LTD AX-350 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD AX-350
TI features a sharp new body shape and headstock, neck-thru-body construction, a custom "tribal graphic" inlay on the neck, EMG HZ-4 humbucker, and Tune-O-Matic bridge with string-thru-body.
 9.3
 8.6
reviews (2) 13 comments vote for this gear:
LTD AX-350 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Axe Music Edmonton

Features: These aren't in production anymore, cause they're only making 250's, 50's, and 400's. 24 XJ frets on this. Very playable guitar. This guitar's body shape's like no other, but a lot of people that see it describe it as being a BC Rich, which gets to me, cause I dislike BC Rich guitars in the first place. Tune-O-Matic bridge on it with a neck through body. All black hardware. EMG HZ-H4 passive pickups. 1 volume, 1 tone, and 3-way toggle to go through the 2 pickups. ESP locking tuners on it. This guitar doesn't come with anything but the guitar itself, but it's a great buy. // 10

Sound: I love rock, punk, and metal and if you're looking for a heavy sound, this guitar delivers it and then some, despite only having passive pickups. its got a full, warm tone on it, but sometimes, if the gain's up way too high, or the settings are off, you'll get feedback (having your computer screen on and the guitar within 2 feet of it creates static through the amp). This guitar's got its own sound, with a unique build I wouldn't trade for the world. I've played this guitar with my friend's Peavey 5150 stack, another friend's Roland Jazz Chorus, and my sister's Danelectro 15 watt Nifty Fifty, and delivers great sound through anything it's plugged into. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar's build is amazing. Having the pickup set up stock is perfect, and the bridge setting isn't too tight, or loose at all for any music style. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will deliver your way through recording or live play at any given point in time. the hardware's durable as ever. You can definitely play this guitar live without anything backing it up. Everything on this guitar's very solid. It'll go through hell and back and come out kicking more ass than ever before. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of rock, punk, and metal, and this guitar provides nothing but amazing sound for anything you put it up to. I've only been playing guitar for just under 19 months, but I'd never buy another guitar. If this guitar gets stolen, lost, or broken, someone's going to die, and I'm going to find another one if I have to go overseas to find one. // 10

LTD AX-350 Reviewed by: Deviantmind, on november 15, 2012

Features: The ESP AX-350 was made in Korea, but raised in NZ by a neglectful owner, Until I picked it up. -This fearsome beast delivers a warm tone straight from the two passive EMG HZ Pick ups, sitting above a grim tune-O-Matic bridge. -Mahogany BC rich warlock-like body covered in an evil black gloss finish. -Set-thru construction. -Three piece maple neck -One tone, One volume, Three way toggle. The one thing I didn't like is how broad and uncomfortable it is to cradle such a thing. I get jabbed in the thighs by the cutaway all the time. And I generally didn't like how wide it was. // 8

Sound: The AX-350 delivers a crunchy roaring sound that no other guitar has when I add lots of distortion and high treble. I have used it through quite a few amps, but the one I'm using now is the Marshall HDFX half-stack. For some reason when I am facing diagonal to the side of my amp you don't get as much width and mid to the sound, which is odd. You can also juice a nice mellow jazzy sound if you have the right settings. This guitar is quite suitable and all-rounded but it's never going to tear through mortal flesh unless you'v unlocked it's full potential, which is full distortion mode. Honestly, this guitar was designed just for metal. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I had no problems with the action. However I did have some fretbuzz along the tenth fret on A and D string, which was probably from the previous user. Gaybuzz. But ah well. Nonetheless, I received the guitar with nothing but a few back lashes. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has pure solid steel balls. I'v knocked it over count-less times, stepped on it and even spilled water on it. And to this day it is still in pristine condition, and acts like there has been no abuse in its history. I could depend on this guitar at a gig, but I would probably have to get the wiring fixed since the audio cuts out every now and then when I hit the volume. On the finish is a load of indents and backlashes, but an audience could never spot one! The AX350 was certainly built to last. It has indeed been 2 years with this, and it still produces some phat shizz. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm usually playing some chunk, and this guitar serves me well. I'd like to think this would be so much better with a Floyd Rose or a whammy bar of some kind, but since it is string-thru it's not going to happen. Anyways ESP I'd like you to think about that one! I own a beaten up bright cherry Fender squire, The AX350, A Walden Classical guitar and a Sonic Acoustic (I don't know what the series is or anything) And out of the lot this is the most expensive, coming upto $1800! Which has dropped by 300, so those who are thinking about buying this can do so and save some cha-ching. Sadly the manufacturers of ESP have discontinued the product, and added more guitars in the AX series. So if you ought to buy one, your going to be getting it second hand or looking at your bare palms. // 8

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD KH-2 9.3 Electric Guitars 06/23/2014