guitar, I do wish it were set neck, so I don't have to worry about it comming loose after years of playing. I also wish It had the cool Mother of Pearl Trapazoids instead of the dot inlays. I also wish it came in a starter pack, so I could have saved money. However, the lower costing Special II comes in a starter pack, so I couldn't expect this, and the added features are on another guitar in Epiphones lineup, I just can't afford it lol. The cosmetic features are not major wants, just nice to haves, so this guitar is deffinatly worth the money it cost me. I love this guitar, and will love it for years to come. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 15, 2005

Purchased from: Island Music

Features: Has everything I need! 22 frets, great ebony finish with the black hardware (the only hardware worth having), neck also black; all very black but its nicely set off by the cream scratch board. Has the standard Gibson 3-way tone selector and four extra sound knobs. I've always loved this shape and it looked more gorgeous than ever when I got it home. All in all looks great and isn't lacking in anything. // 10

Sound: On my Peavey Bandit (also new) it sounds spectacular. I can get any sound from hard rock (Led Zep's Heartbreaker solo) or more sustained, Pink Floyd-ish tones. It suits my playing style perfectly (always trying to add solo breaks) and never sounds bad. It can be as noisy or emotional as I want it just by flicking the tone nob and slight adjustments on the amp. Only complaint is that on the heavy distortion, the 'rhythm' effect sounds pretty muddy but I never do that anyway so who cares? // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was nice and low - not too low though. It allows easy tapping and hammers/pulls but still has a good sound. Pickups were fine by me but then this is only my second guitar so I'm not too much of an expert. There were no flaws with it so I'm very happy. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think the guitar would be awesome live 'cause it looks and feels great. The hardware looks sturdy enough, but the strap buttons are a bit dodgy. Sometimes while I play standing up the strap falls off- maybe its the strap's fault but we'll see. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, thisa guitar is perfect for me. I've been playing for about 1 and a half years and am very impressed with this compared to my old Ibanez which had the irritating whammy bar feature that I never used. If it was stolen, I wouldn't just hunt down and kill the man who took it but also all his friends, family and entire race. With my bare hands. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: XxGhostshipxX, on october 13, 2008

Features: This guitar comes with 22 Jumbo frets, mine was ade in China in 2006 I beleive. Tune-O-Matic bridge, comes with the Standard les paul tone knobs (2 volume knobs, 2 tone knobs) Pickups aren't very good at all in my opinion, but hell, it's a $300 dollar guitar so what do you expect? // 8

Sound: I Play a lot of progressive rock, some grundge, and alternative rock sometimes as well. I play through a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amp, and on the louder settings this thing has feedback like crazy. I'm not sure if it was the pickups or the Amp but it wasn't very smooth. Also on a clean channel, it's nearly impossible to gain beautiful vibrant tones, I've spent countless hours dialing in the Amp and guitar and no good results. With SD's or EMG's this thing might be able to get good tones, but overall I wasn't very satisfied with the tone variety in this guitar. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Overall I was very pleased with the action. This guitar doesn't come in really cool finishes, but the one I got was good enough for me. Girls complement the guitar and say it looks pretty so that's alright with me lol. Electronics were set-up fine, and the toggle Switch never became loose or anything like that. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is where my Epiphone Les Paul 100 failed me the most. It's a beginner level guitar, and you can tell it. I have had this guitar for 6 months, and have taken immaculate care of it. But recently the tone knobs have began to fall off, and the input jack completely broke, leaving me with a good for nothing electric guitar. I was terribly disappointed by quality in which this guitar was made. It just feels like it was rushed together. I must admit I put tons of milelage on this guitar (probably over 150 hours in 6 months) but I expect it to maintain through playing, because that's what the damn thing was made for. Overall this Guitar was totally unreliable to me. // 4

Overall Impression: Overall, This guitar is perfect for the entry level player, Who's not ready to drop $700 on a good guitar, but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the Gibson Les paul's, definitely pass on this one. It looks nice, plays okay, but the quality is lacking, and you can tell you're playing an entry level guitar instead of an intermediate level guitar. If you're a beginner, get this guitar, but for more experienced players, definitely pass. // 6

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 09, 2012

Purchased from: Individual

Features: My LP100 was made in China, in 2003. I bought it used and have loved it ever since I opened the case and laid eyes on it. The pick-up selector knob was missing, I don't know what happened to it but that's not a big deal, I just got another on and put on it. // 10

Sound: The sound is awesome, I have 5 Fender guitars from a 1961 Strat to $1, 700 custom Strat and this LP100 sounds better than any of them. I play Lead Rock and Blues and the occasional chording melody and the LP100 comes through every time. The range from clean to distortion is great. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I had to set the LP100 up to suite me but once I did, the ease of playing it was remarkable; much easier to play then my expensive Fender Stratocasters. I'm still experimenting with the pickup adjustments, which I think is an individual preference. This guitar is well constructed, everything matches perfectly. // 10

Reliability & Durability: If there is any negative feelings about the LP100 it would be that I have to tune it often. I haven't looked at the tuners yet to see if they're slipping, might just need tightened. I play a lot of Blues and I've used a different set of strings on this guitar too, so it could just be the strings. // 9

Overall Impression: I love this guitar, from the feel of the neck, how well the strings are centered on the neck, the action is smooth, the sound in both clean and distortion is amazing, the weight is perfect, the finish and hardware is beautiful and flawless. I've been playing guitar for 45 years, and have owned many guitars, most very expensive, and the LP100 is my favorite guitar. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: Reck, on february 16, 2006

Features: 22 Frets, jumbo frets, rosewood fingerbord. Standard treble, rhythm, both Switch. Has a very nice Vintage sunburst finish with a slightly slimmer Les Paul style body and a Tune-O-Matic bridge. Passive standard Epiphone pickups with 2 volume controls and 2 tone controls. Non-locking tuners. I only wish it had a trem system but I don't need it that much. I got it for a complete bargin at $375 AU when it's retail was $480 AU. // 9

Sound: This guitar has a nice sound for its price. It tends to be slightly warmer than the Gibson Les Pauls which I like. Right now I play all kinds of rock, punk, metal and ocassionally some alternative styles. Right now I do not have an amp but I'm playing it through my computer which has an amp modelling program on it. It suits my style, it can go from soft rock to metal and doesnt make much feedback. The two tone knobs give a lot of control on what tone you want but I mostly rely on the EQ on the amp modeller. The only thing that is a must for me is to turn down the bass for the rhythm pickup, that's about it. I mostly play through the bridge pickup and sounds great. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was a bit low when I first purchased it but I am going to change it when I change my strings. I adjusted my pickups a bit closer the the strings to get a hotter tone. There was a minor little dent on the fretboard but that's okay. // 9

Reliability & Durability: First day, banged headstock on the door, nothing happened so it's holding up well. The hardware seems very solid and the strap buttons were tight and strong although I changed them to strap locks just as a precaution. I would use it in a gig without a backup definetely. The finish seems like it will last a long time. // 9

Overall Impression: I love this guitar, I've had it for a month now and no problems. I am planning to get a Vox 30VT to go with it since I played that in the music shop and loved it. If it were stolen or lost I think I would buy another one (if I can get it that cheap again). There's nothing I hate on this guitar, I just love its fat sound it can create with the two humbuckers. Good guitar! // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: granturismoking, on january 22, 2009

Features: This guitar is an awesome guitar. I am a beginner guitarist, but I know my way around a guitar, as well as my uncle, who has over 30 years of guitar experience. He said it was the best left-handed guitar he had ever seen for the price. It might have been made in China, but it doesn't show it. It has 22 frets, like most Les Pauls. Also, it has a maple top, mahogany back, and a rosewood fretboard. It has a Standard Tune-o-matic bridge. The 2 open-coil humbuckers are alright, but could do with some upgrading, depending on your personal preference. It also has 2 tone and 2 volume knobs, and a 3-way switch, which expands your possibilities. Sadly, when I bought it, the people at Guitar Center gave me nothing with it, no case, not a gigbag, no audio cable, or even a pick. // 9

Sound: The sound on this guitar is pretty good. It will play just about all styles stock, and possibly with a pickup upgrade will play everything. I personally like the sound because I play mostly rock, with some metal, and some softer stuff, but again that is a matter of personal preference, so some might want to upgrade. I play on a twice borrowed Peavey Audition Chorus, as well as a soon-to-be replaced Zoom G1X. This thing is warm sounding on the neck pick-up, brighter (but not the brightest)on the bridge pick-up, and just really gives a full sound, without a lot of guitar-caused background noise (the amp has some ate up speakers, and some bad connections, but I hooked it to a 200W Marshall head and a 4X12 Marshall cabinet and it sounded just fine). It's very versatile and usable for just about anything. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: when I bought it, the action was just about as far down as possible, without fret-buzz, and it is pretty good. Unfortunately, you have to raise it a little if you put on thicker guage wire (it came with some .009 guage, and my friend gave me a low "E" from a .010 set, and I got some open string buzz). The nut was pretty good, and the bridge was pretty nice, except for the high "E" saddle, which got a burr in it and kept breaking strings, but was easily fixed by lightly scraping it out with a knife, then keeping it lubricated with a little graphite. Other than that, no flaws that I can tell of currently. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar is very durable. Before I borrowed a case (a right-handed case that it barely fits in) I had to lug it around with a blanket wrapped around it (I have mice and I needed protection) and it has it's fair share of scrapes and dings and nothing has really failed on it. Everything seems sturdy and withstanding. The tuners are nice and sturdy, and the controls aren't loose, except the pick-up Switch, which became loose after a while, but I tightened it with some pliers and it hasn't spun much since. The finish seems like it can last, doesn't seem like it's thin or wearing off. The strap buttons are sturdy as well. I would definitely use it at a gig without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this guitar has made a great impression on me, as well as my people. It has an awesome feel and it's not to heavy (although I have nothing to compare it to). I personally like it very much and wouldn't sell it, but that's the way I am. I would definitely buy it back if it were lost or stolen, unless I got an offer to buy a Gibson Custom Left-Handed for the same price (highly unlikely). Being pretty low income and left-handed, I searched everywhere, the local pawn shops, yard sales, auctions, newspapers, just about everywhere a guy could look, and finally when I saw this I had to have it. My people tried to get me a Squier, but I hate the Strat body-style. So they finally got me a hundred extra cash and got me this, and I'm glad for it. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: Jack_Elviri, on february 24, 2012

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: My Epiphone Les Paul 100 was made in March 2011 in China. It has 22 frets with a typical Les Paul 24.75" neck. The body is mahogany, as is the neck. It has a bolt-on neck, but contrary to the complaints of Gibson fanboys, this guitar has very long-lasting sustain. And the neck is much thinner than higher-end Epiphones and Gibsons, so it is more playable. It has a Tune-o-matic bridge, a 3-way pickup selector, and 4 gold-colored controls for volume and tone. The guitar has Alnico Classic pickups which are a little on the muddy side, but it still sounds great, especially through lots of distortion. The Grover tuners are exceptional, and they reliably hold tune for up to a week. The guitar shipped with a 10 foot cable, but I had to buy the case separately. // 9

Sound: The sound of this guitar is very big and practically begs for distortion. While it can play clean, it is obviously at its best distorted. I have a very eclectic music style, and I'll play anything from classical to Rage Against the Machine. This guitar is definitely made for the Rage-type tones. I'll keep my Alvarez acoustic for the classical. I use the Epiphone with a great modeling amp, the Fender Mustang I. The amp is very versatile, so I could try out a large number of styles straight-away on the guitar. Because of this, the guitar can make a variety of sounds from distorted wah to clean blues. But the guitar sounds downright violent with distortion, and it fits the hard rock style very well. The pickups are surprisingly quiet for a guitar in this price range. Not much static is audible. Very nice, heavy sound overall. But it is probably not for players who prefer clean tones. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is a little high compared to some of the higher-end Epiphones, but it is low enough for my needs (After all, most shred-heads probably already know to go for a Jackson or Dean). Everything was adjusted perfectly, except for a very small chip in the finish on the back of the guitar which probably resulted from shipping. I don't mind it, though, as I rarely view the back of the guitar closely enough to see it anyway. All fits well. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar would definitely withstand live playing. It is a very solid instrument, well-built and infinitely better than a similarly priced Squier that I tried as well. I replaced the strap buttons with a DiMarzio locking strap, so I do not know how good the strap buttons were. The input jack is a little loose, but thus far I have not encountered any problems with it (I have had the guitar for almost four months). This guitar is dependable, but my own paranoia would prevent me from ever using a guitar at a gig without a backup. The poly finish is spectacular! I bought the ebony model, and upon removing the cream pick guard everything is perfectly black! The neck is so dark that I thought it was ebony at first before I checked to be sure it was rosewood. I think the finish will last quite some time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly rock, especially hard rock on this guitar. It fits perfectly. If this guitar was stolen I would probably save money and buy a more expensive Epiphone for a more versatile, clearer sound, but if I could only buy guitars under $400 this would be my top pick, easily. I compared this guitar to a Squier and this one won hands down. I love its hard, heavy sound, its thin neck and lighter body weight, its beautiful finish, and its definitive classic Les Paul appearance. I do wish it had a ROBOT self-tuning system, but then I would be spending several thousand dollars on a Gibson, so I'm fine that it doesn't. Overall, I am very pleased with this guitar. It could be priced for many hundreds more, as it is quite high quality. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: dantheman733, on march 15, 2004

Features: This guitar has some sweet features! I believe my guitar is a '99 and it was hand made in Korea! It has 2 tone knobs so you can get it perfect and 2 volume to you can adjust your guitar soung just the way you want it! It also has the 3-way treble/rythm selctor. It has the 2 humbucking Epiphone pickups, however they are not the chrome ones (I am probably just going to buy the Gibson chrome or gold humbuckers and throw them on). The body is the standard les paul shape with a BEAUTIFUL transparent Vintage sunburst finish. It has chrome hardware. I am absolutely in love with the neck on this thing! It is SUPER comfortable! // 10

Sound: This guitar definitly sounds GREAT! I use it with my distortion pedal and it's awesome! It makes no hum at all! The epi lp-100 has a real full sound form the 2 humbuckers. With all the tone knowbs and selectors you can use this guitar to play ANY kind of music. Great all areound guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up with pretty high action but I loved it and haven't changed it yet! The pickups were also sweet. No flaws, nothing. Came to me perfect! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is really durable and reliable. The hardware seems like it'll last forever! The finish hasn't worn at all for 4 years so thats pretty good! My strap hold really good on this axe too. I would definitly not bring a backup if I were giging cause I know this beauty will not fail me! // 10

Overall Impression: I've had 2 other guitars (Fender Strat and Ibanez RX40) and this is the best of em all! The only thing better is a real les paul but I don't have that kind of money. This is DEFINITELY THE BEST VALUE GUITAR! I really like the full sound and all the adjuster knobs because i can get whatever sound I want. I wish it came with chrome pickups but thats no big deal case you can just pick them up separate. If you want les paul looks and close to the real sound for a couple thousand bucks less, thsi is the guitar for you! // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: Weybl Himself, on january 21, 2006

Purchased from: Allens Music

Features: Made in China in 2004, 22 frets with a mahogany/alder body. Come with all the basics you'd expect from a Les Paul, bolt-on Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard. 2 tone and 2 volume controls with 3-way toggle for pickup selection to Switch between the 2 open coil humbuckers. Non-locking tuners with a tune-o-matic beidge with a stop-bar. Personally I'm not a fan of not having a trem, so that's why this one misses out on full marks for features. // 7

Sound: Suits what I do pretty well. I play mainly melodic hard rock and it does almost all of my bands songs pretty well. It has all of the bottom end you'd expect from a Mahogany body but the Alder helps it out a little in the high-end to create an alright balance. But as you'd expect from a Les Paul it's all about a big, warm, fat low end and that's where this thing delivers. Distorted power chords sound nice and huge with a nice bit of bite from the bridge pickup and for cleans it delivers well, nice and warm on the neck pickup and the middle setting but becomes a bit harsh on the bridge. Using this through my Behringer V-tone half stack it'll make almost any sound unless you want bright and twangy. It plays and sounds like a Les Paul, nothing else. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was too high when I got it, but that was easily fixed, neck pickup was a tad high, bridge pickup not high enough but again, easily fixed. Had a problem with the pickup selector not selecting the neck pickup properly so I had to get it rewired. Also the strap buttons were a tad loose and one even pulled right out of the body whilst I was practicing once. But once all these little glitches were fixed, it played excellently. // 5

Reliability & Durability: This thing stands up to live playing excellently. Once the strap-buttons were re-set it was ready to go and has never given me another problem. It's not as heavy as it's bigger Les Paul brothers but still delivers a nice whack of Mahogany tone. Hardware is extremely well secured, except for the aforementioned strap buttons, and doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. Finish is there to stay which is nice too. Despite being built in China this axe seems to be very solidly put together, although I would never gig without a backup, I haven't needed one yet. // 9

Overall Impression: For most of my bands stuff the LP 100 does the job. Sometimes I need a bit more bite and crunch so I need to Switch to a guitar with a hotter pickup and different body material, but you don't buy a les paul for bright and punchy. It does the Les Paul thing just as well as you'd expect, big, fat and warm, which is what I use it for. Been playing for 7 years and this is one of the most comfortable guitars I've played and sounds good through almost everything, even my practice amp (a Fender FM65R) which was definately not built for a Les Paul. As far as the thicker, heavier Les Pauls go, this one is slightly brighter, which is the main reason I chose it, I couldn't afford a guitar that ran the risk of sounding muddy. It has everything a Les Pul player would want but personally I think a tremelo system would make this guitar almost a perfect fit. // 8

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: Tackleberry, on december 11, 2007

Purchased from: musicians friend

Features: I bought it new from musicians friend, it was made in indonesia so don't know how old it is. It has the Standard 24 3/4 scale length. It has a mahogany body with a carved alder top, it's much thinner and lighter than a Standard model. It has a mahogany bolt on neck with a rosewood fret board. As it is a lefty it only came in one color of Heritage cherry sunburst. It has the Standard stop piece/Tune-O-Matic bridge but has small spring clips so the stop piece doesnt't fall off when changing strings an improvement over my more expensive LP Standard. Comes with 2 volume 2 tone controls, but are backwards as it's a lefty. Which seems to be a solution to a problem nobody had. The tuners did not have a name and were non locking. It didn't come with any accessories. // 7

Sound: I do like the way it sounds, brighter than my set neck LP Standard. And much lighter. The bolt on neck makes access to to the upper frets easier as the neck joint isnt so thick. The pickups seem to be a bit hot for my tastes. I measured the ohms of each as 13neck/16bridge. But I'm going to change em anyways. I play mostly sabbath, AC/DC, and zeppelin and does a good job of those styles. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: As for how it was set up by the factory it wasn't. The action was really high and the intonation was way out. The bridge pickup didn't work when I first got it out of the box. And although it had left hand pots in it they put right hand knobs on it. So 1 was all the way up 10 was all the way down. The body and neck were well made and didn't find any problems with the paint. // 3

Reliability & Durability: As it came from the box you couldnt use it for any sort of Live playing it wouldn't stay in tune for any length of time. And the bridge pickup not working wouldn't have been to impressive. Getting used to the backwards knobs would have been a pain. And they use small screws to hold the strap buttons on so would not depend on them. // 4

Overall Impression: But as I didn't buy this guitar as a out of the box player the problems aren't much of an issue. I tuned it and played it for 5 minutes as a comparison and pulled it apart. I pulled all the fret wires and sanded the fret board level, replaced them with stainless frets. Sanded all the paint off and repainted it with a nice dark blue. Sprayed it with metal flake then clear coat. I got rid of the neck plate and drilled the holes for neck ferrules. Rewired it with CTS audio and linear taper pots, and fortunatly they had put right hand knobs so didn't need to buy any. Put the volume pot capacitor bypass in with switches to turn it off. Made a nice black pickguard and black covers for the control compartments. Had a set of black pickup rings so it looks much better now. Only money I had to spend outside of buying the guitar was a set of grover tuners to replace the cheap ones that came with the guitar. And had several sets of pickups to chose from to put in it. Settled on a p90 phat cat for the neck and a bridge humbucker I had taken out of my other LP. Sounds and plays really good now. I wanted another LP but found the wood to build one was 2 times much as buying this guitar. // 9

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: perkristian876, on march 14, 2008

Features: Made in China, mahogany body and neck. Finish is vintage sunburst which looks great. Four basic Les Paul knobs (2 volume, 2 tone) passive Epiphone custom H/H pickups. Tuners are basic non-named tuners. No included accessories in my guitar. Just a basic cheap Les Paul. // 10

Sound: I play thrash metal from clean to leads with a tint of rock. This guitar is very raw. It gives you loads of low end and doesn't fail you in the hights either. But the pickups are a tad bit dirty/muddy. My guitar came with a earth link fault which made a lot of noise. Now, it sounds so raw and sweet for bands like Metallica, that I can't resist using it on a daily basis. The sound is rich, but might lack some definiton in a few areas. The cleans are sweet and smooth, only expensive pickups will offer you the same sized cleans as theese will. I play it through a Marshall DSL100 amp with CV30 loaded cabs. I would not use this guitar live as it takes signals from anything. This basicly means that the feedback is a living hell. To sum it up: very raw and sweet pickups that sound great in any tuning, but feedback issue is a problem. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar has been a living hell for me. The g-string was not fully adjusted. The issue was the nut which needed to be filed down. The tuners are bad. They break and loose tuning very easily and needs replacements. The pickups came with a free earth link issue which made a lot of noise. This was fixed by re-soldering the cables in the guitar. The neck is weak, but this is common in cheap guitars. But I've noticed that this affects the tuning. This was my first guitar, so these things did not bother me. The tuner's and neck pickup broke after 1.5 year, so I do not consider this Epiphone's fault. But I blame the bad soldering work, bad adjustment and weak tuners on Epiphone. Shame on thee! // 6

Reliability & Durability: As said, I wouldn't use it live due to its feedback issues. But for clean songs I would use it. It has a very fat and smooth clean sound. The hardware will last if the soldering is good from scratch. I never gig without a backup, so I'm not afraid of that. // 9

Overall Impression: This was my first guitar. It has been through a lot of playing and I understand that something would break sooner or later. With new tuners and good adjustments (You could get any guitar-shop dude to adjust it for a few bucks) it's awesome! The problems I had might be exclusive, I'm not saying all LP100 are like this. So. Based on the GREAT raw sound for my metal playing combined with the Poor construction and "unlucky" choise of tuners by Epiphone. // 8

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: theburitomansam, on december 09, 2011

Purchased from: rockshop nz

Features: I bought this guitar in june 2010 because it was a cheap Les Paul that i was going to mod (upgrade hardware and pick ups) but decided not to because it truely sounds amazing with stock components. -it was made in indonesia -it has a 22 rosewood fretboard 12" radius - the body is mahogany with maple top and mahogany neck - the finish is a sweet Heritage Cherryburst that doesnt look cheap in real life but does on the internet -the pick ups are some cheap alincos but dont sound too bad but still arent the best. -it has a regular set tune o matic bridge with grover style tuners - it deosnt come with a case but i bought an Epiphone Les Paul hard case for about $90 // 8

Sound: I like to play: Metallica, slayer, guns n roses and AC DC stuff and this guitar is good for a beginning Slash fan. It has the versitile Les Paul sound. I play through a Blackstar ht 20 head with a through the cab it comes with (hoping to upgrade to Marshall jcm800) and it sounds pretty good but I think it should be played through a Marshall for best tone. The only thing i would change is the pick ups. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: the action on this guitar was amazing as soon as I pulled it off the wall, I can play malmsteen licks like butter on this fretboard it is really good and easy to play and hardly goes out of tune! the only flaw was the factory strings it came with. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I don't play many gigs but this but this Epiphone obeys like a dog! Its easy to play and very reliable and will stay intune for the whole gig 9 out of 10 times but the intonation should be adjusted often. The strap buttons are secure but I would get straplocks just to be safe. But playing live I would get some more higher output pick ups. Great guitar! // 7

Overall Impression: I own a Gibson Les Paul Custom and an ESP ex but I play this more than those other guitars combined because its more fun and why play guitar if it aint fun? It is very special to me even though it is one of the cheapest guitars Epiphone make. If it was stolen I wouldn't buy it again because it is too special and can't be replaced! It is also great for beginners and extremely good quality for its price. Somewhere along the line when a beginner gets better at guitar and wants better sound quality all he has to do is swap the pick ups for something thats good and that suits his or her's style. Best $400 spent ever. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 18, 2012

Price paid: A$ 330

Purchased from: Cash Converters

Features: This low end Epiphone guitar is really not as bad as the price tag would suggest. The body resembles a Les Paul, only a bit slimmer, and therefore significantly lighter. Specs are pretty run of the mill. Bolt-on neck, 22 frets, Rosewood Fretboard, Mahogany Body. Two open coil humbuckers, 3-way selector switch, 4 control knobs (a volume and tone for each pickup), Tune-O-Matic bridge. Mine has an ebony finish. Came with a generic leather strap, braided lead and Epiphone soft case. I bought mine second hand, and it has a loose knob and a few scratches, but the rest of it is in pretty good shape. // 8

Sound: This guitar is extremely versatile. I play a fair bit of different stuff, but I mainly hover around punk and a bit of metal. It does the job just fine. I was running it through a borrowed Peavey practice amp; I don't know what model it was, but it sucked. Same goes for a Fender Frontman 15G, it sounded like garbage. It was really noisy. I thought it was the guitar at first, but I ran it through a Johnson Blueline at a small gig and it sounded amazing. I was running it through a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal and it sounded really crunchy, great punkish tone. I'm confident that you could get all sorts of tones from this guitar, anything from blues to Deathcore... though if you play Deathcore you're probably "too metal" to play a Les Paul. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This is where my report is going to have to be taken with a pinch of salt. When I bought the guitar, it was second-hand, as I've already mentioned. There were a few problems. Nothing major, but still annoying; there's paint chipped off in a few spots, one of the tone knobs is loose, and I had to tighten one of the tuners. The action was also way too high, but I fixed that in about 5 minutes. Everything else was fine, the pickups are in a perfect position, the frets are fine, the neck is straight as an arrow. I don't know anyone else who's owned this particular model of guitar, so I don't really have any way of knowing how it would have been if I bought it brand new. Can't blame Cash Converters for stocking a slightly damaged guitar though. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a beast. It'd easily survive many gigs. The hardware is sound, and the strap buttons are solid as a healthy stool. My strap comes off a bit but I'm 90% sure that's just the strap. I have and will continue to use it without backup, it's a sturdy guitar and I doubt it's going to break on me any time soon. I play guitar and sing in a punk rock band with a few friends, so I'll probably be putting it to good use. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar surprised me in how good it was. It was a great match to my style and it fits me like a sock. I was tossing up between this and a Schecter Omen-6 for my first electric guitar, and I'm glad I chose the Epi. It's only a cheap guitar, so if you've got the extra cash to spend, you might as well spend it on something a bit higher tier like an LP Standard. However, if you're beginning like I was, I'd wholeheartedly recommend it. It's cheap, it's reliable, and I'll bet money that it sounds better than an Affinity Stratocaster. // 8

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 05, 2004

Features: This baby is a 2003 Korean made Les Paul 100. 22 Frets, dot inlays. Its a solid top black body, with two US made open coil humbukers, with a cream scratchplate and cream pickup housing. It has a three way selector to define the sound that you want, however the LP has a very flat clean sound and in comparison is no better than aa cheap Strat copy. However when played with bite and distortion the guitar can blow you away and has anything but a great amp working its socks off. It has a stop tailpiece bridge and plays like a dream! // 8

Sound: I play rock through to heavy metal playing my LP as mainly a Rythem player, but it is good at bith rythem and lead parts. It cuts into rock like butter and when you crank it up for the metal sound you will have a screaming axe like the best of them. Im using a 30 what amp which finds it hard to take through Digitech and Vox effects which gives it even more playabilty, range an the ability to develop and inprovise. It sounds perfect, even better than any Fender I have ever played, with a real rich rock attitude with loads of potential an variety! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I have had no problem with the action, it comes outta the box and ready to rock and thrash! The body was in perfect condition as were the headstock and fret-board, which was a nice treat to be able to play out of the factory! Everything was in full working order and the pickups were fine! The only thing i did was to remove the plate exposing tiny screw holes that are hardly visable! It was Perfect!!! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This Axe can take a beating and still purs softly in your arms, the pickups take EVERYTHING you send at them an just spit out a fat sound back at you. The finish is perfect except for the belt buckle sraches on the back but apart from that it lasts ages and plays amazingly...like a perfect housewife, shrink, mate and lover! // 8

Overall Impression: This axe suits the music I play better than any none Gibson/ESP guitar I have ever played, although sounds better live than recorded. I have been using it for live gigs for a few weeks and it's great, but use my Gibson Explorer for Studio work. I would buy again definatly, if even to put Gibson pickups in it, its great value and an awesome guitar. I really recommend it! // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 10, 2005

Purchased from: friend

Features: I think it was made in 2001 in korea! 22 frets with a really nice neck, it seems to be perfect for my hands and the same with most of my friends hands as well! It's got a painted neck, which I don't mind. It's got a nice body because it's not as thick as some of the newer Les Paul's so it sits and feels nice. It has 2 sets of Semour Duncans which sound really nice. // 10

Sound: This guitar will play anything, it will sound good playing Metallica, Creed, Rammstein, Bob Dylan, Scorpions and whatever else. It has some the nicest sounds I have ever heard. It sounds great with a decent distortion pedal but most of the time I like it just straight into the amp and sunds great even though my amp is a small Fender, but have played it on a Marshall and sounds awesome! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it had pretty high action and I like it alot but I think the next time I change strings I might try it a bit lower and see how it goes. Personally I like the high action so dont get me wrong! The pickups came a bit high for my liking so I lowered them a bit and it sounds good now. There was only one flaw and it was the jack was lose which I fixed in 2 secs. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has been put through alot just going back and forth to school etc. And friends house has taken alot and still it goes and goes. Haven't replaced any of the components yet so it's been going strong for a while now. You would never need a back up with this guitar. The finish isn't wearing at all which is nice. // 10

Overall Impression: I love to play rock! Good old rock! Rock is the only thing you can play! This guitar definitely makes you feel as if you are playing like a rock star etc. I have been playing for about 3 years and just started to get good at soloing and this guitar is easy to solo on, I have 2 other guitars my first electric which was a Fender Strat and personally I don't play too often and the other is a Spanish acoustic. I play this one all the time and would definitely buy another one. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: kurtshapedbox, on april 04, 2005

Features: I have owned this Les Paul for about a year now. This guitar is very nice for the price. It has a three way pickup selector that is worthless and definately could use replacing. It has a beatiful body, and finish, but it is much thinner than most les pauls and I don't care for that too much. It also has a bolt on neck wich I don't care for much. I am going to replace the muddy pickups with Seymor Duncan's or EMG's. It is a good guitar but definately could use some changes. // 8

Sound: Its tone is very muddy, but could be fixed with new pickups. See above. It is very good for Nirvana and other bands that have similar grundgey tone. In the price range of this guitar, A Fender Standard Stratocaster would be the best blusey guitar, a Jackson would be best for metal, and this guitar would be best for grundge and anything in between. Kurt Cobain used a guitar identical to this one on Nirvana's "Bleach" tour. He ruined it on their infamous underwater photo shoot. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: My Les Paul 100's action was set a bit high, but its nothing you can't easily fix. Thats the only complaint I have for this category. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is extremely reliable and durable. My only complaint is that the selector and strap locks are cheap and desperately need changed. I guess if you have a little tolerance like me (I haven't done anything whatsoever to the guitar and I've had it for a year) you could go without it. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this guitar and wouldn't give it up for the world. It is the most versatile guitar that I've played (and I've played quite a few) in it's price range. If it was lost I would buy something more expensive to replace it, but thats because I have my heart set in buying an Epiphone G400 Custom already. The G400 custom is my favorite out of every single guitar I've played in my life. But if I didn't plan on buying this guitar already, and the guitar I have now was lost or stolen, then I would defenately buy another. It would get a better review if it had seymore duncans or EMG's in it. Good guitar. // 8

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: freebird01, on june 06, 2005

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: This guitar was made in '04 in China. Classic Les Paul body, 22 frets, Heritage cherry sunburst finish on a plain top. Tune-O-Matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece. 2 volume & 2 tone knobs, 3-way pickup selector, with 2 open coil humbuckers. // 10

Sound: I play mostly classic rock: Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC and it suits that pretty good. It would be better if the humbuckers was covered but the open-coil's is fine. Right now I'm usin it with a old 50 watt Epi amp and it sounds awesome. I mean I could go from Sweet Home Alabama to tha Freebird solo with one twist of the tone knob. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was a little low when I got tha guitar and the bottom string was missing. The bridge mubmucker was a little high, so I lowered it. That's about all that was wrong with it. Hey, it coulda been worse. The finish is awesome. Everbody thats seen it loves the finish. The only way it could be better is if it had binding around it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think it will withstand playin live. I ain't played no gigs since I'm jus now turning a freshman but I'm sure I will after I get my liscense. The strap button on the top closest to the neck is a little bit high n it causes the strap to come off. I gotta get some strap locks to put on it so it'll stop. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is a very good match for my style. The only other guitar I compared this one to was a Epi G-400. My friend got one and it was pretty good except for the price tag. I'm 14 and I don't make enough money workin out in daddy's garage ta spend it all on that. If it was stolen I'd go find who ever stole it and introduce them to my 12 gage. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: druz15_UG, on november 18, 2005

Purchased from: Beggs Music store (NZ)

Features: Made in 1994 in China, 23 frets, really nice body with brown/black finish colour and transparent finish. Looks really sweet and plays sweet too. the only problem I've had is the lead plugin comes loose every now and then because I unscrewed it to get plastic covering out. // 9

Sound: Suits my music style well I play mostly blues-rock/hard rock with a bit of metal. Using a crappy little Ashton 15watt but getting a sweet 120w Crate amp after exams which sounds great. Also using a DigiTech Grunge pedal which gives wicked distortion. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The pickups are good, not too great but good enough for me. The bridge and top were like perfect and no flaws. One problem was the top e string kept snapping when I did huge bends but got better strings now. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Haven't gigged it but it would be ok if I get a better strap. The hardware is solid but then again if I smashed it, it would break. The strap buttons are fine it's just my strap sucks. I would definetly use it in a gig. The finish has lasted since may so it seems alright but the pick guard seems a little flimsy. // 9

Overall Impression: I play blues-rock and this guitar is like perfect but it still sounds great when I play other styles. I have been playing 4-5 years and also own an Ashton 15watt amp (soon to be replaced by a 120w Crate) and a DigiTech Grunge pedal. I'm also getting a wah pedal soon. If it were lost/stolen, I'd kill the person who stole it! Not really I'd just give them a sound beating. I'd buy it or a slightly better version. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 23, 2006

Features: I believe my baby was made in 2004 in China (like all Epiphone), it has 22 medium-jumbo frets and a very nice mahogany body and a maple neck (I think). It has the classic Les Paul style body and feel and a Tune-O-Matic nridge. It has 4 knobs, 2 volume and 2 tone, one for each pickup. // 9

Sound: It fits my style very well, I play mosly classic rock and even some pop, punk-rock, and pop-rock. The pickups are great and you can easely get all of these styles just by flicking the pickup selector (that has rhythm or treble). I use it with a Vox Pathfinder Reverb 15, and Ibanez Tubescreamer and it sounds great, with alot of distortion (not too much thought) and the rhythm mode I can get a perfect slash powerful sound but if you turn some knobs here and there you can even get a wicked Blink 182 sound. All in all a great guitar! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't have any complaints so a will score it like this. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The only problem are the strap buttons that tend to fall of so you might want to change them. // 8

Overall Impression: I walked in too the store and tried every guitar from 150 to 700 $ and this one beats them all, I tried Fenders, Ibanez, ESP, PRS, and even lots other Epiphones this one is just a piece of candy. I recommend this guitar to anybody that needs a fat and rich sound too blast your windows away! // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 13, 2006

Features: I don't know what year my guitar was made, I purchased it used from my localc music shop. It's got 22 frets, bolt-on rosewood neck, alder body with mahogany top. I got the ebony color scheme (white pickguard, white pickup guards, and silver hardware on black finish). It has 2 humbuckers (nowehere have I been able to find out what kind), in the Les Paul style, with a 3-way selector. // 7

Sound: This guitar has a pretty bright sound on clean, but is darker distorted and on my Behringer GM110 it can be pretty damn bassy. However the pickups don't have anything close to the crunch I want. This guitar sounds great for blues, but it's no good for hard rock. I don't like the neck pickup too much, but the bridge pickup gets too muddy by itself. The way to go is with both pickups selected. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: I lowered the action a bit after getting it. Fret buzz is pretty minimal. I don't know what kind of tuners it has, but they seem well made to me, it holds its tune for days. The main problems with the construction is that the plastic parts break very easily (the plastic around the pickups are cracked and the plastic around the output is broken). ALso for some reason the plastic around the pickups is faded much more than the pickguard, which looks just weird, since I think they are supposed to be the same white on brand new ones. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I haven't tried, but I can pretty much tell you this guitar won't take gigging. The plastic breaks too easily, the strap buttons come unscrewed very easily unless you glue them (which I did), and now the neck pickup takes several seconds to warm up when you Switch to it (keep in mind this guitar was used). If you replaced the pickups in it, I would say you could get away with it, so longas you had a backup. The sound is good enough, provided you're not playing very heavy rock. The basic hardware is very solid- it's just those few external things. // 3

Overall Impression: I mostly play progressive and power metal, and this guitar is not really a good match. However for most other types of music it's fine. I play it through a Tubescreamer overdriven on the Behringer GM110's built-in distortion (which is damn good, I must say- that amp rocks), and I can get something of a heavy sound, but not a metal crunch. However, I would not buy this guitar if I had the oppurtunity to do it again. I compared it to other guitars (notably a Standard Strat) and was impressed, but I had never heard of a little brand called Agile. They make Les Paul copies that are far superior to Epiphones for the price. For $150 I could have gotten the Agile AL-2000 which has a set-in neck (LP100 has bolt-on), mahogany body (LP100 has alder), abalone trapezoid inlay (LP100 has dot inlays), and better humbuckers. If you want a cheap LP copy, get Agile, not Epiphone. // 7

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 27, 2006

Purchased from: gear4music.com

Sound: I tend to play classic rock and its sounds excellent. I play it through a DigiTech RP50 then through a Fender Frontman 15W amplifier. The guitar can make a veriaty of sounds and a range of styles, friend likes Slipknot and such and he said it sounds good. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory had set up my guitar ok but I started having problems with the height adjustment screws on the bridge pickup because they had been chewed up. Other than the bridge pick up I left the guitar alone. Everything seamed to be together well until one day when my bridge pickup stopped working (most likely my fault for taking it out) but for some strang reson it started working again as I took it out the second time and put it back in, perhaps dodgy wiring. The body was flawless only very tiny suface scratches. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar certainly sounds better live than being recorded but the top strap button keeps coming loose. After the bridge pickup failing I'm not shure how it would stand up. I would use a backup at a gig but this guitar would most likely be the backup. The finish only seam the have hairline scratches which only show up when the guitar is polished. My friend fell over with it but there appears to be no obvious scratches or dents. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is a good guitar for playing anything. I have been able to play for four years but I have only seriously been playing for the past two. As I said before I own a Fender Frontman amp which by it self is terrible and the RP50 multi effects pedal to generate a good overdrive for the Fender which is too trebaly. I also own a Squier Strat. The only down side to the guitar which has been frustrating me is the neck with the dot inlays. If the guitar was stolen I would buy a different guitar but definatly from Epiphone. My favourite feature is the Heritage cherry sunburst finish which still look as good when it came out of the box. I think I made a small mistake in buying off the internet before I had even tryed it but that gamble has payed off nicely. // 9

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: jklathem, on march 11, 2006

Features: My Les Paul 100 is 2004 Indonesian made. It has 22 jumbo frets. The neck is bolt-on Mahogany and the body is Mahogany as well. The color scheme is cherry sunburst and is very beautiful. The 100's body is a little smaller than the regular Les Paul's body style. I don't know what type of pickups they are, I just assume that they are Epiphone-made; they a dual humbuckers and have a 3-way toggle. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic bridge, and keeps the guitar in tune even when playing the hell out of it. Mine is left-handed and came with strap-locks, a gig bag, and a strap (extra $30 for free). // 10

Sound: It has a rich, full sound when on treble. For rhythm though, it's rather muddy, especially on distortion. Using a Fender Dyna-Touch III Bullet 150 Guitar Combo Amp and Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, the sound is great, even on full distortion. I use this guitar for playing many different styles ranging from folk to blues to punk to hard rock; all of these styles are easily achieved using this guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was built well. There are no visible scratches even though it has been thrown around and banged and such. This guitar was manufactured with great care. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very reliable. I use it for small gigs, even though they do get wild. I use this as my main guitar and have an Ibanez GRX20L for backup. The whole guitar should last for a while. // 10

Overall Impression: Since my style is mainly punk-rock and blues, this guitar really comes in handy. I've been playing for 3 years and have 3 other left-handed guitars and a bass. If this guitar was stolen, I'd definetly buy it again considering it was rather cheap and sounds amazing. I love how smooth the body style is and how well it sounds. I just don't like how the overdriven rhythm toggle sounds. I've compared this to guitars ranging from Ibanez to Fender and Gibson; this one comes in second only to Gibson. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: NineInchNails_0, on april 08, 2006

Purchased from: Musikborsen, SWE

Features: This is an affordable, genuine Paul. The mahogany body gives that classic solid, heavy tone, and the bolt-on mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard are easy to play. It has 2 open-coil humbuckers and chrome hardware. Classic Les Paul design and tone. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic style bridge. It has that old-school awesome 3-way tone switcher. // 10

Sound: I play progressive rock and I couldn't have found a guitar that suits my style of playing better. It is truly the king of guitars. I use an Ibanez Tone Blaster (22 watts) amplifier and no effects, and it still sounds the way I want it to. It can sound like classic rock, it can sound metal-ish, progressive etc. Anything you want. It's not noisy at all for me and I use the normal overdrive settings. It has a rich sound to it, although it can get a little bright on Clean. I can make all kinds of noises with it. A lot of sound variety. And I mean, a lot! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It was perfectly set up. No flaws at all. The pickups were perfect, as normal. The top was greatly boomatched and the bridge was routed just right. Everything was perfect. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've never ever played live but I think this would withstand live playing. A lot of people use it on gigs and such anyways. The hardware seems to last forever. It still sounds just like the day I got the guitar. The strapbuttons gets unscrewed easily though, so maybe I would've done the gig sitting on a chair or something. I can depend on it, but due to the strap buttons I wouldn't have this on a gig without a backup. The finish is just like the hardware, seems to last forever. // 9

Overall Impression: I play progressive rock and it's the best guitar I could possibly find. It's an incredible match. I've been playing for a year now and I have an Ibanez G10, but by the looks of it, I will be selling that soon. I don't need it, now that I have this incredible guitar. If this was lost or stolen I would shoot the brains out of the guy who took it and then get it back. I love everything. It's a Les Paul. The guitar of guitars. The Icon. There is nothing to hate. Even though the strap buttons are a bit of a problem. But I just glued them tight. Problem solved. My favorite feature is either the incredibly comfortable neck or the awesome old-school three way tone switcher. I compared this to several Ibanez guitars, some Gibsons and a Fender Stratocaster, and none of them were as comfortable as this. Nor did they sound as great. I chose this because the neck is incredibly comfortable and because it's so sexy and plays as good as it looks. The only thing I wish it had is the trapezoid fingerboard inlay. But that has nothing to do with how well the guitar sounds and plays. It's so easy to play, and most of all, so much fun. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: angus69, on april 21, 2006

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: 2 humbuckers, tone and volume control for each pickup, bolt on maple neck with mahogany fretboard, alder body, pickguard, regular ebony finish with creme pickguard mounts, pickguard and switch, gold knobs. I'll rate it 9 because it has every thing you need but not ten because it's still got stock crap pickups and tuners and all that. // 9

Sound: For a beginner it suits my needs fine, I've had a few well-versed players plug in and they have been impressed with its tone and overall sound. They only noticed a little buzz high on the fret board. I run it through a used Marshall VS15R Valve State and a Bad Monkey Overdrive pedal and it screams, makes me sounds better than I really am! Not really disliking any thing about the guitar, it fit my budget well and the Gibson stamp on the truss cover makes me fell like I have the reel thing. I mostly paly AC/DC, Blink 182, Led Zeppelin, The Who etc. suits them all! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was just right, pickups where set up fine. only flaw I found was the two back covers for the electronics didn't fit right. The guitar wasn't all that well finished, one backplate needed to be sanded slightly. Pickups needed sanding (little pieces of plastic sticking out), but those are minor things, other than that no flaws! // 9

Reliability & Durability: Not the most reliable guitar because you can tell it is a bit cheaply made. The bolts for the strap have come out twice in the 2 years had it. Not a big deal because you now that there getting loose a while before there gonna pop out so you just put some glue here and there fine. Overall I would use it in a gig without backup, you might want to bring on stage a screwdriver thought. // 8

Overall Impression: I love this guitar, for the price it is excellent value, it sounds great, I strongly recomend this guitar! // 9

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: Epiphonefreak, on october 31, 2007

Features: My Epiphone Les Paul 100 was made in 2006 in China. It has 22 medium frets and a Rosewood fretboard. It's body and neck was made from Mahogany and an Alder body top. The finish is a Vintage Sunburst. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge and Passive electronics. It's controls is a volume and tone knob for each pickup and a 3-way pickup selector. It has stock Epiphone humbucker neck and bridge pickups. It came with a cable, a Tool for adjusting the truss rod, a user manual and a poster. // 9

Sound: I normally play rock or classic rock. I also play jazz and this guitar suits me perfectly. I am using a Marshall MG30DFX and a Zoom G2.1u guitar effects pedal and it sounds great for its price. I usually set the tone knobs to 10 and it's distortion is great. The clean sound is decent. This guitar suits every kind of style of playing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set-up pretty good at the factory. The action was a tad high for me and the pickups are in good shape. Everything else is perfect except for a big scratch on my pickguard. It has Dot inlays and gold volume and tone knobs. I love it's finish and it's headstock. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand Live playing as long as you take good care of it. The hardware seem like it will last a very long time. Perhaps you might wanna put strap locks on it because it's stock strap buttons is not very good. I would use it on a gig and without a backup because I definately can depend on this guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: My overall impression about this guitar is that this guitar is very good. I've been playing for 8 months and this guitar suits me perfectly. It is ideal for beginner or intermediate guitar players. If it were stolen or lost, I'd definately buy another Les Paul 100. What I love most about this guitar is it's playability and it's finish and what I don't like about this guitar is its strap buttons. I compared this guitar with a Squier Strat and this guitar wins hands down. I wish that it had the Mother of Pearl Trapezoid inlays instead of Dot inlays on it's fretboard and I hope that it had EMG pickups with it. Lol. I really recommend this guitar for anyone that has a tight budget and really want a good guitar at this price. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: leftyconfused, on january 05, 2008

Purchased from: musicians friend.com

Features: 2007 was the year built there is not allot of choices for left handed players. Standard 22 fret board made in the USA rosewood neck string through body solid top sunburst Orange in color with cut away body. Two volume and two tone controls three was Switch grover tuners hum bucker pickups. // 9

Sound: This guitar suits me fine considering us true left handed players do not have allot of choices in guitars that are low or high end manufactured. I am using a Behringer 210 v-tone and cry baby with this guitar. The sound is crisp and clear even with allot of distortion. I had a really did my research before I bought this guitar or anything else. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set-up perfect I had to tune it and it was ready to play.The pick-ups were adjusted fine the whole guitar was set-up top notch.The only thing that it was missing is one small screw at the chord jack that was it. The finish on the guitar is flawless. I took it down to my local guitar store and had the guys check it out and they stated that this is a great guitar to get started on. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would take this guitar and play it any where, the hardware is good strap buttons are solid I would gig with this guitar any time. The finish will last as long as I take care of it. This guitars reliability and durability seems that it will last me for a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: Blues rock and country is what I like to play. I just got started again a few month ago it has been 15 yrs since I picked up a guitar. This guitar I would buy again in a minute for the price and the craftsmanship is super for a beginner guitar. I know allot of you old time pickers know allot more about guitars than I do but I did ask questions and read reviews before making my choice. I was going to buy the AXL mayhem but it was so far back ordered I wouldn't have received the guitar until dooms day.I love this guitar the only down side I even read about was the pickups are standard but it will do fine for me.I do wish it had better tuning keys but you get what you pay for. // 9

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: darkarbiter7, on march 13, 2008

Features: Don't know the year. The other reviewers covered the features well. Plus, I can't recall most of teh features, since I got rid of it a while ago. I do know that it's mostly a Les Paul, 2 humbucking pickups, fat frets, fatter neck, TOM bridge. You know, Standard LP features. It's hard to rate guitars on features, but I'll say this is a strong 8. There isn't any special switching, coil splitting, or anything like that. Barebones, basic guitar. // 8

Sound: The sound stands out the most in my mind since I've gotten rid of it. I played this with a Peavey classic 50. Clean, this guitar has a warm mellow sound. Great for jazz and blues. I got a very authentic jazz tone, and a fair B.B. King tone. When I used this with overdrive, it started to mud up. It's alright if you like it, but if you play lead, you probably wouldn't like it. It isn't noisy, and that's a plus. Again, a solid 8. Good tones, but not super versatile. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't get straight from the factory. When I got it in a trade, the frets were rolled off nicely, the neck was smooth, and everything was set up well. The frets had some grooves worked into them from the previous owner(s). Mostly on the 3 thickest strings (the previous owners played rhythm/power chords a lot I could tell). Everything was set up for playing, and it played nice. Neck could be slow at times, though. This deserves another 8. It's not a fast neck, but the bridge setup and other things were set up well. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It's pretty tough. It has a bolt on neck, so if the neck snapped/got messed up, you can just bolt a new one on. The hardware is quite solid. It's a cheap fix if something fails. It came with straplocks, but they didn't come Standard. This is a quite dependable axe, I didn't own it for very long, since I sold it quickly after I got it. The finish is thick and durable. No thin finish here. It stays in tune pretty well too. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a pretty good axe. But, you get what you paid for. The neck is kind of slow, the tone could be better, and the frets are a bit soft. Other than that, it's a solid players guitar and easily replaced. If it was stolen or lost, I'd probably try out an Agile. I compared it to my MIM Strat. It has a thicker, slower neck than my Strat, and a higher action. But, they're two different guitars. I wish it had better pickups and a faster neck. 8 overall. This is a nice guitar for the price, but it's probably worth it to save up the extra money for a LP Standard. // 8

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: CookiMonster, on june 09, 2008

Features: This guitar is a Standard 100 Les Paul. It was made in? 2005? approximately. It is made from ebony wood on the fingerboard. It is a Cherry Sunburst finish with gold volume control's. This guitar is an Epiphone, which in my opinion is much lighter than Gibson's Les Paul, it also has a thinner neck than a Gibson Les Paul. // 8

Sound: My musical style is hard rock/ metal. I know a Les Paul isn't the best guitar for metal but I like it anyway. The amp I am using right now is a Line 6 Spider III amp. Event though The Epiphone Les Paul is not as bright sounding as the Gibson Les Paul it has a bright sound. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything on this guitar is great. The frets are aligned perfectly, the pick guard is precisely the right height, and so is the bridge. I didn't find any flaws except for the face that you have to tune the guitar every once in a while(just like any other guitar). // 10

Reliability & Durability: I am surprised with this guitar, I thought with as much as I play that the finish would wear of or something like that but it hasn't. The strap buttons are completely tight, and it would Live up to Live playing. I could depend on this guitar for a very long time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play hard rock/ metal, I think it is a pretty good match, considering James Hetfield uses a Les Paul. I have been playing for about 2 years. I would definitely buy it again if it were stolen. The only thing I hat is that it doesn't have a floating bridge. I love yo wammy, but this guitar doesn't let me. // 9

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 30, 2008

Purchased from: AAGE Jensen

Features: I bought it as a new shiny guitar (I'm from Denmark So I calculated the danish 2095 kroner to american dollars). The rosewood neck is easy to hold and nice ind your hand. The body is solid and shiny and beautiful as hell. The guitar has a 3-way selector and all of the pickups does their job well. // 7

Sound: The sound that I mostly use in my own music is normal and sometimes br-chords played with a small-tiny amount of drive. I play a lot of music. Rock, metal, blues, funk, pop, jazz, grunge, And so on, and it fits it all. I really don't need a Gibson LP, because I don't know what it does, that my Epi does'nt do just as good. At Home I use a Fender Frontman 15watt amp, and in gigs, practice, studios, i use a bigger Marshall. The amp fits if you know it well and know how to create a good sound with it. The sound is good straight, and not fuzzy and noizy, unless you want it to be. If you know how to work your amp, and if you know aome tuning-tricks, then this guitar is good at everything. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: It's solid. It nice to look at. Well not the nicest on the planet, but for the Price, it's a godess. Some people would buy it only because of the looks of it. It made in Indonesia. The buttons are solid and doesn't break. Overall, for the price, it's really really good. I know a lot of more expensive guitars that was a lot worse than this. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I wouldt dare to play a gig, with just one guitar in my sleeve. But you can count on it. It is solid and nice and easy to hold. It withstands Live-playing with no problems. It's a good instrument, and if I ever break it or lose it or gets it stolen, then I woul definetely buy a new one. // 10

Overall Impression: It fits my style (and others). It's beautiful as hell. It's easyer and more soft to play than other LPs. I wouldt by a Gibson LP unless i won a big money-contest. Would be great as a second guitar. When you look at the price, you get to think that this is a beginner-guitar. But it's my 3rd guitar. The others are Squier Showmaster and a Fender Standard Strat, and to be honest. This is my favorite. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: Grif22, on august 21, 2008

Price paid: A$ 369

Purchased from: Gosford Music Centre

Features: apparently my LP-100 was "Hand Crafted in Indonesia" in 2007. It has 22 frets, on a 3/4 scale rosewood fretboard. It has a Vintage Tobacco sunburst finish and it looks fantastic. like all Les Pauls (except one I think I've seen, not sure which) it has a Tune-O-Matic bridge. It has a tone and a volume control for both pickups, and of course a pickup selector. It has grover tuners, which seem to hold pretty well fortunately. I got a free Epiphone/Lynard Skynard gig bag with the guitar. My only initial problem with the finish is that there was a little bit of black gunk or something on the edge of the pick guard, but I cleaned that off, so it's no problem now. Of course this guitar has that good old Les Paul look which I absolutely love. // 10

Sound: I play mostly plain rock music, and it sounds really good, but it also shines when I run it through distortion (Behringer SM400) to play heavier rock or metal. If you buy this guitar, I recommend that you have a Distortion Pedal for it, as it increases it's versatility greatly. I play it through a 10 watt bass amp, and even then it sounds fantastic. It has some really bright sounds higher up the fret board, but carries that really strong Les Paul sound on the lower end. However, I think there is a problem with the grounding on the guitar, because at times I hear a very faint humming from the amp, and if I touch any metal on the guitar (strings, bridge, etc. even the tuners) the noise stops. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The low end action was a tiny bit low, but a flat-head screwdriver soon fixed that. Other than that, everything lined up pretty well. I found one tiny nick in the finish, but I may be able to buff it out if I really tried. it's not visible at all unless under really close inspection, so that's alright. Strangely enough, the pickup selector would have a fit at me and make a loud crack every time I flicked it, but that problem seemed to fix itself after only a day. So yeah, well set up (either by the factory or the guitar store, I'm not sure which) except for one or two minor gripes. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Strangely enough, my Les Paul has thrown off the conventions of seemingly every other one. my strap buttons still feel pretty solid, even if they aren't the best for holding straps on, and it stays in tune if you stretch the strings out. The finish feels solid, and I don't think it will wear. I am certain that this guitar would withstand a live performance, but as a rule I don't play without a backup. If I were to use any one guitar without a backup, this would be it. // 9

Overall Impression: As aforementioned, I play mostly rock music, and this is a great match. I've played guitar for about 3 years, however only started seriously playing about a year ago. If this were stolen, I would find and donkey punch the thief, then take it back. Failing that I would definitely buy a new one. it is a great budget guitar, plays well and just looks fantastic. I did play a few others, including a low-end Strat and this was definitely the best Bang for Buck option. I played a few copies, and this was better than just about all of them except one that was more than twice the price. I do wish it had pickup covers, and I will probably buy some online and fit those. at times I also wish it had binding, but I'm still very happy with this guitar. // 9

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: andy_h04, on september 17, 2008

Price paid: A$ 370

Purchased from: Allans music

Features: The Epiphone Les Paul 100 is a solid top guitar which I believe was made in China in 2006. The body is made out of mahogany, and the top is made from maple. The neck is bolt on. It has 22 jumbo sized frets, chrome hardware, hard tail bridge and 2 Epiphone humbucking pickups. // 7

Sound: I play anything from hardcore, heavy metal, to the occasional clean styles/blues. I'm running this through a Roland Cube 30X, and a Zoom G1X effects unit pedal. It can play the metal quite well depending on your amps settings, but it plays the softer stuff a lot easier. The pickups tend to be a little noisy for me, but nothing I can't handle. The sound is full, not overly bright, a little dull even for me. I can pull pinch harmonics off this guitar quite easily. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I initially got the guitar, the action was a little too high for my liking, but I adjusted that later. The pickups seem to be at the right height for this guitar. The guitar didn't have any visible flaws at all. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I'm not too sure whether I will be using this to gig with. As some of the machine heads seem a little loose for me. The strap buttons are a real pain to deal with for me. Occasionally the strap will slip off the button and fall to the floor, which is quite annoying so I'm still unsure whether to replace them or not. (no it isn't the strap as I own a Schecter too and it has never happened once on that). When gigging this would be my backup guitar. The finish seems quite fine and hasn't worn off over the time I've had it. // 6

Overall Impression: The LP 100 can handle pretty much any style of music you throw at it. I own a Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, I wouldn't say that this guitar is close to the Schecter tone wise at all, but for a beginner starting out playing guitar, this would suit almost anyone. If it was stolen or lost I probably wouldn't get another one. // 6

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: telemetal, on january 05, 2009

Price paid: A$ 450

Purchased from: Dans Guitar Singapore

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia. It has a 22 fret Bolt-On neck, 24.75" scale, a rosewood board and a mahogany neck, The body is mahogany, with a maple top (nothing fancy, just a plain slab of maple), some sites say there is alder in the body also. Mine has has the Heritage cherry sunburst finish, (it also comes in black, and Vintage sunburst). It also has a TOM bridge, twin passive humbuckers, which are the 700T/650R Epiphone pickups. It has Standard the Les Paul control layout, 2vol/2tone, and a 3 way switch. It has Epiphone tuners, which are fairly solid. Overall it's nothing special, but it's gets the job done // 8

Sound: I play all sorts of music, but I generally use this guitar for heavier music, Hard Rock to Melo-Death is what I play and this does alright for all of it. I'm running this through a Peavey Bandit 112, and sometimes a Zoom G2.1u, and the guitar sounds good, but not great. The guitar is fairly quiet, but if the tone knobs are on anything more than 0 or less than 10 it buzzes a bit, but not loudly enough to be an issue. The neck pick-up in the guitar is great, a warm rich sound that is great for cleans through to mild distortion. The bridge pickup is a bit disappointing though, it can handle medium gain stuff, a hard rock like distortion fine, but if the gain starts to get cranked up higher, it loses a lot of clarity, tightness and punch, so I'll be swapping this out at some stage. Despite the so-so bridge PUP, this guitar can be used to make a wide range of sounds, blues, jazz, metal, everything, it'll just do some better than others. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Seeing as I got a free set-up when I bought it, the guitars action was fine, pick-up height was fine, (though I did adjust the neck PUP to my own tastes), the intonation was fine although the low E was a tiny bit out. The routes were fine, a good neat, clean job. The selector was fine, the knobs buzz a bit, but I'll change the pots later, which should fix that. Overall, there were no flaws I could find. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar shoudl hold up to Live playing, hell that was why I bought it, I needed a knock around for school. The hardware seems like it'll last a while, some of it will be getting switched out later on though. The strap-buttons are solid, but I still made some strap locks with a couple of washers, just because I'm paranoid about breaking the guitar. I'd use it at a gig without a back up, hell I probably will have to next year, but I wouldn't have any qualms about using by itself. The finish seems fine, seems like it would hold up for a long time, but I still plan to refinish it some time later, just because it is to similar to my other guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: I play almost everything and this guitar is versatile to fill any role in a pinch, but it struggles a bit with high gain stuff. I've been playing for 2 and a bit years, and I have a Peavey Bandit 112, a Zoom G2.1u, and my pride and joy, and '96 Anniversary MIJ Tele, and while the LP can't hold a candle to my tele, it is still a good instrument, good for beginners, or just good as a back up. If it were stolen or lost, I doubt I'd buy it again, I'd probably buy something better, more higher end, but since I bought this as a modding guitar, I didn't really look for something amazing. I love the fact that you get the classic Les Paul look, without the price tag, and I just love the way it feels. One thing I hate though is the bolt on neck, it is just awkward on an LP, and makes reaching the 22nd fret a real effort. I compared this to a Squire 51, since both seemed like good modding guitars, this won out because a just wanted a Les Paul, and this one just felt better to me than the 51, tough it was a close contest. If it had Set neck, or neck-thru construction, instead of a bolt on it'd be almost perfect for me, but I got what I payed for so I can't complain // 8

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 26, 2009

Features: This Les Paul is actually a good little guitar. Sure, it doesn't have a few of the things that a higher end Epiphone or Gibson would, such as a Maple top, Alnico pickups, or a set neck, but it's still got the Les Paul feel and sound. Instead of maple, the top is alder, and the neck is bolt-on, so the sustian and some of the finer tones are lacking. The finish is extremely durable, the only scratches so far are the almost unavoidable belt buckle scratches. It has a tune-o-matic bridge, which is, in my opinion, the most convineient bridge available as far as replacing strings. The pickups are passive, but that's to be expected with about 95% of Epiphones and Gibsons. It also carries the Standard 2 volume, 2 tone Les Paul knob configuration. The tuners are Grover, and in 3 and a half years of owning this guitar, I've not had a problem. This is not a constant though, as many reviews I've read on this guitar have reported tuner issues. // 8

Sound: This guitar sounds great. The pickups are not of a very high quality, and on high gain settings you won't get the clarity that you would on a higher end guitar. I've used it in several different bands and projects, including my prefered thrash metal, a metalcore/hardcore band, a punk band, nu-metal, playing blues at the local VFW, and a couple classic rock songs with some friends for youtube videos. It's versatile enough to play most of these. The fact that the neck is bolt on does detract from the sustain, but not to any extreme degree. My main complaints with this guitar are the poor pickup tone, and the bolt on neck. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this guitar was acceptable from the factory, and easily fine tuned at the next string change. The factory strings were mediocre at best, but this is a problem that I've encountered with each of my guitars. I did have a problem with the wiring, apparently several connections were a little loose, and the rythm pickup would cut out occasionally. I fixed that by taking it to the local guitar shop last year and having all the wiring replaced. // 7

Reliability & Durability: The strap buttons on this guitar are horrible, if you're lucky the guitar won't fall off while you're standing still. This is easily fixed with a set of straplocks, which is something that I install on every guitar I buy. The tuners hold in place forever, despite me beating on the strings constantly during my stint in a punk band. If it weren't for the poor pickup sound, I would use this as my number one Live guitar. Like I said earlier, the finish is very hard, and the only scratches are from belt buckels. // 9

Overall Impression: I love this guitar, it was my first electric, and I still play it despite having several other guitars of higher quality. If I were to change anything about it, I would probably replace the pickups with something that gave clearer tone. If this guitar were lost, I do not know that I would replace it, but probably with another guitar of slighly higher quality. Maybe a Les Paul Standard, or an ESP Eclipse. // 8

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: NoName01071991, on july 27, 2009

Price paid: € 215

Purchased from: Music Store Köln

Features: Don't know wich year it was made. It was made in Indonesia. Its handcrafted. I think it are medium frets but could be jumbo as well. It has a 24.75" scale. It has a bolt mahogany neck and a rosewood fretboard with Dot inlays. A mahogany body and a maple top. Mine has a Vintage sunburst finish but it comes in ebony and cherry sunburst as well, thats just your choice. It has open coil Alnico V Humbuckers wich are passive and totally fit my style, wich is kind of hardrock, metal style. The hardware is chrome It has the usual Gibson controls so 2 tone knobs, 2 volume knobs and a Rythem-Treble- Both Switch.It has non-locking tuners. Wich aren't the best ever, the guitar comes out of tune a lot, especially the G-string, acually only the G-string, but i fixed it by putting new tuners on it. // 8

Sound: The guitar fits my music very well, wich is kind of hardrock, rock metal, style and even pop sometimes. It has a very nice and warm tone on the neck pickup and a very rich sound on the neck pickup. I'm using a 30 watt Line 6 amp and usually use the metal or crunch channel with some reverb or delay. Wich in my opinion sounds very awesome. Although when it gets to ditorted it can get a little fuzzy, especially on the bridge pickup. The guitar has a lot of sounds, you can make every sound you waant basicly by using the tone knobs and the volume controls, just be creative. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar wasn't set up that good from the factory, it was way out of tune, wich wasn't hard to fix, just tune it... The action was a bit low, but again, that was fixed in no time. I adjusted both pickups and set them a little closer to the strings to make them sound a bit hotter. Also the white plastic thing, that covers the pickup selevtor broke the day I bought it, but it still works fine. Also I changed tuners like said before. For the rest the guitar was pretty good out of the box, but like no guitar, it immediatly fis you, I always have to do some adjustments. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think now it will last during a live gig. But I think it will get out of tune when you play on it with the original tuners. The hardware will last for ssure, no doubt about it. But somehow I would always take a backup guitar to a gig, just in case; ) but I think you won't need it the finoish will last... Cause I alreadyy bumped it into some stuff and its stil Brand New. // 9

Overall Impression: Its a great guitar especially for rock and metal stuff, but clean it sounds pretty cool too. I've been playing for like 2 years and I own an Ibanez as well, but this guiat has a way better sound. If it would be stolen I'd buy it again probably or go for the Standard, but actually they sound kinda the same. I love the sound and the pickups, I hated the tuners, but thats fixed. So it's a really good guitar for its price. Although it needs some adjustments, but they're easly made. // 9

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: Eugeneius, on september 29, 2009

Price paid: A$ 500

Purchased from: Allans music

Features: Purchased in 2005, made in China. Bolt on neck, with 22 frets. Two open coil humbuckers, cream bevels and pickguard. Tune-o-matic bridge. 2 volume, 2 tone controls with 3-way selector. Cherry sunburst finish. No binding. Overall look is okay but nothing special. I got bored of the look quite quickly. Bolt on neck is annoying when playing in the highest frets. // 8

Sound: This was my first electric guitar and I started playing mainly AC/DC, Led Zeppelin. I now play mainly heavy metal, like Metallica and Iron Maiden and sometimes hevier stuff. I play now through a DigiTech RP80 effects pedal and a Fender FM 212R. I am very pleasede with the sound I get out of it though the pickups lack definition. The neck pickup is too muddy and the bridge is too tinny so I can only use both. I still much prefer the sound to any single coil pickups, though more expensive (EMG) humbuckers would be a lot better. I occaisionally play blues and jazz, which this guitar does really well when coupled with the right amp settings. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Being my first guitar I didn't know anything about setup and action, but I find it comfortable to play with. There wern't any factory defects when I first got it. I recently tweaked the pickup height and am not sure whether it was better before. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have had a few problems with the electronics in this guitar. Firstly the pickup selector didn't work properly, I think there was a loose connection to the bridge pickup. I'm not sure whether the volume controls work or not; they just seem to change the tone until it cuts out. This is okay for me because I use a volume control on my pedal. The strap button was loose before but I screwed it back in and haven't had any troubles. The tuners are okay; the guitar will go out every couple of days. Giging with temperature changes would be a worry. I would gig without a backup simply because I can't afford one but when I get a new guitar this would be very handy as a backup. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall this is one of the best first guitars and I would recommend it for anyone starting out for it's great value for money. If it was lost, stolen or damaged I would not buy it again because over time I would need a better sounding guitar, preferably with a thru-neck. I think this guitar would look a hell of a lot better with binding, better inlays and pickup covers, I suppose that'd make it a Les Paul Standard. Overall, I'm very pleased that I got it, but am now saving for a new one. // 9

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 03, 2010

Features: Well I don't know when it was made, or where, as I got it second hand from a schoolmate; he got it for 200 new from the Music Shop, and has played it for two years. It has 22 frets, mahogany neck, jumbo I think. Bolt in neck, cherry finish, traditional les paul body, neck and headstock, individual pickups for treble and rhythm, 3 way selector switch. When I got the guitar it didn't seem like it was two years old - it looked new and it felt new as well. Sure, it needs a polish and dusting, but overall its young at great to look at. // 9

Sound: I have to say it definitely fits my style of music, as I normally play rock music, and a bit of metal (I only started about 8 months ago, so I'm pretty new to styles). The songs I play sound amazing on it, and the humbuckers give it a full sound, even with the pretty rubbish amp I have. Whether I'm playing power chords or notes, the guitar offers a sweet, welcoming, heart warming sound. The sound quality (even with the blehh amp) is like satin, and it doesn't buzz and is easy to tune - even the drop tunings. This thing can give blues, rock, pop, metal, thrash, whatever floats your boat, if you give a tiny moment to fiddle around with the pickups to find the right tune // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: As stated, the guitar looked brand new when I looked at it, course it needs a good dusting but apart from that it's in tip top condition. There is however a small gap where the neck bolts on to the body, but it hasn't hindered the sound in the slightest. As it was preowned the pickups and tuning were correct, and there is the tiniest bit of rust on the pickups, but it is unnoticeable unless you are really looking for it. It is two years old after all. There is a chip on the headstock, but again it is tiny. The tone and volume knobs can be pulled off, but its not much of a problem, and it is easier if you want to replace them with better versions. Overall, I have to say it is a masterpiece, and the minor problems aren't much of a problem at all // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can deifinitely withstand gigs (excluding if you totally smash it by your own accord), and it can definitely outlive me (and I'm in my midteens, so thats saying something), and I wouldn't worry about the finish, it's as strong as the body itself. Of course, it may be prone to chips, but seriously, it isn't a worry. Tha top strap button does rotate and spin, and I'm not sure if it's meant to do that, but installing the strap was relatively easy, and the positioning is comfortable. I wouldn't really have to worry about a backup while on stage (though I haven't performed a gig yet - all in good time). This guitar's definitely going to live long enough to see flying cars, and it would run through the generations without a care. // 10

Overall Impression: I LOVE THIS GUITAR! I've been playing for 8 months, and it definitely offers a more welcoming tune to my Yamaha Pacifica 012, which I enjoy playing, but I'm not really that comfortable playing on. Also, it gives a better sound than my Yamaha does through my Kustom KGA30 amp, which I don't really like, but am now more comfortable with. I think I've asked all I needed to ask before buying it, and if I lost it, I'd be utterly depressed, and I would definitely save up for another model, or maybe a better one, or even a Vintage (I'd like a Gibson, but that's a bit of a long shot). I wouldn't really stray from the Les paul design - theyre the first design I look for. Although i do like a whammy bar, it would spoil the les paul look, and on top of costing 100 approx to fit in, a whammy on a les paul looks quite pathetic, so I'm sticking with fixed bridge on a les paul. It may be the basic model, but I love it, and it sounds like a gibson, at about one twentieth of the price. I would definitely recommend this guitar, or any of the les paul models made by epiphone, Vintage or gibson. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: KJKINFLAMES, on october 12, 2010

Price paid: C$ 500

Purchased from: Prom Music - Sudbury

Features: this is a great guitar for someone who is looking for a guitar with a lot to give for a decent price. its got all the features of a Les Paul but not the greatest pick ups. when i first got it i had to adjust the action a bit but now it plays very well. I gave it a 6 out of 10 because as good as this guitar has been to me, there are greater models out there and in all honesty there is nothing very unique about this guitar. // 6

Sound: I play alot of metal and it plays it very well through my half stack and with my assortment of Boss pedals. It does exactly what I need it to and for me I find the guitar is very comfortable and allows me to play properly. The clean of the guitar is great and with a very classical distortion it shines. With my pedals I tend to get some feed back from my amp, I have adjusted my pedals and gain etc etc till no end and if I'm being loud (90% of the time) it was there, but I have a Boss sound compressor and that fixes everything for what I do at my house. I give it 5 / 10 because it needs some nice pickups and I think the guitar could go up to a 8 or even 9 / 10 But again this guitar is also no 1000$ guitar so you can't complain too much... Most guitar players would probably not experience my problem. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: Is was brand new cheery sunburst, I needed to adjust my bridge height a touch and clean up my action. Since then its been fine and I've had no problems. The strap pins are beefy enough to get away with a night or two of giging all tho I would say to get a locking strap for prolonged giging. For 500$ this guitar is very nice, if you are looking for your second guitar (mostly because your first one is a P.O.S.) or your starting to take guitar seriously and your becoming better, I would say get this guitar it is very comfortable and has been very generous to me and my playing. You can sit or stand with it and it is comfortable all around. If you feel comfortable with your guitar you will most likely play better. It gets 7 / 10 because after a couple slight adjustments this guitar has been rockin out for months straight with no problems. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I take care of my equipment so I I'm not sure how it would survive some impacts but everything seems to be fine on it... The patch cord connection got loose a couple times untill I lock tighted it so I don't have that issue anymore and everything has been working flawless. This guitar would do a gig no problem and I would feel confident to bring it on stage. But idealy wouldent we all want to have a 3000$ guitar on stage with us? It gets a 9 / 10 because if its a 500$ guitar or a 5000$ guitar I expect it to be durable and it has proved to me that it is a great guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: I personally love the guitar and I think many others would enjoy this epi, if you got the money for a better guitar I would suggest it but if you are a serious beginner looking for his first axe this is it... It has out shown all my other guitars and has been the guitar that has been the tool of my learning. if it were stolen or lost I would buy a better model of the Epiphone Les Paul series. Not because this guitar sucks but because I feel that a better guitar could fit my standards way better especially with the amount of skill I have gained in the past year. if you don't believe me I say go try one, if you are an experienced player this may be far from what you are looking for but if you are the guy who wants a decent priced axe this is it. 6/10 needs better pickups, needed bridge adjustments and the patch cord bolt came loose a few times... Other then that I have played some guitars that people payed way more for and they sounded a lot worse, but I have played alot of better guitars as well, just not at the price I picked this epi up for. // 6

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: sn0rky007, on february 01, 2011

Price paid: A$ 379

Purchased from: Allans

Features: My Les Paul 100 was hand crafted in Indonesia. It has 22 jumbo frets. Mahogany body and neck(Bolt-on). Mine is Heritage cherry sunburst. Features a Tune-O-Matic bridge, Alnico V Humbuckers and a 3 way toggle switch. it came with a lead which wasn't of a very good standard. 2 volume knobs and 2 tone knobs for the bridge and neck pick ups. // 8

Sound: When I tryed it out instore I tested it on a Hiwatt 50 watt amp and the cleasns sounded amazing on the Hiwatt. At the moment I play it through a Line 6 Spider IV 30 and it gives of a really warm tone.This guitar loves distortion. It sounds great clean, dirty or with heavy distortion. I play Mostly Metallica, ACDC, Iron Maiden, Arctic Monkeys. For what I play it sounds great and plays well the action isn't to high of too low. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I'm still using the factory set up including the factory strings although I've had to change my E string once. On some frets I get some buzz like the 14th fret and when start going 17+ My toggle Switch is slowly starting to become lose with use as well as the lead socket but i just tighten the input with some pliers. // 9

Reliability & Durability: it's pretty much gone unscathed for the first two years. Although the finish is starting to lose its smoothness. The finish shows finger prints really easily when the light is shining on the light I have to keep wiping it with my cloth. It seems really reliable and will last for years to come. I'm not in any band so I don't know how it would hold up during a gig. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is very good and I would recommend it to other people. However if it was stolen I would probally upgrade to something worth about more. When I bought it I was comparing it to the Epiphon SG 310, but the Les Paul is the hands down winner. Despite the fact I love the shape of the SG. // 9

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 01, 2011

Price paid: C$ 250

Purchased from: Noteworthy Music

Features: Not sure what year it was made. I'm thinking along the back end of 2006. 22 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard bolted on to an alder body. Tune-o-matic bridge. 2x volume, 2x tone, and a 3 way pickup selector. Came with two open coil pickups (I've switched the Bridge pickup with a Fender humbucker). Non locking Epiphone tuners. No accessories included. // 9

Sound: Suits my style. When I first got it, I was playing a lot of Queen and Led Zeppelin. I was using a 15w Traynor amp, but have now moved up to a Marshall and it still sounds great. Humbuckers really buck the hum, as I have no real need to engage the noise gate on my effects pedal. It seems that after 4 years, the pickups begin to lose brightness as my neck pickup sounds like that the tone has been rolled all the way back. Despite this, it took 4 years to get to this state, and for the last 4 years has been incredibly good. I've used both the pickups with and without distortion. They are both good for clean settings, but once I played multiple notes the noise became even more distorted (Not the good type of distortion). Can Switch between all the pickups, but there's a bit of a pop whenever you switch. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was normal - maybe a bit too high. I've lowered it a little. The pickups were set at an ideal height, and I've not changed the height. The tuning pegs are starting to see the end of their days for they are now becoming quite loose. No real flaws that I can see of- especially on a guitar this cheap. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will easily hold up to live playing. The hardware may need maintainence over the years, but it seems to be doing all right at the moment. Strap buttons are weak and I've had to superglue the upper one in because it would keep coming out. They may in fact be a little small, as I've stood up at times after playing while sitting down, and the strap would just fall off. Other times, I've been standing and the strap would fall off completely. The finish on the body is still shiny on mine, but I've worn down the neck quite a lot. It actually gives it a much more personal feel as you can see where you play the most. This guitar would be fine to do a gig without a backup. // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing hard rock, fast rock, slow rock, prog rock, etc, etc, for several years. The Les Paul guitar has always been known for it's versitality, and this is no exception. I have been playing for four and a half years, and this was my first electric. I now own a Fender Stratocaster, Precision Bass, Mandolin, Keyboard, and multieffects units. If it was stolen, I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a new one of the same model, I would perhaps buy the next one up but because it was my first electric guitar, I would want the exact same one returned to me. The reason I chose this one was because I had been listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, and Queen at the time, and decided that this would be the best to try and mimic the sounds that they were producing. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: ald10, on july 29, 2011

Features: As the name implies it's a low-cost version of a Gibson Les Paul body. Hard-tail. 24.75 in scale with 22 frets. I happened to purchase one of the last Indonesian-produced guitars. Pretty good feature for the money. Let's start with the availability of a left-handed model (which cost $30 extra). It's a low-cost guitar, so the dual humbucker pickups are ceramic (not Alnico) and the tuners are non-locking. The Tune-o-matic Bridge and separate volume/tone controls for each pickup are nice surprises. Ditto the wood selection (Mahogony body with Maple top and Rosewood fretboard). No accessories. // 7

Sound: Well, I'm a beginning guitarist. I mostly plan to play punk, post-punk alternative, with a little classic rock and blues in there for good measure. It's got humbuckers (not p-90s), so it isn't a great fit for me, style-wise. But if you are a lefty who wants p-90s, you need to pay more money on a guitar than I am presently able/willing to spend - so here I am with a dual humbucker guitar. I've got a Vox DA5 solid-state modeling amp - which is actually quite a good amp, IMO. In any case, I'm forced to play through to a set of headphones, lest the neighbors lynch me. As a result, the guitar has limited ability to show it's true character. Clean, the guitar is brighter than you would expect for a Gibson LP-type guitar. It doesn't sound cheap, but there isn't a lot of "character" to it. Overall, I think Epiphone (Gibson?) designed this guitar for crunchy blues and metal (pimply 15 year-olds will buy this just to learn the opening licks to G&R's "Sweet Child O' Mine"). I've heard worse humbuckers - including some Alnico ones. Nevertheless, the tone will fall apart if you really ramp up the gain. At that point they scoop terribly. None of this implies the pickups are bad/cheap - but they *are* ceramic humbuckers, with the implied limitations being present. Sustain is okay. Not great. Not terrible. Lots of people have stated it's really fantastic for the price. Well, I've played a Godin LG P-90 with similar tone woods and which also had a bolt-on neck. The Godin had amazing sustain. I plan on checking the bolt tightness on my LP 100's neck. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: No playability issues per se. Frets and nut were fine. No blemishes on the wood. Likewise the finish on the guitar was, as far as I could see, flawless. These are beginner guitars, really. As a result, the action was quite low (a guitar tech told me it could be set even lower, though). As I have small hands and short fingers, this was ideal. However, there was a problem with the positioning of the wiring that was causing the neck or treble pickups to intermittently fail (i.e. they would produce no output). This was remedied by a Guitar Center technician in 5 minutes with nothing more than a screwdriver. Apparently, it is a problem quite common to the model. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Well, I am a beginner and not all that experienced with guitars in general. At the same time I am a Mechanical Engineer. I briefly owned a Godin LG P-90 (the neck design wasn't playable for me, so I returned it) wit which I can make some comparisons. I would not trust the LP 100 guitar for live playing. I experienced a wiring problem with it on Day 1. It also has a subjective feeling of fragility in the neck, which I would attribute to more than just its thin cross section. The volume & tone controls, while working smoothly, do not seem very robust to me. Also, while the application of the finish was outstanding, I suspect it will chip/wear with regular use. I wouldn't have any worries gigging with the Godin (originally a $750 guitar), but using the LP 100 for any sort of professional work would be asking for trouble. If you purchase the guitar with the two-year warranty offered by many retailers then I think it will withstand regular practice (say, 1-2 hours a day, a few times per week) for a couple years at the least. // 4

Overall Impression: It's a good beginner guitar, IMO, if you have smallish hands, fingers. The neck shape & thickness should be acceptable to most hand sizes & shapes. Similarly, the fretboard radius (12 inches) is curved enough for chord playing and should allow for a bit of string bending. And there is a left-handed model. Mostly, I bought it because I couldn't play chords without awful muting problems with the used Godin LG P-90 I had first purchased. That probably had more to due with the neck design on the Godin than the fact that the Godin was a right-handed guitar. In truth, having small hands and fingers, I need to be pretty selective about the necks on my guitar. That means I need to try out a guitar before buying it to verify that I can play the neck. The LP 100 happened to be the first left-handed guitar that I could try that seemed to have a half-way playable neck and didn't sound atrocious (I tried several cheap, lefty Ibanez G-series guitars that were obviously meant for metal - I called them "paper shredders"). So I settled for the LP 100. I would also encourage beginners to consider Agile guitars. They are reputedly a step up in quality from inexpensive Ibanez, Epiphone, and Squier guitars - but at comparable cost. Unfortunately, they must be purchased from their distributor without any opportunity to play them first. Which may not be a big deal if you have more typically-sized hands. Overall, I'm reasonably satisfied with the LP 100 - even if the pickups don't match my preferred musical style. Of course, Epiphone could address that by offering a P-90 option - but I doubt they will. // 7

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: ald10, on august 01, 2011

Features: The LP 100 has a reasonable feature set for the money - though it's a sad fact that the left-handed model costs about 10% more than the right-handed model. The basic design is (as the name implies) similar to the Gibson Les Paul Standard. It uses the Gibson LP scale (24.75) inches, a hard tail, dual humbucker pickups, and 24 frets. It has a mahogany body with a maple top (finished with a plesant-looking sunburnst) and a rosewood fret board. The frets themselves are largish - but perhaps not quite "jumbo". The D-shaped bolt-on neck is quite thin (Gibson customer service states it's 0.8 in. Thick at the 1st fret) and the fretboard has a 12 inch raidus. The nut is a quite-common 1 11/16 in. Wide. I have small hands and short fingers so this is quite a playable neck for me and helps with chords. LP 100 features that exceed my expectations for the price point would consist of the tone wood selection, what appears to be a fully-Gibson Tune-o-Matic Bridge and independent volume and tone controls for each pickup. Concessions to the guitar's low price point include the use of ceramic pickups, non-locking tuners, and what I would characterize as cut corners in design, materials selection, and construction (more on that later). But again, not unexpected for this price. Mine was an Indonesian-built guitar. More than likely it was several years old at the time of its purchase, despite being new. Accessories? At Guitar Center? Even if Epiphone provided any (doubtful), it's a certainty that they were either lost, cannibalized for other guitar packages, or fell off a truck somewhere. // 7

Sound: I use this guitar with a solid-state Vox DA5 5W modeling amp. Most of the time I'm forced to play it out to a set of headphones (a sad concession to keep my neighbors happy), so it's a little hard to speak with complete conviction about sound. I'm a beginner, so I mostly play it quite clean. Played clean it's quite good and the tone is somewhat brighter than you would get from a "real" Gibson LP. It's pleasant enough, but lacks character. Played with lots of gain - well the character of the ceramic humbuckers becomes obvious. That's to say the sound is highly-scooped with the usual brittleness and ceramic "screech". Ultimately, what I want to play is alternative, punk, and post-punk. Obviously, what I want for that is a lefty guitar w/ P-90s and a small neck. There aren't many of those and they are too pricey for me at the moment. The sound is very acceptable for blues, classic rock (hard rock, too). It's not really bright enough for good funk. Perfectly acceptable for Bob Marley, or G 'n R, maybe a little of The Skids. Don't use it live out your Buckethead/Dragonforce fantasies (not a problem for me and the neck isn't made for that, anyhow). Probably not so great for Parliament/Funkadelic stuff, either. Sustain is not fantastic. I might be a bit spoiled here. I briefly owned a right-handed Godin LG P-90 (but couldn't play it's neck) which, though it also had a bolt-on neck, had amazing sustain. It's possible the neck bolts aren't tight enough and I plan on checking that. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Having smallish, but relatively thick fingers I was naturally quite worried about the action near the nut. Using some feeler gauges I measured an action for the 1st string of ~0.015 at the 1st fret. A little high, but very reasonable. Even so, I might have the action lowered a bit later on. The near-Jumbo sized frets will tend to buzz if your fingers are even slightly too-low. I was a bit suprised to find them so unforgiving, but I think this is simply related to the fret size, rather than the action. I didn't note any defects in the finish or the bridge, nut, or neck. All the hardware and switches seem to work properly and seem to be well-finished. I cannot comment intelligently on the pickup positioning. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The first day I played the guitar it developed a problem that consisted of the neck (rhythm) or the Bridge (treble) pickup intermittently failing to produce output. It was quickly fixed by a GC tech who traced it to poorly-positioned wires. The tech stated that is a common (and recurrent) problem with many inexpensive Epiphones. This guitar seems a bit fragile. Some of this might be unfairly subjective and the result of the rather thin neck (my briefly-owned Godin had a beefy "boat oar" of a neck). The guitar also seems to be a bit light (again, relative to the Godin) and flimsy. The switches and dials work smoothly but do not seem like they are likely to hold up under repeated, heavy use. Strap buttons seem solid - though a shade too thin to be 100% secure with many neck straps. I suspect the finish is actually quite thin. I have my doubts it will wear well. I would never think of gigging with this guitar. Beyond its seeming physical/mechanical fragility it has already suffered an electrical fault (which is reputedly likely to re-occur). And without locking tuners its tuning stability is only fair. This is a guitar for a beginner to play 1-2 hours a day for a few years. No more no less. If your retailer offers a 2 year warranty at puchasing time, I would buy it. Again, none of this is unreasonable given the price point. // 4

Overall Impression: I have only been playing a couple of months. As noted above, the pickup types are not a great fit for the music I want to play. Thus far, it is meeting my expectations as far as it being an inexpensive, left-handed guitar with a neck that can accommodate small hands and fingers. The high points are it playable neck shape. The low points concern the screetchy pickups and lingering concerns over its durability. I can only really compare it to the Godin LG P-90 - a somewhat unfair comparsion, as that guitar is sold for ~$750 new. As expected, the LP 100 is no match for the LG when it comes to construction quality, sustain, and overall sound (the LG had terrific Seymour Duncan Custom-3 P-90 pickups). Obviously, a P-90 option for the LP 100 would be the first thing I would hope for. It isn't, AFAIK, offered on *any* Epiphone guitars, let alone an inexpensive, left-handed one. Happily, they do make humbucker-sized P-90 pickups which are a close substitue for the genuine article... Would I buy another if it was lost or stolen? I'm not sure. I would probably try some left-handed Agile guitars, as there are a few left-handed models that feature P-90 pickups and their quality is reputedly very high for their price. And I would probably try a lefty Squier Telecaster Standard (the fretboard is a bit curvier) to see if the neck was a bit better for my hands. This guitar is fine when "okay" is all you can afford and "okay" is all you need (i.e. you are a beginner). // 7

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 31, 2011

Purchased from: American Musical

Features: Bought it new from American Musical in May of 2011 since I was looking for a bluesy kind of sound and DEFINITELY found it with this LP100. Single cutaway and Vintage Sunburst color scheme, standard rosewood fingerboard with a bolt-on mahogany neck and body. Transparent finish on the plain maple top really made this a nice one to own. I'm glad I didn't buy it used and abused (and I saw A LOT of 'em that way). Has the Lock Tone Tune-O-Matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece and the usual 4 tone and volume controls. I didn't buy mine with a gig bag because I never intend to travel with this - it's strictly for playing at home. // 9

Sound: I'm not a professional guitar player, but wanted a guitar that would have that rich bluesy sound that a Les Paul can give, and also could distort out to give that razor sharp rock edge to it, too. I found that with my Epi Les Paul - no doubt about it. As compared to my Fender 'strat-a-like' (StarCaster) that has a more tinny rockabilly sound to it, and my Ibanez GAX that seems to straddle the LP100 and the StarCaster, The LP100's sound is incredibly nice and smooth through my Roland Microcube practice amp, Fender Frontman, or my Peavey practice amp, too. When paired-up with the Fender Frontman, the LP100 is just awesome..! I've never heard it be noisy or not give me the blues tone I'm looking for. IT IS the best guitar I own (not saying that the GAX or the StarCaster are of the quality that they really compare - if I had the outlay I'd choose Gibson and real Fender gear). // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I took it right out of the box, gave it a tuneup, and it was 100% right out of the Chute - beautiful! Everything was adjusted perfectly and I didn't have to mess with anything. All the parts fit perfect and I didn't notice anything about the construction that could disappoint - no kidding, it was perfect and I haven't had to mess any anything other than routine tuneup every other week (because of temp changes Summer to Fall in the house). All the metal hardware was perfect, too - no oxidation or rust. No flaws on the guitar, too - just perfect (and I expected it to be shredded being boxed and shipped to my door - NOT SO). It was packaged to take the ride perfectly, too. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Very durable, although it's been treated with tender loving care since I bought it. It's on the Fender floor stand along with the other two 'monsters' and I admire and play it daily. I love the quality of this guitar. It may not entirely stack up like a Gibson Les Paul because of the choice of wood and construction, but you won't be disappointed in the quality - it's WELL put together and beautiful. The only thing that bugged me when I first got it out was that the output jack was loose, but I tightened it up with a pliers and it was 100% good to go. Hasn't given me one ounce of problem since. // 9

Overall Impression: Perfect match for my style of playing (blues) and I've been playing for about 6 months. It compliments my Fender StarCaster and Ibanez GAX really well - each have their own unique characteristics, but the Les Paul is my favorite - I would be crushed if anything ever happened to it. About the only guitar I'm on the hunt for now is an Epiphone Casino or Dot semi-hollow just to see if there's a huge difference there or not. John Mayer plays a Gibson Casino-style guitar and it seems to have a little more bluesy sound in the bass that my LP100 would have a little difficulty getting to. But I'm nowhere near disappointed with my LP100 - - I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who wants a versatile sounding guitar on the cheap, but does not feel cheap when you hold or play it. It's AWESOME! // 9

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 09, 2012

Purchased from: thomann

Features: This little LP-100 standin next to me was made somewhere in Asia (Indonesia I think). It got (let me count)... 22 frets (medium jumbo), 1 smooth neck. I'd say it's rather slim and light compared with other Les Pauls... I don't know the exact material but it said mahogany with rosewood fretboard. It's been my first and only guitar so far and will sure stick around (let's hope for as long as I live). I'll simply rate it 10 cause after almost a year (and I play them blues like crazy). so after 8-9 months or so of day/night screaming, she never had any malfunction or whatever... Guess I got lucky with the quality... // 10

Sound: Oh this baby (I named her "Baby Charlie")... So this baby is a great guitar for them blues... As long as you know what you're doin. I play them texas alot and the better I get at it, the more I find this guitar to be simply amazing... The only thing that makes me sad bout her is that the pickups are weak and you really need to take yer time figure out what effects to use in order to "mask" the "cheap" tone that's comin out... I'll give an 8 at this chapter, tho I know that a good guitar player can make any cheap plank scream... // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Least I can say is that it came flawless. Anyways I know that I got lucky getting such a well made guitar that's meant to be for beginners. At most intermediate level. Everything was outstanding (and I'm using "was" cause she's having a hard time with me. Dropped her and scratched her a few times so she don't look like new if you take a closer look). 10+ at this chapter. But I know I got lucky for such a good product. Guitars at such a low price don't usually make your jaw drop when it comes to action, fit & finish.. // 10

Reliability & Durability: With a decent amp and good skill ya bet it will... Again, I'm talking about my own guitar... I don't know what other people have or will buy. Straps solid and waittin for me to git up on the stage this late summer or autumn. The finish is excellent tho I don't mind (infact I love an old and rusty finish. But that takes time). I'll rate this with a 9. // 9

Overall Impression: Again... For the blues she's the real deal (least for me). Been playin' for 8-9 months now. I don't even want to think about the stealing part.. Nothin' can replace it. I love everythin' bout her. She already owned a Les Paul Standard and a PRS (forgot the model name). I wish it had a special switch or somethin' that could make her sound like a Fender. It really annoys me cause she can only sound like a Les Paul. Hehe. // 9

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 22, 2012

Features: Made in Indonesia, when I don't really know, it's probably 1-2 years old. The Rosewood neck is thin and comfortable with 23 frets. The Mahogany body is also quite thin, and therefore not as heavy as other LPs. The Vintage Sunburst finish is very cool will fit the player's style. There's a tone and volume control for each of the 2 humbucks, and the overall setup of the guitar is basic. It's got everything you need. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of alternative rock and metal, and it suits my playing extremely well. The sound is very full. The clean sound is very deep, and it's dirty and kind of aggressive when distorted. Exactly like I want it. I use it with a Line 6 Spider IV 15 watt amp, and although the amp doesn't have the widest array of settings, the guitar sounds good with every setting I can think of. However, it works better the better the amp is. I tried it with a big fancy Marshall amp once, and it sounded absolutely amazing. But when you play with a slightly worn down or cheaper amp, you should be careful how you adjust the settings or it will sound quite untuned and messy, even if it isn't. Still brilliant. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Around the input there's a few bits that holds it in place. Those came undone and the whole thing disappeared into the guitar. But after some fiddling it was fixed and hasn't bothered me since. Otherwise the whole guitar was flawless. The store might have some responsibility for this though. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It will last for any live-playing, practicing and even a little bashing, without the finish or the hardware bailing on you. Also it seems to stay in tune very well. I usually practice for many hours every day, but I still don't have to tune it very often. I think as well that my strap will fail me before the strap buttons. I don't think you would need a backup when you play live, but I would personally rather be safe than sorry, and have a backup anyway. // 10

Overall Impression: I absolutely love the guitar. It suits the Alternative/Melodic and the Metal/Hard Rock I play wonderfully, it both gives me a clean and a full dirty distorted sound. I've compared it with a Strat and a Tele, but the LP treated my fret-hand much more nicely. Also, it seems to have a more personal feeling that the others lacked. It's your guitar, your best friend with a special place in your heart, and I will always have one of these, no matter what happens. // 10

Les Paul 100 Reviewed by: suicideiscreams, on june 04, 2012

Features: I think it was made in 2011. I don't know which country though. It has 22 jumbo frets. Not exactly sure about the neck but I think it's rosewood. It's a solid body Les Paul design. Mine has the cherry sunburst finish. It didn't have any scratches in it when I got it. It's got two Gibson humbuckers. (Maybe Alnicos, P-90's?) Non locking tuners. It didn't come with any accessories. // 9

Sound: This guitar suits my style perfectly. I play deathcore, punk, modern rock, acoustic rock, blues and some classic stuff. I play through a Line 6 20 watt with tons of distortion. It isn't noisy actually, although it isn't the same as a higher end Gibson or Jackson. It's a very rich guitar when I play it clean, lot's of bright tones. This axe can cover a whole variety of sounds. I love it! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The fit and action from the factory was actually pretty good. I little buzz here and there but I fixed that. I've had to adjust the pickups a little bit to get more distortion but other that it's great! The nut is great also. This guitar can stand some hard playing and stay in tune, even after bends and solos. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have a band and it would definitely withstand live playing. I'm going to get some straplocks first though. The hardware seems like it'll last for a while... The strap buttons are solid, but like I said, ne straplocks are coming soon. This guitar stays in tune pretty darn good so I would use it for a gig without a backup. I play hard so that is saying alot. This finish seems like it will last, but I really don't want to drop it b/c it would definitely scratch it. // 8

Overall Impression: I play deathcore, punk, modern rock, acoustic rock, blues and some classic rock. This guitar fits the styles amazingly well and is surprisingly versatile. I've been playing for about 5 years and I have owned alot of other guitars and this one is awesome! I bought this as a replacement for my Ibanez RG-120 and I like it much better! I wish I had asked for a gig bag! If stolen I would definitely buy another one, after I was done crying. Lol. I chose this axe b/c it's a beast, simple as that. I hate that the pickups aren't as metal-esque as some. I wish it had better pups and straplocks. // 8

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ Les Paul Ultra III 7.7 Electric Guitars 04/07/2014