LTD F-10 Pack Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD F-10 Pack
The ESP LTD F-10 Guitar is pure rock, from its distinctive angled shape through to its deep black finish. The special edition ESP amp, included in this impressive package, is excellent for practice, instruction, or jamming along with your favorite CDs.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.3
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.7
 Features: 8.3
 8.3
 8.4
 8.1
reviews (3) pictures (5) 37 comments vote for this gear:
LTD F-10 Pack Reviewed by: Shredlet, on november 15, 2012

Features: This guitar was made in China (like it says on top of the head), it has 24 frets the size of them is extra-jumbo. The neck is maple with a rosewood fretboard. It's got a solid black top. It's got a lovely black finish for that gothic looks but it does show up finger prints which can be quite annoying but nothing Mr. Sheen can't fix. The body stlye is F (hence the name F-10). The bridge is Tune-O-Matic with a string-thru body. It's got volume and tone controls aswell as 2 humbucking pickups and a 3-way toggle to switch between the pickups. I bought it as an ESP F-10 Pack for $550 AU which came with a bag, picks, tuner, amp, strap and a cable which is a pretty good price. The amplifier is pretty good it's got distortion which sounds pretty good nice and dirty I'd give it a 10! // 10

Sound: I play mostly rock and punk rock and it suits me pretty well. I'm using it with the ESP 10 amp which is pretty crappy but I'm happy with it and its better than it looks. This guitar can get quite noisy I'm being constantly yelled at by my parents for being to loud. I dont explore much sounds with it but I'd say it kinda hits around from rock to the darker areas of music but you can get a pretty nice sound out of it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was a bit low and I got some buzzing on the frets and I just mucked around with the action and got rid of it, it used to cut into the amp the buzzing and now it doesnt (I do get some buzzing when I'm not plugged into the amp but I can live with it). I don't know much on pickups but they seem fine to me I havent had a problem with them. The only annoying thing with it was the buzzing which does get quite annoying but just muck about with the action and it'll be fine. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I'd definately use it for a gig, I'm always bumping it and it still sounds the same. The strap buttons are solid for me to jump up and down when my parents arent at home. The finish is very nice, it has a few scratches but that was from me bumping it into stuff. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly rock and it's quite a good match and I love it! I've been playing for like 4 years but only started getting into it this year (the other 3 years I hated guitar and never practiced so you could say I kinda started over again with a little bit of technique). I would of definately asked about the buzzing but I didnt know anything about guitars back then. If it were stolen I would buy a later model like F-100 or 200 because its a very early model it doesnt have all of the features like the older ones do. I love the look of it and feel it feels so natural and looks incredibly awesome. Nothing much to hate about it just the buzzing is the only problem but that can be easily fixed. I do which it had some more pickups and another knob for it but I'm still happy with it. This guitar is great for Beginners to medium level players, but for say higher than medium and advanced players you may want a real ESP this is very good to muck with but it is a very early model. // 9

LTD F-10 Pack Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: guitar shop

Features: First off I actually bought it for 500 NZ dollars at the NZ Rockshop. Anyway, made in China (not sure what year), 24 frets, 25.5 inch scale, jumbo frets and I guess a thin you shape neck. Body is agathis, neck is maple with a rosewood board. Finish is extremely shiny black, no quilt top, binding or anything fancy. Body style is a sort of mutant Strat but not disgustingly pointy. Tune-o-matic bridge, string through body etc. 1 volume, 1 tone and 3 way toggle switch (more on that later). Pickups are passive ESP pickups, humbucker in the bridge and a HOT rails style single coil in the neck. Tuners are non locking ESP tuners and fairly low quality. The guitar came with a gig bag, a strap, a lead, an amp and three picks. Overall ok features but I was not expecting it to be amazing. // 6

Sound: The only songs I can play are metal, (Metallica, A7X, BFMV etc etc) I do listen to other stuff but I haven't learnt anything apart from metal for ages. Because of this when I am not riffing it to death I just like to wank up and down the neck as best I can. I have been playing about almost 2 years, self taught although I wouldn't recommend it. The hardest thing I can play well is the creeping death solo. This being the case this guitar is quite good, higher fret access is really good and the neck is nice and fast. The amp that came with the guitar is crap, don't even bother with it. I now have a Peavey Vypyr 15 which I love to death, a Zakk Wylde wah and (summon the trolls) a Boss Metalcore. Given that most guitars sound quite similar to me I go by how they feel. This guitar plays really well even after what I've done to it (an incident involving 12-60s and standard tuning) and feels comfortable and well balanced when standing up. On my Peavey I use a sound that is clean but right on the edge of crunch, on this the guitar sounds pretty good, the bridge pickup is quite bright. The neck pickup is very warm and bassy and is a lot bigger sounding. On distortion I use the metalcore at full gain for bone breaking chugging. On a completely clean digital amp the metalcore sounds extremely thin, trebly and shit. However when fed into to my almost crunch sound and with high mid and treble eq it sounds amazing. Because of the ludicrous gain there is a bit of buzz/hum etc and when I turn the wah on there is some weird whooshing wind noise. Both pickups are quite muddy down low but the bridge pickup is alright for Metallica riffing etc, when soloing I use the neck pickup because it sounds full and warm and just really nice. The bridge pickup is quite harsh and trebly up high. In terms of variety I think this guitar is fairly limited, the tone pot does nothing except make the sound extra muddy and the pickups lose a lot of top end when the volume is rolled back. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got the guitar out of the box it was fine, not in tune but oh well. I broke the high E as soon as I tuned it and immediately panicked. I was extremely noobish then. Given my noobishness I can't remember what the action etc was like but it must have been fine because I had no problems playing it. Finish is good and strong, only got two chips after a year. The finish also picks up dirt, fingerprints and anything else you care to name with ease, it looks fine from a distance but up close... Frets are fine, starting to get a bit worn though. Woods all seem to be fine. Hardware is mostly ok except for the pickup switch, no rust or anything loose. Bridge is fine, intonation is fine etc. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Will this guitar stand live playing? Probably, it has survived my friends at least. The hardware seems sturdy enough except for the pickup switch which recently broke and means I can only use the bridge pickup which is intensely annoying. Strap buttons were solid enough to break the strap that came with the guitar and I have since installed a DiMarzio cliplock strap (in neon green) I would never gig without a backup but if you were careful I expect it would be ok, it holds tuning well enough as long as you don't get too crazy. Finish is solid so no worries there. Another thing is that during my noob stage I strung this guitar with 12-60s and put it in standard. As a result the neck was bent to hell, however when I put 10-46s on it it was fine again and it is still fine now. // 6

Overall Impression: This guitar is definitely good for metal, it has a humbucker, a fast neck and it's pointy and black. The range of sounds I fairly small and as I keep playing and get better gear this will probably become my pissing around guitar. I own no other gear except for the stuff mentioned before. I wish I had got this guitar professionally set up as I'm sure this would make it better to play. If it were stolen I would be annoyed but then again the thief would be getting a guitar covered in drawings so they wouldn't take it in the first place. If this did happen I would probably buy something better e.g. Schecter or Ibanez. I love the shape, it wondrous to behold and very comfortable, also the neck is great. I don't like the broken pickup switch or the iffy tuners but nothing really major. I compared to other starter guitars and chose this one because it looks beastly and is also quite well made. I wish it had a floyd, perfect frets, a Seymour Duncan blackout, a Sustainiac and no goddamn tone knob. Overall a perfect decent starter guitar but that's all it ever will be unless you modify it. (As I plan to). // 6

LTD F-10 Pack Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

Features: I was given this guitar for christmas this year to start me off playing a electric guitar. The guitar comes with a ESP 15w amp which is perfect for beginners, guitar strap, picks, soft shell bag, 10ft cable, electric tuner and when ordered through gak.co.uk, a choice of free rotosound strings. The Guitar features 24 frets (maple neck), 1 humbucker pickup(bridge), 1 stacked pickup(neck), string through body design and a unique body style. // 9

Sound: This guitar is perfect for anyone who wants to start playing rock or metal guitar. The bridge pickup is perfect for any metal riff and the bridge pickup helps to keep the sound balanced. The amp with the package features a overdrive button which gives the guitar a more distorted rock sound. The amp also allows you to change the treble, middle and the bass, aswell as having a headphone input so you can play silently. If you want to play rock or metal, then this package has the best sound of any starter guitar // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was bought online and when I got it, the guitar was already tuned to E Standard which is perfect for any beginnner. The guitar is very well made and I can't fault the quality, it hasn't let me down once and its very reliable. The tuner provided also helps as it tell you what note the guitar is currently in and how out of tune it is. // 10

Reliability & Durability: As I said before the guitar is very reliable and I would use this guitar live because of the high sound quality and its durability. The only thing I wouldn't use live is the amp, simply because its not ment to be used live, its a practice amp (don't misunderstand me, the amp is brilliant). I'm almost certain this guitar will last for a very long time and the finish and setup is perfect. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall this guitar is perfect for any beginner looking to start playing rock/punk or metal. The guitar is beautifully made and sounds better than any cheap Fender rip off or squire. I've only been playing since christmas but already I can play a few green day songs and some rock classics. If this guitar was stolen I would 100% buy it again, I love everything about it, its looks sound and its uniqueness, its different from a boring Fender rip off and sounds and looks better too. Its easy to play and I can't fault it, I would highly recommend this guitar to anyone. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD KH-2 9.3 Electric Guitars 06/23/2014