LTD EC-300 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD EC-300
Mahogany Body. 3-piece Mahogany Neck. Rosewood Fretboard. Duncan Designed HB-102 set Pickups. 2 Volume, Tone, 3-way Toggle. Chrome Hardware.
 8.8
 8.8
 8.7
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
LTD EC-300 Reviewed by: perfec_circl, on november 15, 2012

Features: This guitar was made in Korea sometime during 2003. It has 24 frets, a 3 way selector, 2 volume (one for each pickup, of course), a tone, EMG HZ pikcups, with passive electronics. The Les Paul style body is made of mahogany, along with the 24.75" neck which is set. It sports a nice rosewood fretboard with pearloid flag inlays and jumbo frets. The bridge is a tune-o-matic with stop tailpiece and has non-locking tuners. // 8

Sound: I use this guitar for a modern rock/metal tone, but with the right settings, this guitar gives a descent classic tone too. It gives a great warm, bassy kind of sound. Fits the style greatly. The pickups give no buzz whatsoever. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I have no idea how the factory set it up because the techs at my local shop set up every guitar again. But, from the shop's set up, the action was kind of high for me. I didn't like it, so they lowered it. No problem there. I haven't noticed any finishing flaws, and hopefully never will. This guitar does way quite a bit though. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The tuning keys are kind of cheap. I'll probably replace them with some locking ones later. As for the bridge, it suits me fine so, unless it screws up or something, I'll just stick with it. The last thing you'll have to worry about on this guitar is the finish wearing off. It's extremely thick, so expect it to last a long time. The strap buttons are excellent in my opinion. I love 'em. This guitar is dependable to me. Definately a work horse. Despite it's dependability, I'd still bring a backup. Just in case. // 8

Overall Impression: This is definitely a modern rock/metal guitar. I've played for 2 1/2 ... maybe 3 years (does anyone really keep count?) and I (have) own(ed) a Lotus, Samick, Squier, Fender, and now this ESP LTD. If it were stolen, I'd probably buy another LTD EC model. Not the same one, but a Deluxe model (they're a bit nicer). I love the guitar overall. There's only a few nuisances. The tuning keys are cheaply made and there's only one tone control. Another thing I would change is the pickups. Though very nice, and active set would be better. This model has been discontinued and replaced with the EC-400. They fix all of those problems and more. // 8

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD F-50 8.3 Electric Guitars 12/19/2014