Les Paul Nightfall Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 12/14/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Epiphone: Les Paul Nightfall
Takes the classic LP Studio design and shifts gearsblasting it into new realms of supersonic shredability.
 Features: 9.5
 8.8
 9.3
 8.2
reviews (2) pictures (3) 21 comments vote for this gear:
Les Paul Nightfall Reviewed by: zennith star, on december 14, 2010

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: ok to begin this guitar was made rather recently early 2009. Not sure of where it was made but for the price and how well it was set up it doesn't matter to me. The neck holds 22 med sized frets great for soloing easy to use and no fret buzz. The neck is bolt on and is kind of fat its bigger than that of my BC Rich Virgin or of my ESP LTD Viper but no complaints any guitarist knows no matter what if your good at playing you could care less about the size of the neck. The paint on this guitar was well done with a nice glossy clear coat over it although yet again paint isnt one of my biggest concerns seeing as how no matter what your going to f*** it up in places. The body and neck of this guitar is I believe agathis but I'm not too worried about that seeing as how I know that different woods make a guitar sound different this guitar suits my every playing no matter what its made of. The body style of this guitar is Les Paul. I know and before you go hating on this guitar I wasn't a fan of the body style till I got one for myself. Now I have a whole new perspective of Les Paul styled guitars. The bridge on this guitar has its down falls of course it is a floyd rose, self locking hardware ECT. I found it rather difficult to do palm mutes and Swift picking on this guitar. The Floyd Rose was just in the way when I got it but with a little tuning to the springs and lowering the Floyd Rose it fixed that problem. The passive 81 and 85 EMG pickups in this guitar are everything you will need but its more or less about sound prefference when it comes to pickups. If your going to change them out depending on what style music you want to play through it I recomend the alexi laiho styled humbuckers or even some Symour Duncans. This guitar comes with tripple tone set up as well as a three way toggle with cut away built in. Came with a free case. // 9

Sound: The sound of this guitar is emaculate through the right amp. I play mine through a Line 6 spider three amp and it suits it nicely. But what would a review be without its ups and downs this guitar is an amazing guitar for soloing but loses its pizzaz so to speak during palm mutes and during different chord variations. For speed metal this guitar is built for it for deep down tuned songs it loses its high rich full sound and makes for a really deep gut curdling sound. The amount of sounds this guitar makes depends on the player themselves but with that Floyd Rose on there its hard not to be able to make amazing sounds on there. Dive bombs sound amazing on it although if the rose isnt set up right you'll lose the sound to the frets. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was very well made as for factory to shop. The pickups on this guitar deffenently needed to be lowered some they were just too close to be comfortable for me. Like I said before the paint and finish on this guitar deffenently describes its name to a t. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can deffenently withstand live playing. Make sure to bring strings they can be there one moment and broke the next. The hardware on mine has lasted so far so I'm going to say they deffenently will stand up to most anything. The strap buttons are one of the only other problems I had they are a tad too small for the lock in straps so unless you plan to replace them use a reliable guitar strap for the guitar. I wouldn't really take that guitar by itself to a gig but that's due to the tuning of the guitar. I use a variety of tuning so to me a backup is always a requirment. Well as far as the finish goes any finish on a guitar will wear off its just a matter of when and mine hasn't so far so I'm saying its deffenently just like any other guitar on that aspect. // 9

Overall Impression: I play metal mainly but also a variety from acoustics to classic rock, even blues, pretty much just about any style of music this guitar suits with the right adjustments and playing knowledge. I've been playing for four years now and have been in a number of different kinds of bands and I gotta say I love this guitar just as much as any of my other guitars. The gear I own includes a 1969 Hondo acoustic, jbp cutaway acoustic, BC Rich Warlock and Virgin, Ibanez rg series, ESP ltd viper, Westone Pantera. Amps including crate, Line 6, rms, Ibanez full, and Marshall half. The only thing I wish I would have done instead of jumping into the decision to buy this guitar is concider that for the price it plays just as well as my Ibanez rg, ESP and rich and they all were lower in price. // 8

Les Paul Nightfall Reviewed by: mrgothexplorer, on october 27, 2010

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: I just wanna start off by saying I'm in love with Nightfall Les Paul. Its a 22 fret beauty with a nice neck, when your hand starts to sweat the sweat acts as a lube almost on your neck allowing for some sick sliding. It comes with a Floyd Rose and passive EMGs giving it a great sound. // 10

Sound: I play rock and metal and she works perfectly for both, all I have it running through is a Boss distortion pedal and its great, I've only owned a few guitars in my life and this one by far is the best sounding one I've had. The EMGs that come with it blow my mind, I play it off a Fender amp and it makes my friends jealous that I only paid $500 for something that can sound sooo good. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got the guitar from guitarcenter the action was ok, there werent any deffects to it and everything works great, I did some fine tuning with the action and its set perfect now, I've adjusted my pickups too. Everything was lined up properly. When I got my hands on it at the store the only thing I didn't like about it was its kinda heavy, but after you plug it in and play it the weight doesnt't even bug you anymore, I promise :) // 10

Reliability & Durability: Durability wise this guitar is set, I've bumped into things and its hard to scratch, as far as realiability goes at first my Floyd Rose was a pain to tune, like everytime I'd drop the whammy bar it'd knock my G string outa tune, but I don't know like magic it just started keeping tune the other day and hasn't dropped since. Honestly I would suggest before buying this guitar learn how to use a Floyd Rose properly cause the pain I had to endure figuring it out is the only reason I'm not rating this guitar a perfect 10. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is a perfect match for anyone lookin to start playing metal. The Floyd Rose mixed with the passive EMGs are definitely my favorite parts about the guitar, and everything else about it is right up there with the pickups, honestly if your lookin for something to shred with but still keep the simple design of a Les Paul look no further cause the Epiphone Nightfall is here. // 10

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ Worn Dot Studio 8.2 Electric Guitars 08/08/2014