Les Paul Limited Edition Silver Sparkle Review

8.5
 9.2
 7.8
review (1) pictures (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Les Paul Limited Edition Silver Sparkle Reviewed by: ratpac34, on november 15, 2010

Features: This is the 2009 limited edition custom shop model. Made for Guitar Center. Made in Korea. It has a 50's neck profile. Mahogany body and neck. Rosewood finger board. Tune-O-Matic stop tail. And a Great all over silver sparkle finish. Grover sealed tunning pegs. Only draw back's the pick up's are a little weak and this is lighter then the late 90's model. // 8

Sound: This guitar was exactly what I was looking for in sound and look for the band I'm playing with. I'm running it through m Line 6 Flex Tone III and I can get that great 70's Glam Rock to Punk sound I wanted. This thing will go from early Rock to Modern Rock no problem. Again P/U's will need to be changed. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Set up on this was great not a complaint to be had. Action was perfect set up for 10's just needed a slight tweak for the 11's I use. Being this is aCustom Shop Model quality is excelent. The finish is flawless and the hardware is top notch. Again P/u's aren't the best but new one's will do the trick. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This will be my number one guitar from here on out.Harware A+. Finish will last. Strap button's changed out for Dunlop's like on all my guitars. I have gigged with it already and it is a joy to play and look's great under the light's. Overall for a Korean built guitar exellent. I did call Gibson to find out the pedigree on this model and found that it is USA parts assembled in Korea so that's a plus. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar has exceeded my expectations in all areas when I bought it it came down to this or the Gretsch Dou Jet Electromatic in Silver Sparckle. I chose the Epi because the finish was much better and it was on sale for 389.99 down from the original price of 999.99. My thought was to add TV Jones P/U's and a Bigsby but now I think I'm going to drop in the Slash Alnico II's and be done with it and use it as my main guitar. // 9

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ DR-500ME 7 Acoustic Guitars 07/16/2014