LTD F-100FM Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 03/08/2013 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD F-100FM
The F100FM is a true flame maple top guitar with dual ESP humbuckers, and a Tune-O-Matic bridge that strings thru the body for incredible tone.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.6
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.2
 Features: 8.4
 8.5
 8.4
 8.5
reviews (10) pictures (1) 17 comments vote for this gear:
LTD F-100FM Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Sam Ash (online store)

Features: The LTD F-100FM is a 2006 model. It is a See-Thru Black finish. It is a 25.5" scale with 24 frets. The body is agathis with a flamed maple top. The neck is a maple with a rosewood fretboard. A rare ESP feat. is the raw neck it sports unlike many other 100 series of guitars such as my Viper and my friend's Eclipse which have matching finish necks. The pickups are LH-100 passive pickups. The bridge is a string-thru body, with a tune-o-matic bridge piece. 1 Volume and 1 Tone knob with a 3 way pickup selector. Black hardware. Tuners are unknown to my knowledge. I would assume Standard Grovers or the like. Nothing included besides 2 allen wrenches, one for the truss rod and one for the volume knobs. However there was the boutique 2007 model catalogue included (considering I ordered the guitar this year). // 8

Sound: I play mainly metal. ESP make guitars with a great metal feel to them, so it should be obvious how this one turned out. The tone is perfect for giving me that bite without going over board and tearing it up. The cleans are decent but maybe just a little too much treble. I've adjusted the height of the bridge pickup, but that's the only adjustment I've made yet. The sound overall is really what I was going for. I've been considering throwing a new bridge pickup in, but I'm not going to jump on this decision as there is time to do so. I use a Marshall AVT50 and a Crate GTX15R and my pedalboard consists of a Boss MT-2 and a Dunlop DB-02. I wouldn't take this guitar too far out of the range of metal and hard rock, ESPs don't go too well outside of those genres and I think that's just fine. Overall though, with everything stock this guitar can tear through any crowd if you can play it right. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is fairly good, low like I like it. As mentioned earlier I did adjust the bridge pickup for that extra push in my tone. But otherwise the guitar plays like my others. Perfect. To my knowledge I haven't found a single ding or spot of rust on the wood or hardware. The nut seems a bit askew slanting to the right but causes no problems for the playing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I don't play live considering my friend and I can't find any other people solid enough in the local area to stick through the rough. I don't see any problems in the future with this guitar. ESPs are tanks all of them, a ding really makes no difference on an ESP. Just don't smash it on stage and you should still get sound out of it. The finish looks like it should be sturdy enough, but then again I like my guitars to have scars. Giving it the image of a long lived Legend. The strap buttons stock I wouldn't trust Live, since I dropped my ex's Epiphone from a bad strap torn loose. When I get more money I plan to by more Schallers. // 9

Overall Impression: For what I play I would say the F-100FM really fits right in my glove. For my 7 years of playing, I've went through Washburn, B.C. Rich, Dean, Ibanez, LTD and Jackson. I like my Randy Rhoads but I just really love my LTD Viper 100-FM, and the F is working it's magic on me as well. These LTDs are just good guitars. The guitar is lighter than my Viper and the raw neck is even nicer. Put some lube on that thing and your fingers will be flying. The raw neck is definitely my favorite feature other than the overall body appearance and the lightweighted-ness of the guitar. I really think this guitar was a perfect match for me and I couldn't have asked for another guitar this time around. Although this will never replace my Viper, this is a great guitar alongside my Viper. Two of the best damn guitars period. If you're looking at buying one, think about it and I would recommend ordering it. Fine built, and well playable. // 9

LTD F-100FM Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: € 300

Purchased from: Muziker

Features: I've been playing this guitar for about two years already.It was made in Indonesia. I purchased it before it was discounted. I was looking for something affordable with 24 rosewood frets. When I first saw this guitar I fell in love with it and decided to buy one asap. It has marvelous shape with see-thru black maple on aghatis body. It comes with black nickel Tune-o-matic, strings thru body, ESP LH 150 pickups and 3-way toogle. // 10

Sound: I play mostly metal and rock music, but it suits punk and hard rock as well.I plug it into my Crate Flexwave 120Watt amp and I don't use any pedals usually. Pickups have almost no noise and they are powerful, I changed bridge pickup for SD Sh-11 because it sounded little bit cheap, but for neck it works perfect. Guitar has nice warm tone due to rosewood neck and maple body, but on the other side it is a bit muddy and too bassy in some cases. But for any metal its OK. My teacher played jazz and rock with it and said its very good guitar when you compare price to quality. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I wish it could have lower action like Fenders do, but thats nothing what you should be concerned about. Clean sound is really nice and crisp, just the way I like it.It needed some set up before it was perfect. I play often 2 tones down and it has no fret buzz. The tuners are actually very very good. I change tuning from Standard to one step down and back every day or sometimes more times per day and it holds tuning like hell. The neck has no bad side, it has Dot inlas and model name on 12th fret. Sometimes I have problem with toogle switch, but just push with more power and its fine. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I played guitar live few times and it never let me down. It seems that the hardware will last for very long period and if you take care of it will last propably forever. LTD despite their lower price are generally well made. It happened only once that strap came off the button, but the strap was reversed and I was holding only strap. It fell down from 1 metre and nothing happened.I think you don't need any backup guitar. Only bad thing about live gigs is that it looks purple instead of black sometimes :) // 10

Overall Impression: Overall it is very good guitar suitable for more genres but preferably for metal and rock. Its my second guitar and I'm planning to buy another LTD (LTD-250), I need Floyd Rose. But I will keep this guitar because of great possibility for different tuning.If it were stolen I would kill those guys and definetely buy it again. I admire it look and good quality for affordable price. I needed 24 frets and you can't get that in other guitars for this price. // 10

LTD F-100FM Reviewed by: XxDiStUrBeDxX, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: This guitar has 24 jumbo frets rosewood. The see through black is pretty cool looking. The pickups are pretty good for the price you pay for this guitar. The body of it is pretty awesome. This guitar isn't the greatest for tapping. I'd get another if you like to tap a lot. The pickups are ok not great but ok. // 7

Sound: I mostly play from fast metal to some slow rock (Metallica in some cases). The amp I'm using with it is a Fender Squier Champ 15. This guitar is capable of some pretty good distortion. It can play pretty clean also. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar set-up at the factory came with a set of ghs-boomers. 10 gauge. The factory didn't set this guitar up like it should have been. Well at first I started to play it when I got it and the low 3 strings all buzzed against the frets when I played them. So I had to take off the strings and raise the bridge a little bit. Now my problem is everytime I put a high E string on and go from Drop C to Standard the string breaks. I have broke the high E string on this guitar 3 times. Then both the volume and the tone knob fell off. That wasn't really bad all I had to do was stick a butter knife in between the slow and make it wider so it'll hold. // 5

Reliability & Durability: In my opinion I wouldn't take this guitar to a live show. Save up for a better one in the F series (F-400). The hardware seems like it last. I would use this as a backup guitar. It is not very dependable. The finish of the guitar seems good enough to last. I've dropped this guitar a couple of times and the neck is only warped a little bit. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar matches my music playing but not good enough. I've been playing for around a year and a half and I own a DigiTech RP50 and this and a Fender squire amp. I really really wished I would've saved the money and bought a better guitar. I do love the looks of the guitar the guitar really is awesome looking. If this guitar were stolen I would probably either get a F-400 or the Jackson DK2 and replace the pickups with the Zakk Wylde set. // 6

LTD F-100FM Reviewed by: linud fan, on november 15, 2012

Features: FEATURES: *Made in China in 2009. *24 fret, rosewood, thin. *black satin finish. *String-thru. *Volume, tone, and toggle. *ESP double humbuckers. *non-locking ESP tuners. My only complaint is that the finish is easy to scratch. *Design is similar to one of slayers basses. // 9

Sound: SOUND: *I play a lil' bit of everything, and with a good amp this guitar will play any kind of music, with some cheap $50 amp though it won't play much more than hard rock-metal. I use a Line6 Spider IV and this guitar with it sounds better than any other guitar I've at least played. The treble issue that most people complain about with ESP guitars, really isn't all that bad, but it doesn't do as well as gibson, or Fender with a clean sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: ACTION, FIT, & FINISH: *Not a flaw, the guitar was exactly the way it should be when I got it no adjustments necessary. *The pickups were adjusted perfectly. *Bridge was where it should be. *Properly bookmatched top. *Not one flaw. *The guys at the store may have adjusted it, so I don't know abouted buying it off the internet, then it's just however the factory has it set up. But when I bought it, it was set up perfect. // 10

Reliability & Durability: RELIABILITY & DURABILITY: *It wouldn't be my first choice for live playing, but it is dependable. The hardware (rather than the guitars finish) I know will last. The fretboard though makes it extremely difficult (at least for me) to play form 1 minor bar chords. // 7

Overall Impression: OVERALL IMPRESSION: *This guitar is great for any hobbyist who would invest in a good amplifier, otherwise it's strictly rock or metal. *I've only been playing guitar for a little over a year, but I've been around music most of my life, and play a few other instuments. (Baratone, trumpet, and I play piano a little.) *If it were stolen, or lost, then heck no I wouldn't buy the same guitar again I'd either buy an ESP/LTD Eclipse, or a Fender Stratocaster. *I compared this guitar to another LTD like kirk hemmet of metallica uses and the only difference was the other guitar had a floyd rose. I chose this one becuase of it's awsome design. *I wouldn't argue with adding a floyd rose, an a set of EMG pick ups. *For any active musician I recommend a Fender or Gibson for an overall sound, but for just the music intended for this guitar, a real ESP, (not LTD), or a higher dollar Jackson would be a better way to go. // 8

LTD F-100FM Reviewed by: PaperStSoapCo, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Sound: I play hard rock, metal, light rock, classical, it's pretty good in most areas. Mostly I'm just playing clean and distorted. Nothing special. The pickups are good, not great. All I have is crappy practice amps, but I had the chance to plug into a Peavey. It sounded great. I'd say that it suits most types of music, but is meant for hard stuff. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I think that it was set up pretty well. I did have one problem (buzzing of the first and second strings at the 1st fret), but all I had to do was mess with the trus rod and now its fine. The pickups are good, but my original plan has to Switch them out for something else later on. I don't think I'll need to anytime soon. The other review talked about alot of problems I didn't have and I'm sure not too many others have. Bad luck, don't let that deture you from looking at this guitar. Also, I'd just like to add that if you go from a low tuning to standard you are asking to break a string, it is not a flaw in the guitar itself. I think that would happen with any guitar. I'm tuned down 1 1/2 steps down (C#). I won't break a string just to play in standard. I just move up a few frets. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar would be very relieable live. Everything seems built to last. The strap I put on it (PlanetWaves) has not come off once since I put it on the guitar when I got it back in August. I don't think there is a problem there. I don't think you would have to bring a back up, but it would be a good idea to be prepared no matter what guitar you depend on. You never know. // 9

Overall Impression: ESP's are put together very well. I know my next guitar will come from them. But as far as this one goes, it's all looks. You can get the same guitar for cheaper. The LTD F-50 is the same guitar. The stats are all the same. The F-100FM just has the flamed maple finish. So you pay $70 more for a pretty guitar. That doesn't mean this isn't a good guitar. It is a great guitar, but you can get the same body, sound and feel for $225 instead of $295. I didn't mind cause I got a discount. I ended up paying $5 less for the F-100FM. But it's all up to you. I wouldn't have bought it if it was all looks and it is a mean looking guitar, but it is a quality instrument. If you want an ESP, this is a good place to start. I've been playing for about 2 years, and this is my second electric guitar. I couldn't be happier. // 10

LTD F-100FM Reviewed by: linud fan, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Buddy Ringo's Drums

Features: I've owned this guitar for about a year now. Definitely not the best guitar I've played on, but it is worth more than the epiphone's and squire's I've played selling for $400-$500. ESP tuners actually keep the guitar in tune fairly well, as for Epiphones around the same price only keep the guitar in tune for as long as you can go without bending a string or even lightly tapping the machine heads. Passive electronics so you don't have to use batteries to power the pickups or whatever. Has a string-thru body but I prefer a Floyd Rose. The design is fairly original I've haven't found many guitars that look closely to this one. Basswood body with a flamed maple top. Has a STBLACK finish, not very common but everyone says they like it. Black nickle hardware, has one volume and one tone knob, although a volume and tone knob for each pick up would be better. Also has a 3-way toggle. ESP LH-150 pickups both bridge and neck, great for hard rock and metal, it also does well with blues, and plays country and jazz alrite. But the pick ups definitely would not be my first choice for any genre. Has a maple neck and rosewood fretboard, comfortable but not what I would use to shred on. Has 24 extra jumbo frets, dotted inlays with the model name at the 12th fret. It is a 2006 model, made in Korea. Also I would recommend getting a case, I payed another $100 for an MBT case and its been well worth it. // 7

Sound: This guitar sounds great for rock and metal type music. I play a lot of Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Nickleback, Joe Satriani, and Greenday an do a lot of blues improvisation. The distorted sound with this guitar is good, but it also has a decent clean tone. I use a Line6 Spider IV, an for my music stlye it works great. I also play with my schools jazz band and it works well for that. For a fuller sound I recommend medium instead of light strings. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought this guitar the bridge was perfect for me, but I like the action a little low. The neck pickup needed adjusting, it was a little to high but that was an easy fix. There was not a flaw on the finish, or hardware. Tuning pegs were on tight, no rust, no loose controls, etc. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has been highly dependable, no worries that anything would go wrong during a performance, I've performed with this guitar twice for a middle school jazz band concert and for a instumental competition at school where I took 2nd of 4 acts with it, and practice several hours a day on this guitar. I would feel comfortable picking this guitar up by the strap and swinging it around, the strap will not come off by accident and I've been using a First Act strap. I haven't had anything happen to this guitar yet and don't plan on it. You should't have a problem out this guitar until you decide to smash it. But in case of some freak accident I would definitely have a backup. But I'll soon be using this as my backup after I upgrade to a LTD EC-1000FR Deluxe this fall. // 10

Overall Impression: The only thing I regret about purchasing this guitar is that I did not ask if I could find another guitar with a Floyd Rose bridge for the same price. An come to find out I could have had a Kirk Hemmet series LTD with one, for the same price of $330. I love the sound of this guitar, but I would prefer EMG pick ups instead. This guitar still sounds great for metal and rock, most other genre's still sound alrite with it though. If something happened to this guitar I would definitely not buy the same guitar over but would upgrade to a higher dollar LTD. I've been playing for about a year and a half, but only have take guitar lessons for a little over a year. But I have had experience playing and performing with other instuments before guitar. I didn't compare this guitar to any other product, and I regret it, but I can't say that I'm disappointed with this guitar. Especially considering that my other guitar is so outdated I can't find as much as a photo of it anywhere on the internet, and it doesn't sound great at all for my style anyways. Unfortanately the old one looks like someone threw off the side of a building, and the woods chipped off and the finish has had the crap scratched out of it. Overall this is a great guitar and is definitely worth more than I payed. // 8

LTD F-100FM Reviewed by: joshmassey, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: C$ 350

Purchased from: friend

Features: I've owned this guitar for almost a year and a half, and I must admit for having original pickups and being droped or bumped more than a couple times, this guitar is built quite well. The bridge is okay when you find the right action hight, but one thing I've found is when sitting in some chairs the upper arm loves to dig into the ribs. Over all, it looks sick and is built to last. // 8

Sound: With a Zoom GFX-5 and a Roland amp to which I have no idea what it is, this guitar is amazing for metal. Its clean tone could be, well cleaned up a bit, but they still come out nice enough. I recomend it for metal and hard rock, because it loves low end tones. The highs come in nice enough for most forms of metal, but too low of tunings come out more dirty than clear. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I got it pre-owned but it was well taken care of. The action and paint are great, but again the bridge needs getting used to or setting for what you play. Over all I think its still an amazing guitar for how it is set up, other than the screw in my g string tuner fell out, but yet the tuner stays in place. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Without a genuine leather strap, I would not recomend agression and lots of movement while playing standing up. The strap buttons are a little small for a regular strap and need locks to keep it in place, but a Levy strap I haven't had it fall once. Live shows it sounds great and looks great, minus the lighting making it apear to be purple. Hardware has taken great abuse from random people playing it, and they still seem like new. Nothing really wrong with it for a live performance and I would definately go on stage confident that I won't need a back up guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: For metal this guitar is amazing for the price you can find for it, but for anything else that doesn't have the heavier sound to it, I would either replace the pick ups for better cleans or find another guitar. Over all I'm still being impressed every minute I play it for its agressive low end sound, with the neck pick up making it sound like a video game effect for sweeps and tapping. If it ever got stolen, I'd track the bas***d down and hurt him. This guitar was worth every penny paid. Only thing I wish I had were EMG's just because it would add to its sound and looks. // 9

LTD F-100FM Reviewed by: Cher0keeChi1d, on november 15, 2012

Features: The LTD F-100FM was made in China. It has 24 jumbo frets, with the model name on the 12th fret. The scale is 25.5''. It has a basswood body, with a maple neck, and a rosewood fretboard. The flamed maple top with a see-thru black finish, makes the guitar very pleasing to the eye. It has a tune-o-matic bridge with string-thru body. The pickups are ESP LH-150 humbuckers, and the hardware is black nickel. // 8

Sound: This guitar is obviously built for heavier rock, which is what I use it for. I only use a Fender G-DEC amplifier with it. It doesn't make very much noise. It's quieter than my other guitars. It has a "punch in the crunch", but clean, it only sounds decent. I've heard countless people say that it sounds much better if you install some EMGs. I may take a little cruise down that road myself. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I'm not much of a mechanic, so I rely on professionals to repair/adjust my guitars for now. The luthier at the local shop did some adjusting to it, but I'm getting some fret buzz on the G and D strings. There's also a little scrape near the pickup selector. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I don't play Live, so I can't say from personal experience, whether it can withstand Live playing or not. I've heard some people say they use it as a backup, though. It seems like it will last a while if you take care of it. You may want to have a backup just in case. // 7

Overall Impression: I've been playing for a few years now. This is a great guitar for someone Who plays heavy rock. I also own an Epiphone SG Special, and a Jackson JS30KV. If this guitar was stolen from me, I would either buy something from the MH series instead, or try a different brand altogether. My favorite thing about this guitar is the shape. It's incredibly pleasing to the eye. I just wish it sounded better clean. // 8

LTD F-100FM Reviewed by: JesusGuitars14, on november 23, 2012

Purchased from: A friend

Features: Manufactured in China, it has 24 frets, 25.5" scale, Tune-O-Matic bridge with string-thru body, ESP/LTD always as been known for making guitars for metalheads and the "F" model is not an exception besides that it has a flamed top in black finish made agathis, the fretboard is made of rosewood and the neck is made of maple. When I bought it had its stock passive pickups a couple of ESP LH 150 humbuckers (today I have it with EMG 81/85) a volume pot, a tone pot and one 3-way selector the hardware is black nickel. // 10

Sound: I play mostly metal, from the most classic (Iron Maiden, Riot, Judas Priest, Motorhead) to the more extreme (Kreator, Children Of Bodom, Death, The Black Dahlia Murder). From the beginning the guitar was adjusted to my style and my sound. I have already used various types of amplifiers as the Marshall MG100 and a 30w Laney hardcore series and some multi-fx units like the DigiTech RP355 and a couple of metal distortions (the EHX Metal Muff and the Boss Metal Zone), it's clean sound is also remarkable. The only thing I liked was that the stock pickups did not handle well the mids, or at least to my tastes that was the reason why I decided to change their passive pickups for EMGs, but let's face it, EMG can make any pickups look bad. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Since the purchase the guitar was well set, just made ​​a couple of adjustments to the string height and tension, since the guitar was calibrated for tuning in E and most of the song that I play are in D tuning or below, but besides that I don't think it gave me any other problem. The stock pickups where well adjusted. Another think I did with the guitar system was that when I change the pickups I did change the cable system of the pickup selector. The only flaw was that it brought the guitar volume knob was loose since the purchase but was not a bad to die for. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I think you can play live with this guitar without any problem, me and accompanied me to 10 gigs (7 as my main guitar) and have not had any major drawback. I already I have almost two years with it and its hardwares are still intact, the finish still looks pretty good, but it is appreciated the use of the guitar, I'm not really a big fan of the strap buttons because I have a good quality strap, even so the guitar tends to release, I haven't dropped it and luckily it never happened in a gig but still something I would like to correct. // 8

Overall Impression: As I said earlier, mine is metal and this guitar fits the metal! I have already been playing for 6 years, and in spite of being a low range guitar I think is a tremendous instrument good construction, good materials, something I would criticize is their stock pickups but hey, for only 250 $ this guitar many others kick in the nuts! Before I owned several guitars, I used to have a Ephiphone Les Paul Special, and a Ibanez GRG270, the LTD F100FM is more comfortable and its design is more my style. If I have to choose something I love about this guitar that must be it's Reliability and design and It's a Great Guitar if I lost it or it gets stolen I am pretty sure I would buy it again. // 9

LTD F-100FM Reviewed by: spn_phoenix_92, on march 08, 2013

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: I got this guitar off of eBay for a cheap $137 in a bidding war, it was almost new except for a small chip in the finish at the bottom left corner, but that doesn't bother me cause I can fix that right up if I want, but I bought this for a cheap backup. It must be a newer model cause it's made in China and has a basswood body instead of being made in Indonesia with an Agathis body like the ones from a few years ago. It features a Flamed Maple top, but it's a very thin veneer slab so it doesn't effect the sound. It has a bolt-on neck with 24 extra-jumbo frets and a 25.5" scale and ESP modeled tuners, a tune-o-matic styled bridge with a string through body, which gives it sick sustain. The electronics include 2 LTD-150 Humbuckers, 1 Volume and 1 Tone pot, and a 3 way selector switch. For the price, you can't find a guitar with this much great stuff, even the tuners are great, very solid and feel more like Gotoh tuners to me. For such great features at such a low price ($279 brand new) I'll give this a 9. // 9

Sound: I play any kind of rock, but mostly hard rock and metal (BFMV, A7X, Metallica, BVB, ect.) and this guitar suits that just fine. The frets are very fast and are great for hammers and pulls so it's perfect. The pickups are a little too bright for my taste, but that's mostly due to the basswood body. They are surprisingly very quiet when it comes to feedback, something I didn't expect to hear on stock pickups. They have high output and catch harmonics very well, but at higher volumes and distortion levels they get muddy, especially the bridge pickup. Since it's a lightweight wood, I'm gonna swap out some DragonFire Actives since they have alot of low end for use in light guitars, then it will be a beast, but for now I'll give it a 7. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: When I received the guitar, the neck needed adjusted and the action lowered, plus threw some Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms on it and its great now, the pickups were set fine and the intonation was alright. The finish is Transparent Black (but sometimes looks dark purple in certain lighting) with flamed maple, it's bookmatched really nicely too, much more like something in a $500+ guitar. All the parts including the input jack are very snug and secure. There is a little issue with the pickup selector when switching to the bridge pickup, but I quickly found out it was an improperly shielded wire connection that occasionally came in contact with the body of the switch, but I don't ever trust stock electronics and like installing new electronics myself so I don't mind it at all. For the great finish and snug parts, I'll give it an 8 cause of the selector switch. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I bought this as a cheap backup drop tuning guitar to use cause my other guitar is currently torn apart getting the Borax Swirl treatment and I won't be able to finish it for another few months, but when I get new electronics in this thing it will become my main guitar until I have enough for an ESP LTD F-400FM, then this will be the backup. The guitar I'm swirling will be my main standard tuning guitar. I haven't had it for long, but I would say that it could take a beating and be trustworthy for live play, of course not with stock strap buttons, I never trust anything but Schaller or similar strap locks for anything like that. I'd say it gets a 9 in durability for me. // 9

Overall Impression: Since I mostly play the harder stuff, ESP always seems to make every guitar based around that sound so any guitar from them would suit me, but the F models to most because of their unique sinister looks, I'd just with they'd have more color options like the F bass line, I'd die over a transparent black cherry F-100FM. I've been playing off and on for 8 years now, so I'm no expert at playing, but I feel more confident in my guitar repair work than my playing skill, that's where I excell, and this guitar seems like one of the best guitars I've owned for the money, only beat by a Epiphone SG G-400 and a Michael Kelly Custom I used to own, had to sell both, you know how money is nowadays. If it were stolen right now, I wouldn't mind too much cause I didn't pay much for it and would just buy another brand new instead, but if it was after I install all the new things I wanna add, then I would probably hunt them down cause I feel that this is gonna be one of those guitars I will never let go of. The only things I wish it would have instead stock would be a wider variety of colors and in burst finishes, like the 330FM series, black cherry burst all the way. I think overall I'm gonna give it a 9, cause it's a steal for the price, but it's not perfect. Now the F-400FM, that would get a 10 in my book.

// 9

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD MH-103QM 8 Electric Guitars 08/07/2014