ZV Custom Review

9.8
review (1) pictures (1) 21 comments vote for this gear:
ZV Custom Reviewed by: KillswitchBFMV, on september 09, 2011

Purchased from: www.imuso.co.uk

Features: This guitar was made in china, not too sure about the year. Here are the features; Solid mahogany body Black finish Black back finish Black hardware Set maple neck 22 fret rosewood fingerboard Pearl block inlays Single-ply white binding Grover tuners Rounded neck profile HZ-4 (Bridge) Pickup HZ-4H (Neck) Pickup 2 volume, 1 tone, 3-way selector switch. The guitar also came with a lead (load of s**t), and a hard case with a really cool graphic on the front. May I also add, this guitar has the most unique (and nice) body shape I've ever seen. half flying V, and half Sg. unlike an Sg, the guitar isn't neck heave and is really well balanced. Personally, I don't use floyd rose or any other bridge styles, so this guitar is pretty much perfect for me =] // 10

Sound: I mainly play Thrash, Metalcore, Death metal Etc and this guitar suits my needs perfectly. I use a Kustom quad 65DFX combo through a 4x12 cab, and it sounds amazing. I don't use any distortion pedals and this guitar sounds amazing, the passive EMG H4 pickups are really good for metal. I also play a bit of blues and jazz, this guitar can pull those off really well too, although the shape might not suit those two styles, it can definately pull them off. I'm going to give this a ten. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up well at the factory. I don't have problems with lowering the action or adjusting the pickups, because it is only a five minute job. The pickups were a little low for my liking, so I just raised them up and lowered my action and now this thing plays amazingly. The finish on this guitar is just a standard ebony black finish. It is very shiny, but picks up fingerprints very easily, so you should clean this regularly, but that itself isn't a flaw. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I haven't gigged with this guitar yet, but I think it could withstand live playing. I always bring a backup, just incase of string breakage/different tunings. I've played it hours on end in my room (I usually practice for about 4 hours a day..) and there has been no problem in the 4 weeks I've owned it. The hardware seems pretty good, I doubt it will oxidise easily or rust, and the strap buttons are solid. Being me, I changed them out for straplocks as soon as I bought the guitar, I have it on all my guitars. The finish on this is nice and thick, and will last a long time. I've bumped this guitar a couple of times, and so fat I haven't even noticed any marks or scratches. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said before, I mainly play metal. This guitar suits that style perfectly, and of the 9 guitars I've owned, (including an Ibanez RGT42DX, Epiphone Les Paul custom, Epiphone G-400, Jackson king v, Washburn acoustic (forgot the model..) a Schecter Revenger, an Ibanez RGA 32, a crappy First Act starter guitar and an Encore acoustic..) this is by far the best sounding and most easiest to play. I've been playing for about 8 years now. If this guitar was lost or stolen, I'd hunt down the little s**t who stole it and kill him. Then take my guitar back.. Obviously. I love everything about this guitar. The only thing I dislike at the moment are the strings its equipped with, but I'll be changing them tomorrow anyway. My favourate feature is probably the really thin, satin neck. It looks like a natural wood, but it is actually a really nice satin finish. Also loving the hardcase it came with. I wish this guitar had a shadow killpot, which I will be buying and installing in a couple of weeks. :) this was my first review, so don't be too harsh please. I love this guitar, I seriously reccommend trying/buying it. Especially if you are a zakk wylde fan, like myself ;) // 10

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ 50th Anniversary 1961 SG Special P90 Limited Edition 8.1 Electric Guitars 09/01/2014
+ Worn Dot Studio 8.2 Electric Guitars 08/08/2014