Eclipse-I CTM Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: Eclipse-I CTM
It features a solid mahogany body with arched top, a mahogany neck with ebony fretboard, 22 Extra Jumbo frets.
 9.5
review (1) 51 comments vote for this gear:
Eclipse-I CTM Reviewed by: DeathByStereo23, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: $ 1927.8

Purchased from: Dragon Music

Features: This nice baby was born in 2006, out of japan ESP factory. It features a solid mahogany body with arched top, a mahogany neck with ebony fretboard, 22 Extra Jumbo frets; oh, it's a thin you profile. The electronic part is composed of 2 EMG humbuckers, the 81 in the bridge, and the 60 in the neck position. Actually they are the best pickups I've ever heard for metal: they're bright, clear and powerful as hell. The bridge is a deluxe Gotoh Tune-O-Matic with tailpiece, and the tuners are Sperzel Trim-Lok. The whole guitar is finished with a stunning satin black finish, and a silver binding around the body, neck and headstock. It comes with a black hardshell case, with black plush interior, and a socket wrench for the truss rod. It's not so much, but the guitar is really astonishing. // 10

Sound: I play metal, metalcore, hardcore(not so much), and all the music styles that starts with "metal-". Unluckyly, I'm using a totally crap Fender 85 amp, that sound a bit too much empty.For the dist I'm using a Boss Metal Zone pedal(which is pretty good, but not miracoulously). The beast is quiet, but when you turn on the volume knobs it turns to a hell-yeah metal beast, due to a fantastic constuction, premier quality woods and EMG pickups. Actually I'm saving to get the true metal beast, the Peavey 5150 II, and after that my neighboors will be forced to use earplugs! The sound is powerful, 100 times better than LTD EC 1000 deluxe, that I also played at the shop. I'm sure that with the right amp this guitar will become the true metal deal, more than Jacksons or Gibson with EMGs. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setted up perfectly at the factory, the action is low an super fast. The PU were adjusted well at the factory, and in the whole guitar weren't flaws at all. The fingerboard is perfect, as the neck, and the body is solid as hell. The body is light, but powerful, and the finish is the best I ever seen. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't used it Live yet, but I'm sure that it can withstand it very well. It's light on shoulders, but powerful as hell, and the hardware is well finished and solid. The strap buttons are the biggest I ever seen on a modern guitar (strange fact) and I haven't replaced them yet. I definitely depend on it, and I wouldn't use it with a backup. The only fact is that when you play Live, you must have a reserve battery, for the pickups. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metalcore, death metal and metal, and for me is the perfect guitar, just like a custom guitar, but builded in the series factory. I'm playing for about 4 years, and I've already owned a Epiphone SG '61 Standard, and a Fender America Deluxe Stratocaster 50th Anniversary. Both were reviewed in this site. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD Xtone PC-2-12 9.3 Electric Guitars 11/12/2014