Marcus Henderson Apparition Review

review (1) pictures (1) 20 comments vote for this gear:
Marcus Henderson Apparition Reviewed by: GolgothaReaper, on february 05, 2010

Price paid: € 545

Purchased from: Thomann

Features: This Epiphone Apparition is made in Korea, not sure about the year. It has 24 frets on a Ebony fretboard with a scythes inlay at 12 fret. Neck profile is called speedtaper and is very thin and fast to play. Body is Mahogany with quilted maple top and cool midnight ebony finish. Neck is set-in. Body is the Epiphone Futura and looks like a skinny Explorer. Bridge is Original Floyd Rose. It has active EMG pickups with 81 in bridge and 85 in neck. It has one volume knob, one tone knob and a momentary kill button. // 9

Sound: I play mostly metal and industrial and this guitar does both well. This is clearly a dedicated metal axe, but does handle other genres such as blues well too. I run it trough a Boss Metal Core or Metal Master to a Roland Cube 30X. It gives you the classic EMG sound with a rough touch. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar the only thing badly set was the bridge. It was bent fully to its back and caused strings buzzing against the frets. That was propably just because of climate change when it got shipped here in Finland during the bitter winter and was easily fixed up. After that I've had nothing to complain about it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: After the bridge was fixed up I haven't any problems with this thing. I tuned it when I got it and it's still in perfect tune after 2 months. Bad thing was the straplocks. The locking system was poor and it keeps falling off and I'm gonna change the locks to Warwick locks soon. I am sure it will withstand live playing after I change the straplocks. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal and industrial and other heavier genres and this guitar is a perfect match for this. I've been playing for three years now and this is my second electric guitar. I also own a Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 5 bass, Epiphone steel string and a Hagstrm classical guitar. I just love everything about this guitar and if lost I would buy it again. I compared this guitar to few LTD 400 series guitars but chose this because of the Original Floyd. Only thing I wished this was neck-thru nut I'm fine with the specs. // 9

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ EJ-200CE 8.3 Acoustic Guitars 12/19/2014