LTD AX-260 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD AX-260
Featuring a set-thru neck construction, an agathis body, 3-piece mahogany neck and rosewood fretboard, string-thru tail, and custom tribal inlays, this is not a guitar for the timid.
 9.4
 9.3
 9.4
reviews (2) pictures (1) 10 comments vote for this gear:
LTD AX-260 Reviewed by: HumanOreo, on november 15, 2012

Features: My Ax was made in Indonesia. 24 XJ frets are on this baby. The body is made of Agathis, neck-thru, the neck/finger board-mahogany/rosewood. Tune-O-Matic bridge, string thru body. 1 vol, 1 toggle, 1 tone. nice and simple controls. 2 EMG LH 300 pickups. Pretty good features, the one problem with the shape is the edge jabs into teh chest if you play sitting down. Other then that it's a wicked body. // 9

Sound: I'm a metalhead, and this guitar is perfect for that. Great sound coming from it. I use a Crate Flexwave 120/212 and it sounds really heavy with the guitar. One problem is that the clean is not the greatest sound from this guitar. It's ok, but not the best. But this guitar was made for metal, so yea, the clean isn't what should be focused on. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: It was setup quite well when I got it. No flaws, everything was right. The pickups were perfectly placed, although I would recommend getting some EMG 81s on there. But that's to your preference, these pickups are fine. Like I said nothing was wrong with it when I got it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've had this guitar for a day and well, that's not enough to elaborate on its durability. the strap buttons are solid, for a gig that's pure metal, you wouldn't need a backup but if you play some clean songs then I suggest another guitar. I'm sure this guitar can survive Live playing as it's preety strong and an ESP. // 8

Overall Impression: I play metal, and this guitar is perfect for that genre. Great heavy sound from it. I've been playing for a little over 2 years. I own a Barracuda les Paul, a Denver acoustic, an Ibanez SA120, a Washburn baddog amp, a Line 6 spider 3 15 amp, and a Crate Flexwave 120/212 cab. I wish I had asked if it played a good clean sound but w/e I wanted this for the metal. It it were stolen/lost I would buy either the Ax or the Ex. I love the shape of this guitar, looks like a weapon. Made for a real Metalhead. I dislike the pain it causes to my chest, but it's not much as long as I don't hover over the edge. I had to choose between this or the Ex 260. One of the main reasons wh I chose this guitar over the Ex was because of the fret inlays. Custom Tribal looks pretty awesome compared to dots. I wish it had a tremolo so I wouldn't have to switch guitars for some solos but other then that it's a sweet guitar, well worth it's cost. // 10

LTD AX-260 Reviewed by: MattRemmel, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Samash

Features: It has a Rosewood neck with a Design inlay. The body has a black finish with an agathis body. It has a string through body bridge. The pickups are two ESP humbuckers with a volume and tone control and a 3 way selecter. The tuners aren't locking but they very rarly slip or go out of tune. It is a very well built guitar. // 9

Sound: It plays very good with all types of music. I lowered the action almost all the way so it plays like butter and doesnt have any fret buzzes. It has a very rich clean sound. The pickups and Neck are very universal for all types of music. I play a lot of different types of music from metal to acoustic and it sounds great with all of it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is almost all the way down and i dont get any frett buzzes. The pickups are very good and i get great sustain out of them. The bridge is a through-body design and it is virtualy flawless. I havent found any flaws in it at all. It is a very high quality guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Very reliable. I have used it for 3 years and haven't had any problems with it. It is still playing just as good as it was the day I got it. The strap buttons are still as firm as they were the day I got it. The finish hasn't worn down at all over the years. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all different kinds of music and I have never had to change anything on my guitar. I have been playing for six years and I have had the guitar for about three. If anything happend to it I would seriously consider getting another one. I love the unversal capabilitys of it. There is nothing I would change. I have yet to come across another guitar that plays as well as mine. // 9

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD GUS-600 FR Gus G Signature 7 Electric Guitars 09/11/2014