Horizon NT-7 Review

review (1) pictures (1) 19 comments vote for this gear:
Horizon NT-7 Reviewed by: the mighty dave, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: € 1600

Purchased from: Local Music shop

Features: Neck-Thru-Body Construction 25.5" Scale Alder Body Maple Neck Ebony Fingerboard 45mm Bone Nut Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Black Nickel Hardware Gotoh Magnum Lock Tuners Tonepros Locking TOM Bridge EMG 707 (neck) and EMG 81-7 (Bridge) Finish: Black I'm not sure why but mine arrived with an EMG 81-7 in the Bridge instead of 2 707's as stated on the ESP website but I prefer the 81-7 anyway. Controls Master Volume 3-Way Toggle Master Tone Hard case included in full price! // 10

Sound: So An EMG 707 and 81-7 - Brilliant pick up's for anything from Standard rock to Ear blistering Death Metal! Thats why I love the sound, I play mostly Metal and and this guitar gives me anything from the most bitting and screaming sound to the heaviest metal sound. The 707 is obviously a lot thicker and better for playing on clean. The clean sound has a little bit of crunch, perfect for rock. I wouldn't recommend this guitar to jazz or blues players! LOL // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was quite well set-up in the factory, even though I bought it from my local music shop I'd had it ordered in and all the salesman did was tune it before I came to pick up it. I changed the strings as soon as I got home, I put 11 - 70 's on, and set the guitar up accordingly, but I felt the thickness of the strings was too much and killed a lot of the tone of the guitar. I then changed the string to 10 - 58's (re-set up the guitar) and I think it's given the guitar a lot more tone and playability. Set-up correctly the guitar plays like a beauty however I did have some trouble with the Bridge as it was a bit stiff to be begin with. Extremely comfortable to play as the neck is a lot Thinner and narrower then any of the other 7's I've tried, very easy for soloing and getting down to that 24th fret! I Personally love the finish, it obviously needs polishing quite often but I put that down to a labour of love! // 10

Reliability & Durability: Well I haven't had it long and I haven't gigged with it yet so it's hard to say. However the Gotoah Magnum Lock tuners are incredibly reliable, I rarley need to tune the guitar and if I do change the tuning it only takes a few minutes to settle. // 8

Overall Impression: As it's my first 7 it's hard for me to compare but I've had a fair few guitars and this one has to be my favourite, it suits my stlye of playing brilliantly, it's extremely comfortable, great for Metal and just one hell of Kick ass guitar! // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD Vintage-214 9 Bass Guitars 12/24/2014