LTD EC-100 QM Review

8.1
reviews (14) 13 comments vote for this gear:
LTD EC-100 QM Reviewed by: mrbungle50221, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: GAK

Features: The guitar was made in indonesia in 2006. It has an agathis body with a beautiful quilted maple top. The neck is quite thick with 24 jumbo frets. The Tune-O-Matic with stop tailpiece makes it very simple to palm mute. It's got 2 ESP LH-150 Humbuckers that I would change to EMGs cause they are not very clear when disorted if that makes sense!. The controls are volume-volume-tone with a 3-way pickup selector. // 9

Sound: The sound is good for heavy stuff and is good for punk and metal. I play a lot of Trivium, Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, and Dream Theater on it and it suits them all very well. This guitar suites my needs very well, although like I said it does tend to get a bit muddy and unclear on low string riffs, also pinch harmonics don't seem to squeal well on this but EMG's should fix that. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The Guitar was very well set up at the factory, the intonation was perfect so was the action (low as possible without fret buzz) I did raise the bridge pickup however this is due to personal preference. The quilted maple top on this guitar is beautiful. however due to the semi see through paint my guitar body seems to be made from 2 seperate pieces of wood glued together because there's a sudden change in the wood grain pattern with a seam line going all the way down, I'll try and get a pic of it in my profile if I have chance. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very reliable. The strap buttons are solid. Iv had no drops so far and I tend to jump around a bit when I play guitar so they must be pretty good. I would definatly play this guitar live although I would have a backup just in case because you never know what might happen. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is great. I've had it for about a year and it is still as good as the first day I got it. It is good for playin a lot of styles of rock, especially metal. Just get some new pickups (I recommend active EMG's) and maybe some new new tuning pegs and it is a great guitar for the 190 I spent on it brand new. I would also like to point out iv had no problems like the other people have mentioned such as string buzz and bad strap buttons I guess that's due to the fact mines an 06 model rather than an 04 so ESP must have improved it since then. so overall a great guitar, I honestly think it's as good as an Epiphone Les Paul whick are like 300+ if not better due to the 24 frets and much better finish. // 10

Purchased from: Sandvika music senter

Features: This mid-range prices ESP Ltd was made in 2009, and features a basswood body with a quilted maple top, maple neck with Esp's thin neck contour, rosewood fretboard with standard dot inlays, Esp's own LH-100 pickups, ESP tuners, tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece, two volume knobs, one tone knob, and a 3-way toggle switch. When I bought it I was looking for a good guitar for metal and rock mainly, and I really got it! I only miss some better tuners and a better nut, because the guitar tends to go out of tune. I also missed some better pickups, so I installed some Seymour Duncans. But the ESP pickups are very good. I bought an ESP LTD EX-400 a year later, which costed me around $1500, and I've still used this instead of the EX in several occations. // 7

Sound: I play mainly metal (Iron Maiden, Dimmu Borgir, All That Remains, Alice Cooper, Nightwish) and this guitar rocks. The ESP LH-100 pickups are full of sound and richness. Good harmonics and just a small amount of noise when not touching the strings, even with the gain quite high. Not the best pickups for soloing and shredding, but they'll do the job if you're not a pro. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Can't comment about the factory setup, the store set it up before I bought it. But the action can be quite low without fretbuzz. And I've never needed to adjust the neck when I have changed string gauge. The pickups were I bit low for my preferences, and the intonation was not spot on, but both is an easy fix. No problems with the finish, looks beautiful still! Mine is in See Trought Black. Just wipe over it with some cleaning from time to time. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've used this guitar several times live with my band, and apart from one time when the G string jumped down a half step just before a song, it's been good. That was probably me failing when I changes strings the night before A week after I got it, the tone knob fell of and the jack output began to loosen up, but the store I bought it from fixed it in minutes for free. But I don't think you can expect anything else from a quite cheap corean made guitar. I will always bring a backup, because I don't think I can fully depend on it. But I haven't had any problems apart from those I've mentioned. // 5

Overall Impression: I'm not the guy who says 10 on all and says it's the best guitar ever. I don't think there is a "best guitar", and everyone has a different taste. But for me, playing metal and having quite big hands and long fingers, this guitar is very good! Some minor errors, but again; you really can't expect anything else from a guitar like this. I study music in high school, and this is my main guitar for school work, and mostly everything else. I would reccomend everyone considering buying this guitar to try it first. And not only the same model, but the ACTUAL guitar you are buying, to see if there is any major errors you don't like. But overall, a good guitar for metal and heavy rock, not to much a solo guitar, but rhythmwise, it's awesome! // 8

LTD EC-100 QM Reviewed by: iloveslipknot, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Andertons Music co. Guildford

Features: My 100QM was made in china but I don't know about the year. It is a 24 X-jumbo fret Les Paul design guitar with a basswood body, maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. T-O-M bridge and a 4.2cm Standard nut. Black nickle hardware on mine as its the see-through black cherry colour. 3-way selector with 2 pickups, one right next to the neck and one closr to the bridge. ESP tuners and ESP L.H-150 pickups. // 10

Sound: I don't really have a music style so I just play whatever I want when I feel like it. This guitar works great for anything I feel like playing and can get a great sound for pretty much anything. I use this guitar with some crappy amp that came with my original guitar, I plan to replace it as soon as I can (so I'm not going to mistakingly judge the sound of the guitar based on that), an OD-300 Behringer distortion pedal, a Behringer digital delay pedal (I can't remember exactly what its called) and the Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion pedal. It works great with this stuff besides the amp which I don't think would work well with aything lol. I find the pickups to be quite good at stopping high feedback but even on quiet volumes I hear hum, I like to think this is because I don't have access to any decent amps and other reviews I've seen that hasn't been a problem. The guitar has a decent range of sounds it can make but I would prefer it if it had an extra tone control. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is fantastic on ths guitar, its close to the frets for ease when playing but I don't get any fret buzz. One of the screws holdint the pickups in place has come loose after just a few months of use, this doesn't affect how the pickup works it just means it wobbles around a bit. The master tone control has also come loose and often falls of if the guitar gets tipped much further than a 90 degree angle. These are not major issues however and can be easily fixed, its just annoying that after only a few months of se this has happened. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have played on a couple of live gigs with this guitar and I'm very happy of the performance it gave. The hardware has not corroded at all and I think it will last for a while, some of the paintwork has chipped off but thats just my careless nature in my small room... I'm confident in using this guitar live but I would ALWAYS have a backup, no matter wwhat guitar I have. The strap buttons have never given out on me so I think they work amazingly. // 9

Overall Impression: as i mentioned earlier I play a large variety of music and this guitar can get great sound for all of them. I've been playing around 10 and a half months now and all the other gear I own I mentioned earlier in the "SOUND" section of the review (yeh I don't have much, but I'm planning to get a Peavy VYPYR amp soon) if it was stolen I wwold probably like to replace it but I'm in the sort of mindset where I want my next guitar to be a hell of a lot better than this one so I woud probably just save up money and get somethng better. What I love is the see throuh cherry colour and how on the cutaway the sticky-out part has more of a point on it than most les pauls. I wish it had something like a floyd-rose, but then again, who wouldn't want one? But seriously, I really do think this guitar has everything you could hope for in this price range and in my opinion it blows any Epiphone copy in this price range straight out of the water. // 10

LTD EC-100 QM Reviewed by: jakelovesguitar, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Dolphin Music

Features: On Dolphin music it says 'The ESP Guitars EC 100QM 6-String Les Paul-style Electric Guitar. Rocking Single-Cut electric, with quilted maple top, at an incredible price.' These words are defiantly true. The guitar itself is in a stunning Cherry Sunburst and look mind blowing under natural and stage light. The Guitar features are... Bolt-On Construction 24.75" Scale Basswood Body Quilted Maple Top Maple Neck Rosewood Fingerboard 42mm Standard Nut Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Chrome Hardware (Black Nickel for STBLK & STBC) ESP Tuners TOM Bridge & Tailpiece ESP LH-150 (B & N) p.u. // 10

Sound: This guitar is brilliant for every style of music but I love to play Metal/Metalcore. It works brilliantly, although pinch harmonics are only alright I think a replacement of pick ups would work a dream. I'm currently using a Roland Cube 15X and on clean and distortion it sound fantastic. It gives a heavy crunch, and yet a bright, crisp, clean sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was brilliantly set up factory wise, the action is just brilliant, and finish as I have said stunning. The only thing I would change are the tuners and the stock strings but thats just a personal feel. I don't know why people are talking rubbish about the strap buttons, I have NOT had one problem with them. The guitar stays in tune very well in my opinion. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Will this guitar withstand live playing? I think it will. Does the hardware seem like it will last? Defiantly, strong, sturdy, top class. Are the strap buttons solid? YES! Can you depend on it? Would you use it on a gig without a backup? I would love to say yes, but things do tend to go wrong for me so I'd use a back up. Is the finish good enough to last, or does it seem thin and easy to wear off with lots of playing? Only having it a couple of months I can see no wear in the finish so I think yes it will defiantly last a good few years. // 10

Overall Impression: Playing Metalcore give this guitar its true test and it has passed with flying colours! Although I am only a starter, this guitar gets recommended to all my professional friends too! If it were stolen? Hmmm. I would probably cry, I'd buy it again! I love the finish, and also the fact its a classic Les Paul style and its amazing for playing metal. The only thing I wish it had as stock was EMG's or just a tad better pick ups. // 10

Price paid: A$ 600

Purchased from: The Rockshop

Features: The ESP LTD EC100 has 24 extra jumbo frets on a maple neck, it has a see through black cherry quilted maple finish on a basswood body. It has a tune-o-matic bridge 2 volume and 1 tone knob and a 3 way pickup selector all of these are in black nickle.It has ESP locking tuners and ESP LH-150 pickups which I would change to EMGs because they don't squeal very welly when doing pinch harmonics. The toggle Switch cap and the volume and tone knobs sometimes fall of but they can be easily fixed with some glue and an allen key the strap buttons are very sturdy. My EC 100 came with a lead, gigbag, strap, tools and a Line 6 spider III 15w amplifier. // 9

Sound: I play mainly Rock, Blues and Metal, and my EC 100 suits all of these styles perfectly. I use mine with a Line 6 spider III 15 watt amplifier. Sometimes there is a bit of feedback when you Switch to the neck pickup but this only happens when the amp is set on insane. The ESP LTD EC 100 can make a variety of different sounds leads sound awesome on this guitar and chords sound great to. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up very well in the factory and there is not many problems with it. The action on this guitar is very low but there is no fret buzz. The pickups were adjusted very well and they pick up the sound great the only flaw with the guitar is the loose controls eg: Toggle Switch cap falls off and so does one of the volume knobs. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar could easily withstand live playing. The hard ware should last with a bit of tightening up the strap buttons are extremely solid I have had no drops yet. I would still take a backup to a gig just encase something happens. The Finish has know signs of ware even though it doe sent have a pickgaurd. // 9

Overall Impression: The ESP LTD EC 100 would be suitable for all types of music and it is great guitar for a beginner or a very competent musician. If mine was lost or stolen I would probably save up for an Epiphone Les Paul Standard but hopefully this never happens I recommend the ESP LTD EC 100 to every guitarist. // 9

Purchased from: Cates music center

Features: I think it was made in indonesia. 24 xj frets has a tuno o matic bridge. Les Paul body style. Very thin neck. Quilted top although I never seen another guitar of this model with this same color. Guess I got lucky. Its like a red to Orange sunburst deal going sickk. // 8

Sound: I play gospel/blues I usually play thru a Fender deluxe tube amp or a Peavey Vypyr 75 the pickups sound good with both. Its a big difference in sound due to the humbuckers. Its not noisy at all there is no fret buzz or nothing and the pickups don't sound muddy at all. It has a semi hollow body type sound to it. I like it, // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Actually this guitar waa set very good at the factory and actually probably inspected over at the shop I bought it from considering they are musicians as well. The knobs, pickups, strap buttons, ect were all set up very well. The only thing I would do with this guitar is probably change the tuning pegs because I think they don't hold in tune especially when you do bends and things like that. And maybe change the pickups if you wanna different sound. But overall juat check the pegs man and you'll be fine. Also the back of this guitar is so beautiful I'm not lying. Its amazing wood finishing. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a haus. Its big and put together well its very durable and very reliable. I haven't dropped it once yet and try to be careful not to. Everything is set up great. I gig almost every weekend and I never bring a backup and I probably never will with this guitar its so well put together it would be disrepectful to. // 7

Overall Impression: The overall impression hm. This is a beginner level guitar but can hold up to a Gibson with the pups swapped out with some emgs or something this axe can hold its own its under rated very much. Just go down to GC and try it out or just order one and keep it for a life time you wont be dissapointed. // 8

Purchased from: Mozingo's Music

Features: 24 frets; maple top; maple/rosewood neck; 2 volume, 3-way-toggle. // 6

Sound: I play classic rock from the 60's and 70's as well as some punk. It is pretty good for classic rock, but it is an excellent guitar for punk rock music. I am not a big fan of punk at all, but this is an excellent guitar for it. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: So far i have not found any flaws in this guitar and i have had it for nearly a year. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This is a fairly durable guitar, but the srap buttons are very poor. Drops are very common. It has very nice hardware and is a very solid guitar however. // 6

Overall Impression: This guitar is okay for playing classic rock, but it is excellent with punk rock. I have been playing over two years and i own a jazz Yamaha amp and a digitech predal. It is a fairly good guitar for playing jazz, and a good blues guitar as well. If it was stolen, I would consider getting another ESP, but probably a nicer version. However, I would probably upgrade to a Gibson because of the style of music I play, but that is more of a personal opinion. It has a great feel to it and it plays very smooth and clean. Outside of a les paul or Strat, this is one of the nicest guitars I have ever played. I would recomend it to any punk fans just beginning to play, and I would recomend any ESP to anyone who enjoys playing punk rock music. // 8

LTD EC-100 QM Reviewed by: fallensk8er, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: The guitar was made in indonesia in I think 2004. It has an agathis body with a beautiful quilted maple top. The neck it somewhat thick with extra jumbo frets. The Tune-O-Matic with stop tailpice makes it very simplpe to palm mute. It's got 2 ESP LH-100 pickups that I would recomend changing 'cause they are not the greatest. The controls are volume-volume-tone with a 3-way pickup selector. // 8

Sound: The sound is somewhat heavy and is good for punk and music like that. I play a lot of Creed, Papa Roach, SOTY, and Alter Bridge on it so it can play a lot of styles of rock. This guitar suites my needs very well. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The only complaint I have is that the top E sting buzzes pretty bad. But the buzz doesn't come through the amp so if you playin at high volumes it shouldnt matter. It was set up exremely well when I got it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very reliable. There is one flaw though. The strap buttons are crap. I was playing once and the strap fell and the guitar hit the ground causing the cord to get jammed up and bent the jackplate and I had to buy a new one but they are cheap it's ok. So I would buy strap locks to avoid this. I would definatly play this guitar live if you get strap locks. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is great. I've had it for about a year and it is still as good as the first day I got it (apart from a few dings where I accidently dropped a distortion pedal on it) it is good for playin a lot of styles of rock. Just get strap buttons and maybe some new pickups and this guitar is exellent. // 10

Price paid: € 300

Purchased from: Hometown Store

Features: 2006 model, made in Indonesia, 24 XJ Frets, bolt on, 24.75" scale, agahtis body with quilted maple top, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece, 3 way toggle with 2 volume controles and 1 for tone, black hardware, mine is see-thru black cherry, preety cool, beautiful guitar, I love all the LP shaped guitars, they are my favourites, ESP-LH100 humbuckers. // 9

Sound: This guitar is awesome! I play many kinds of metal since heavy to brutal death,and some rock,and sometimes for fun some country,but allmost the times and for my bands/projects is specially thrash metal! This guitar suites all these styles and more,it can play blues any kind that you want,pretty versatile! I replaced the factory pickups for a set of seymour duncans,SH-2 Jazz on the neck and SH-4 jeff becker on the bridge,I replaced them specially to have a better distorcion on the bridge pickup,but the stock pickups are great too! This is valid for the duncans and for the stock pickups,at the bridge position you have a nice,fat,deep and agressive sound,perfect for rythm,of course with the duncans I have a better distorcion,pinch harmonics,but the ESP-LH100 do the job perfectly,actually I replaced the pickups because I already owned them and I didnt have them on any guitar,since I have bougth them to install on an Epiphone Les Paul Studio that I sold it later with the stock pickups befor buying this ltd! The neck pickup is great for clean,solos,blues! The sound of this guitar is preety similar to a les paul,specially with my Peavey Envoy 110 and my Boss MT-2 I dont notice any special difference between my previous epi and this ltd with the same set of pickups! So I recommend this guitar for all type of sounds,preetty versatile,but specially for metal and rock,these are the styles that this guitar has been specially made for! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I must say that I am really impressed with the quality of this ltd, much better than my previous epiphone, this guitar came perfect, the fretjob was awesome, the nut is great, the paintjob its perfect too, when I sent it to set up the only thing that they done to my guitar was to replace the strings, and they said to me:"wow awesome guitar, preety well finished! It looks like an high end guitar" The same persons that set up my previous Epiphone and that guitar that I sold her, brand new, when went to setup it needed to be done:fretjob work, replace the nut, and remove paint scratches, as they said of my ex epiphone:"this is without any doubt an economic guitar, preety bad finished, but relax because you are not the worst case!" And about what they said abou my ltd that it looked like a high end guitar, and it only costed me more 100 than the epiphone! It really worths the 10! // 10

Reliability & Durability: As well as this guitar has a great finish quality, it was made to last a lifetime, I own an Ibanez rg320, but my ltd it is the guitar that I use more, and is still great as the day that I bought her, these are war materials! Well I take goodcare of my things and both guitars the Ibanez and the ltd are as new, but there are always accidents and this guitar has been made to last a lifetime that is for shure! I allways gig with a backup guitar, but I have already done entire gigs up to 2 hours with only this guitar and it never failed! // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metallica, iron maiden, pantera, rammstein, megadeth, cob, etc... This guitar as I said before suits all kind off styles, but her soul is specially for metal and rock! I own an Ibanez RG320 with dimarzios installed, great guitar too, and it as been more expensive, but my favourite is the ltd! If I lost her or if she gets stolen I would save up for an ec-401, but only because the current models of the ltd 100 series are different from the 2006 models unfortunately! So this is all! Sorry for my bad english, but I am Portuguese! // 10

Purchased from: Cates Music

Features: I don't know what year this was made. I think it was made in china. It has a real smooth and very small neck I think its like 24.5' maybe. Mine was a rosewood fretboard 22 jumbo frets. Its the les paul style which was different for me because I'm used to the Strat style. It has the tune-o-matic bridge it has 3 tone knobs and 3 way selector. It comes with the ESP humbuckers which are just fine but if you want better like I did I put some Vintage Gibson humbuckers in mine. // 10

Sound: It suites my style very good. Because I play blues/gospel and the humbuckers work great with my amp. And the small thin contour neck makes it easy for those extra licks to throw in. Its not noisy at all it can make very good sounds the bridge knob brings up the highs so you can get a clear lick in all the way down to the last fret. I usually keep the 3 way selector pointing up because I like the sharp tone it gives. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up really good at the factory. The pickups were perfect for coming from the factory already set up. Didn't need to get the strings lowered like I thought I would have everything was in tip top shape from the factory. The only thing I reccommend is that if you want that Vintage sound you should put some ducan humbuckers in there but thats only if you must have it because the stock ones sound great. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is for a pro player or a beginner don't matter. The guitar is so solid even tho its bolt on it feels like its set neck. The strap buttons are perfect they never come loose but the input jack comes loose quite often but you can tighten that up and wont have to worry bout it for awhile. I haven't droped it yet and I'm afraid I might and when I do I don't think anything will mess up because it feels so good it can easily be compared to the original les paul especially the ec1000 man those are sick. And the thing is you would think because of the les paul style that the guitar would be so heavy. But its really not its weighs about the same as a Strat just a lil more but definitly not the gibson. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is so good from the factory I was blown away when I picked it up because everything was already in really good shape. I didn't have any problems with it. It took awhile to get used to becuase I usually play a Strat and the buttons are so straight forward on the Strat that it was kind of crazy trying to figure it out on here. But once you get the hang of it your in good shape. My best guitar I ever had. Reccommed it to anyone. God bless // 10

LTD EC-100 QM Reviewed by: Maldihr, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Sandvika Musikk

Features: This lovely guitar is made in China, 2009. It has 24 XJ frets. The neck is made of Maple and the FB and the body is made of Rosewood. It has a cool "Green wave" finish, also called STBLK. The EC series looks like the Les Paul series from Gibson. The bridge has a 'TOM bridge & tail' system. The guitar has two volume and one tone control. The pick-ups are two ESP LH-150, which you may want to Switch later, but I like them. The tuners are made by ESP. Lovely! // 9

Sound: I play a lot of Metal and Heavy-Metal, and this guitar suits it all. It not so very good to play very heavy and very fast, but it's possible. I normaly use a Roland Cube 30X. I have a Chorus pedal, but I don't use it as much. When you use Clean sound, the guitar sounds lovely, even with very high volume. With the Distortion, it really rock too! The guitar can play very much different, but mostly Metal and Rock. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought the guitar, the action was great. I have had it a couple of months, and I haven't changed anything. The factory made a very good job! I haven't found any flaws yet, and I hope I don't find any. The wood is really smooth and I love it. But one of the controls was a bit loose though. I showed it the guy in the store some days later, and he fixed it for free. I don't think that's a common problem. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will make a great gig without any problems at all. It was, in my opinion, made to last forever (you know, very long). The hardware seems very durable soo far. Not any flaws or anything. The strap buttons is really reliable. I have seen many reviews of this guitar, and a lot of you don't like the strap buttons. But I love them. They have never failed, even though the guitar is quite heavy and I jump a lot on stage and when I practice. The finish, just love it. Not a single scratch or any marks. I would bring a backup too any gig. Not because I don't trust the guitar too last, but 'cause you never know what could happen. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly Metal, and the guitar fits perfectly. I have played some years now, and this my second guitar. I use a Roland Cube 30X and a Boss Chorus pedal. I talked a long time with the guy in the store, and he said that an EC from LTD would be a great choose. He was so right! If it were stolen, I would buy it again at once. I love this guitar! I love everything about it. Nothing I dislike at all. If you want a good Metal and Rock guitar to a low price, I recommend this guitar. // 10

LTD EC-100 QM Reviewed by: luthrap, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Furtado's, New Delhi

Features: The spec sheet is easily available so I'll just give my input on the features. The quilted maple top looks and feels great. The neck is easily accessible. I had to lower the action a bit for easier legato playing. Other than that the 24.75" neck makes it fast and the TOM bridge occasionally needs very little tuning fixing. Pickups are LH-150 (B & N). They're above average and give a great feel irrespective of the genre being played. Best part is that the 3 way pickup selector is given on the upper bout and I love switching pickups from rythm to lead that way, looks very cool. I got a soft gig bag, allen keys, a strap and a couple of cheap picks free with the guitar. // 9

Sound: I play mostly hard rock, metal, classic rock, fingerpicking stuff and a bit of blues. I'm using a Korg AX1500G guitar processor with it, a Marshall MG10CD practice amp and a Vox amplug as well, it sounds great on all the machines. I tried to record the tones just as a testing thing and it surpassed my expectations. Whether its a big chunk, delayed lead tone or clean tone you're looking for, this one's good for all. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was a bit high for me, but again it's a personal preference. All I had to do was use a screw driver, its a 20 second job tops. Pickups were just fine. No loose pegs and no cuts bumps bruises on this baby. I did a proper inspection before buying it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I'll be gigging this guitar in a few days but I most certainly don't think it'll give me any trouble because it's solidly built and I make sure I clean it every once in a while and take good care of it. If you take care of the instrument, the instrument takes care of you // 10

Overall Impression: I'm not restricted to any genre and I play stuff ranging from Alter Bridge to Green Day to Maiden to LOG to Jeff Buckley to Metallica. It serves my needs pretty well and I have no reason to complain. Its a great guitar and first off I won't let anyone steal it, and in case someone manages to steal it by some stroke of sheer dumb luck then honestly I'd save up again to buy a higher end guitar depending on how much I would've progressed by that time. Peace. // 9

LTD EC-100 QM Reviewed by: skiddymarkson, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Newells Music (Greenwood, SC)

Features: Year: 2009 for Christmas See Thru Black Color... * Construction: Bolt-on * Scale: 24.75 * Body: Basswood w/quilted maple top * Neck/Fretboard: Maple/rosewood * Inlays: Dots w/model name at 12th fret * Pickups: ESP LH-150 set * Electronics: 2 volume, tone, 3-way toggle * Hardware: Black * Bridge: Tune-o-matic w/stop tailpiece * Binding: None * Frets: 24 XJ // 8

Sound: I use it on a Marshall 50 Watt combo (Non-Crappy MG Series) The good Marshall. I play in a Christian Band but use it a lot for enjoyment. I play a lot of punk and metal too. Sounds great with punk and Metal. Although it can get real muddy with some of the Christian songs we play but it does spice it up a bit. You definitely need to turn the tone down for some solos cause it can get a little bright sometimes. But great for Distorted Palm mutes and such. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The Guitar was REALLY well made I love it! But my guitar strap comes undone a lot which caused a small ding on the neck. Although besides the routine check ups that are needed for most guitars. It is a comfortable guitar to play and the neck is really skinny and solos are easier and power cords easier for small hands such as beginners. // 9

Reliability & Durability: You really do need to keep this well kept and it can ding pretty easy that's the only thing I don't like about it. The strap buttons are hard to keep the strap on. The finish has stayed on there. There is wear from palm mutes but that's gonna happen to all guitars. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall impression I'd give this a 7.5. This is a GREAT guitar for starting guitarist, who are into metal and punkish music. The guitar is very easy to palm mute and and very light compared to a Gibson Les Paul. I love the color. But wear and tear and the hard to get a good sound for cleaner songs make it a 7 1/2. For the price, this guitar is GREAT!!!! I use it on my Carbon Copy MXR Delay and it sounds so great with intros and bridge builds. // 7

LTD EC-100 QM Reviewed by: MetalPhD, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Amazon

Features: 24 XJ frets, basswood body, rosewood fretboard, quilted maple top, maple neck, it looks les paulish, TOM bridge with stop tail piece, ESP LH 150 passive humbucking pickups, 3 way selector, 2 volume and 1 tone knobs. // 9

Sound: I mostly play metal and this guitar can handle from black sabbath to pantera, sound is fat and bright. Not much sustain tho and pinched harmonics could sound better. I run it thru a Marshall MG30FX (yeah the infamous MG series). The amp's distortion is pretty weak itself but clean is amazing, so I use a Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff (great pedal BTW) on the clean channel, the sound I get is pretty much 80's thrash metal but with a little tweaking I can get a good range of metal tones. I think this guitar could handle blues too, not sure since I rarely play blues.the sound, in my opinion, is too fat for old school rock. Still, for metal, and overall heavy rock music, it is amazing. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Action could have been better, I had to do a little tinkering here and there to eliminate fret buzz though. As for the finish, it has a tiny stain on the side, nothing to alarm about. Every thing else was perfect, action was low (not without fret buzz) and the guitar was overall well set from the factory, didn't even change the strings. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar will whistand live playing easy, made to last. Bending the strings makes this guitar go out of tune(blame it on the ESP tuners), which is kinda annoying. Recently one of the strap buttons came a lil loose, nothing a screwdriver couldnt fix though. On a gig I'd actually use a back up, not because of the guitar but becuase you never know what could happen. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is perfect for metal, ESP pickups aren't the best but it still sound pretty good. I own a cheap Strat copy made in god-knows-where, sound on that one was poor and too thin (well I guess thats how cheap Strat copies sound), if it was stolen I think I'd buy a better one from the EC series I'm thinking the one with the Seymour Duncan JB's on it, (I'm not a fan of EMG's). in its price range this is one of the best guitars out there. // 8

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD EX-50 7.9 Electric Guitars 04/18/2014