LTD EC-50 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD EC-50
Rosewood fretboard and 24.75" scale, dot inlays w/model at 12th fret, 2 ESP LH-100 humbuckers, 2 volume, 1 tone, 3-way toggle, T-O-M bridge w/stoptail.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.8
reviews (21) pictures (5) 82 comments vote for this gear:
LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: benage, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: A$ 500

Purchased from: Rockshop NZ

Features: I believe this was made in 2008 but I can't be sure. It is made in Indonesia. It has 24 jumbo frets, 24.75" scale, i think the neck is maple and the body is basswood. It has a rosewood fingerboard. The neck is quite thin and is quite smooth for a cheap guitar. It has a solid body but no laminated wood on top. It has a transparent finish which looks rather nice. It is an LP shape with ESP's signature shaped cutaway. With the bolt on neck it isn't the most comfortable for getting right up to the high frets through. It has a tune-o-matic bridge. The hardware is obviously quite cheap, made in china I believe. The pickups are passive and to be honest quite average in my limited opinion. I replaced them with EMG's but also found I didn't like them either. Have since put Gibson modern classics in and I am much happier with the sound. The two volume and tone pots are cheap but do the job. I have since modded the body to include a coil-split switch which actually works quite nicely. The tuners are standard ESP's, non-locking, which do go out of tune a lot. I would like to get some decent ones but I can't afford to spend any more on it for now :-). It came in a cardboard box with some allen keys for the truss rod. Overall it is quite a nice looking guitar for the price, albeit rather low quality hardware. // 6

Sound: I guess it is definitely suited to more rock and metal. My tastes are largely blues to more heavy rock/metal. I run it through a B-52 60w tube amp sometimes, otherwise I have it running through a tonelab ST. Without it plugged in the tone is quite nice, some reasonable sustain considering its a bolt-on neck and cheap wood. I do find the higher frets can get a bit dead, i.e. the sound dies very quickly. I found it to be quite noisy with the stock pickups, also the input jack was a bit loose when I got it. For the price I think its pretty good. It does quite nice clean sounds, not the best heavy overdriven sounds, gets a bit muddy in my opinion. Doesn't have a very tight bottom end if that makes sense. I often find myself looking at new guitars as I am not 100% happy with the overall tone of the guitar, however it is good to learn on. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Reasonable setup. The action was quite high though. When lowering the strings I found that they would hit the high frets. Turns out after removing the neck that there were some thin shim's placed between the body and the neck, I removed these and set it back up. Its much lower now but still not ideal, I just don't think you'd ever be able to get a really low action on this guitar without majorly changing the body and neck, etc. The pickups were quite low, and considering their low output I had to raise them up quite a bit. The overall finish was excellent, not a single flaw. The tuners were a bit loose, I had to tighten those up a bit. The screws holding the pickup mounts to the body are a bit dodgy, some are completely threaded and I had to put some glue into them to get a tight fit. The pickup selector is ok, a bit noisy but it is a cheapie. The tone and volume knobs were quite loose, make sure you give these a good tighten. Also raise them up off the body by a mil or so otherwise they will scratch the f*$k out of the body. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I don't know if it would withstand a lot of live playing. You would have to change a lot of the hardware otherwise you probably wouldn't sound that great. Most of the hardware is fairly solid but I can see the pots crapping out quickly. The strap buttons are quite solid but a pain in the ass, I'd like to replace them. I don't actually gig so I couldn't honestly say whether I would depend on it or not but if I were I would say this wouldn't be the guitar I would be using:-) The finish is solid, I'm pretty rough with it and it hasn't got any major scratching or marks on it yet. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall it is a good guitar, but not a great guitar. I've tried to look at this review as a comparison to a high end model. While it is probably good value for money, I would not buy another one. If I could turn back the clock I would have saved more money and gone for a more premium model ESP or say a high end Epiphone for the same sort of money. If it were stolen I'd claim insurance on it and get a better guitar! Haha. I wish I had tried the guitar in the shop before I bought it, but that's my fault for not doing so:-P After spending hundreds on better pickups I wish that it had come with better stock ones. Also some locking tuners would have been nice but I guess you can't expect too much for the price. For a beginner its probably a good guitar. If you want to get serious about playing, go for a higher-end model with more features otherwise you will spend more money adding them later. // 6

Purchased from: GAK.com

Features: The LTD EC-50 is a solid body guitar with a shape very close to that of the Les Paul, but with a contour on the back of the body and on the bottom cutaway. The rear of the guitar is also slightly contoured to stop your arms getting the ridges you get from Epiphone's and Gibsons etc. The body is made from basswood, and the neck is bolt on basswood with a dark rosewood fretboard. The neck is not the thinnest in the world, but still easy to play, and it is painted the same as the guitar. The naeck scale is 24.75", and the frets are more medium-jumbo, not jumbo as some stores say. The bridge is a fixed Tune-O-Matic and there are two humbuckers in neck and bridge position. There are two volume knobs, and one tone, and a three way selector at the top of the guitar. The colour of my guitar is titanium, and due to it's metallic finish it looks great on stage under lights. The guitar did not come with any accessories and the tuners are ESP. The guitar is made in Indonesia. // 8

Sound: I play a whole mix of styles, but I usually end up playing metal by the end of playing, and I have to say it sounds great with distortion. I use a Jim Dunlop crybaby and a DigiTech Death Metal pedal with it, into a Fender Princeton 65Watt amp. It sounds really professional, and when it is rigged up with a bass amp aswell, the pickups give a lot of beef. The humbuckers aren't muddy though, they are very bright, unless its playing low notes with the neck pickup. I often use chorus and reverb with my playing, but without it sounds just as good - just different. When the guitar is used clean it can have quite a bright snap to it in the bridge position, but if used with the neck pickuo as well, or on its own it has a beautiful warmth to it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came out of the box near perfect with everything setup nice, but the pickup selector was missing it's plastic top, but that didn't matter too much, because it only cost 50p to replace. The action is nice and low, and the pickups are also low enough so there is no buzzing at all. The fret wire is kind of high, and after having a Strat that has exceedingly low fretwire, it took a while to get used to it, but now that I have it is easier to play, because I do not have to push the strings so hard on the neck to gat a sustaining note. All I have changed is the way the guitar is strung. Because the brige is raised by 2mm, I put the strings through backwards and loop the over the top to make them less likely to snap, and it is easier on your hand for palm mutes. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have used the guitar live before, and was commented not not only on how good it looks, but also the professional sound of it. I did not need a back up, and the only reason I think I ever would, is if I needed a guiatr with a trem or different tuning. The guitar is built like a brick, and after playing for hours on end every day, the strap buttons have not loosened once. The finish is very thick, and with the abuse it has put up with on some occasions, it should look like puff pastry, but there are no chips in the paint whatsoever. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar can play almost any style of music, though only hard rock and metal can do it the justice it deserves. I've been plaing a year and a half, and my first axe was a Squier Strat that my brother used to use, and the ESP LTD EC-50 is nthe first guitar I have bought myself, And I'm glad I did. If it was stolen I would first get the sod that nicked it, and I fi couldn't find him, I would most probably buy the guitar again. If I didn't I would definitely buy another ESP LTD. I have always like the Les Paul shape, and this guitar gives me that, plus the extra two frets, the extraordinary colour, and the contour of the body much like a Strat. All I wish it would have is possibly two tones rather than one, and a locking trem - it would be the ultimate guitar! // 10

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Steve's Music (Toronto)

Features: The guitar was made in Indonesia and most likely construct this year. 24 frets, with a thin neck (which has a good feel to it). The fret board is rosewood (I was thinking this is a good thing, but I heard otherwise). A nice black cherry colour to it with a nice clear satin finsih. Tune-O-Matic bridge. 3 controls, volumes and tone. The ESP LH-100 pickups (so far so good). The guitar didn't come with anything but then again, if it did I would think twice before buying. Those guitar bundles are crap! // 10

Sound: I don't have too much experience with the sound of electric guitars, but I'm extremely pleased with the sound. I play metal, punk, and starting on blues. Was told that ESP is much more of a metal sounding guitar. And I really think that's true! The settings work very well. On a Fender Twin-Reverb amp the sound was just awasome! My Gibson owning friend was impressed (not that that matters). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The set-up seemed to be pretty good. As far as I can tell, the construction is holding up well. In terms of 'flaws' I think the end of the neck could be made better. It might've been just mine, but you could see lack of paint which makes it look cheap, but only if you're a freak like me would you notice that! Other wise, everything is good. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've never played live, so I have no idea if this will hold up. But, why wouldn't it? The hardware seems stready, and every thing seems to be bolted on well. It comes with a life-time warranty, so I'm thinking that's a good thing in terms of longivity. I think a pick guard would've helped, but having said that it does have the clean, sleek look without the pick guard (which I love). // 9

Overall Impression: I'm still learning the guitar and this is my very first electric. I tried one cheap electric before this, and that was just terrible (I gave it back in one day). The difference was amazing with the EC-50! Such clean sound and very smooth (even with my 10w Marshall). With the twin-reverb it was beyond anything I've heard! The feel and weight is really nice. The construction could be a little better. There is no pick-guard and you could see some imperfections around the end of the neck. But all in all, for my very first electric guitar, this will serve me well for a long time. Until I get my Les Paul anyways. // 9

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: fireman dan, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: I just got this guitar and I love the way it plays. It has a rosewood fretboard with 24 frets and a 24 3/4 scale length and the neck is made up of maple bolted onto a agathis body. It's a Paul style body with a Tune-O-Matic bridge and a 3-way toggle which is lead, rhythm, and the middle is a combination of both because the lead and rhythm have two seperate volumes and one tone. It has two ESP LH-100 pickups and I've read that in some the higher strings will sound screwed up after a while but I havent had that problem yet. // 10

Sound: This guitar suits my music style of punk, rock, and metal perfectly. I'm using it with my guitar port right now but the speakers I have on my comp. are pretty close to blown and it still sounds great, I've also used it in my Marshall and it sounds awesome there too. I'm using distortion and reverb with it. So far its not noisy at all it has great sustain and there isn't any buzzing or anything when it just sitting there and it has a rich bright sound. The way I play I can have this guitar making any sound I want and I suppose there is a good little bit of variety to it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set up pretty good when I got it I had to lower the strings and tune it and that was it. The pickups were adjusted just fine for me. When I got it, it didnt have any flaws in the finish or anything really, just the pickup might wiggle the tinniest bit but it doesn't effect the sound. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definately withstand live playing cause I whip it around pretty good when I'm playing. The hardware seems like it will withstand a lot but the buttons seem a little small you might consider buying strap-locks with it. I could see using it as my main guitar for a gig but common sense would be to have a back up just in case. The finish seems like it is of good quality. // 10

Overall Impression: I play punk, rock, and metal and this guitar suits me and my music almost perfectly. One thing I wish I asked was what it took to change the pickups. If it was stolen I would definately consider buying it again but I would try out a few more guitars like it just to see what others were like. What I like most about it is the neck and scale length because together they let you play fast and bend easily. // 10

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: thesmartguy50, on november 15, 2012

Features: This baby is a solid-body guitar with 24 jumbo frets (I personally think they are a little smaller than jumbo, but that's me). It's very close to a Les Paul, but is pretty obviously not. It does not have a pick guard, which sucks, but it does have a Tune-O-Matic bridge (I like these). It features two standard ESP pickups, which live up to the ESP name easily. EMG's would be better, but then, those are the best hummies in the world. I bought this guitar from the Guitar Gallery, and they didn't give me squat. They pretty much just sold me the guitar and told me to go away, so I wasn't happy at first, but when I played thru these pickups, I was in heaven (then again, it was an upgrade from a Squier Strat). The ESP LTD EC-50 has three knobs - 2 for volume, one for tone. Where you have the 3-way pickup selector determines which volume control you use. So, this Indonesian guitar has some perty nice features, as you can well see. // 10

Sound: This guitar suits my preferred music well. I play blues, punk, metal, a little jazz, and some oldies rock. I can also usually get it to spurt out some Hendrix, if I adjust the tones right. I play thru a Peavey Classic sometimes, and all other times I play on a little Peavey Backstage. I use a Danelectro Metal distorion pedal which, combined with those humbuckers, makes for a great jam. When I turn the guitar up really loud on my Backstage, I get a little buzz, but I think that comes from the amp, so yeah. Each of the pickup selections has its own distinct sound (as it should), making it possible to play from death metal to country (if you're in that kind of thing). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was pretty much perfectly set up in the factory. I haven't found any flaws in it yet, and I've had it for about a year. The pickups were adjusted just fine, and everything else so far has been dandy. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have played this guitar live, without a backup, for the past year, and I haven't had to take it to the shop yet. There isn't a scratch on it, as far as I can tell. You could get locking straps, but the strap buttons already on it, combined with an at least okay strap, will do pretty much the same. I am actually hoping that this guitar will last long enough to look like it has been well broken in, to the point that wood is showing through the paint, but it seems like the time that I will have to wait for the paint to wear off will be awhile. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said, from '60s rock to metal, Jimi to Dime, The Doors to Megadeth, this guitar will keep you rocking. I would definitely buy this cheaply priced, masterfully made guitar again if it were stolen. The only thing I wish that I'd asked is if I could smack the guy at Guitar Gallery with it to pay him back for his crappy service, and to really test the guitar's durability. I do wish that it had a pickguard, but then, it still does not have any pick scratches yet, so maybe it's all good. This here, folks, is an excellent guitar. // 10

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: S.C. Haas, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Sound Techs

Features: The EC-50 is a nice guitar with Chrome ESP non-locking tuners, a rosewood neck, Tune-O-Matic bridge, 3 controll nobs (two volume, one tone), and has a nice Les Paul style body. It is equiped with two ESP humbucker pickups, a three-way selector, and 24 frets on a somewhat thin neck. It feels great to play and isn't too heavy or too light. Mine is a nice off white-ish color with a clear finish. No Whammy. // 8

Sound: I play a lot of different musical styles. (Rock, Metal, Alternative, Alt. Rock, Indie rock, Blues, Jazz, etc...) I've successfully played songs from Metallica, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Red HOT Chili Peppers, and a ton of other bands with great results.I use a Line 6 amplifier with a Delta-Lab multi-effects pedal. It's not really noisy unless you try some Van Halen-esque tapping, but that's probably just my lack of practice in that skill. It plays great and i sometimes feel like "Whoah man, I sound like Slash!" just because the sound and tone of the guitar is that good. Now, It's no Les Paul, but it has great tone quality and i don't regret the buy AT ALL. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was brand new, maybe played a few times by some potential buyers in the store, but never actually USED. Th e action and strings were great and I was able just to pick it up and play without any form of problem. Everything is wired correctly and I have had absolutely no malfunctions out of it at all. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've had the guitar for maybe 6 months now and it has held up very well. I dropped it once because my strap was turned the wrong way and pulled loose. It landed on my multi-effects peddle, but there was no permanent damage. The strap buttons are very solid (just make sure the strap is good quality and not worn out. That goes for every guitar though.) The hardware seems pretty legit and I have had no problems with it thus far. I can depend on it completely. I have never played a live show with it, though it has lasted me a jam session or two with no problems. The finish is fine and I would go to a live show without a back up if I weren't a clutz and could probably wind up dropping it or something. // 9

Overall Impression: It is a great guitar and i recommend it to anyone, experienced or not.It matches almost any style you can think of (except maybe country... And definitely not rap or hip hop... If those two can be called music at all.)I do wish I had asked if there was another color as white is difficult to keep clean, but its not a big deal. In the case that it was stolen, I would definitely consider this model as a replacement, but I mean... If I have enough money to get something better and wider respected I probably would. (like a Les Paul or Stratocaster maybe? I wish...) I love the tone and sound it produces. I can just play it regardless the style of music, though I love improvising over jazz or blues. I can't say I hate anything about it and my favorite feature would have to be the overall look of it. It just looks epic. I did compare it to others, but this one hadn't been used and it was well within my price range. I had also been dying to have an Les Paul-style guitar. I do with it had a whammy bar and maybe different pick-ups (like Seymore Duncans maybe), though those are just small things that can be addressed with the right amount of moeny. I am very happy with this guitar and I love playing it very much. ROCK ON!!! // 10

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: I bought my EC-50 for 300$, a year ago, but now, you can get it for around 200$, which is a very affordable price, for a guitar. On the 24.75 inch scale neck, there are 24 Extra Jumbo frets, along the Rosewood fretboard. Those body and neckwoods are made of Basswood, assembled in a bolt-on fashion. On the Esclipse-shaped body, you've got two, passive LTD-Humbucker pickups, controled through a 3 way Switch, just above the pickup-side of the neck. There are 3 knobs: 2 Volume controls and one tone control. On the headstock, there are Standard LTD tuners. When I purchased this guitar, I recieved 1 cable. Still, I would've really appreciated this guitar is it had a Floyd Rose bridge and a couple of EMG Active pickups. // 8

Sound: The sound and versatility of this sound is amazing. Through tone, and pickup controls, you can easily find your sound, in both the lead and rhythm genres. Because of the shape and the fretboard material, your fingers and scorch the frets, with speed and easy positioning. With my sound, (being that I'm a 13-year old Lead guitarist) as I mentioned before, about the Fretboard and Positioning, the guitar supports me greatly through versatility. If you played on a guitar, other than the EC-50, then played on the EC-50, you'd quickly notice how much easier it is to burn scales from the 1st to 24th frets. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was put together in a Bolt-On fashion. Of course, with all ESP-LTD guitars, you have that nifty little model number at the 12th fret. With the pickups, there is one pickup positioned at the Neck and another at the Bridge. With the tuning pegs, they're convinent little shape ensures comfortability while turning, but they tend to get knocked out of tune, if you play guitar like a maniac. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I'm sure, that this guitar can handle everything but straight up demolition. Honestly, I've dropped this guitar about 10 times, from heights at least 4 feet. There are no insanely noticable scars in it, even to this day, either. If you take care of the guitar (not like I did, please), by polishing and wiping it clean, after every session of play, it'll surely stay in good shape. If you do use it on a gig, though, and you think you've overused it, to push it into the "worn" level, bring a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said before, I'm a 13-year old lead guitarist. It's always a joy, with this guitar, with a variety of effects to cover stuff by Metallica and Van Halen. It's even a blast to cover songs by Rage Against The Machine, with this thing. Right now, I've been playing for about a year and a half, and this guitar has been playing, as a perfect starting guitar, for almost that long, also, withstanding my crazy, metalhead ways, through constant thrashings and drop-downs. The two most outstanding attributes of this guitar are its versatility, and its low cost of about 200$. Like before, I do wish that it had a couple of EMG active pickups and a floyd rose bridge. Rock n' roll baby! // 10

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: Slaytanic1993, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: K&S Music (Williamsport)

Features: This guitar has 24 extra-jumbo frets, it was made in 02 and it has a rosewood 24.5" scale neck. It's pure mahogany and it has a carved-top. Sperzel tuners (which stay in tune almost always unless I put it in Standard D) Passive ESP pickups (surprisingly awesome) and it came with a hard-shell ESP case that is very, very good. // 9

Sound: I play metal (Opeth, Death, Into Eternity) to Jazz fusion (Chris Poland-ish) and neo-classical (Di Meola, Friedman) and this guitar fits that perfectly. The bridge pickup is killer and provides a thrash-style crunch with a nice high-tone. The neck pickup is a master pickup for leads. It is clean and destructive. I play through a cheap Ibanez (lol) amp, and it sounds great on distortion and lovely on cleans. It has very few problems with extra noise and is usually full and rich in the tone. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Decently set-up, but the action was incredible, it wasn't extremely high or low, it was perfect.The guitar's bridge/neck/head/body had no flaws whatsoever and the tobacco sunburst looks amazing on it. The finish on the neck is spectacular but if any sweat touches the back of the neck, you gonna have some hard time getting it off of there. The tobacco sunburst I bought had a black stain (barely noticeable) which made it even better looking! // 10

Reliability & Durability: It would stand well Live, and possibly at such like an arena. The hardware will last if given enough cleaning and proper handling, the strap buttons are remarkably solid too (unlike my Ibanez, ugh horrid piece of wood) And the finish the same it is remarkable and incredible (also unlike my Ibanez). // 9

Overall Impression: This plays metal, blues, jazz, free-form, flamenco, tapping, shred, anything you can think of, well. This fits me as I've been playing for 3 + years and am getting into weird music forms. I also own a Boss MetalZone FX pedal (which makes the distortion more bright and punchy) and an Ibanez RG (which is the worst guitar I've ever played or heard played) and the RG is dog-doodle compared to this, ESP guitars are probably the best guitars next to PRS (which is the next guitar I plan on buying) and I just wish I had a new freaking amp to go along with, as I plan to buy a Crate. // 9

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: Talented, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: B Sharp Music

Features: I just started playing the guitar a little while ago. I started out with a Peavy Raptor Plus from B Sharp Music. However I wanted to get something better. So I talked to one of the guys there and he fully recommended this guitar. It is a USA made guitar. 24 frets witih a fatter Neck near the bottom and slim near the top. It is a solid top, the body is Agathis and the neck is maple. And is complete with a nice black finish. The body is cutaway which is really sweet. The bridge style is Tune-O-Matic as well. The controls given to you are Volume, 3-way, and tap. The pickups are ESP LH-100 pickups. Accessories inclued varies with the music store. // 8

Sound: This guitar very much suites my music style. I love punk-rock, and I can play many songs with this guitar. I mostly use this guitar with heavy distorition as it sounds phenominal. But playing it clean also sounds great to. It is a very versitile guitar. You can make it fill up the whole house or just a room. It gives you great control. It is a very crisp sound (if you want it to be). The possibilities are endless. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got my guitar it was pretty much perfect. Not one scrach on it, pickups were already adjusted. The top was bookmatched and the bridge was properly routed. The guitar had no flaws as I and the salesmen inspected it over and over and over again. It is a highly intune machine. // 10

Reliability & Durability: A couple of my friends are in bands and they all use ESP. They have been going for a good 4 years. My friends first ESP was also a LTD EC-50 like mine and he still has it and sometimes uses it when playing live. Other then a few scraches it is still fairly good shape. I have played in one smaller concert with it and I did not bring a backup. I would put my Faith in my ESP as they make Amazing quality of stuff. My friends ESP the finish is still picture perfect. // 9

Overall Impression: If you are into any kind of rock or punk or whatever, nothing can do it better then a black ESP LTD. I have been playing for almost a year, and it has withstood it and still looks Brand New. There is really nothing I could have asked before buying this product, I am love this guitar. If it got stolen, the same day I would go back to the stoor and buy the exact same model as it is a work of art. I love everything about this guitar. Its body its neck, pickups, color. The only thing I hate is that it gets overlooked by the ESP LTD 100's and up. However this guitar can put up to them. The salesmen even said that the 50 could withstand a 100 and up for there is nothing much that changes in the models and the sound. That is why I stuck with a EC-50. I am really happy with it and would tottally recommend it to anyone. A casual guitar playing, or in the most rockin' band. I also compared this guitar to Fender Squire's and a Gibson Epiphone. However the ESP is quite superior over all of those from the people I talked to. Even one person with a Fender agrees with me, ESP is way better. I chose this one because it was the best, and I hope you will to. // 10

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: Let's not waste time on the already known hardware this axe has coupled off the shelf. The few major features I like are the 24 jumbo frets, the standard stock twin ESP LH-100 pickups which are good and the fact that it's an Eclipse design. The body is considerably heavy. Gives you that quality feel when you strap it on. // 8

Sound: I would say it suits me pretty well. I play mostly rock and I prefer the sound off the humbuckers. I use it with a Roland Cube 30 amp. To me, it has a chunky full sound when your using the neck pickup. it's great for chords and muting. I usually compare the sounds with a Godin SG and I wouldn't say it's a whole lot better, but it's better nontheless. Shredding solos on this guitar is nice. Puts a big smile on my face. But I guess the pickups aren't all that fantastic when you're pinching harmonics. It can be done, but sometimes it sounds somewhat numb. Overall sound, I think it's good enough to play live with. But I would consider getting better pickups. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: From the shop, it was pretty well set up. No string buzzes or rattles. Changing the strings for the first time got me learning how to tune the action, setting the string just enough to miss the buzzing and low enough to get good action off the fretboard. Mostly easy stuff, all you need is the right sized screwdriver and you're pretty much in good hands. I got a black EC-50 and the only problem I have is the palm and finger stains. After a short play there's prints everywhere. Also, pick scratches are very evident. I don't mind it at all, but if you're thinking of selling the guitar, it's a factor for depreciation. The body is really solid though, and heavy too. Somehow you sense quality when you hold it. For me, I'm more than satisfied with fit and finish. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played live so I wouldn't know if it can withstand a live show. The knobs were abit fiddly when I got the guitar from the shop. Sometimes it feels tight, sometimes it's loose. But I never touch the tone or volume while playing. it's set to full most of the time. But I'm guessing that's not the point. The strap buttons a perfect, nothing to say about them. I would use it on a gig without a backup. I think it would last long even with real hard playing. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall impression is I love my guitar. Somehow I've tested on more expensive guitars. Sure, they sound better albeit because of the better pickups. But this guitar grows on you. It's what you would call the Jack of all trades really. It doesn't go above and beyond, but it does takes you somewhere close. If it was stolen, I'd buy another ESP, but not necessary this one. Still, I would kill if to find out who took it. The black finish for this model is better than the grey. But the black scratches easily which is unavoidable. Still overall, this is a good guitar and I would recommend anyone with a budget looking for a decent guitar with decent performance. I dare say it's just as good as some of the more expensive stuff you can find. Last words, ESP makes good guitars. I have No Doubt my next guitar would be another ESP/LTD. // 8

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: AGL23, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Steve's (Toronto)

Features: This guitar must've been made in 2006 in Indonesia. It's got 24 frets, with a rosewood fret board and maple neck. The neck is actually pretty easy to move around on, but I have cut my finger playing on it.:) Maybe I should have better technique or ESP should've smoothed out the frets! But still a heavy solid guitar! Love the weight of it. It's got a nice smooth finish in black cherry with that awesome eclipse body (Les Paul inspired). The Tune-O-Matic bridge has been excellent so far and the pickups give a really deep warm sound (even with my 10w Marshall). The pickups are ESP LH-150. I haven't tried any other sets of pickups yet, so this one is good so far! I barely use the controls on the guitar but there are: two volumes (clean and 'dirty') and tone. The guitar didn't come with anything except the wrenches. But no complaints there! // 8

Sound: This is my first electric and the sound seems fine. Seriously! I'm interested in a lot of music, but started playing metal and punk. I still want to get into others, but so far this guitar has served me fine for Metallica, Green Day, and a little bit of Zeppelin. But with ESP's rep for metal, this guitar seems like a good fit. Again, I am using a Marshall MG10CD. First time thing, but I have tried it on better amps, and the sound only gets better! The sound also seems versatile; going from a clean to metal seems completely fine and easy to do with this guitar. I still have a lot to learn, but this guitar has been carrying it's part so far. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up at the store. The strings were tuned and the truss rode adjusted. Getting it home and being able to play off the bat was great! The pickups and all the electronics were perfect. The bridge, the body, the tuners, everything seemed the way it was supposed to be! And after a few months everything is still fine and shinning and only has a few scratch marks because of me banging it against doors, desks, etc. The finish on the guitar has been perfect since day one, and great still. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would be great for live playing. There shouldn't be any problems (I haven't played Live but still). The weight and form of the guitar make it seem like it will last a long time. Everything seems very sturdy. After putting on a strap, the guitar seems to just be lying in air. The strap buttons are very sturdy. This is my first electric and after a few months I have been depending on it to work properly, I think I could for a long time. Don't know what's my next guitar going to be like nor when, but I'm not worried at all about that because this seems like it will last a few years at least. I don't know when the finish will start coming off, but the guitar is still shiney and bright. But even when it starts coming off, the Vintage look might make it look better than it already it! // 8

Overall Impression: This is a perfect guitar to have as your first! I'm really glad that I bought it, and I love metal and this guitar suits it very well. I have been playing for a year but mainly acoustic. This guitar has been a great change and goes well with my tiny Marshall. If I was to lose this guitar (for the same price range) I would buy this guitar again. But I have to say, now that I know that ESP is this good, I am really tempted to try out their other guitars, so I might not buy this, only to get another ESP LTD! I love everything about this guitar! Great sound, nice feel, great weight, seems very strong (not like a whimpy branch ready for fire wood, some guitars are like that). I tried other guitars, but something about the sound of this guitar stood out so much that I bought it right that day! I didn't even know what ESP was! The only thing I wish it had was a whammy bar! I play Metallica a lot and it would've been amazing if there was a whammy bar, but that doesn't affect this guitar too much! If you're on your way for your first guitar (or even second), this is the guitar you should get! Period! // 9

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: This guitar is an '06 model from Indonesia. It's red, black hardware, has 24 frets with a nice skinny neck and rosewood fret board. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge, 2 volumes, 1 tone, and a 3-way Switch. It has ESP LH-100 pickups. It also came with a stand. It has that cutaway on the back kind of like on a Fender Stratocaster, making it much more comfortable to play than a les paul. // 10

Sound: Like many people have said, the pickups are perfect for metal. Only problem with that is, I don't play metal. They were too muddy for me. No problems with the pickups. Like I said earlier, Metal isn't my style. If you buy this and don't play metal, be prepared to get new pickups. The DC resistance is around 14-14.8 ohms in each pickup. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Hardware, electronics, and everything are good. No fret buzzing, which means the people at the factory did a good job. The tuners aren't the best in the world. They tend to go out of tune easily. They're the only reason I didn't rate it a 10. I would recommend getting locking tuners like grovers or something. // 9

Reliability & Durability: My buddy's guitar was in the shop so I loaned him mine. It held up perfect when he was on stage. Just get locking tuners and you're good to go. The strap buttons are solid and the hardware is pretty good. I see this guitar being used for many years to come. I don't see why you would need a backup with this. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for 3 years and play anywhere from hard rock to classic rock and blues rock. After putting a couple Gibson 57' Classic pickups in, this guitar suits me perfectly. I use a Marshall Bluesbreaker II and Marshall MG15DFX amp. I've played live once which didn't turn out very well because I was forced to make up a song on the spot (which I suck at) and I was as nervous as crap. If this was stolen, I'd find the guy Who stole it and kick his neck. Or I'd buy it again. This guitar is awesome. I love it. // 9

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: IS10, on november 15, 2012

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia in 2006-ish I believe. It sports 24 frets with a relatively thin neck. It has a rosewood fretboard. It has a solid agathis body, with no top, and has a high gloss finish. It comes in several colours, including black, dark red and white. I personally like the look of the glossy black finish, which is the model I own. It is similarly shaped to a Les Paul guitar, with a single cutaway. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge with a stop tailpiece, which I find makes string changing very easy. I also like palm muting with it. It has the stock EC LH-150 humbuckers, which are well constructed, but a little to murky for my tastes (I'll explain later). The electronics consist of 3 knobs (Bridge, neck volumes and overall tone), and a 3-way pickup selector generally found in dual-humbucking guitars. Regular non-locking ESP tuners are equipped. I did not recieve any accessories with this guitar (although I felt I should have). // 9

Sound: I am a big classic rock fan, and a little bluesy sometimes too. So I play lots of Eric Clapton, Guns N' Roses, Tom Petty, Boston, Bon Jovi and some Van Halen. For the most part, this guitar does the job just fine. I find it works very well for rhythm and power chord riffs, and not so much for solos/lead. The humbuckers are not cutting enough to produce a high treble sound. The trade-off for this is that they do have a very full and rich tone, which sounds great for riffing and the occasional lick. I use a Peavey Solo 15-W amp, and it provides the kind of tone I need for when I'm practicing. However, whenever I jam with my friend (Who owns an Epiphone LP and a Marshall 100-watt combo amp), I occasionally plug into his Marshall and then this guitar comes alive. It sounded just as good as his Les Paul, perhaps with slightly less clarity on the high end. So at the end of the day, if you're not looking for a heavy metal sound, a humbucker replacement and a string change should make this guitar perfect. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The build quality of this guitar is top-notch. I've always been concerned about purchasing non-USA made guitars, as I've had problems with poor build quality in the past. But I took Faith in the fact that these ESP LTD guitars are not made in the USA, but are quality checked there. The only issue I've had is a loose tuning machine for the "G" string, which is annoying me a bit, but I'm sure it's something that can be repaired. It has a really nice weight to it that rivals Les Pauls. When you throw it over your shoulder, it has a feel and weight that makes it seem a lot more expensive and high-quality than its price would tell. It doesn't feel like a cheap piece of wood. It is solid and heavy. Sometimes it can be a bad thing, as I find that my back tends to get sore after a lot of practice standing up, so I find myself sitting on a chair playing often. I'd rather have a heavy, solid, quality guitar than a cheap, light piece of crap anyday. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar, I'm absolutely certain it will hold its own live. The knobs and components of the guitar are very strong and don't seem to be of poor quality. My strap has come undone a couple times practicing at home, but definitely less frequently than my previous Ibanez guitar. The glossy black finish, if polished often and well maintained, looks stunning. It does attract fingerprints though, so I highly recommend getting a good polish and microfiber cloth to keep your EC 50 looking top notch. The finish is really goregeous and thick. It won't be wearing off anytime soon. // 10

Overall Impression: At the end of the day, I really like the EC 50. I have some gripes about the tone of the humbuckers, but I've learned to Live with it and adjust my tone settings to get more of a higher, treble, Strat-ish sound. I've been playing for over a year now, and I have owned the EC 50 for about 5 months now, and I like it a lot more than the Ibanez starter Strat guitar I owned before that. When I purchased this guitar, I just wished I had given it more of a test Drive, and not been so hasty to get it. Despite all this, I have really grown on it, and I wouldn't play anything else for now. If I had this guitar stolen, I would probably buy it again, but I would replace the humbuckers and strings right away. However, if you like playing punk or metal, then this guitar doesn't need any adjustments at all. It is perfect as is. // 9

Purchased from: Poppler's Music

Features: This guitar was made in indonesia, I couldn't find a year to reference but I'd assume it would be a 2009 model as I purchased it last year. The features are: bolt-on neck 24.75" scale 22XJ frets basswood body maple neck, thin U contour rosewood fretboard esp non-locking tuners esp lh-150 humbuckers (neck and bridge position) TOM bridge with tailpiece 3 way pickup selector 1 tone, 1 volume 42mm nut chrome hardware black or silver finish // 5

Sound: I'm not the most diverse player out there, I stick to mainly rock and metal, but I believe that if you have good tone, you'll sound good with any genre. The pickups on this guitar are so-so, they do have some nice cleans and some tone variation between the neck and bridge position despite the fact that they're essentially the same pups. There isn't any hum to them but tone-wise, they're obviously lacking. I play through an Ibanez TBX 65r and a Boss ME-70, this guitar handles distortion well for stock pups, but you'd be able to swap for a better after-market pup set anytime. TOM bridge gives great sustain to your notes. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought this guitar, the action was fine. I brought it home and due to humidity changes and a six hour Drive without a case (the store didn't have a case on hand), I had some dead notes on the first 3 frets but a quick visit to a guitar tech fixed that. Other than that blemish, you have typical ESP quality workmanship. The guitar itself is damn sexy in my opinion, it'll definately attract looks by shape alone. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can withstand live playing, but it goes without saying that not bringing a backup guitar is foolish as you never know what can go wrong. I would recommend putting straplocks on this guitar before trying live playing as a general smart idea to do. One of the buttons is situated awkwardly, and if you're moving around, it could have the strap unattach itself from the button. The buttons are solid though. The finish is nice and it should withstand many years of use, all kind of depending on how abusive you are to it. The tuners hold their tuning well but if you do extreme bending, it will knock the tuning out a little bit. // 8

Overall Impression: This is a pretty Standard beginner level guitar. If you're looking for a cheap guitar to hotrod, or just starting out, this would be the one for you. As mentioned above, some upgrades to look into would be new pickups, straplocks, and maybe some locking tuners. If it were lost or stolen, I would replace it or even upgrade to a better model. I had compared this to similar priced squire models and naturally you can get more for your money with an ltd than a squire. I wish the guitar came with 24 frets and maybe a tremolo system but that's personal preference. // 6

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: loserke30, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: € 286

Purchased from: Thomann

Features: It's probably made in 2010 or 2009 because it's made in Indonisia.. 24 Jumbo frets, Agathis Body, Rosewoord Fretboard, Maple Neck (a thin neck) and a nice olympic white finish on a ESP style LP. Tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece, 2 volume and 1 tone, 2 ESP LH-150 pickups (wich give you a great tone). It came in a big box full of bubbleplastic and a extra box with the guitar, I also receivid a code from ESP to get something free but I didn't confirmed it yet.. // 10

Sound: Becaus ESP guitars are more for metal and Hardcore it suits my style just perfect. I use a Marshall MG30FX on the clean channel and a Harley Benton HEAVY METAL pedal. I use a heavy distortion and when I don't touch the strings there is no noise at all. The ESP LH-150 give you a nice bright heavy distortion sound but it can also give you a nice clean tone. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I just got the guitar and when I received it after 2 days from Germany (really fast!) it was tuned completely wrong but that's from the journy to here, everything else was set-up fine and I could just plug into my amp and play. Didn't detect any flaws yet and I hope I never will. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Haven't played live with this guitar but I think you don't need any backup (maybe you need if ur guitar is in a dropped tuning and you play songs with diffrent tunings) and the hardware is very strong on the guitar and my strap (I had this problem with my other guitar) won't come off, I don't think that the finish will ever come off the guitar so you can retain the nice (Satan, Olympic White or..) finish. // 10

Overall Impression: Since I play Hardcore, Metal and Punk is this guitar great with my Marshall MG30FX and Heavy Metal pedal. If it was stolen I would find the guy and let some canniballs eat him alive and buy the guitar back. I love everything about this guitar and recommend this guitar. // 10

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: richard7, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: A$ 469

Purchased from: BMJ Music (Hornsby AUS)

Features: Made in Indonesia probably in 2010. Thin neck, 24 frets and Rosewood fret board (I like)& basswood body. Off white colour for body and neck. Spotless gloss(?) finish. Tune-O-Matic bridge and 2 volume and 1 tone control. 3 way Switch for neck, neck/bridge and bridge, & ESP LH-150 pickups. Nothing else with the package, so I think you get what you pay for i.e. the money has put into the guitar and not the packaging. // 8

Sound: I looked at the EC-50, the EC-100QM and a Michael Kelly. I thought the EC-50 was the better sound I was looking for. I was looking for something punchier than my pimped Squier Strat with Wilkinson pick-ups. I'm really pleased with the sound. The neck pick-up good for rhythm (think Highway to Hell AC DC) and the bridge for lead or rhythm/lead (think I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man and My Sharona). I'd heard ESP was for metal & punk & the like yeah yeah, well this guitar will play anything - R & B, blues, rock especially. Do what I do and tweak the amp and pedals. You might have guessed I play blues and rock and don't play thrash! Sounds good on a Roland Cube 30, better on a Randall RG40R and better again on a Tech21 Trademark 60 (wish I could afford it). Good clean sounds on both pick-ups and punchy. And also good when using overdrive or distortion pedals. Did I say I'm impressed? // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Set-up was good. I tweaked the bridge to lower the E and A strings but the high E end was OK. So the action was good from factory. Construction? Well I've had the EC-50 for 2 days so maybe in a years time I'll know for sure. But I've been over it and all the screws are in, there was nothing loose and nothing to criticise. Even the intonation was spot on. So for first impressions I'd say great. I see on an earlier review there was a comment on the lack of paint on the neck. I see nothing like that on mine, so mine is flawless // 10

Reliability & Durability: Will this guitar be reliable and durable? Hard to say after 2 days of ownership but I'm just left with the feeling this guitar is solid. All the controls were OK and everything seemed well put together (unlike the Squier Strat but now fixed). It comes with a lifetime warranty. The guys from BMJ, Brian and Julian, were really helpful, explained the controls and so on and they put up with me trying this guitar out on different amplifiers over a couple of weeks. So I'd take the guitar back there if I had a problem. So 10 for BMJ and 8 for LTD/ESP // 8

Overall Impression: This is my 3rd electric and been playing for 4 years now. I wish now I had bought the EC-50 rather than the Squier Tele (I'd still keep the Squier Strat though). This guitar just has a great feel. Not worried about a lack of pick guard either as I don't want to ruin a good looking guitar. // 10

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: groundler25, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Brick House Music

Features: So I had been playing guitar for maybe a year two at the most and I was ready for a new "decent" guitar. I fell in love with the shape of Les Pauls so this guitar had to have that shape. I was also very much a fan of Rage Against The Machine and still am so I wanted a guitar with a toggle switch. And I wanted a guitar with 2 tone knobs and a volume knob because haveing 4 knobs like standard les pauls confused me. And the other thing I wanted bit didn't "need" to have was a guitar with 24 frets. I had been begging my mom to buy me a new guitar for pretty much 3 months and kept getting shut down untill finally one day she said yes. I looked everywhere you could imagine for a new guitar except the internet [because I am very protective of my stuff and didn't want it getting broken in the mail] Then one day at school I overheard someone talking about this little music store downtown called Brick House Music. My first impression of the store was not a good one but when I walked in my jaw dropped. This little store had the coolest guitars I had seen by far. My mom put a $200 limit on the guitar. So instantly I asked the guy at the counter "What do you have for $200. And he gave me a blank look. He got up and walked over to the wall of guitars and looked for a moment and returned with an ESP-LTD EC-50. I thought "there is no way this is $200" but the price tag proved me wrong. I swear to you there was an aoura around that guitar and angels singing in the backgroundwhen I laid eyes on it... Or maybe it was the sound of feedback on an amp someone was using to play bass in the corner? I left the store that day with ESP-LTD EC-50 all chrome hardware, matte black body finish, dual humbuckers, 24 fret rosewood fretboard with ESP tuners and pickups, 2 tone knobs and one volume knob, a 3-way toggle switch. And I can't forget the jumbo frets. // 10

Sound: I like to play alot of things but the thing that made this guitar a must have for me was that fact it had 24 frets and that it had a toggle switch.This guitar sounds amazing no matter how bad you are at playing. You can throw and amp setting, pedal or what have you at it and it will still stay true. This guitar is very easy to solo on. Also the jumbo frets made tapping easier than taking a nap // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I have changed nothing but the strings on this guitar I have found no problems with this guitar and I have had it for a little over a year. I suggest cleaning the fret board and strings with like white mineral oil once a month or more I shines the board really nice and keeps the strings in much bettershape and makes the strings easier to play [don't ask what I mean idk how to explain it]. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar was made for live playing there is a cut away on the back of it that fits the curve of your body while standing. I would use this guitar and only this guitar while playing shows. I havedropped this guitar 1 or 2 times and it has sustained minimal damage and yes I did apoligize to it after dropping it like every guitar player should after he/she drops their "baby". // 10

Overall Impression: The rest of my set up is pretty simple I have 100w Peavey 210 trans chourus that is a trans-tube and a Digi-Tech RP 250 guitar processing pedal. If I was going ton vacation and Brought ny guitar with and the pland crashed and wrecked my guitar and I survived I wou buy 3 of these guitars to replace it. BUY THIS GUITAR. // 10

Price paid: A$ 400

Purchased from: Musos Stuff

Features: I've got no idea where it was made or when, the shop just wanted to get rid of it because they stopped selling ESP. It's got 24 jumbo frets that feel great to play on. The neck itself runs smooth but the gloss on it gets sticky. The pearl inlays look great. It was a bit weird to find it was bolt on cos it was a les paul. It's got an olympic white finish that goes for any style. A nice T-O-M bridge, 3 knobs (2 Vol, 1 Tone) and a 3 way toggle Switch. It has Standard ESP tuners which are horrible, pretty much the only bad thing. And 2 ESP humbuckers which really put out. // 9

Sound: I play Punk, Metal, and Ska. So I needed an outstanding crunchy tone but also something that sounds good on clean. And it definately works. I thought it had EMGs at first and was a bit dissapointed to find it had ESPs. But when I compared them to my friends EMGs, they sounded so much better! They work so well and I haven't had to raise or lower them, they're just great. I use a Peavey audition (Small but powerful) that gives a good overdrive. It's clear when you play it with distortion or anything, that it gives an impression that you're not messing around. When it comes to squeals and harmonics it's not too good, but still worth while. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set up really well, and as above, the pickups were perfect. Everything was fitted pretty perfectly too. The only things I found were a crack in the neck and the nut was off center. Aside from that nothing was wrong with it. Personally I think it looks so much better than the EC-1000. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've played with it Live once and it played great the whole time, it has great sex appeal haha. I thought it crapped out on me, but I realised I just stood on my lead and it fell out. The strap buttons are great, I haven't replaced them once. They keep the strap on no matter what really. It's very realiable in any situation, and cos it's bolt on it can be fixed easier, if you enjoy smashing it that is. // 10

Overall Impression: It suits what I play perfectly, how it sounds and how it looks. I own a lil cheap Monterey which I've had for ages, and it held up alright for a while but this just kicks it's ass. If someone took it, I would either hunt them down or go ahead and but a Dean or a Jackson. I find Dean to be the best guitars out there, then you've got Jackson then ESP. But that's me. It's perfect for mixed styles, but the tuners just don't hold up as much as you'd need them to. I had a choice between this and a Jackson JS1 Dinky. I got this cos it was cheaper, slightly. But I ended up getting the Jackson as well. Compared to the Jackson pickups the ESP ones arn't as good but they still do their job. Overall I'm glad I got it. And you've got to admit, it does look 10 times better then the EC-1000. It's a Les Paul, with a metal look. // 10

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: ShreddStarr, on november 15, 2012

Features: The ESP EC-50 is a great guitar. It features 24 jumbo frets on a maple neck and basswood body. The color I received mine in was Black Satin, even though regular black, white, red, and tobacco burst were available. The bridge is a Tun-O-Matic-like bridge over 2 steamy, ESP humbuckers. The 3 controls available are a tone knob and 2 volume knob, 1 for each humbucker. The non-locking tuners will keep the guitar in tune if tightened. My only complaint is that many of the twisting parts break fairly easily (tuner screws, cap screws, truss-rod, etc.), which I hope to get fixed. But the quality of instrument is amazing. // 9

Sound: This guitar sounds awesome! To good to be under $400. It's hot humbuckers sound full for metal and anything lower. You cannot go wrong with it's tone. And the sustain is fairly good. It pinches and bends with ease. Please do not falter in reasoning in buying the guitar for it's sound, that is no deciding option in choosing this instrument. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action fit and the humbuckers were at about a lower setting. The only problem is the truss-rod, which does not fit most allen wrenches. The guitar, I believe, was constructed in Asia, but the electronics were made in North America. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The action stays in place forever and the finish it durable, though it smudges easily. Beware: the tuners WILL gradually move. It will withstand gigging. I have not had hardware trouble. The strap buttons are rock solid. It proves as a useful lead or backup guitar. The finish ca scratch, but only with heavy picking. // 9

Overall Impression: I try to take advantage of the high gain pickups by trying to shred and playing with high gain techniques. This guitar is perfect. I love to death and would not trade it for most Gibsons (although I would like to add some Seymour Duncans). I love the playability and 24 fret range. Without compromise, this is the best guitar under $400! Kudos to you, Electronic Sound Productions (ESP). // 10

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: hujovaks, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: € 220

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Features: 24 frets, very comfortable neck. All tuning mechanisms are made out of chrome, Tune-o-matic bridge. Les Paul style body. // 9

Sound: It fits my music style very well, I'm using an Orange amp which has good gain and overdrive and it gives my guitar a very sweet tone. I'm playing a lot of solos with overdrive and this guitar makes them sound very well. The clean tone is definetly not as good as distorted/overdriven tone. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was realy well set when I first got it, the only problem was the hole where the cable comes in was loose but I fixed it very quickly, all exept that was very good. The pickups where adjusted well, I haven't even adjusted them my self yet cause they are already in a good position. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Yes, this guitar would definately withstand live playing. Hardware seems like it will last for a very long time, strap buttons are very solid. I would depend on it but I would bring a backup guitar. I have had it for like 2 weeks, but it seems like it would really last for some time. // 8

Overall Impression: I play a lot of heavy-rock, progressive rock and it fits my style very well. I've been playing for a year and I had a Squire Strat before this, and I can honestly say that this is way better than the Strat I had before. If it had stolen I would probably like save like 50 more bucks and buy next model of this guitar. // 8

LTD EC-50 Reviewed by: skasounds242, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: World of Music

Features: I bought this guitar last may, and I've been completely satisfied. It was made in Indonesia, with a rosewood fretboard on a maple neck with 24 extra jumbo frets. It has a basswood body, flat top Les Paul style with a TOM bridge and tailpiece, 3 knobs, 2 volume and 1 tone, the ESP tuners were very nice in my opinion and turned smoothly with mimimal effort. // 5

Sound: I love to play classic rock, and the sound compliments very nicely with Guns N Roses, Led Zepp. ZZ Top, Van Halen, ya know... The classics. It gave a bright distorted tone right away, as soon as I plugged it in at the shop it sounded perfect. At the moment I'm playing it thru a Line 6 Spider III and I use a Cry Baby Wah... Sounds beautiful. I previously owned a Squier Bullet Strat... This runs train on it. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought mine used so it was set up weird... Easily fixable. Even though it was used there were no flaws in the finish or the hardware, other than a loose nut on the input jack. The pickups weren't set up properly on account of it being used... Easy fix though. Hardware was perfect when I bought it, I beat it around alot but surprisingly there aren't any scratches. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'm only 14 so I've only ever played a school talent show, no problems there, I did replace the buttons with Dunlop straplocks though. The finish looks nice (I had black cherry) but I plan to be a luthier in the future so it underwent some cosmetic differences, I stripped it down, stained it dark cherry and gave it a flamed maple top which I dyed amber. // 5

Overall Impression: Overall its a great fit for me. I love it. I've been playing for a year or two and I never considered selling it from the start. I also own a 1941 Gibson ES-150 passed down to me by my grandfather (not really important) but if I ever lost this I would buy another, primarily because of how great the neck feels, I wish it had a more classic look (I.e. Top hat knobs, switchwasher, pickguard etc.) like I said, I changed the appearance alot. The sound and feel were great. // 7

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD GUS-600 FR Gus G Signature 7 Electric Guitars 09/11/2014