Noel Gallagher Supernova Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 05/08/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Epiphone: Noel Gallagher Supernova
Limited edition based on Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher's Sheraton, with 2 Alnico-V '57 pickups, a maple neck with split parallelogram inlays, a laminated maple body, and chrome hardware.
 8.7
 7.4
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Noel Gallagher Supernova Reviewed by: supernova12, on may 08, 2006

Purchased from: the guitar factory

Sound: I use a 15 Peavey rage practice amp with a Zoom 606 #2 multi effects and this guitar sounds spectacular with all the good patches (there are a few poor ones). The clean sound is nice and bright. It can really scream with the right overdrive/distortion setting. Any decent over Drive is just beautiful and really satisfying playing crunchy tunes like "cigarettes and alcohol", "whole lotta love" and "custard pie" etc. It can play any big strumming number, Zeppelin stuff, AC/DC, The Beatles and of course Oasis. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was quite high from the factory so I got a nice and low set up done and adjusted the pickup height to comparitively the same height that it came with from the shop. No flaws at all. The finish has been described by all Who see it as "sexy" and is simply stunning, shines back you really well. The neck is incredibly comfortable and you can really move fast, faster than my Epiphone Les Paul Standard. This is where it really shines. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Hasn't failed me yet. I trust epiphones and Noel Gallagher so I don't have any doubts. I take good care of it and once you see it and play it you will too. So, I can only assume that it will keep going. // 10

Overall Impression: Brilliant for anyone who loves the sounds of British Rock whether it be Oasis, Zep, early Travis stuff, The Darkness, The Music or The Beatles. I'd definitely get another one if it were stolen. I can't wait to get a decent amp to really let it go. Favourite features are the pickups, the neck and the colour. Kicks everything (Strats, Tele, Ibanez) except the ES-335 and a standard Gibson les but Who has $3000-$5000 to throw around when your 17- I'll still keep it even when I get into that realm of awesomeness. // 10

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ Worn Dot Studio 8.2 Electric Guitars 08/08/2014