LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 01/16/2013 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
The neck scale is 24.75", 24 frets, pretty thick neck, but not unconftorable it feels solid and awesome. Like a Les Paul neck but nicer, also it has a sharper cutaway than a Gibson LP to get to those 2 extra frets easier.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.1
 Features: 9.3
 9.1
 9.4
 8.7
reviews (28) pictures (7) 138 comments vote for this gear:

Purchased from: Guitar Gallery

Features: This is a 2004 ESP LTD EC-1000, the LTD Deluxe series, it was made in Korea, not that it matters LTD put out guitars equal to their ESP counterparts for 1/4 of the price. The neck scale is 24.75, 24 frets, pretty thick neck, but not unconftorable it feels solid and awesome. Like a Les Paul neck but nicer, also it has a sharper cutaway than a Gibson LP to get to those 2 extra frets easier. As for the finish, the guitar I have is all black, very shiny, with albalone inlayed around the guitar and neck etc. Bosy style by the way is Les Paul style. It has a stop tail bridge, but the real beauty of this guitar lies in its tone, generated by two Active EMG 81 pickups. I could write a novel on these things, they are so clear, and they have so much heavy heavy tone but not muddeled in the least, best pickups I've ever used, and I have by no means a small collection, Fender Strat, PRS Custom 24, and I play this guitar 10 times more than my PRS for instance. Since I got this I hardly pick it up, the tuners are locking sperzels I believe, keep in mind folks, if you get the flame top version of this guitar you'll get dual Duncans instead of EMGs, just a heads up. My guitar did come with a ESP hardshell case. That about wraps it up, the best guitar I've played. // 10

Sound: Sounds amazing, I play in a progressive/death metal band. Very heavy stuff, alot of it similar to Children Of Bodom/Opeth/In Flames kind of stuff this hits teh nail on the head, I play through a Marshall half stack and a Crate Blue Voodoo, and in both amps this thing puts out amazing tone. No noisy feedback when you're not playing on the pickups which is awesome, I love the treble on this it's so driving, the bass is very very smooth too, not too raunchy. Tone wise this guitar isnt gonna limit you. Unless you like country or something, I would say this is meant for metal and maybe some borderline cool blues kind of stuff. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Facotry setup was perfect, action was perfect, pickup balance to eachother level wise was perfect, everything was in order, this guitar was absolutely perfect and new, not 1 single thing wrong with it, hell the GHS strings it came with hadn't even been played, this thing was sweet. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I use this and my PRS live, and this is my main guitar. This thing kills anything, my only suggestion would be make sure to check your battery in your active pickups (compartment in back of it so you don't have to muddle with the inside) so it dosen't die on you, active does mean battery operated for those who don't know, but it hasn't died on me, and if you have to change the battery it takes about 3 minutes, I tried it just for security. // 10

Overall Impression: For metal/blues kind of stuff this fits like a glove, I've only been playing a couple years, but I know guitars, I know as much as I can absorb about necks, pickups, bridges, routing, and I'll say this if you're looking for something thats a neck-thru kind of thing for easy easy access to the upper frets, where you can practically live, then this probably isn't for you, I would suggest a M-1000 by ESP another amazing guitar, but getting up there on here isnt hard it's just not prone to it, just imagine a 24 fret Gibson Les Paul, with active pickups, locking hardware for 800 bucks, with a carved top. If that sounds appealing to you go buy this sucker. I love the neck on it, the way it feels to play cords and lead on it, the pickups rock the house, it looks sweet, if this thing got stolen id go out and buy another one immediately, if you want something with more reach but the punch of this I would suggest a MH or M series guitar from ESP, I have played heavily on both of them and they have the same bite and more reach, but this has such an amazing body, it's your decision. // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: xnirvanax924, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Digitalplayroom.com

Features: I got the 2006 Vintage black model. Made in Korea, 24 XJ frets. Mahogany body/mahogany neck/ebony fretbaord. 24 3/4 scale. Set neck construction. Abalone flag inlays with model name at 12th fret. Single cutaway body like a Les Paul, but the cutaway is sharper for easier access to the higher frets. TonePros locking bridge. Gold Hardware. Active elctronics. 2 volume/1 tone control. Bridge pickup, EMG 81, neck pickup, EMG 60. Sperzel locking tuners. Came with a free ESP hardcase, but most dealers do not offer this. The case costs almost $100, so you may want to shop around to find a free one like I did. // 9

Sound: I play mostly metal and hardcore music, with some classic rock/blues at times. I play through a Fender Champion 300 practice amp and an MXR Doubleshot Distortion pedal. The EMGs give some of the best tone for metal I've ever heard. Highs and lows are boosted giving a great edge to the sound. The '81s rich, bright, cutting sound is perfect for lead guitar and fast metal solos, while the 60 backs off a bit and is great for rhythm. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the sound cleaned up. The only real disadvantage to the clean sound is the high end is a little too sharp for smooth blues style playing. The real strong point of this guitar is when it's played dirty. EMGs are some of the best metal pickups around and are used by a wide variety of bands. Sustain is nearly endless and pinch harmonics are effortless. Trying to play another guitar is almost hard because this thing has spoiled me so much. The pickups seem to know what you want when they give a nice loud high end on the high strings, then go back to a heavy crunch on the low ones. This combination creates some of the most intense sounds you can ask for, with a decent variety to them. Them EMGs, being active pickups, deliver huge output and could easily blow an amp if you're not careful. But when you stop, these things go dead silent with no noise what'soever. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Right out of the box, the action was great. No buzz anywhere on the fretboard, but still a very low and easy to play action. Pickup height was ideal and very good looking, blending with the body's contours. No flaws that I can tell of. Right out of the box, I was stunned by the striking gold hardware and trim, which gives perfect contrast to the gray/black body. Everything was aligned perfectly: wood, finish, hardware, tuners, electronics, and nut. The Earvana compensated nut gives perfect innotation and is perfectly cut and inlaid. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would definately use this guitar live, and hopefully will soon. It is one of the most sturdy, solidly built guitars I've seen. It seems like it will last me a very long time. No strap was included, but the strap buttons are great and I'm confident they'll hold strong. Although a backup is always a good idea, I would trust this thing to last through whatever. The finish on my Vintage black model is not a glossy-based finish and does not show flaws as easily. I don't think the finish will wear off and scratches barely show. It will stay beautiful for quite awhile. // 10

Overall Impression: For my metal/hardcore style, this guitar is exactly what I wanted. It gives the ideal tone I was looking for, with surprisingly good clean playing. I have been playing for about 2 and a half years. My only other guitar is my beginner Squier Standard Fat Stratocaster, but I've played a wide variety of guitars and can confidently say that this is the best guitar in it's price range for metal. It easily matches guitars that cost thousands, but costs less than $900. I am completely satisfied with this product, and if it were stolen, I would definately save up and but the exact same thing again. I love everything about the sound most of all, but looks are a close second. This guitar is Drop Dead Gorgeous and is a jaw dropper with all my friends. I can't think of a single thing I would change about it, except maybe giving it the ability to lose some of it's sharpness for a little blues from time to time. I compared this to my friend's Schecter C-1 Hellraiser and other guitars meant for my style, and this one came out on top. Nothing can beat this guitar for features in it's price range. The Hellraiser is a great guitar too, but when it comes down to it, The EC-1000 beats it in the details. The bottom line: A great, inexpensive guitar, perfect for the heavy guitarist. it's strong points are in attention to detail, from the locking tuners to the compensated but to the EMGs to to the ebony fretboard, perfect, nearly seamless, and beautiful. The only thing I have ever wished for on it is a tremelo system, but the tuning is so effortless without it that I think it's a fair trade off. I also had to wait through several back orders, which took over a month. This has something to do with ESP, so if you want this guitar right away, you need to walk out of a store with it, NOT order it. Amazing tone and a beautiful body, all for $840 is one of the best guitar deals you can find. // 9

Purchased from: J.C. Music, Meriden CT

Features: A 2007 ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe solid body electric in Vintage Black (VB), 24 fret, 3pc mahogany neck w/ ebony fretboard, generous abalone inlays and white bindings, model number at 12th fret. Mahogany carved, Eclipse styled body, Tonepros tail, active EMG81(N) EMG60(B) 1 vol bridge, 1 vol neck, 1 master tone pots, 3-way PU selector (neck, series, bridge), gold hardware Sperzel locking Schaller tuners, Earvana compensated nut, 24.75 inch scale, 2-way truss rod. // 10

Sound: I play mostly various forms of metal (death, thrash, glam, black) and progressive rock, and this is THE guitar for the price. The sound is sharp and aggressive on cutting leads and has sustain for weeks on end, every note is very clear. Properly balanced pickups enable a flick of the PU selector to go insanely chunky, brutal rhythm licks that demolish all and take no prisoners. I have yet to hear a better guitar for this kind of money (and more), and its sound is the definition of what a hard rock/metal guitar should be. I use EMG pickups on mine and they're very hot screamers, easily overdrive passive inputs on amps, but can sound very neat and precise when played clean. I've played this through a variety of amps and even with just a Boss distortion pedal it delivers bone-crushing crunch. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action made fretting effortless and without excess noise or buzz. I own another ESP (a bass) and the setup on each of ESP's guitars is near-flawless. The lock on the A string tuner was a little soft and needed tightening but considering this was on display since the beginning of the sales year it was hardly irregular. Required very little adjustment if any (just a tuning check before dropping half step). Intonation was flawless, high consistency through all frets. The finish was perfect and pictures of this guitar do it no justice whatsoever. It is a guitar to inspire the self and envy in others, with a refined yet agressive appeal. Much lighter than its direct competitor (Gibson LPs) but heavy enough to feal real and make playing enjoyable. The neck is superfast, and makes chord switching feel like nothing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Bottom line: this can be anyone, even the most agressive player's main Live guitar, provided enough care is given. I've heard this particular finish (satin/vintage black) is scratch-prone but otherwise ESPs are very durable. I haven't had this guitar for long but if it's anything like my cheaper (by comparison) ESP bass, it will be rock solid for as long as you own it, requiring minimal adjustments. // 10

Overall Impression: The only thing I have of complaint with this guitar is that the standard/deluxe series of ECs don't offer a tremolo bridge/whammy, however, it has other features coming out the @SS. For metal, you will be hard pressed to find a better guitar, and it's probably this guitar's slightly nicer brother, the ESP Standard Series Eclipse II, possibly the only guitar I would dream of replacing this with if it were lost or stolen. I love the combination of its styling, sound, and playability, that can make even a relative newcomer to guitar feel awesome all over when you pick it up and play. I've played with three or so bands now and I've never heard such massive tone. Our main guitarist for my current group is in love with this guitar, and he's a virtuoso Who knows his stuff too. The only thing I can think of as being negative on this guitar is if you like playing country or R&B. The PUs on this model (EMGs) are ok for edgier blues but if you want a warmer sound go with the ones with Seymour Duncans (JB & 59). Overally, I love this guitar (almost) as much as my girl. // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: punkgtrst096, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Moore Music, Evansville, IN

Features: This is a 2007 LTD EC-1000 Deluxe in the antique sunburst (ASB) finish. Made in Korea, it allows high quality components to be used, and only costs the fraction of an ESP's price. The guitar features 24 Xtra Jumbo frets on a set 3-piece mahogany neck (rosewood fingerboard) with abalone purfling and white binding (goes around the entire guitar). The body is mahogany with a flamed maple top that looks amazing, and a headstock that matches. The ASB model has the Seymour Duncan JB/'59 pickups, while the others (except for the VHB) have the EMG 81/60 pickups. There are two volume knobs and one master tone, with a three way toggle. Since my models is a 2007, it features the new Schaller locking tuners instead of the Sperzel's featured on earlier models. There is an Earvana compensated nut which helps improve intonation, and from what I can tell, it works. Finally, the bridge is a Tone Pro's T3B-T & T1Z Locking Bridge that helps to provide extra sustain. I rate this guitar at a 9, simply because the features are great, but it would have been cool if I could have gotten an included case instead of having to pay extra. // 9

Sound: I play mostly punk, metal, and hard rock, and this guitar is great for all three. The sustain is infinite, and I can get about any tone I want out of this guitar. With the tone knob rolled off and the neck pickup on, I can get that great Slash tone, but with the tone full on with the JB, it can rip some awesome rock rhythms, as well as insane leads. The cleans are amazing as well, very full sounding. I'm running the guitar dry, except for my Crybaby from Hell, into a relatively shitty amp, and it still sounds great. I've played it through a 6505+ and the tone was orgasmic. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Where to begin? The guitar was set up great! The action was low, but without fret buzz, the pick up heights were right where they should be. As far as the finish, it looks just as good (if not better) than any Gibson I've seen. The abalone purfiling really makes the guitar stand out, and the matching headstock is the icing on the cake. No flaws whatsoever. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had a chance to use this guitar Live, but I'm sure it would be fine. The hardware is extremely high quality stuff I'd have to pay $200 at least to get installed into another stock guitar. The stock strap buttons seemed alright, but I replaced them anyway with a black DiMarzio cliplock strap system, just because that's my preferred strap. The guitar is solid, and I've heard nothing but great things about ESP guitars, so I'm sure this will last a while, as well as be dependable. // 10

Overall Impression: Again, I play anywhere from metal, to punk, to hard rock, and this guitar can cover all three easily. I've been playing for over four years, and I've owned Fender and Epiphone guitars, and currently own an Ibanez JEM7DBK (not made anymore.) I knew exactly what I was looking for when I bought this guitar: I wanted something versatile. I do like EMGs, but after I threw a JB in my JEM, I knew that was my tone, so I had to get the LTD with Duncans. If this guitar was lost or stolen, I'd probably buy another one, but I might try out some other stuff (maybe a Viper). My favorite feature of this guitar is the toggle Switch and two volume knobs. I can turn the neck volume off and use the toggle as a kill switch and it sounds awesome. Overall, it's an amazing guitar, and I don't regret buying it. // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: creepingdeth05, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: I ordered this guitar in the end of January, and finally got it now at the end of May! But it was way worth the wait. 2005 ESP EC-1000 Deluxe, it was made in Korea. 24-fret, 24.75" scale, Rosewood with abalone pearl flag inlays (which look amazing) on the neck. This guitar is similar to the Gibson les paul, but in my opinion you get ten times as much quality for the price for the ESP. Two active EMG-81's make this guitar scream like crazy, you can find any tone you need with these. They master the Hetfield, Hammet, and Zakk Wylde sound. Two volume and one tone knob. Locking Sperzel tuners which are gold on mine cause I ordered the black model. I also received a free wireless system with this guitar, which was a very nice extra! // 10

Sound: This fits my music style excellent, which is mainly heavy metal. I use a digitech metal master with this guitar and it screams. This guitar has no scratchy/feedback sounds. If you stop playing, no sound will come out of it. This guitar can be used for almost any style of music, it is very versatile. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up amazing when I got it, I have no problems with anything with it. Pickups and everything else on the guitar are in great shape and work amazingly. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definetly withstand live playing, cuz it is used by a variety of famous musicians. These same pickups are used by Hetfield and Hammet in Metallica. Everything on this guitar looks like it will last a long time, and I can depend on this guitar more than any other. The finish is beautiful, and I dont worry about it not lasting. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mainly heavy metal and this fits perfectly for the style. This guitar will work well for any music. This is my third electric guitar, and definetly my best and favorite. If it was stolen or lost I wouldnt even think twice about not getting another one, cuz I would do it immedietally. I would choose this guitar over any Gibson. If you buy gibsons your paying for the headstock with the name. This guitar gives you so much more quality at a lot lower price. It is kind of expensive, but nothing compared to a price of a Gibson. I recomend this guitar to anyone willing to spend around this price range. // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: ironbird PPS, on november 15, 2012

Features: This guitar was made in korea about a month ago. It is a 24 1/2 fret neck. The frets are standard suze on a resewood fretboard. This finish is a gorgeous "see-through black cherry" as ESP calls it. It's like a deep burgundy, with thick flame. The body style is most comparable to a cross between a Gibson Les Paul and a Gibson Nighthawk. The bridge is the same idea as the Tune-O-Matic but it is more stable and locks. Active electronics. There are three knobs, the one in the middle is the master volume, the rear knob is for the bridge pickup and the front is for the neck. Also there is a 3-way selector in the same place the Les Paul has the selector. It is a dual humbucker set-up, like before, this comes with EMG-81's in both holes. The tuners lock so you dont have to wind your strings several times when putting new strings on. I think the tuners are sperzel. the only downside is it came with some allen wrenches and a 2005 ESP product catalog. // 10

Sound: I run this bad boy through a Line 6 Spider II 212. And it whips quite a considerable ammount of ass. I am known to play many genres, inside of rock of course. I play anything from Zeppelin to Slayer, and the versatility is very convenient. When both of the pickups are at full volume, there is some fret slide noise, but then again they are active. But the cool thing is the pickups don't feedback nearly as easily as the ones on my bc rich. And when you mute the strings with your hand they actually stay quiet. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: There were absolutely no flaws. I took it out of the box and all I had to do was tune the e-string and it played like heaven. There is pearloid on the 12th fret and it says "EC-1000" on it. All the rest of the inlays are abalone. When light hit abalone the right way, oh man, you'll crap your pants! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have no idea how long this thing will last. I just got it last thursday so I'm not sure how it will stand the tests of time. But I have heard from some of my older guitar player buddies that you prettymuch get what you pay for in the guitar market. And for $840 this sumbitch better last as far as dependability, I almost never have to tune it unless I'm really bendin' em, or picking really hard. // 8

Overall Impression: I'm true to metal but I branch off into jazz, blues, and japanese wierd scales, but this thing is pretty damn versatile. I've been playing about 3 1/2 years now. my other guitar is a BC Rich Ironbird platinum Pro series (I wonder where I got my user name) and it's a good axe but isn't a hair on the scrotum of the ESP. I think I shoulda asked the people at american musical if they could give me a place to sleep while I pay for this guitar. If it were stolen, I'd hunt that bastard down, but if I couldn't get it back I'd buy the same damn guitar, maybe something a littel cheaper next time. For example, have you ever seen wayne's world? You know how he goes to the music store every week and sees the white Strat and says "it will be mine oh yes it will be mine" well that was me with this guitar. So yeah I had to have, and now I'm paying for it, literally. I love the finish and the fretboard. And the harmonics. It plays just as heavy as the Rich but has higher capability when I really bend on it. Well guys just save up alot of money for this one, but it's worth every penny, happy hunting have a great day. // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: riseagainst821, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: I won't bother on the specs because everyone else already has. I have the amber sunburst model and it is just amazing. This is one sweet guitar that if you need a step or middle range guitar, this is perfect. It's not your traditional les paul in sound, but what it lacks in sound in makes up with features. First off, it is much lighter than a les paul. The sperzel locking tuners are great, much better than the stock grovers on most guitars at this price. The tonepros locking bridge is nice as well. I personally like the neck on this guitar compared to Gibson Les Paul and SG's. It not too thick but not too thin, just perfect. The pickups (Seymour Duncan JB/59) are crystal clear. If you are playing very heavy music, get the EMGs, otherwise stick with the JB. It could have come with strap locks and a case. This guitar is perfect if you ever wanted a Les Paul style for half the price with just as much good quality as the real thing. // 9

Sound: It suits my style of playing well. I play anything from early metal (Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, etc.) to punk to some Jazz. This guitar sounds great clean and distorted. My setup is my guitar through a whammy and NS-2 to a Flextone III amp. It has a three way toggle as any les pual style and has two volume controls and one tone control. I play a lot of rage and this guitar works well if you use the "Killswitch." The cleans are bright on the neck pickup and dirty on the bridge. But if you need, you can find that perfect sound right between the two if you need, especially through the Flextone III. I would definatly reccomend this for most styles of music. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: My guitar came set up well. The only problem I had was that it took forever to get here. I ordered it from Sam Ash, they had to get one shipped from God knows where and it took 2 months. But well worth the wait. I try to avoid online purchases b/c I have had only bad experiences with those. The action was a bit low and the intonation all messed and one pickup slightly lower than it should be, but nothing one trip to the sam Ash guitar guy and I was good to go. Other than that, no issues. The pickups are good, the strings and bridge were good. Just a good guitar all around. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have played with it twice on-stage. It has held up well. No isses. It will just have to past the test of time. I believe it will last for quite awhile. I never think you should use a guitar without a backup. You never know what could happen. I think the finish will last long enough. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impressions are good. It fits my styles well. The cleans are clean and the distortion can be anything. Especially good for a punk sound. Think Rise Against. But also good with jazz and some metal. Would deffinatly buy again if stolen or lost, but there is no way I would let that happen. I first had a Gibson SG for awhile, but I took it back and got this. This guitar flet better to play on and sounded better for less money. There are very few things, if any I don't like. This is one special guitar. Very rarely are you going to find a guitar of this quality for this price. Oh I forgot to mention. The abolone bindings are amazing. It's a great feature. The only thing I might do with this guitar is change the bridge pickup to a Duncan Distortion for more of a metal sound. But if you want metal, get the one with EMG's. Great guitar, should deffinetly consider and buy this one. // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: Mark G, on november 15, 2012

Sound: My style is mostly hardrock and metal, which this guitar was pretty much perfect for. Granted, the EMG81/60 combo really shines for metal and metalcore but it performed well for rock also. I was testing it through a Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50 with a 1960A Marshall Cab. No other effects, since I wanted to test the guitar not the gizmo's. It suited especially metal very well. Defined, yet deep and powerful riffs were easily achieved with this guitar. The sound is phenomenal. It isn't noisy at all, because of the EMGs which are shielded. The guitar sounds very dark and warm, due to the large mahogany body which is surprisingly light. The cleans using the EMG 60 were very warm and clean as well. This is clearly the best EMG active pickup for cleans, and complements the EMG 81 nicely. In short, this guitar has fantastic sound all around, although it is especially suited for metal. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up very very well. The strings were nice and low, and the pickups were properly adjusted. It was to be expected with a top of the line model like this. The routing was also properly done, no flaws there. However, the painting left some to be desired and the fretwork was flawed. There was a little paint on the abalone binding near the neck joint and the frets were protruding slightly, causing my hand to get stuck when sliding down the neck. Also, the guitar just would not stay in tune. I'm guessing it just had new strings installed, because the features on this guitar are known to be able to stay in tune very well. I'm giving this a 6, since I was very disappointed with the fretwork. A guitar that costs this much should not have these issues. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I do think this guitar will withstand Live playing, it is very light yet very durable. Everything seemed pretty solid, and I would trust this guitar to do the job. However, I would never gig without a backup. It isn't the guitars fault when you trip and snap the guitar neck during the landing. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is a very good match for my metal and rock music. The distortion is brutal and heavy, and the cleans are crisp and warm. I've been playing for slightly over 3 years, and I mostly play through a Schecter C1 Classic and B-52 AT 112. If it were lost or stolen, I would most likely just get this guitar again. That, or a Schecter Hellraiser. These guitars are very similar so it would depend on my mood at that time. I absolutely love the sound of this guitar and the smooth action. I did hate the poor fretwork, which needed to be fixed. My favorite feature is the large mahogany body and the EMG 60. Those just sound fantastic together. I compared this guitar with my own Schecter C1 Classic but also with a Les Paul BFG and a Les Paul Menace. The Les Paul guitars had a fatter neck, and the pickups were not as great. It is very similar to the C1 Classic, but more metal oriented. I will use it for my metal playing while my Schecter will do the rock music. Only thing I wish this guitar had is strap locks installed Standard. But hey, I don't think I've ever seen a guitar that has that Standard. Get this guitar if you can find one with proper fretwork. It plays and sounds amazing, especially for metal and hardrock. // 8

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: alexdanson1, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Rimmers music - Blackburn

Features: Feature wise on this guitar, I could not ask for more. With a mahogany body, set neck and a rosewood fretboard, this guitar feels beautiful to play. This guitar is also light, which is a great bonus, and an advantage over the Gibson Les Paul which is extremely heavy. The Standard pickups are also fantastic as they are EMG active pickups. 24 frets is also good, even if you don't use the 24th fret because it allows easier access to the higher frets, though the cutaway is also fantastic at doing this job, since the 24th fret is easily reachable. The locking tuners are also handy since the strings don't slip out of tune as quickly, also winding the strings when restringing is not important, as the locks hold the strings in place and in tune anyway. Lovely finish also, I've got the matt black with gold hardware. Great guitar. // 10

Sound: This guitar suits The Music style I play in my band to perfection. I play metal in my band and this guitar achieves all that it needs to and more within this, it also sounds good for blues etc as the tone of the guitar gives a great effect even on clean. I currently use a Marshall AVT-150 head and cab, and I can get a great sound from this with this guitar easily, really meaty distortion sound. Sometimes use effects such as whammy and wah also, copes well. The guitar is not noisy at all when not being played, and if you want you are able to turn one of the volume nobs down, and use the pickup selector as a kill-switch to eliminate all noise. However I would say that you have to be quite an experienced player to handle the EMGs as they are very sensitive, so Precision is important, but if that is there, a flawless sound is achieved. Also the guitar can handle being tuned down without a problem, I usually use drop C though I have used B in the past and it was fine. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: With the guitar being on display in the shop, I was able to try it out and get anything I wasn't happy with sorted there and then. There wasn't much however as the action was great and the feel and finish of the guitar fantastic. I did get the pickups adjusted for a higher output, but thats it. all nuts were tightened well, and have remained as such to date, 2 years down the line. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Definately withstands Live playing, played Live with it countless times and no problems. The strap on this guitar has never fallen off during a song. I can definately depend on this guitar without a backup, though I take one anyway, in case I snap a string so that I can have a quick changeover. The finish is top quality. It wears down in places and gives shiny bits around the guitar, which I think looks great, it looks better the longer I keep it. // 10

Overall Impression: The overall impression is that it is a fantastic guitar which looks great, and easily rivals the Les Paul, which it is obviously modelled on in many aspects. It beats it on pickups, the locking tuners, the weight and the finish I'd say, and for metal, I'd say due to these, this guitar wins hands down. I'd definately buy this one again if it were lost or stolen, I love it. I saw this guitar in the shop having looked around for ages and knew I had to have it straight away. // 10

Price paid: A$ 800

Purchased from: Sams Discount Guitars Online

Features: I own the 2011 EC-1000BLK Model, made in Korea, QC'd in USA. 24 XJ Frets, solid top, set mahogany neck, mahogany body, black piano-gloss finish. Abalone bindings, all the way up the neck and headstock, and abalone ESP flag inlays. LP-style single cutaway, 3-way selector above neck. Active EMG 81B-60N pickups. 2 volume knobs, 1 tone knob. Gold ESP locking tuners. Gold Tune-o-matic Bridge and tail. Came with SIT strings, which while not my preferred brand, were still in tune after travel from US to Australia. I'm rating this a 10 because a feature list and picutres online simply do not do this guitar justice. I have played EC1000s in Australia in the shop before I decided to buy, and none looked as good or sounded as sublime as this - for under $1000. // 10

Sound: I currently run a Peavey 6505+ 120w valve head through a Randall 4x12 slant cab with Celestions. I also run a TC G Major 2 effects porcessor. I play black/death metal and dark-country, and often have cause to use the clean channel as well as the ball-breaking Crunch and Lead channels on the Peavey. Previously I had given up hope of my amp offering any decent clean tones with my old ESP LTD MH100QM, but with the neck pick up on and a little tweak of the tone pot on the EC, this guitar sounds like it was made for jazz and blues. Switch the pickups to the 81 Bridge and crank the tone around to the top end and it's a beautiful full, powerful sound that alternates seamlessly between thick chords and ear-piercing pick sqeals. The range of this guitar, for the price and set-up, is amazing. The neck pickup is so rich and the tone knob, while subtle, is effective in taming the raging EMG for the clean, quiet measures. With both pickups on and a mid-range tone, it bleeds pure rock'n'roll. Full Bridge pickup and a strong lead channel and I challenge you to find a more evil sounding tone. Brutal, and not in a metalcore way - this is an aggressive, old-schooley black metal tone, with the advantage of a nice thick bottom end. I can play covers of Anaal Nathrakh and Iron And Wine on the same guitar and do not feel as if I am sacrificing any depth of tone at either end. Truly, a versatile guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The EC was set up so sweet out of the box I still feel as if I'm trying one in a store and will have to put it back on a shelf! So far, pickups are adjusted fine. Action is beautiful, but may need to be adjusted as the strings stretch as it is about as low as it can go without buzz. The finish on the guitar makes my eyeballs bleed with it's beauty. The black piano-gloss is flawless, and seems resistant to smudging. Will take more to keep clean than a flame maple or satin finish black, but when it's clean it's a sight to behold. The abalone selected for the inlays and binding is tasteful, offers a nice Spectrum of pearly shades. The fret wires and binding/neck wood are well machined and flawlessly joined. The only criticism I can make, if I must, is that the body finish and inlays/binding are so beautiful that the only raw wood on the guitar, the rosewood fretboard, looks somewhat mediocre. A little eucalyptus oil on it may make it glow yet though. All the fittings are firmly bolted on, plenty of play in the knobs and Switch without any latent looseness or vibration. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is built to shred, no doubt about it. I would hazard a guess that scratches will show up on the body, if its abused enough to be allowed to get scratched! The gloss is nice and thick and quite hard, so I imagine it would resist easy damage. Aside from the possible perils to the gloss, the fittings are bomb-proof and I have absolute confidence in the hardware. EMGs are the best, as long as you keep an eye on battery life before a gig. I would gig with this without a backup. Locking tuners mean quick string changes if needed, though I'd prefer not to have to. // 9

Overall Impression: For what I play, I couldn't go past an Eclipse. I needed a guiitar that had classical sensibilities, accurate and easy action, innate beauty and yet could be relied upon to bring devastating tone and rich power chords, flying solos and handle the extreme levels of sound required to play serious black metal and aggressive death metal. Sure, an explorer-style or flying-v style seems an obvious choice for that style of metal, but I also wanted to be able to offer contrast in my playing, haunting cleans and clear, bright chords. For my price range the EC was it. I also wanted the PU toggle up where I could reach it, which is a small but important requirement! I have been playing guitar for 10 years, and playing metal for nearly all of that. Only recently have I been able to afford to upgrade my gear, rather than adapting to entry-level stuff. I also own a Yamaha Pacifica 912 (with Seymour Duncans) and an LTD MH100QM with one EMG in the Bridge position. This guitar is a cut above them, obviously. But I have also played Les Paul Standards, Ibanez RG series, Jacksons and PRS while shopping for an upgrade... And I still prefer the ESP. It may just be my style and my hand size, but this guitar feels like it was made for me. It may be too small for someone with giant spider hands, but for me it is perfect. It complements my style, but is versatile enough that when I feel like chilling out and playing some acoustic/clean jazzy country stuff, I don't need to change guitars. If I'm pressed, a seperate tone knob for each pickup would have been grand, but seriously, for $800 I still feel like I ripped ESP off. // 9

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: Not entirely sure when it was made, but it is a Korean made guitar (against my better judgment. However, I was pleasantly surprised.) It is a 24 fret, with an Ebony fingerboard, Extra-Jumbo frets and ESP Flag inlays. Both the neck and body are made of Mahogany. It has a nice Black satin finish (Mine is the VB) which I personally think is fantastic. The EC is ESP/LTD's interpretation of the famous Les Paul shape, only better; with a slimmer body and wider cutaway. The bridge and tailpiece are TonePros Locking bridge and tailpiece. Not quite sure what the benefits of Locking are. The tuners are ESP Locking Tuners. Really helpful while putting new strings on. Granted that I had to learn how to use them, it really is so much easier. The pickups are the well known EMG 81/60 setup, with the 60 in the neck and 81 in the bridge. It has 2 volume and 1 tone. There were no included accesories in the box. However the guy at Mega's gave me an Ernie Ball instrument Wipe. // 10

Sound: I play everything from Relient K (kind of a soft rock sort of genre) through to Underoath (Metalcore-esque) and the sound versatility I can get out of this is absolutely amazing. I was a bit apprehensive about the 60. I knew I wanted the 81 because I put that in my previous guitar, but I'd heard some bad things about the 60. I was again, very pleasantly surprised. I am very happy with it both clean and driven. I run through a Line 6 Floor POD Plus into a Fender Frontman 212R (a solid state amp) and it sounds amazing, I cannot wait to try it trough a tube amp. As well as being great loud pickups, EMG's are also really great quiet ones too, all at the stomp of a pedal or change of an amp channel or whatever you use. I had the Drive channel up on the amp all the way to 10 and there was virtually no hissing. The More Drive channel was a completely different story. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory action came perfect. It was ridiculously low, but there was absolutely no fret buzz what'soever. The pickup heights were both immaculate. The strings that came on it were OK. But they broke a week after buying the guitar. I believe they were SIT strings. There were two flaws in the guitar, both of them very obscure, but still flaws nonetheless. The Earvana Compensated Nut takes up a little bit of space (3 mm) on the first fret, which I often forget about and end up playing on the nut. The other one was that on the Locking bridge, one screw was not done up and the other was completely missing! Not really a big deal, as I wouldn't know the difference between locking and non-locking anyway. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would very easily withstand live playing. The hardware will last for a very long time to come. The strap buttons are amazing, my straps has never come off, but I still will change them for strap locks. I would be confident in gigging without a backup with this guitar. However, I may be confident, but I'm not stupid. // 9

Overall Impression: This fits every style that I play, and probably all the ones I don't play too. I have been playing for almost 7 years and ESP/LTD guitars are easily my choice, they never fail to amaze me. I have had two guitars before this and this one beats them both. This is replacing my heavily modified Epiphone Special II and the Epiphone doesn't even come close. I did compare it to the LTD James Hetfield Truckster and the LTD Viper 1000, I didn't like the control layout of the Truckster, as I knew that the inactive toggle switch at the top was forever going to bug me. The Viper just didn't feel right. Overall, this guitar is one of the best that I've played. // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: Made in 2003-04 in Korea. 24 XJ frets on a rosewood fretboard on a very comfortable neck (think a Les Paul on a diet). 24.75" scale, and very easy to play. The bodies on both are mahogany, with a cutaway in the back for comfortable playing when standing up. Here's where the difference comes in. Depending on which guitar bought, one has an Amber Sunburst finish w/ a flamed maple top, while the other has a quilted maple black cherry top. Both guitars are similar to a Les Paul, just with a sharper cutaway to make the higher frets more accessible. Abalone binding (body and neck), Tonepros locking bridge w/ stoptail piece (which is locked onto the guitar so when it doesn't fall off when changing strings), Earvana compensated nut, Sperzel locking tuners, and one tone and two volume knobs. // 10

Sound: The Black Cherry EC-1000 is more of my preference because of the EMGs. Downtuned far enough and with a high gain amp (I tested it through a Peavey Valveking), this guitar kills. The sustain goes on forever, and the tone is crushing, but it can clean up when needed. Pinch harmonics are so easy to hit with this thing. It's really good for a metal/hardcore/metal-core tone, or even some punk stuff. The Amber Sunburst EC-1000 looks nice, and the classic JB/'59 combo is awesome for any generic rock tone. I really got to test Drive this thing at my local store (I practically work there so I get to do whatever I want, I guess). My friend and I (he works there) took a Peavey XXX 212 combo and hooked it up to two custom built 4X12 cabinets. With the amp on the crunch channel, the EC-1000 put out some of the most insane rhythm and scorching lead tones I've heard in a while. Pinch harmonics are easy to hit, but easier on the Black Cherry EC. The clean sound on this guitar is better than the other, so I guess that's the trade off. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on both guitars was low, and very easy to play. Sweep-picked arpeggios and fast scale runs were very easy on both guitars. The pickup height on both guitars was fine. The finishes on both were superb, with no noticable flaws anywhere. Nothing seemed noisy and there was no fuzz when turning any knobs. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could most definately withstand live playing, but anyone should bring a backup (just in case). The hardware seems like it could definately last. The strap buttons are solid, and the finish is awesome (definately not going anywhere). // 10

Overall Impression: My first idea of LTD guitars were that they were relatively cheap and that Schecter pwned ESP (that's what I've been told). After playing both, I've determined for myself that LTD guitars are some the best middle-priced guitars I've ever played. I recommend either one of these guitars to anyone who wants a Les Paul, but without having to sell a couple organs to get one. It's all preference, so depending on what tone you want (metal or just rock), either guitar can suit anyone's musical needs. Also, this year, LTD has two more EC-1000's comming out, which look even better than these two. So if you don't neccessarily like the finish on either one of these, you can pick up an Vintage black EC-1000 w/ EMGs or a Vintage Honey Burst EC-1000 w/ the JB/'59 setup. Definately go check one out. // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: aidandude, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: steves music

Features: This piece of art was made in Korea. I'm not sure of the year. It is a les paul body style (single cutaway). It has 24 extra jumbo frets. A thin flat set neck, a rosewood fingerboard, a solid top, it has a mahogany body with a 3 piece mahogany neck, a glossy black finish, a tonepros Tune-O-Matic bridge and sperzel locking tuners. it has two active pickups, and emg 81 in the bridg and a 60 in the neck. It has 2 volume controls, 1 tone control, and a 3-way switch. It has all gold hardware with beautiful alabone binding on the body, neck, headstock, alabone inlays, and I'm pretty sure the LTD deluxe logo is alabone. // 10

Sound: It is a metal guitar. you can tell by looking at the EMG pickups. It sounds great distorted and the 60 sonds amazing clean. I have mlayed it through a Marshall MG100 combo and I am currently running it rhrough a Fender champ 15. Let me tell you, this amp doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the eclipse! That's why I'm getting a Mesa Boogie dual rectafier asap. It has a verry rich and full sound due to the mahogany neck and body. It has loads of sustain! It's best for balls to the walls metal due to the emg active pickups, but I plan on swapping the 60 for an 85, it's just a personal choice. The 60 is great for cleans, and distortion, as is the 81. You can get any metal tone out of this beast, but its not as good for a Vintage sound like AC/DC. That okay with me because I'm into more of a death metal thing. I compared it to a Les Paul Standard, an it blew the Gibson out of the water, and for like $2000 less! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came with a bit of fret buzz but if you take it to a tech it can be easily fixed in a few minitues, the pickups were perfect. They were close to the string, but they should be with actuve pickups. Besides the fret buzz everything was perfect. It is beautiful! I got the black one with goldhardware and real alabone binding and inlays. It is also slimmer than a recular les paul so it is easier to hold, and it is a lot lighter. Although it is lighter it doesnt take away much sustain. it has more than enough, it basiclally a big chunk of mahogany with strings. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would definitely play live withot a backup. This thing is a total tank! The strap bttons are fine but I would get straplocks just in case. It the paint will last. It will scratch but every guitar does eventually. So far I have managed to keep my axe relitively scratch free. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm primaraly a metal artist. the emgs in this guitar werent made for jazz or rock, they are pure metal! I have been playing for 4 years, 3 years of clasical and 1 year of electric. I have a mini clasical guitar made by a local craftsman, some Yamaha clasical, a Squier Strat, and this. Next I plan on custom ordering a Jackson, then getting an M-1000. My only complaint is that it has a 24.75 scale and I would prefer something longer like 25.5, but that's just my opinion. I love everything about it, but sometimes I wish it had a tremolo, again its just an opinion. I compared it to a Gibson Les Paul Standard, an M-1000 and a bunch of other things, this was just the best guitar for the money. // 9

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: les_zack611, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: sam ash

Features: This guitar has some great features on it that wasn't on the EC-400. First it has 2 EMG 81 pickups or it has 2 Seymour Duncan JB/59 pickups. it has a 24-3/4' scale topped with a rosewood fretboard. Another feature I really enjoy about this guitar is that on the 12th fret it has EC-1000. It also has a classic 1 volume and 2 tone knobs like the older EC-400. The tonepros locking bridge and tailpiece keep tuning rock solid. Although it had some good qualitys, I thought it was a bit of a rip-off of the les paul, well at least the body. But through some consideration I noticed it had qualitys of many guitars so I got a better feeling about it than thinking it's a cheap ripoff of a Strat or lp. // 6

Sound: This guitar was made for distortion. I use a Marshall 100w amp nd it sounds great. The distortion isnt to heavy or to light. But really I think that the distortion is the only benefit from the sound. I have tryed putting effects into it but it never truly sounded right. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup fine. I played with it and it has never fallen apart. The pickups were alittle loose though, when I got them. The bridge and top are fine. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The hardware would definetly last. It can withstand live playing, guitar spins, nd everything u can think of. I accidently hit it on hard ground nd it just got alittle dent, no smashing or breaking. Well I didn't think that the strap buttons were great, but I got used to them. Its really dependable. You don't need an extra guitar for this. The finish can last for a while but soon its gonna wear away a bit. // 10

Overall Impression: Personally I play metal, punk, grunge, nd rock. I tryed out this guitar for playing this one from first to last song nd it sounded like I was listening to it. I have been playing for 2 years nd I own a Marshall 100w amp, Fender 10w amp, Crybaby classic wah-wah peddle, a Marshall effects pedal, nd a marshal jazz bass amp. When I was looking for a new guitar to play I asked for somethin different, something that someone can headbang to. Immediately the guy at sa gave me the EC-1000 and I knew it was the one. my favorite feature are the EMG 81 pickups. I actually wished it had a wah wah bar but I think it would look horrible on stage. // 9

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: DDT, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: zzounds.com

Sound: It suits metal and hard rock perfectly, many people complain about the cleans but Switch it to the neck pickup and they sound great, I can easily get a good Guns N' Roses tone just as well as a heavy metal sound. I'm currently using it with a Crate XT120R (not the best but not the worst). With the active EMGs it can get very loud (buzzing, feedback) around things such as computers (but that's expected). Once you step away though you can barely hear the buzz and that's probly just my amps shitty distortion. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Heres where I found most flaws, the guitar had extremely bad fret buzz with the factory set-up so I had to completely set it up starting with the truss rod, but then again many guitars require a new setup after they've been shipped. The pickups required little adjusting for a good sound. The finish was great, no flaws there all the routing looks well done. Once again I had a few problems here but most are extremely minor. Bridge pickup wouldn't work when switched to and you had to Switch back and fourth to get it to work (this problem has resolved itself, it doesnt't happen anymore). They were a bit messy when they glued the frets to the fretboard but it's hardly noticable. IN the binding on the neck there's not what I would call a scratch, but more of like an indent that's about an inch long very unnoticable. Everything else was as it should be, pickup selector works fine (beside earlier mentioned flaw, but that's done now) all the controls feel solid. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definitely withstand Live playing. All the hardware seems solid and feels like it will last a long time. The strap buttons are alright, but it's recommended with any guitar to invest in strap locks, wouldn't want 840 to go to waste if your guitar hits the ground. I feel confident in saying I can depend on this guitar and that the only reason I wouldn't play without a backup are strings. I love the finish, the Vintage black is great because it doesnt't show fingerprints like crazy and will resist wear, also the gold on black looks great. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar shines for metal (obviously) but it plays well in many other styles and I can get many tones from it. I've been playing for roughly 2 1/2 years and I own an Ibanez GRX20 (which sounds like crap compared to this) an old Ovation electric. I would definitely buy it again if it were stolen or lost. I love the finish and the pickups. I compared this to many other products including the elitist epiphones, and a few other LTD deluxe models. // 9

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: Rock.In.Peace, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: The first thing that I realised was that it is a lot light than a Les Paul which is good. The sperzel locking tunes are great they took me bit of getting used to from having a Fender Telecaster. I love the neck on this guitar it's so smooth movement up and down the neck is so easy which is an up on a normal les paul with a laquer back which can sometimes stick. Then the tonepro locking bridge is an added bonus. Pickups Seymour Duncan JB and a 59 a lovely set, but if your looking for a heavier sound go with the black model with EMG's. Unfortunately but not to bad it didn't come with extras like case or strap or anything else of such. // 10

Sound: The sound blew me away, I play blues, rock, metal, jazz loads of genres and it does all of them with ease. I play a Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue and it sounds so smooth and rich through that and I have a Trex Mudhoney Pedal, Jim Dunlop Wah, Roland FV300L. Fulltone Boost (to many to bother with) and the guitar sounds amazing with them all. This guitar can do everything and more! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this Brand New off ebay for like half the price and when it arrive it was almost perfect all I had to ajust was the front pickup as it had fallen down a bit. The action and the finish was beautiful perfect for me. The finish on the guitar is beautiful I have the Vintage honeyburst colour and it's stunning. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I play at few local venues and this guitar doesn't fail me I know I can rely 100% on this guitar and not need a back up. I'm a little bit careless and have banged this guitar a few times but hardly a scratch at all, the wood is durable and the finish has got better with age. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall I recommend this guitar to everyone it can play everything and like I said if you want it heavier go for the black EMG model. If it was stolen I would deffinately buy another one or kill the person who stole it. The guitar is an amazing buy and even if you buy from shops Brand New it is so cheap for what it is! // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: Hentsik, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: € 577

Purchased from: Second-hand

Features: My LTD EC-1000 was made somewhere between 2002 and 2004 in Korea. It has 24 XJ frets and it has a mahagoni neck and body. I have one finished with black paint and abalone bindings. It looks really nice. The finish and the abalone shines a lot. Especially at direct sun. It has a Tonepros TOM bridge and locking Sperzel tuners. It comes with EMG-81 in bridge and EMG-60 at neck position which are active pickups and need batteries. It has 2 volume and 1 tone knob, gold hardware, glued neck and also the Les Paul sustain. Well it has a lot of features that normal Les Paul style guitars doesn't. Well it doesn't have a Floyd Rose and HSH or SSH pickup configuration, but almost no Les Paul has them. I'll give 10 points for 24 XJ frets and locking tuners. // 10

Sound: I mainly play Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica songs. So I need both clean and distorted sounds. For leads the EMG-81 is great. It has a cutting through and sharp tone. It's also good to play rhythm with it. And the EMG-60 is nice for cleans. It gives a bright and warm tone. Two pickups together give you best of both. By using the tone knob you can get even more sounds out of it. I can use my LTD to play blues, rock, metal, basically anything. I wish it had an EMG with coil tapping so I could get a little more Strat like single-coil tone, but EMG-60 is enough for me at the moment. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: If I got it second hand it was set up well. Action was perfect, not too high but also not too low. As for second hand guitar it was a little worn, but it's very playable and if I'd change anything then I would change the nut with one made of bone. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definately withstand Live playing. It's 4 years old and everything works as it should. Strap buttons are OK. They hold if you aren't going to do some flips or jump around. Use without a backup? Sure, but it has active pickups so you will need to change batteries over time. Everything else is fine. Finish seems to last long. Though it has some dents they aren't seen very much. // 10

Overall Impression: I have played guitar for about 2.5 years. I have a Squier Strat, Roland Cube-15, Behringer TO-800 and a Dunlop Crybaby 535Q. Before buying the LTD I wanted to buy a Brand New Epi Standard or Custom. After I had tried them I wasn't impressed anymore. They didn't had jumbo frets and such a good access to higher frets. Also the pickups weren't nothing very special. I'm glad to have the LTD standing in in the corner instead of Epiphone. I play rock/metal/blues style of music and I think that this LTD is a good match. It has a good distorted sound thanks to EMG-81 and nice cleans, but it lacks of the Fender shining, bright and sharp clean tones. Well I already have a guitar with single coils and I didn't buy this guitar to get the cleans. I bought this to play rock and metal and it fits like a glove in my hand. Great playability, great tone, beautiful looks. What more could you ask? // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: Johansensan, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Bananas At Large

Features: I bought this used at a guitar shop in California about a month ago and it's amazing. Eclipse shape, ESP's Les paul type, mahog, body, Vintage black with gold hardware and aged triple white binding on headstock/body + white binding on neeck, 24XJ frets, set-neck, 24.75in scale, 3pc mahog. neck w/ ebony fingerboard, earvanna compensated nut and sperzel locking tuners. The 2006 model (first year in VB) is the only that usese sperzel locking (2007 uses schaller, 2008 uses ESP). It has a tonepros bridge with stoptailpiece and EMG 81/60 pickups. 2 vol, 1 tone, 3-way pup select. I don't Live in california and had to get on a plane 2 hours after I went to the store and the guy that helped me was nice enough to give me a discount on a case (I think it's an aligator, not sure) to safely transport my guitar. // 10

Sound: I play metal, mostly Metallica, Slayer and Black Sabbath and this guitar is more than perfect. I have an LTD EX-400 which uses the same pickups and these guitars are amazing. When I was at the store I ran it through some kind of Vox amp, I didn't ask what model it was and it sounded pretty cool. At home I pull it through a Marshall MG100HDFX w/MG412 cab or a Peavy Envoy 110 with Metal Muff dist. pedal. The guitar sounds amazing. the 60 is nice and warm and the 81 is so much brighter on this guitar than the Explorer. When playing really fast sometimes on the Explorer it gets a little muddy but on the eclipse every single note is as clear as it would be if I played slowly. it's incredible how clear and distinct each note is. I've played some blues and jazz on it (my guitar teacher is a jazz player) and it sounds pretty good. this guitar is very versatile. This guitar does very well when played on a clean channel, it's never overdriven itself like my Explorer has. it's unbelievable how different the guitars are even though they use the same pickups and woods. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I doubt the guitar had any work done to it by the time I bought it. It looked Brand New except for a few belt scratches I found on the back when I got home. the action, just as is on my other LTD is perfect. ESP/LTD do a great job with factory settings. This is my first 24 fret guitar and it's a 24.75" scale so the pickups are closer together than on my other guitars which took me a little getting used to, not long though maybe half an hour at most. The only thing that I've seen that's not great on this guitar is the G string buzzes every once in awhile but I found if you grab it and jiggle it a little it stops buzzing. That's the only flaw I've seen. This guitar is what I expect an ESP custom shop to feel like. It's perfect. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can certainly withstand anything. I'm trying to think of a saying to go with this but I'm drawing a blank. The hardware looks brand new and is very sturdy. the strap buttons are well placed and look very solid. Sturdy as an ox. The finish is very nice. No doubt it will last. I havn't had the chance to use this Live but practicing at home this works fine. I play at home as I would live and it's holding it own. // 9

Overall Impression: When I saw it in the store I just thought it was cool to see an LTD Eclipse and had no intention of buying it. After I played it my dad asked me if I wanted to buy it and I said sure. I only expected it to be another guitar and didn't expect greatness from it. When I came home and started playing it I instantly fell in love. It felt like I'd owned it all my life and had played it since the day I was born. It feels great. I think it's perfect and I can't say that enough. Before I bought this I used the LTD EX-400 all the time and this guitar trumps it any day. I wish I bought an ESP case to properly secure the guitar but I can always get one here. If this guitar was stolen (because I would certainly never lose it) I would be completely devistated. I wouldn't buy any other guitar and I wouldn't get another copy of it. I feel this guitar is the perfect match for me and nothing else compares. I love every single thing about this and I can't find a single thing to hate. This guitar new costs $900 so it's supposed to have high quality but it makes every other guitar (including my friends 90's Gibson LP) feel and look like trash. I can't stress enough about how amazing and perfect this guitar is. I recoment it for every single guitarist on the planet. I'm a very hard grader and I hate giving 9s and 10s on everything but I really feel like I should on this. it's jost so amazing. // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: vampirecorex, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: € 969

Purchased from: ProMusicTools

Features: My LTD EC-1000 is a 2007 model made in Korea in Glossy Black. It has 24 jumbo frets and a 24, 75" scale. The neck is pretty thin and non sticky, thus perfect for fast solos and any type of riff that requires fast movement along the neck. The LTD has abalone binding all over which looks awesome especially when exposed to bright light. The body is mahogany which gives the guitar a dark-ish sound but doesn't fail to deliver the brightness for bluesier tones. The Fretboard is rosewood and feels nice, but keep in mind that it needs lemon oil once in a while since it dries out pretty fast. The fretboard is really dark, at least on mine, almost as dark as maple, but I've seen some brighter fretboards on some EC-1000s. Could be either brighter wood or just hasn't been oiled for some time. The LTD features a TonePros Tune-O-Matic bridge and Schaller Tuners, so you don't need to tune every time you pick up the guitar. 3way Switch toggle and vol vol tone knobs. It features EMG 81 and EMG 60 pickups which are very versatile, but they're active so they're a little bit noisy. // 9

Sound: I play a lot of metalcore, post-hardcore such as Avenged Sevenfold, Misfits, Haste the day as well as rock and some blues and the LTD does it all with ease. This guitar was made for shredding metal but it can also handle pretty much any gerne. The EMGs are awesome but quite a little bit noisy, yet very versatile thus you'll be able to pull of metal, Switch the pickup and play rock in a matter of seconds. Some may prefer passives but I'm pretty amazed by the EMGs. I play it through a solid stage Orange amp with some pedals and it sounds quite good, but I've also played the LTD through a Bogner berschall and other tube amps and it sounded perfect! It has an agressive, metal-ish tone especially in Drop-C but with the right settings and less gain you can play anything with it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: My LTD is Glossy Black with abalone binding all over the body, neck and headstock and it looks stunning! The action was a bit high but you can lower it by yourself easily by adjusting the screws in the bridge. The pickups are also adjustable which doesn't take long, but they were setup perfectly so I didn't have to change the height. What I like most is the neck since it is pretty thin and non sticky which is perfect for fast solos and it feels really nice. For this price it was setup very well without any major flaws aside from some scratches in the binding but you won't see it unless you get really close. The LTD feels really comfortable, it is not too heavy, not too light and has rounded edges on the back so you won't Hurt your ribs while sitting and playing. What more could you ask for? // 8

Reliability & Durability: I'd say the guitar will definately withstand Live playing as everything seems built to last, no moving parts or anything. The only thing I worry about it the neck, as it seems to thin but I doubt it will break unless you want it too. I've noticed some color changes on the bridge and tail, but that probably comes from resting my hand on it while palm mutting, and I've had it for a year so I think it's normal. The strap buttons seem pretty durable and I haven't dropped my guitar yet (be sure you use a good strap). The Glossy Black scratches pretty fast but every guitar does that and unless you have the matte black version, you won't see any finish wear. // 9

Overall Impression: For Metalcore or any other type of metal, whether it be heavy stuff like pantera, or more modern metal like a7x or Trivium, this guitar is perfect for it! But with the right amp and settings you'll be likely able to play anything with it. It has tons of gain and just plays wonderfully, the fretboard is smooth and bending feels so easy, the neck feels awesome and the guitar just looks beautiful! I'm pretty happy with it and unless you hate the abalone binding (some people do) then you won't regret it, for that price. Otherwise go with the EC-500 which has pretty much the same features except the binding and Schaller tuners. Out of all guitars I've played (Gibson Les Paul, Schecters, Deans) I like this one the most and for that price (I think it costs about $600 in the US) it is unbeatable. Everyone Who has played my LTD EC-1000 was amazed by how nice it feels and how it looks. Plug it into a decent amp and you'll be blown away. I can't say anything bad about it beside the guitar being a little too heavy, but it doesn't bother me. This won't get stolen as I protect it more than my eyeballs:P but if it were stolen or lost I'd get it again, maybe in See Thru Black Cherry or another color but I'd definately get an LTD again. Pretty ipressive! // 9

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: TuxFriend, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: € 650

Purchased from: Muusikoiden.net

Features: I bought my EC-1000 Deluxe VB (Vintage Black) as used and with the original ESP hard case & strap + golden Schaller strap locks. It was built in 2006 in Korea and it has 24 frets, 24.75" scale, mahogany body, 3-piece set mahogany neck with ebony fretboard, Tone Pros T3B-T/T1Z locking bridge, active EMG 81 & 60 pickups and a 1 toggle switch. There are separate tone knobs for both pickups, but the volume for them is controlled with the same knob. This guitar looks astonishing - the golden hardware on the Les Paul-shaped non-shiny black paint looks great and it is one of the best looking guitars I've ever seen, not to mention owned. // 10

Sound: The EC-1000 has active EMG 81/60 pickups, so the sound is as great as the guitar itself. My previous guitar had the EMG 81/85s so I definitely wanted EMGs also for my next guitar. I love the sound of these pickups, as it's extremely clear and brutal at the same time. If you use lots of heavy palm muting like me, you'll love active pickups - trust me. And if you hate noisy passives (at least the cheaper ones), have no fear - EMGs have pretty much no noise at all, not even at high gain levels. I'm using this guitar with my Vox VT50, Boss MT2 and Marshall JH-1. The neck pickup (60) has a nice bluesy sound and it is very good for cleans. The bridge pickup (81) on the other hand is the one you want to use for harmonics and palm muting. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Since my EC-1000 was adjusted by the previous user, I can't say anything about the factory setup. Mine already had the action set low and the truss rod properly set. The finish seems perfect to me, nothing to complain here. I also have to mention how well balanced this guitar is. You could place it without the strap on your knee and it won't fall either way. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'd definitely play with this guitar live. It looks and sounds great, has high-quality hardware and there is no FR-type of tremolo to fail you if a string breaks. My EC-1000 has no scratches so far, even though I'm not even the first owner. Time will show how it will last. // 10

Overall Impression: This IS my dream guitar. Fixed bridge, active EMGs, great shape and finish, thin and well-balanced neck, great sound - what more can you wish for? I was switching my Epiphone SG for this, since it was too neck heavy. It was definitely worth it and I will keep this guitar for a long time. If it was stolen or lost, I'd get it again in a heartbeat. The other guitars I was considering were Schecter's C-1 Hellraiser, C-1 Blackjack, Devil Custom and also one original Gibson. However, the EC-1000 convinced me with the active pickups, ultra-thin neck, excellent balance (it's not heavy from the neck and neither from the body) and light weight. It was a choice well made. // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: axelvedder, on november 15, 2012

Features: Hi, This is a 2009 model, made in Korea, I bealive that any LTD Deluxe are made there! Its the Amber Sunburst with Seymour Duncan SH-1 aka 59 on neck, and a SD SH-4 aka JB on bridge, it has 24 jumbo frets on a 24.75" set neck with rosewood fretboard, it has mahogany body with quilted maple top, As you know it has the les paul kind body style but with that pointy cut wich make it look more agressive, Tone Pros TOM, 2 Volumes 1 Tone, Vintage honey speed knobs, 3 way toggle switch, ESP Locking Tuners, Earvana nut, Thin you Neck and Chrome hardware Amber sunburst is a great finish I prefer better a Tobaco Sb but its OK As you can see it has all you need especially TP TOM and Locking Tuners which are great time savers on Tunning and Stringin Lighter than LPs and belive me youll love this neck its smooth as butter Coil Tap would be a great plus like Schecters or factory Straplocks or even a Gigbag cause its a great guitar! // 9

Sound: It suits perfect for my style of music, wich is like Seether, Papa Roach, A Perfect Circle to heavier stuff like Godsmack or Sevendust, bealive me guys these pups are great JB screams perfect you can easily handle any type of rock or metal, dont get me wrong I know it has Alnico V magnet but it really screams well for Metal just ask Will Adler! Im not a blues guy so I cant tell much for the 59 just that sounds pretty cool on the amp for clean stuff Speaking of! Im running it straight through a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier with a B-52 4x12 cabinet on stage, on rehearsal I use a custom handmade 1x12 cabinet, both cabinets with V30s, no pedals, it sounds awesome I like it more than EMGs model (I also own another the SW model) only becouse fits better on my style obviously if your softer kind of music is metal then go for any other model of these ones with EMGs When I don't play it but Is on It has a very very little passive hum wich is normal Passive means Full sound, palm muting sounds excellent and cleans are really really clean, nothing distorted at all You can get any type of sounds for rock and even metal, from Vintage to grunge to alternative metal and the latest heavy metal stuff Always stays in tune, never fails only when Im practicing at home when I spend 2 hours bending and improving skills Way better than any Gibson Studio, equal or better than any +$1500 Gibson out there // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Almost perfect Set Up from factory, action was a little low to my Standard and the neck a little overbowed but its just me, I had to work on it anyways cause I use Drop D, so a little adjustment was needed Perfect height for the pups, these don't need to be as high like EMGs Everything on the right place, no flaws // 9

Reliability & Durability: I rehearsal every 2nd day and play on stage on weekends, it never ever fails After 6 months hardware looks and feels like new, I clean it up every time I finish playing I changed stap buttons to Dunlop Straploks, these are the best, I can tell nothing from stock buttons Sometimes I get very lazy and left my backup guitar, because Im very confident that my guitar will never fail me! The finish is like a good wine, it gets better with time! // 10

Overall Impression: Im the Second guitar on my band cause I play vocals but lately my main guitar player doesnt attend rehearsal so Im playing main guitar sometimes and even in some new songs I will be soloing, these guitar sounds better than his (he owns a Viper 400 with the same pups) I bealive that has longer sustain and palm muting has more beef I have 10 years playing guitar and I have own many guitars, Ive played many expesive guitars of friends of mine and again, this guitar plays equal or better If it were stolen I buy another ASAP I love the looks of abalone on bindings My favorite feature are the pups plus the locking tuners, I hate to string on Standard tuners Before I buy it I compared it with Epiphone Prophecy, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Ibanez ART and PRS SE mark my words THIS IS THE ONE besides its way less expensive If you are around the $700 USD budget you should give it a try to this awesome guitar, go to a dealer and try it out, youll know what I was talking about The only thing I wish is that in the future ESP make it in a 25.5" scale to improve string tension and better down tunnings like Drop B or make a Baritone model with SD pups Overall great tone and looks // 9

Purchased from: guitar centre

Features: features are pure bliss to look and also to play. this guitar was made in korea and has 24 jumbo frets on an awesome dark rosewood neck.It has an arch top cut away body in see through black cherry and is honestly one of the most beutiful things I have ever.it also has ace EMG pick ups great for brutal distortion and articulatored for acoustic and light rythm. with Bullet proof sperzel locking tuners it stays in tune also has tone and volume nobs too take a beating. // 10

Sound: This guitar has ace EMG pick ups which trough my 100watt Marshall shake the house down, and as I play Live at least twice a weak I have had chance to flaunt it.I mostly play metal which this guitar suits but also I have played solos such as comfortably numb and stairway and they couldnt have sounded any better through any thing else.I own a few other guitar and had bought a Schecter c1-plus before as I had heard they were related but I was bitterly dissapointed it sounded awful in comparrison and had very cheap looking hardware not fit to be in same building as my EC-1000. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar arrived ready to play and was extremely well set up no fret buzz nothing flawless finish couldnt ask for more.as I say no adjustment were made it's all completely Standard and still rocks. (misaligned bracing, poorly filed fretwire, finish flaws, poor quality wood, rusted or oxidized hardware, loose tuning pegs, poorly cut nut, poorly fit saddle, noisy pickup selector, loose controls. none of this is present or by the looks of thing ever will be. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The finish is great and will definatle last and so wil the solid metal hardware.the srap buttons I wasn't sure about at first they are also solid as I jump around quite a bit they have to be and they are.this guitar relentlessly stun when played Live and nothing has gone wrong yet. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is amazing I would recomend it to any one I would love to only olay this guitar for the rest of my days it is that good. if it was stolen after ihad finished pouring my eyes out I would by a new one emediatley. I have compared this guitar with my Schecter c1-plus which isnt even and also Jackson rhoads but the EC-1000 stomps all over them. // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: meridsa, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: £ 749.99

Purchased from: Live Music, Edinburgh

Features: My LTD EC-1000 Deluxe was made in 2007-2008 in Korea. It has 24 frets on a med-thick fretboard. The fretboard is mad of Rosewood and is very comfortable and is one of the most "slidable" and playable fretboards I've played. The Top of the Guitar is laminated and gives a nice Shine to its blue wooden finish. The guitar body is made of Mahogny except for the top which is made of maple for all finishes except black and vinatge finishes. The Body style is a cutaway with a slightly sharper "cut" than on the Gibson LP, this is so the player can reach the frets on the body easier. The bridge is a basic Neck-thru style. The pickups are active EMG "61 and a EMG "83. There are controls for treble, distortion and "cleaness" of vibe and a three way selector Switch. The tuners are locking which mean musicwise, that they keep the guitar tuned for a longer time. // 9

Sound: The guitar siuits my style of music (which is punk/rock/Indie) excellently. It has wide range of music styles to heavy distotion of metal to clean pieces such as wonderwall and handles chords well also but with a slight twang. I'm using the guitar with a Fender Pro Junior 15 watts without effects. It can't make the real overdrive/distortion sound with this amp so you have to buy a effect pedal if you have a valve amp without distort/overdrive settings. The guitar makes a full rich sound and is really good to experiment with. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is as far as I can see put together really good, its pickups are well adjusted and the wiring is good. I have not had the guitar for long but for now I have not noticed any flaws with this instrument. The only thing I find slightly annoying is how it is slightly hard to tune being very excact. // 10

Reliability & Durability: As I mentioned earlier, I have not had this guitar for long, I am not in a position to rate this, but the shopassistant told me it was a really sturdy and reliable guitar which would last me 40 or 50 years. As long as I have had it, it seems real sturdy the only thing I am worried about is the finish which seems as if it might come of with the years. // 9

Overall Impression: It is a real good instrument for my style of music and also has a wide range of sounds. I do need to say that if I broke or lost this instrument I woulsd buy it again because it is so playable and looks great. I even compared it to a Gibson LP and this guitar is the one I chose. Though, I wish it had a distortion knob. // 9

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: Stringslinger25, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Guitarcenter.com

Features: First of all, its the features that make this guitar. Solid mahogany body and neck. 24 fret rose-wood fretboard. Standard "les paul" scale of 24 3/4'. Locking ESP tuners that work GREAT! I could bend until my strings snapped and it would still be in tune. Earvana Componsated Nut really does make the guitar stay intonated better. Locking TonePros bridge and tail piece for easy set up and string change. Of course the EMG Actice 81/60 pickups sound exactly like they should. Very Neutral sound with HEAVY distortion output. Very responsive with great harmonics. Mine has the Transparent Blue finish which look great. Yes it is a Korean made guitar. But who really cares anymore? I mean seriously, the quality of these over seas guitars today rivals (but does not surpass) American made companies. It would cost you close to $500 dollars to add these features to a guitar (Pickups, Bridge & Tail piece, Tuners, Compensated Nut). It has 1 master tone knob, and 2 independant volume knobs. // 10

Sound: This guitar is at home in hard rock and metal. The distortion output is thick, tight, and powerful. But its not a 1 trick pony. EMG pickups have a Neutral sound that you can use for any style. The clean sound is very bright. These pickups work well with effect pedals. I use my Boss Super Chorus with it a lot on clean, and it comes through very well. But if you are mostly a clean player, these pickups might not be for you. They don't have that rich full sound that standard magnet pickups give. But like I said, depending on your tuning, the way you play, and what effects you use, you really can make this guitar sound however you want. Very versitile. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This Guitar came with not nearly as good of a set up job as I was expecting. The intonation was way off. The string hieght was alright. But the frets need some work. I got mine for a lot less than normal price because mine was a 'Restock" model so I am not too upset about it. But if I paid the normal price of around $850 I would be a little upset. To have the guitar fully set up and have any frets filed and dressed will run a bout $75. All things considered not a bad price to make this great guitar play like a $2000 one. // 8

Reliability & Durability: All the electronics are solid, and have a sturdy feel. Usually in guitars of this price range you wont have to worry about shoddy electronics. The finish feels fine. I would have no problems awith using this guitar for a live show. ESP is a name you can trust. I will however recomend getting strap locks AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Not because the strap buttons are bad, but because of were they are. A 'les paul' shaped guitar has the strap button on the top shoulder which is round and a strap can easily slip off. All of the fret inlays, as well as the Abalone binding are very well installed. No gaps, no large amounts of filler, and everything looks amazing. Over all a very welll built instrument // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is super versitile, full of top knotch features, and looks amazing. I just wish it had a little better set up job from the factory. But hey, I have played American made guitars costing over $2000 that were in worse shape. And a good professional set up job isnt that expensive and every one should get one from time to time. Once set up right this is one of the best playing guitars I have ever used. It is super fast and very comfortable. I have been playing guitar for 10 years, have taught for 4, and have been in several bands, as well as worked in recording. This is a great guitar for the money. Even if it has some set up issues (which most don't, I just got an unlucky one) after the cost of a set up job its still a FANTASTIC guitar for the price. I play through a 100 watt all tube half stack, and this thing always sounds great. I also have a Schecter C-1 Classic, wich is no longer made. My Shcecter is still my favorite, but the EC-1000 has a sound and feel all its own. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one if I had to. Check one out, you'll love it! // 8

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Guitar center, oxford valley

Features: I bought this guitar for much cheaper than its worth because it was dropped in the store, but it was a complete steal this guitar has everything needed for a hard rock/metal player could need, rosewood fingerboard,emg 81 pickups, thin neck , locking tuners, i have no complaints at all its a Les Paul body which i didnt think i would like but i love it , 24 frets i got the trans black cherry paint job and i love it // 10

Sound: Sounds great on a distorted muddy channel but also fits perfectly to a clean tone as well, doesnt buzz back on u, this guitar will hit any style you need it for but definetly shines in metal and hard rock // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: i bought this guitar and it was assembled incredibly the pickups perfect the action is perfect the paint is flawless, except the small chip in the back because it was dropped in the shop // 9

Reliability & Durability: i play with this guitar live and really dig into it and its always there and ready to go i could depend on this guitar for anything just make sure to change the battery in it the finish could withstand alot i put strap locks on it // 10

Overall Impression: great for metal and hard rock like i said i play through a randal cabinet and have been playing for years if i lost this guitar i would buy it again in a heartbeat only thing its lacking that i personally look for is an ebony fretboard but i can look past it // 9

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: davidrf, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Sam's Discount Music

Features: It's a 2011 guitar, made in Korea. The included accessories are... None! Only the guitar in its box... Not a gigbag, not a strap, not a pick... Nothing! A bit disappointing for a guitar that usually retails at 800$, but the guitar itself is worth more than its cost, so... // 5

Sound: My model is the MGO with Alnico II Pro pickups, perfect for rock/hard rock. I use the guitar with a Fender Mustang III amp, but it'd deserve a valve amp I guess. It's never noisy, the sound is full and warm. I'm going to make a modification so I can split the humbuckers and put them out of phase... To increase versatility. Overall, I think it's an incredibly good guitar for its price. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: For the first time in my life I've seen a guitar almost perfectly set-up out of the box. I couldn't believe it. The action was perfect, the strings quite good. I checked very deeply every inch of the guitar and I haven't found a single flaw. Months ago I bought a Les Paul Studio and I was shocked about the incredibly poor setup and quality control (even a uneven fret). This LTD is another world. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar is extremely well built and durable. Furthermore, it's thin an light compared to any Les Paul. It's solid and I think I can depend on it on every circumstance. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock/classic rock/hard rock/alternative rock. Combined with a Stratocaster, this guitar gives me every single sound I want. It's very good for Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and so on. I had a Les Paul Studio which I sold, and even if I loved it there's no comparison with this LTD... The built and overall quality, and the quality control are just a world ahead. I will definitely buy again this guitar. The only thing I wish this guitar had is more accessories, but that's a really small flaw if we look at the big picture. // 10

LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Reviewed by: GuitarRhiger, on january 16, 2013

Features: I don't know when it was made, but it was made in Korea. It is shaped like a Les Paul, but has a little deeper cutaway, so it's more comfortable to reach the highest notes, it has 24 frets. It's body and neck is mahogany while the fretboard is rosewood. The finish on mine is see thru black cherry, and it looks really cool, and a bit evil. It is loaded with two active EMG humbuckers, the 81 in the bridge and the 60 in the neck. With this sharp and evil look, and these pickups, this guitar both look and sounds like a metalmachine, but it's not for metal only, it can be used for so many different things! // 8

Sound: Like I said above this suites most genres. I myself play death metal, thrash, metalcore and all that heavy stuff, but I also like to play blues. Settings: low at about 8, mid at 4, high at 8,5. This guitar has the EMG's which is fantastic. The 81 in the bridge gives that warm distortion tone, and chunky palm mutes, I don't really use bridge pickups for lead sounds, but it gives you that clarity, if you want to cut thru more. The 60 in the neck sounds amazing for clean sounds. EMG's quick pin connectors allowed me to quickly change pickup, so I replaced the 60 with a 85, but it lacked that awesome warm and clear clean tone, through I thought the 85 was better for high distorted leads, I switched back to the 60. I'm really happy with the sound of this guitar, I don't think I'm ever gonna find a metalsound that's as good as the 81. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It had a lot of buzz to the lower strings, so a thrus rud adjustment was needed. I adjusted the pickup height, put new strings on and of course tuned it. Everything else was fine, I quickly felt really comfortable with it. I just enjoyed looking at the beautiful finish, and the pearl inlays makes it extra "deluxe" as the headstock says. I think this guitar is really playable, and after two months I picked my old Epiphone Explorer up, and I was suprised to find that I could feel a big difference in the action. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The thing is, I live in Denmark, and I bought this when I was on vacation in the US, because the gear is so much cheaper:O and the guitar didn't take any damage on the way home (a looong trip btw) so it sure withstands something, but it's hard to say, I never bring it outside my house, because I'm a bassist for my band, I only play guitar at home for fun (this guitar is good for fun ;)) but it survived two times that I dropped it, it got a little scratch nothing else. There is not a part that has come loose yet. // 8

Overall Impression: Best guitar I will probably ever own, I will never upgrade unless if it broke. But if it was stolen or broken, I would probably buy something else just to try something new, maybe in the same price category. The gear I use: amp: Marshall MHZ40 Haze, pedals: Boss Mega Distortion (for metal), MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion (for blues and rock), Haze amp built in effects (chorus, reverb, vibe), Behringer wah wah pedal. Compared to my other axes this is superior, I still love to play them old guitars, but it's the LTD which is my main guitar, and I know that it would never let me down, I love it. // 9

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD JH-600 8.7 Electric Guitars 12/22/2014