Les Paul Custom Plus Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 08/11/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom Plus
The multi-layered binding and gold-plated hardware of the Les Paul Custom, the top model in the original Les Paul line of the '50s, is further enhanced by the figured Maple top.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 8.7
reviews (13) pictures (2) 42 comments vote for this gear:
Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: slash_pwns, on november 29, 2004

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Features: - 22 medium frets - Figured maple top in cherry sunburst - Mahogany back, neck and head, maple top, rosewood fingerboard - Flamed top in cherryburst - Single cut away Les Paul style body - Tune-o-matic/stoptail bridge - 2 volume, 2 tone, three way Switch - H/H Epiphone USA pickups - Grover Tuners - All gold hardware - Came with hard shell case, tuner and posters // 10

Sound: This Guitar is perfect for any style. I play anything from classic rock to blues (except punk). I use a Marshall amp and they just work together perfrectly. Switch is clean, no noise. As the great Slash said, "As long as you have a Les Paul and a decent amp, you can make any sound." // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action is perfect, met the factory standards as set in the manual. Pickups needed a very small ajustment (took literally 30 secs). Top bookmatched perfectly, bridge is great. No flaws. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would definetly gig w/o backup. Hardware wil last ages and ages. Strap buttons haven't given pout yet and are very tight. Finish is built to last forever. // 10

Overall Impression: I play alot of styles and this just beats the crap out of any other guitar. I wouldnt even think about buying a Gibson. I've been playing for a while and this is my first really good guitar. If this were stolen I would go on a killing spree to find the theif. It would be worth it to get it back. I love everything about and nothing has gone wrong. But my favourite feature is the way it plays itself. I dont have to push as hard as my other guitar and barre chords are much easier. The only thing I wished it had was a Marshall Stack (not included). // 10

Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: life_247, on may 21, 2004

Features: - Made in korea - Two pickups and completly gold hardware - Gibson usa pickups - 3way selctor Switch for ryhthm - Lead or both pick ups // 10

Sound: I play a huge range of styles, mainly rock. Guns and roses of course sounds fantastic as does punk music. The guitar handles Drive very well with lighter mellower sounds. Although the amp (Marshall) provides a lot of the Drive. Its a loud guitar and a quirky bright sound thats quite familiar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was perfect although it was bought from a guitar specalist shop north of london. The pick ups were great and has only been sent back once for a minor bridge ajustment which appeared after hours of playing. The guitar is perfect great bound edge. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I play this guitar live gives alovely sound, I don't use abackup unless I have to change tunings becasue I dont like doing it. Finsih is solid (Vintage sunburst) and as solid as anything. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great guitar and I have played many in my time. I prefer this over many other copies and the SG guitar it just has that great solid body warmth from it. The only thing it dosent I have is a tremalo because of the bridge which is the one thing I miss from the cahnge over from the Strat. I would buy this guitar again, and I am thinking about a similar Gibson model. It does provide avery fast playing action becasue of the maple, the neck is very smooth. // 10

Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: lylewithans182, on december 10, 2005

Purchased from: Local guitar store

Features: Made in Korea, 2005. 22 Fret rosewood neck incredibly fast action. Flamed maple top on a mahogony body and neck. Tune-O-Matic bridge, bridge and neck pickups, I was told they were Gibson designed. 2 volume, 2 tone and a three way selector Switch. Grover tuners. Mine is Vintage sunburst, and I got a free case, strap, pics and strings with the guitar. // 10

Sound: I play from Green Day to Guns N' Roses, some metal, but mostly punk or pop-punk. It suits all my styles very well, and I think it will suit anyone's style as well. The humbuckers give a very crunchy sounds. The bridge pick up is great for lead, rock, metal, punk etc. and the neck for blues. The 3rd option allows you to use both pickups, and control the output of each one: This option allows you to find the exact tone your looking for. This guitar will sound great unplugged, clean, or with heavy distortion. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came perfectly set up and in tune. The action is unbelieveable, very low and very fast. Pickups seem properly adjusted. Finish looks beautiful, no flaws at all. Only problem is it picks up finger-prints rather easily. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definately withstand live playing. I would bring this with no back up and with confidence. Hardware seems very good, althought I may put burst bucker pros into it. Very good strap button (you can throw it around your head). Depending on how you play, you will get scratches. Mine has them, but I also dont believe in case guitars. Take it out and play it. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is great for anyone who plays any rock. I'd definately buy it again if it was lost. Perfect guitar, get out there and buy it. // 10

Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 13, 2006

Purchased from: La Centrale, Paris

Sound: I play alot of stuff, from jazz to metal, through to funk, blues and rock. The African mahogany body makes for excellent resonance, and ace sustain, even unplugged. I mainly use this LP through my Line 6 PODXT into a Peavey Bandit 112 poweramp. The stock pickups are okay, but needless to say that they don't stand up to any Gibson pickups, and a switch change for some Duncans or even DiMarzios will get you a better sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish on this guitar is impeccable for this price range: the flamed chery-sunburst maple top is spotless, the bindings on the body headstock and headstock as well as the neck inlays make this one ace-looking guitar. The stock setup needed a little tweaking for action and intonation, as did the pickup height, but there's nothing wrong with that. The neck is so straight you can get the action pretty-much as low as you feel comfortable with: again, something you're not always entitled to expect from a guitar in this price-range. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is solid and built to last. The hardware stands up to that. I've had it for nealy two years now and there is absolutely not sign of wear, except from the pick-guard as you would expect. // 10

Overall Impression: Well set up, this guitar is effortless to play and offers great tone from the generous mahogany body, ideal for any styles ranging from BB King to Satch. You will want to replace the pickups, however, to get the most out of this guitar. I'm putting in a Seymour Duncan SH-2N Jazz in the neck and an SH-4 "JB" in the bridge. To make it perfect, you'll want to 'clean up' the electronics (redo the wiring and clean the switches), and maybe change the nut as the case may be. // 9

Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: dicky15, on january 20, 2006

Purchased from: Bootleg Music

Sound: I play alot of rock! This guitar kicks ass in this section I must admit for rock especialy. I play in a band and I would definately gig this without a backup. I use a Snarling Dogs Mold Spore Wah with a orange amp most of the time and this thing sounds so sweet with them. The sound is very thick and creamy and can be turned upside down to be sharp and thin for a real punky song. I think this guitar sounds best with rock but any other genre would fit it! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar plays fast and smooth! what more could you ask for? I love playing nice rock like Led Zeppelin on it as it makes it so easy to play. Hardware will last for years by the looks of how solid it is. No scratches of dinks in it and is all in working order. Humbuckers were fitted like a dream and were not at all messed up. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will stand live playing as it is built like a tank. I would use it without backup in a gig without a shadow of a doubt. The only thing I found wrong with the whole guitar is that the strap buttons were coming loose after a while of playing because of teh weight and angle that I play but nothing a screw driver couldn't fix! // 9

Overall Impression: I play rock and this guitar fitted it like a glove. I have been playing 5 years and have played a heck of guitars and this would be in my top 5 definately. I own quite alot of kit pedals, amps etc and this sounded brilliant with all my effects especialy wahs! If it were stolen I would not even heitate to go and get another. I love the creamy rich sound it gives but I hate the fact I have to keep doing up the strap buttons! I choose this as I wanted a Gibson les paul but was to expensive so I decided to get this baby. It ended up being better than I thought and would recomend it to anyone. A brilliant guitar with a furiously awsome sound! Go buy it! // 10

Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 15, 2006

Purchased from: avenue

Sound: I play anything. The guitar was great out of the box, the bridge pickup was clear and the notes were well defined. The neck pickup was flabby and under-defined, but with an EQ change, there were tones to be had. I later changed to EMG active pickups to get more "bark" out of the guitar, this is a definite consideration for a serious player. You can make almost any sound out of the box, the pickups have enough power to handle lots of distortion, but they also have a great tone clean, they add a little "hair" to the notes. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Perfect! The action was perfect out of the box and the intonation has never needed any work. The pickups were a little low, but this was a very easy fix. The bookmatch on my guitar is okay. The finish on the other hand, made some of the gibsons in the store look dumb, it was that good. The rest of the guitar was simple, but flawless. Even the filler on the fretboard was harder to spot than expected, nice job! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is made for live use. Because there is so much wood and mass to it, there is very little damage that could occur. Mine has been dropped offstage numerous times and only has a tiny chip on the headstock. The strap buttons seen solid enough, I tape my straps anyway. I can't afford another Les Paul like guitar, so yeah, I gig without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: This is the rock, blues and metal guitar for a player on a budjet. It is also a good choice for a pro who would rather spend their money on amps or studio time, rather than a nice looking Gibson. I would by another if this guitar were stolen, or I would just steal it back! Go out, try any guitar you think you want. Then try this guitar, the choice is clear! // 9

Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 16, 2006

Purchased from: GP Music

Sound: I play mostly rock and metal. Basically anything from the '60s to present day but mostly '80s (Metallica, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, etc.) I also play a bit of blues, and man, this guitar rocks, it suits every one of those styles great! My guitar idol is Slash and once you play a les paul you will know why he does. I have it paired up with my DigiTech GNX3 and a Line 6 Spider II 212 and I play all of my gigs with that equipment and it has yet to fail me. It gives such a great hard full sound when you want it too but for those quieter songs it can slow right down and it won't skip a beat. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I was very pleased with how well they had the action set up at the factory. I have done very little with the action as it suited me so well already. I have a friend Who just has the custom and his action was not near what mine is. Pickups were great too, I didn't adjust them at all. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Like I said before, I use this guitar for all my gigs (w/o a backup) and I have only good things to say about it. I haven't had anything come loose or fall apart and it sure doesn't look like it's going to anytime soon, it just keeps going. // 10

Overall Impression: I play most styles of music (except punk, hate that crap)and it performs perfectly. I play it through my gnx3 and my 212 spider usually but even when I don't use my gnx, it still sounds as good as ever (I use my gnx mostly for all the cool effects). If it was lost or stolen I would put out a search party and beat the crap out of the guy Who had it. I just love how well it overall performs from the action to the sustain to the quality of build, it would be hard to find something to beat it. I did think about buying a Jackson but I loved the tone of this guitar. I might buy a Jackson yet for the thin neck and the speed I can get out of it but don't get me wrong, you definately aren't crawling along on this guitar. I also looked at the Gibson LP's but they are a fair bit more money and you don't get near the bang for the buck like you do with this guitar. // 10

Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: Khoshabalas, on november 03, 2006

Features: With the golden bridge and pick ups gives it a nice classical look. There are four volume/tone knobs (two for volume and two for tone) it also has a three way pick up toggle which I think is one of the best features of it. With the classic pickgard and a maple neck there's no turning back you will be pulled in from the greatness and most exelent guitar features. // 10

Sound: This guitar is a great guitar ranging from classic rock, heavy metal to blues. With the humbucker picks up that were orrigianlly in it the sound is almost flawless in great sounding, chuncky, beefy sound. There are plenty of range you can pull out of this guitar it's not a great guitar to mess with. It's also a very good guitar to play long heavy guitar solos. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: As well as it it does with the features I didn't think that they did as great as it could of been put together. A few things I found that wasn't the greatest is the fretmarkers, insteed of it being the the regular markers it's a classier like smooky glass looking square. For some othere reson it falls apart, not as in falling apart but things start to get loose like the input when I pull the chord out it gets looser and looser it's nothing hard to fix just very annoying. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a legend of it's own it's basicailly one of the greatest guitar designs it's held up pretty good and looks like a million dollars. I take it out with me to go jam with my friends it holds up really nicely. The bodys finish hold up real good and gives it an even more of that classic guitar look. // 8

Overall Impression: I'm in a "band" with a few friends were all into a blues/classic rock feal and the guitar matches the whole sound giving that strait up rock vibe. I use a DigiTech RP300A I can reach that pinch, that tone so high and so great it stuns people leaving them in a daze some for them to remember. This guitar can be compaired to any other guitar and this would tottaly beat it in any race. This Guitar has been one of my best buys yet with the slick and sleek look there no limits this guitar can bring. // 10

Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: HillcrestAvenue, on november 25, 2006

Features: It's got 22 fret rosewood fingerboard with block inlays. It's also got a mohagany body with flame top. It has 2 gold humbuckers. Binding on body, neck, and headstock. Gold hardware. Mahogany neck also. The body color is Cherry Sunburt. 1.6" nut width. It's pretty heavy but that the only bad about it. It's also perfect size for me too. // 9

Sound: It suits my music style perfectly. The band I'm in does covers from the White Stripes to Black Sabbath and this Les Paul fits every style. I'm using a DigiTech with it and a Crate. It sounds very good. It has a full sound. But ya it is pretty heavy and hurts my shoulder but sounds amazing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The only thing wrong with it is the nut gets loose alot. The pick-ups never break or anything. I don't have a whole lot of problems with it besides the nut that I plug the cord into. The pick gaurd is messed up pretty bad. The wood is fine. There are no loose tuning pegs. None of the controls are loose. But ya the nut is messed up & so is the pickguard. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is very good Live. It never messes up and quits working. The hardware will probably last a long time. The strap buttons aren't loose or don't fall off. I could deffinatly depend on it Live. I would also use it on a gig without a back-up guitar. The guitar will probably last a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play punkish music. And this Les Paul fits very good for that. I also play some metal guitar lines and it works good for that too. I have been playing for 3 years. I have a ESP F-50 and A Fender acoustic-electric 12 string. And am geting a Crate full stack. There wasn't another guitar I really wanted before I got this one. If it were stolen I would track them down and kill whoever did it. If it were lost I probably wouldn't buy it again cause I don't have enough money. I love it because of the sound. I don't like it because it's so heavy. It has a much better sound than my ESP. I love this guitar to death and would deffinatly recomend this guitar to anyone. // 10

Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 18, 2006

Purchased from: music city

Features: This guitar is a beauty. I'm not quite sure when it was made, but judjing by the serial number, it's fairly fresh guitar. It's got 22 frets, thin ones I think, and I the one I saw origonally had a mahogany fret board, but I asked, and they gave me one with a rosewood one, just the way I like it. It's a solid Heritage cherry sunburst finish. Tune-O-Matic bridge with sexy passive smooth sounding pickups. The Les Paul has 2 tone and 2 volume knobs. And I got a hard case with it just to sweeten the deal! // 10

Sound: The Les Paul Custom Plus suits my music style perfectly. I play stuff like classic rock, Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and lots of bluesy stuff. I play it through a Marshall MG50DFX, and with a little fiddling I can make it sound like whatever I want. The guitar can also easily play metal stuff like master of puppets with ease. It makes a nice crisp sound on clean, and the pickups don't hum or drop out when it's loud and distorted. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came perfectly unscathed. I've had to adjust the action once since I bought it but other than that it was perfect. Nothing was loose, it had no problem with the tuning keys either, but I guess I'm just lucky. And the only reason I can think of that it would be scratched is because you did it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The only thing this guitar will need while playing gigs is an extra set of strings incase one snaps. Personally I haven't played any gigs but I have jammed with my friends and they say it sounds great. One of them is really jealous of it, and he has a real Fender Strat. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing 2.5 years and this is the best guitar I've even looked at. If it were stolen I would defanitly replace it as soon as I had the money and I'm only 14 with no job. And if it were stolen it would be the one thing on my mind. The thing that I find best about this guitar is that it suits all my styles perfectly. // 10

Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: FenderStRaT RS, on november 29, 2007

Purchased from: sweelee

Features: Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus, 2007 model, China made. Features 22 rosewood frets, pearl inlays, C-shaped neck and everything you want from a basic les paul. Full mahogany body, with a flamed maple top. Cherry sunburst one I bought, came with aa epi hard shellcase, Epi cable, and Epi leather strap. // 10

Sound: I play almost evrything except jazz fusion stuff.Using my Fender G-DEC pratice amp, so all kinds of effects in a box.I usually use some heavy gain+ some wah or resolver+reverb to get my fav GN'R/metallica sound n the treble pickups and on cleans I use some reverb at rhythm pickup 4 some good acoustic sounds. Overall it sounds pretty les paulish and harsh, yeah! I love the fat sound it makes, totally diff sound from my Strat, more crunch to the tone. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Pretty well made, got the cream of the crop from the store, but a little paint spill round the neck but it's not so bad, but the flamed top was perfect wiith no blems. The tuners are good, so as the pickups, output jack(needed alittle tightening). The only prob was that the gold plating really needs to be taken care of, as the part of the bridge where the strings came in contact was already faded, but overall, well made, firm and solid, and sexy. Playablity is alright but not as slick as my Strat. // 7

Reliability & Durability: So far so good, nothing has came loose or dropped out. The strap buttons are solid as a rock, the guitar sure able to withstand knocks. I would use this without no backup. The only bad thing is that the gold on the pickup covers are rather thin and will fade over time or after apply some metal polish, but makes it look cool and gives it some character. // 8

Overall Impression: Good combinaton to my Strat. After 2 years of playing, this is a good buy besides my signature Stratocaster. I really wanna ask something, how'd to prevent the gold from tarnishing. Stolen, I'll buy a new one to replace it unless I have enough money 4 a real Gibson. In summary: great tone, awesome finish, too sexy, great buy. Thin gold plating, alittle heavy, are it's downsides, otherwise it would be perfect 4 a lincesed Les Paul copy. // 9

Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 04, 2010

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: Mine was made in 2008 in china, it's got 22 frets with a rosewood fingerboard, it's a carved alder top on top of a mahogany body, it has a Vintage sunburst flame maple top finish and it looks much nicer than most of the internet pictures. It has a tune-o-matic bridge and passive alnico pickups, there are separate volume and a tone controls for both pickups and a 3 way selector, it comes with grover locking tuners and they're brilliant, as it was a christmas present and it came off ebay I tried it out to make sure it was real, the last time it was tuned was the end of november then put in a case and wrapped up, on december 25th it was still perfectly in tune! You do get a cable in the box but its terrible and you'd be better off buying a half decent one from a music shop instead. // 9

Sound: I don't really have a particular style and I play everything from acoustic and jazz to punk and metal, I know people say that stratocasters are the most versataile guitars but I personally don't like the single coil sound and I think that as long as you know how to use your tone dials, you can get any sound that a Fender can make and more out of a les paul, I'm using a Marshall JVCM by day and a Roland MicroCube by night with this guitar and with the Marshall it's brilliant, I'm going to be putting some new seymour duncans in next week and I'll upgrade the pots and caps whilst doing this so by next week, this will sound amazing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar's intonation was perfect but I felt the action was slightly too high but that was easily changed with a screwdriver, the pickups were fine the way they came and the finish is flawless, there were no scrapes, bumps or errors on my guitar. The strings that came on it were terrible but I suppose I knew that was gonna be the case so I was ready with my Ernie Balls on christmas morning :) // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is solid, if I knocked this guitar of a desk, I'd check the desk first because I know the guitar would be fine, the hardware was built to last in my opinion and the strap buttons are fine, I'd still put straplocks on just to be safe, the finish is good enough to withstand a nuclear blast. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm extremely impressed with this guitar, as I ordered the guitar off ebay and it was coming 300 cheaper than shop price, I was sceptical wether it was real, but after assessing the guitar, it's definitely real. I've often played on a friends Gibson Les Paul Standard from the 80's and there is honestly not that much difference between the two, the Gibson sounds better currently but once the new pickups are in they'll be identical. If this got stolen, I would find who took it, tear off his arm and beat him to death with the soggy end. // 10

Les Paul Custom Plus Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 11, 2010

Features: This Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus was made in China, 2006. It has a U-Shaped set neck with 21 Jumbo Frets. The scale is 24.75" and the neck is made up of Mahogany with Rosewood Fretboard along with Mother Of Pearl block inlays. Along with Multiple bindings, this guitar has a flamed maple top with a very nice sunburst finish. The Body wood is Mahogany with a Flamed Maple Top while the Neck wood is Mahongany with Rosewood fretboarding. The body style is, as the name implies, the classic Les Paul shape. The Bridge is a Fixed Tune-O-Matic bridge with a gold plated stopbar tailpiece. The Pickups are gold plated passive Epiphone Stock Alnico Classic Humbucking pickups. Like all other Les Paul guitars, this one comes with two volume control knobs (one for each pickup), and two tone controls (one for each pickup again). Also, it has a 3-way selector Switch to change between the two pickups. I modified the guitar by adding coil tap feature afterwards. The pickup configuration is the classic Les Paul H-H comfiguration, with two gold plated Epiphone Stock Alnico Classic Humbuckers. The tuners are golden plated non-locking Grover machine heads which are personally, really good. When I got this guitar, it came with a Hardcase as well as a really short Epiphone strap, which I gave away. // 9

Sound: I play a wide range of music ranging from rocking up rap/r&b/pop songs to Post-Hardcore and Metal stuff. This guitar originally could not handle that range of music but that was quickly solved with a change in pickups as well as a couple of new pedals. I use a lot of different distortion effects with this guitar (depending on the genre of music) but its mostly my Boss MT-2, Marshall Jackhammer, Catalinbread Teaser Stallion and Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret. This guitar sounds good with all these distortions and the wide versatality is definitely a plus for me. Different gigs give me different amps but so far everything has been ok for me. This guitar (with its stock pickups) has a rather full sound which is warm, typical of les pauls. Its not noisy and there are no feedbacks coming from the guitar unless I do something ridiculously stupid. However, the pickups are quite muddy, thus I changed the bridge pickup but I'm sticking with the neck pickup because its what I like. This guitar (with its stock pickups) has a range from poprock to rock and maybe a little metal but for hard crunching tones this guitar would be mediocre with it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was generally well set up when I bought it. The only problem from the guitar was that one of the strap nuts were loose and so the guitar nearly fell as the nut broke off. That was quickly fixed up when I next sent it for a set up. The pickups were well adjusted but for me, it was a little too low. It took only 20 seconds to readjust it so no problem. This guitar is basically there for looks, with gold hardware and Mother of Pearl Block inlays, thus it can't really compare much to a lot of other guitars for sound but its been perfectly fine for me so far. The bridge is well routed and the action suits me for this guitar, however, the only problem with this guitar is that the strap button broke off too soon (almost a month after I bought it, no serious gigging done yet) and that the bridge was a little oxidised when I got it. However, the guitar body didn't contain any flaws yet and its been a great gigging guitar for me for quite awhile. The only few problems in this guitar would be the loose tuning grover pegs (which were solved in a matter of minutes), the noisy pickup selector (which somehow happens to me with every guitar that passed through me so I'm fine) and one of the Tone control knobs which is a bit more counter-clockwise spun compared to the rest of the control knobs (solved in minutes too). // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a little heavy compared to a lot of guitars but the Les Paul tone that I am getting makes up for it. This guitar looks strong enough to hold through a lot of torture and I'll definitely be safe using this guitar without a backup. The Hardware oxidises more slower compared to nickle and chrome hardwares, thus I like it. The strap buttons however are not solid and I would be pretty careful with this guitar. Maybe its just me but yeah... // 9

Overall Impression: I play a wide range of styles of music as stated above and this guitar can potentially be a good match, with a few changes here and there, it definitely will match my playing style. This guitar is also comfortable to play with due to its neck and I enjoy it as my hands do hurt when I play with other guitars, especially for long gigs. I have been playing for awhile now and I've owned many other heavy rock/metal guitars such as ESPs, Schecters and B.C Rich, but this one so far is my favourite due to comfortability and tone wise. If this was stolen or lost, I would use everything I have to find it back as this is really a good guitar. If not, I would buy another one though its not cheap, compared to the Les Paul Standards and Studios. What I love about this guitar is the tone, the finish, and basically everything about it What I hate about this guitar would be the minor things that I had to fix. If not, this would be the perfect guitar for me. My favourite feature about this guitar is the Golden Hardware. Makes me feel a little bit more special about myself. I did not compare this with other products as I had always wanted to get myself a Les Paul for the longest time. The only other Les Pauls that I had tried would be the Les Paul Standard as well as the Les Paul Studio. This guitar would be similar to the Standard and slightly more tone compared to the Studio. // 9

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ Les Paul Ultra III 7.7 Electric Guitars 04/07/2014