Noel Gallagher Archtop Union Jack Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 02/05/2004 category: Electric Guitars
Epiphone: Noel Gallagher Archtop Union Jack
2 Alnico V Epi '57 Classics Pickups. Chrome Hardware. 22 Frets. Maple Neck. Rosewood Fingerboard. Lam. Maple Body. Lam. Maple Top. 2 Volume, 2 Tone Knobs.
 9.5
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Noel Gallagher Archtop Union Jack Reviewed by: UJ_boy, on february 05, 2004

Features: This guitar was made in Korea. It is 1 of the 2 "Noel gallagher signature guitars". It is a semi acoustic archtop. Relevent features: Pickups - 2 Alnico V Epi '57 Classics Hardware - Chrome Scale - 24.75" Nut Width - 1.62" Neck Joint - Set frets - 22 Neck Material - Maple Fingerboard - Rosewood/Split Parall Binding - Body/Neck Body Material - Lam. Maple Top - Lam. Maple knobs - 2 volume, 2 tone Union jack finish Epiphone hard case also included (made for the guitar) Over all, I'd say the features are pretty sweet! // 10

Sound: This guitar is exactly the right guitar for those of you who play anything from "typical 60's rock" to Indie. It has a vary "oasis style" sound, and when plugged into a distorted Marshall, it sounds dam nice. I've played the guitar in a variety of amps (Marshall 45 watt, Kustom 30 watt, Marshall head stack) and it has never failed to impress me yet. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is quite high. This is expected of an oasis semi though, as it's got alot of qualities owned by an acoustic, and its more of a rythm guitar. Lead still damn sweet, but wouldn't get it if you're wanting to play Steve Vai. Pickups were spot on. You can tell this is an Epiphone product, as it does not lack quality. pickups are still as good as the day i got the guitar. I can't really bad-mouth it much, as the action, fit and finish were all perfect. It loox sweet! One thing I can say is that Noels signature is on the scratch board. As I've had the guitar for a year now, the signatures gone. I thing they put that in a bad place to be honest, but I'm over it now. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've used the guitar at every gig I've played since purchasing it. It did 5 nights straight in September, and it's still as good as it 1st was. I've not had to think of changing anything on the guitar. The Union Jack isn't going anywhere, if you catch me drift. It's laminated covering has been through alot, yet there's still no scrathes on it. Top marks there. The strap buttons are fine. They're as sturdy as they come. I often do gigs without a backup for this 1. Purely because i have complete faith in it. It hasn't let me down yet, and it most likely won't in the future. // 10

Overall Impression: I play punk and Indie really, and this guitar seems to cover both of them. I've been playing for 3 years now. I also own a Marshall 45 watt, a Zoom FX 606, a Yamaha electro acoustic, a Tanglewood les paul and a custom beginers amp. If this were stolen or lost, I would get this exact guitar, because it is the best peice of quality I've ever played. Talk about value for money... I love everything about this guitar, and more. It's exactly what any oasis fans out there need. And on a closing note...This Guitar Rox!!! // 10

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ Worn Dot Studio 8.2 Electric Guitars 08/08/2014