LTD EX-351 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD EX-351
This guitar features a mahogany body, maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, dot inlays with model name at 12th fret, EMG-HZ H-1 pickups, volume, tone and 3-way toggle controller, black hardware, 22 XJ frets.
 8.7
 8.8
 8.6
review (1) 10 comments vote for this gear:
LTD EX-351 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: - Made in Korea in between 2002-2003 (out of production now) - 22 XJ frets - Mahogany body - Rosewood fret board - Tune-o-matic bridge - EMG-HZ passive pickups - 1 volume and 1 tone control,3 way selector - nice finish, not easly scratched, looks beautiful. // 8

Sound: The first time I played this guitar my jaw droped to the floor, the stock pickups sound great, and you can hear every note clearly, even with distortion. I play alot of metal, but mostly hardcore, I find this guitar great for these kinds of music. I usualy have it tuned to drop C and I think it sounds amazing, even through my little 15 watt Marshall amp. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't buy this guitar brand new, but I got it in mint condition, the person I bought it from only had it for 3 months and send the bill of when he bought it to prove it. The action on the guitar is fine, no fret bussing or anything like that, the pickups needed to be raised just a little bit, I'm not sure if it care from the factory like that or if the guy before me screwed around with them. The finish on the guitar is beautiful, and can take a beating, this is a neck through guitar and I find that the neck can get a little "sticky" after being played on alot, but just wipe off the sweat and its fine. Only complaint I have is that the guitar is top heavy. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar seems great for live playing, it sounds great, looks great, and weighs nothing so it won't hurt ur neck playing for long periods of time. The hardware on this guitar is awsome, all black, and dosn't scratch off like some black hardware iv hade before. Strap buttons were a little lose when I first got the guitar, but I tightened them and have had no problems since. Again the finish is awsome and will not get scratched easly or show ware after alot of playing. // 8

Overall Impression: For metal and hardcore this guitar is great! This is my second guitar, and it blows my Epiphone Les Paul Special out of the water. If it were stolen I would find the person who stole it, rip off all the finger and toe nail, then drop him in a sandbox filled with salt. Then probably feed him to rabid chipmunks or somethin. To make a long story short I love this guitar and recomend you try one out if you get the chance. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD MH-103QM 8 Electric Guitars 08/07/2014