LTD F-250 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 05/05/2014 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD F-250
The F-250 Features a neck-thru-body construction, 25.5 scale, agathis body, 3-pc. maple neck, rosewood fretboard, Arrowheads inlays w/name at 12th fret, EMG-HZ H-4 set of pickups, volume, tone, 3-way toggle, black hardware, and Licensed Floyd Rose bridge.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.9
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.8
 Features: 8.3
 8.7
 8.8
 8.6
reviews (16) pictures (2) 33 comments vote for this gear:
LTD F-250 Reviewed by: sHieZaN, on november 15, 2012

Features: - Made in Japan, 2004 - 24 extra jumbo frets - Rosewood fretboard - Maple neck - Finish color: black - Body style F-250 - Floyd rose tremolo - Volume and tone control - 3-way toggle - EMG humbuckers // 10

Sound: I play metal and alot of hard rock. This guitar matches me. First I bought the F-100, but the sound was crap, so I returned it right away and got this. This sounds pretty good with a Marshall amp. I've played on other guitars with active pickups, but this one has the clearest but best sound. The other guitars are all fuzzy compared to this. I don't have a problem with the sound on this guitar with distortion, but the clean is kinda plain. If you wanna play clean most of the time, this is not the guitar for you. You should get a Fender or Gibson. This guitar was built for metal and other types of hard rock. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I picked up this guitar, it had no flaws in it. The only problem that pissed me off was the floyd rose tremolo. If I want to tune the guitar, I'd have to get a wrench and twist the bolts out, but I lost my wrench, so I'm stuck. I have to go to a nearby music store to get it fixed up. Thats the only problem. Other than that, the guitar is well made. The neck feels good, and the guitar looks nice. The neck on this guitar feels better than Ibanez guitars. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Yeah this guitar is well made, just like any guitar with the ESP badge. The hardware is well made. Everything is solid and fine. I dropped this guitar a few times, but I didnt get any damages. The only scratches came from ma monster cable when I threw it on the floor and accidentally hit my ESP. So far I've had this for half a year and I only got a few minor scratches on it. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is for anyone who loves hardrock or metal on a low budget. This guitar is only 400-500 dollars but it should be worth maybe a couple hundred more, maybe even up to a thousand. If this was stolen, I might get this, or maybe try a new guitar, because I know there are alot of other good guitars out there, and I want to try all of them out. I love the killer loook on this guitar. If I walk to a music store like guitar center or samash with it, people always ask how much the guitar was, and if I say 450, they tell me that they priced it way too low. If you buy this, this will last you a long time. I play this a couuple hours everyday because the neck feels comfortable. // 10

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: metalgirl0, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Steve's Music Store

Features: Bought in december 2007, this guitar is made in Indonesia. It has 24 extra jumbo frets, neck-thru construction (the access to the 24th fret is incredibly good). It has an Agathis body, maple neck and a rosewood fretboard, black finish (well mine does), and a ESP F body shape. There's also a Licensed Floyd Rose double locking tremolo. The pickups are EMG-ESP, the equivalent of EMG Hz passive pickups. The controls are volume, tone, coil tap (on the tone knob) and a 3-way pickup Switch. // 9

Sound: I am using a Crate GTX65 solid-state amplifier. With this guitar, it sounds really great. I mostly play heavy, thrash, progressive and power metal, but I also play hard rock and some blues. The sound of this guitar suits all of these styles. Obviously, it is noisy when it's set in single coil mode with a lot of gain and distortion. The pickups are passives and sound very good. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I took it out of the box, everything was well adjusted, and the guitar itself was in tune. I installed the whammy bar and made some dive bombs with it, but one of the locking nuts was not completly inserted so the guitar went out of tune, so I tuned it and everything went well. The guitar stays pretty well in tune, it doesn't really have any flaws, except that with the Floyd Rose, it's a pain to tune and for string change. But you get used to it, so it doesn't matter after a certain time of use. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The quality of this guitar is amazing, everything seems that it's gonna last for long. The strap buttons are solid and not too small so you don't need strap locks. I would definately depend on it for gigs, but since changing of tuning with a Floyd Rose takes more time (because of locking nuts), I would probably bring another guitar to play songs that requires alternate tunings, except that, I would be able to use it without any other backup guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is a very good match for any kind of metal music, plus, it sounds great for hard rock and blues, it is versatile. This is my second guitar, I have been playing for 2 years and a half, and I have this guitar since december 2007, my other guitar is a Ibanez GAX70. If it was stolen, lost, or break, I would probably get another one, or the F-400 since it has flamed-top, active EMGs. The thing that I love the most about this guitar is it's incredibly thin neck, the easy high fret access and, most of it, it's neck thru construction. The only thing I wished it had, is active EMGs. // 10

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: This is a newer version of the F-200 it was new for 2004 and being an ESP it was made in America. It features 24 frets, rosewood fingerboard, EMG HZ H4 passive pickups, floyd rose locking tremelo and non-locking grover tuning heads with a mahogany body so it is beatiful. Controls are 3-way toggle Switch and 1 volume and 1 tone. // 10

Sound: I mostly play Metallica styles music and this guitar sounds great for it but this guitar can pull of any sound you want. It has a really fat sound and real high output but no noise or feedback at all so it is brilliant. I use a Marshall 100HDFX and it sounds great and when I ran it though my mates Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier it sounded even better! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I unpacked the guitar it was set up tuned and ready to play and thats what I did. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It is perfect but the finish is really easy to scratch thats the only problem other wise it's more durable than stone. // 8

Overall Impression: It looks heavy sounds exellent and above all it a and all round wicked guitar! I recommend it to anybody who likes good sounding and good looking guitars. // 10

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Sound: This guitar has the best and most variety of sounds I've ever seen. I can turn on the bridge pickup with the tone all the way up to play Metallica, or use the neck pickup with the tone 1/4 of the way on to sound like Eric Johnson. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was almost in tune from the factory. I like how the pickups are adjusted, so I left them alone. No flaws at all anywhere on it. The finish is very deep black and very durable. The action is amazing with 9 gauge strings, 24 Extra Jumbo frets, and a 25 1/2" scale. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar seems very durable. It would be fine for a gig without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: My style of music is basicly everything. I'll play everything from bluegrass to heavy metal. I've been playing for about 2 years. Other guitars and stuff I have is an Ibanez EX370, an Ibanez Artcore AS83, a Dixon SE, a lotus Strat copy, a Kramer that I can't figure out the model of, a Yamaha FG-1 Junior travel acoustic, and a Carlo Robelli 12-string. The amps I have are a Roland Micro Cube, a Gorilla Tube Cruncher, and a Guitar Research Tube Solo. I have a Zoom GFX-5 for effects. The F-250 works great with all of these things. // 10

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: HC-Deathroll, on november 15, 2012

Sound: I play tons of stuff. Metal, alternative, rock, hard rock, etc., just a very wide range of styles. I haven't found a place where this hasn't suited me. Although, you may not want to gun for this if you're looking for cleans tones. I've used this on a Traynor Reverb 30 watt and a Spider II 212 150-watt. On the Traynor I've used a Boss Mega Distortion pedal. On either of these setup's it sounds pretty good. This guitar is definetly made for metal. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this set-up very well. the action was great and it felt pretty good all over. Nothing out of the ordinary for a high quality product coming from ESP. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Definetly can withstand live playing. I've used it many of times at gigs and band practices. I've had this about a year now, and I've had a couple dings in it, but that was me being careless. I smacked it pretty hard on the edge of my desk and it took a little nick out of it, but nothing a sharpie didnt fix. I did hit it one other time and it has a very tiny dent in it, but it's very hardly noticable. // 10

Overall Impression: Great for metal and hard rock. I've been playing about 2 years and I have a few guitars. This, An Ibanez GRX20 (First Guitar), A Ibanez SZ520, and A Japanese made Telecaster knock-off. Spider II 212 and a Traynor 30 watt Reverb mate. Boss Distortion pedal. This guitar kicks the shit out of the other guitars I own. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably cry, hunt down who took it, or just buy a new one. Anyway, I'd want it back. The shape is sick. I love it. The feel is great. I obviously picked up this guitar based on the big three; feel, looks, and sound. // 10

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: zerowing, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Sound: I play (hard) rock, metal, and some blues. This guitar is perfect for those genres. Some people say that it's clean sound isnt that good, but that seemed unfounded. It's not narly as perfect as a LP, but it does a pretty good job. I mainly use my Roland Microcube as a bedroom amp, and a larger Marshall amp. No noise at all. If you want feedback, you'd have to max out your gain. No complaints about that. This guitar has huge sustain, becuase of its neck-thru construction. The sound is rich and bright. With the tone all the way down, it doesnt seem muddy at all. This guitar was made for Hard Rock and Metal, though if you know how to tweak your amp/pedal/etc, you'd be able to pull off more sounds. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up nicely. I just had to tune it and I was ready to play. The pickups are in the right position, and so is the bridge. The floyd rose is the low profile version, so it isnt obtrusive whne playing. The action is perfect; very fast. The finish is perfect, no flaws. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I took this guitar on a few small gigs, and it held out nicely; no complications. this guitar will last forever. The hardware is all tightened and in perfect condition, no corrosion. I replaced the strap buttons with Dunlop strap locks, so no comment on those. This is a dependable guitar if you take care of it at home, though even if you didnt it'd still last you many years. I would never gig without a backup, and since it has a floyd, you'd want to have precut strings. The finish will last. // 10

Overall Impression: I play (hard) rock, metal, and blues. This guitar is perfect for all three. I've been playing for about 8 years, and my other guitars were a cheap Strat knockoff and a Epiphone Les Paul Standard. This guitar blows them away (though that's what you'd expect from a higher-priced guitar) If it was lost or stolen, I'd probably get a mid-pro guitar, though this will be my main guitar for years to come. The only thing I wish it had was the two-tone, two-volume configurations of Les Pauls. All in all, this guitar is for those on a tight budget, though it's well worth its price and more. // 10

Purchased from: Music123

Features: 2005 ESP/LTD F-250 in Black, made in Indonesia. Agathis body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, 24XJ frets, arrowhead inlays, extra thin you neck shape, locking nut, body through neck construction and a licensed Floyd-Rose bridge. Two EMG-HZ H4 passive pickups, 3-way switch, 1 volume, 1 tone. For the money you can't get any better than ESP/LTD. // 10

Sound: I run this through a Line 6 Spider III and play exactly what it was built for: metal. the body gives a rich sound and has very good sustain. Not your first choice for a clean sound, but if you turn the volume down a bit it does ok. Any one even considering an ESP should be familiar with EMG's and not need an explanation of their sound. However, many people will write off this guitar becuase it uses the passive H4 as opposed to the active 81. Having played both, the passive pickups are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. The H4 is wired exactly the same as the 81 (minus the battery pack) and you get the same massive sound. Don't forget that Alexi Laiho's guitars all have the H4 pickup. The only difference and detraction of the H4 is its tendency to feedback if you get too close to the amp. So if you like standing right in front of your amp while playing and don't like the feedback you can buy an 81 for about $70. Both H4 and 81's use EMG's quick-connect wiring. That being said, if you buy an F-250 (or any ESP equiped with H4's) made in 2006 or later you will not get EMG-H4 pickups. Instead you will get ESP's attempt at the same pickup called the LH-300. The pickup covers on these guitars will say ESP instead of EMG. I have not played any models with the LH-300's and therefore can give no opinion on their sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The inital set up on my guitar was not very good, horrible infact. The neck was warped and the action was rather high. By adjusting the truss rod, bridge springs and screws I was able to get a wonderfully low action that is next to perfect. The extra-jumbo frets make for very easy tapping/hammer-ons/pull-offs. The neck feels great and is just the right size. People complain about the Floyd-Rose being a pain to tune/change strings, but with a little know-how and patience it's really not that bad. It holds it's tune very well and I rarely have to tune this guitar by unlocking the nut screws. Most tuning issues can be resolved with the micro-tuners on the bridge. Oh, and you can do divebombs all day and it will stay tune. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very solidly built, The only plastic parts are the pickup covers and the little piece at the end of the selector Switch. I have had mine for over a year now and it has held up great to everything. I replaced the Standard strap buttons, though they were good, with Schaller locking buttons. The F body style guitars are very comfortable standing for long periods of time. It is perfectly balanced and will not droop down if you let go of it. I use a $5 strap that feels fine for hours and never tires my shoulder. My SG, however, gets tiresome after only a few minutes. And oh yea, likes to dive towards the floor first chance it gets. // 10

Overall Impression: The F-250 is a great guitar, but the price is amazing. You could easily expect to pay double for a guitar with the same features as this. There are the "expensive" guitar brands (ESP, Gibson and Fender) Who all have their more "affordable" lines (LTD, Epiphone, Squier). Unlike the other brands, LTD's quality is very close to ESP's. I once played an ESP Eclipse II and an LTD EC-1000 side-by-side and almost couldnt tell the difference. ESP/LTD makes high quality guitars at very reasonable prices. I would definately buy this guitar again. In my opinion ESP is the best guitar company out there. // 10

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: skydemon666, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: This amazing guitar was made in Indonesia and inspected in the USA. It has 24 frets, with a 41mm scale. Neck-tru body. Jumbo frets made of maple and rosewood. Solid top made of Agahis. Comes in Black or Gold with a really cool body shape. It has a floyd rose (low profile) ESP EMG LH-300's (a rip off of the EMG Hz4's, passive). Has a vol/tone w/ push pull coil tapping. Locking ESP tuners. Comes with stickers. // 8

Sound: I love this guitar. I play metal blues and classic rock and it fits each perfectly. I use a Spider III 15 on it with a DigiTech RP-80. it's noisy but with a noise gate it is silent. It sounds great on all settings, and no matter what you play it sounds good. This guitar can do anything. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This has a bit high action, but that's great for note bending. The pickups are adjusted perfectly, the entire guitar is made perfectly ecxept my e string floyd rose fine tuner is a bit tight, but I'm sure it's fine. What esle can ecpect from ESP? The finish has lasted through my abuse, and it just fits right on my body like we were ment to be. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've had this guitar for about 3 months now and no problems yet. I have played it Live but with a very small audience. The straps are solid and you need not to worry about them. I would depend on this guitar at anytime (not my amp though). So far my finish has been staying on, so this guitar is pretty much perfect. // 10

Overall Impression: Thruough any style you can think of, this guitar will pull you through it. I've been playing for 2 years, and I have this Spider III 15 and DigiTech RP-80. I wish a had a d-tuna for this though. If I didn't have this guitar I'd get it again. I love the neck-thru, the floyd rose, the humbuckers, the look, the feel, the playability, everything. If the Les Paul and the Strat had a baby, this would be it. I chose this guitar for the price and the style. The only thing I would change is swapping the humbukers out for EMG 81's and 85's and making it out of mahogony instead of agahis. This guitar plays so fast, and so nice, and that is why I got this guitar. // 9

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: Realturka, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Second Hand

Features: All the peoples up there got the most of the features, I'm not going to write down all those again. It says it was made in Indonesia, probably a year ago (the dude had it for a year). I'm truly confused about the color, because it's not white, but it's not black either. It's something like sparkly beige, with a hint of gray. A chick in my school insists its 'diarrhea'. It doesn't have a coil tap, and it has EMG LH-300 pickups. That's about it. It's a pretty cool guitar. // 10

Sound: The dude Who sold me the thing said he wanted to buy a Fender Strat because he couldn't get enough tones with the F-250. But he insists that it is perfect for metal, and I agree. The agathis body doesn't seem to affect the sound very much. I didn't get a good amplifier yet, but I played it through some Randall amps, and I can tell you that it was made for metal. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action is pretty awesome, and there is almost no buzzing, which is only audible when playing without an amp. Sweeping doesn't seem to be a problem, but I think my fat fingers are a bit too sloppy for the last 7 frets or so. No problems with the pickup selector, but some of the neck pickup's screws seem to be rusting just a little bit. The dude Who sold it to me says he didn't play it while wearing anything with a zipper or metal buttons, and it's scratchless. It's almost perfect. // 9

Reliability & Durability: As always with cool shaped guitars, the pointy parts get dents no matter how careful you are. There are some little dents on the top, and there is a big dent on the very bottom, but it was painted with black nail polish. It looks a bit funny. And some parts of the FR is a bit worn out, but just a little bit. Nothing serious. Other than that, it seems pretty solid, I would play Live with it. But I would definetely keep a backup, because it's got a Floyd Rose! Hardware seems good to me. But about the strap buttons. The dude Who sold it to me gave a Planet Waves Locking Strap with it. It's very hard to put it on the bottom strap button, because of the 'radical' shape of the guitar. You might want to get a straplok. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is pretty Methul. This is my first guitar and that's why I couldn't explain much about it, sorry. If somebody stole it, I'd definetely buy another one, or something similar. Maybe M-200FM. By the way, it is comfortable. I've played it in a lot of positions, and haven't been jabbed in any part of my body. I love it. I can't explain why but I love it. // 10

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: ESPmetalman3, on november 15, 2012

Features: Neck-Thru-Body Construction 25.5 Scale Mahogany Body Maple Neck Rosewood Fingerboard 42mm Locking Nut Extra Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Black Nickel Hardware ESP Tuners ESP Floyd Bridge ESP Passive Pickups Finish: Silver This beast is made in Indonesia (not quite sure when but probably around 2004) It has 24 frets, a Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard, a solid Mahogany body, Black hardware, ESP pickups, ESP "floyd" bridge, and a 42 mm locking nut. // 8

Sound: I play mostly Metallica, Megadeth, and some blues; and i gotta say, it fits these styles perfectly, I've had it for about 4 months and it still impresses me with its variety of sounds. I use it through a...**sigh** Marshall MG30DFX, **pauses for booing** I know, might not be the greatest Amp ever, but it actually sounds very acceptable using this guitar, I plan on getting a larger tube amp when i get the money. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is great, never had to change it, although I did need to slightly raise the pickups to get more gain out of it. The ONLY major problem in the guitar is its finish...I liked the pain-job, and it never came off, but what did come off was the shiny metallic layer on top of it, and it chips really easily, so I would recommend getting it a hard-case. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I gigged with the guitar a couple of times, never disappointed me, although I gotta have a backup guitar when playing live, I would never expect anything to go wrong with it. // 9

Overall Impression: The guitar is perfect for more aggressive playing styles, AND sounds great clean. I've only been playing for about 2 years, this is my 2nd guitar, and i gotta tell you, its quite a huge upgrade from a Yamaha! If it were stolen, I'd probably save some more money and buy the F-400 version of it, since it has active EMGs, and a Licensed Floyd-Rose, but for intermediate guitarists looking for a rich, aggressive tone, for a reasonable price...I'd definitely recommend the F-250! // 9

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: paesano, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: musiciansfriend

Features: It was made in 2007, I'm not sure where it was made. Came with 24 Jumbo Frets, Agathis body with Maple 3 piece neck. I wanted the platinum model but I settled for the black because the platinum was on back order. Bridge was a Licensed Floyd Rose floating tremolo, passive LH-301 pickups, Volume/Tone/Pickup selector controls and stock tuners. // 7

Sound: It was well suited for rock and metal which is what I was playing at the time, I was playing it through a Kustom Quad Jr. Halfstack with Metal Muff distortion and a BBE Dual Maxcom Compressor/Limiter/Maximizer. The pickups are noisy, I compared them to my Schecter with passive EMG H4s and the H4s are considerably quieter and more articulate. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar's action came set pretty low. I only had to lower it a quarter turn to get it where I wanted it, the pickups were set correctly and the neck plays very fast and comfortably. The neck is nice and thin, not quite as thin as a Jackson Kelly but close. The controls were good for a while but 6 months later the volume knob kept coming loose no matter how much I tightened the set screw and eventually it wouldn't stay on tight at all. The knobs' action is very loose and feels kind of cheap. The tremolo goes out of tune really fast, regardless of how much you tighten the locking nut, dive bombs will throw it out of tune drastically. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't play Live with this guitar as much as it goes out of tune. I found myself retuning it more than I was playing it so eventually I stopped using it and bought a Schecter with a tune-o-matic which stays in tune much better. The hardware such as the bridge, nut and tuners are solid and I never had a problem with them but I wouldn't depend on it due to the tuning and the knobs. It feels like it will wear out pretty quickly. // 6

Overall Impression: It was a great match for The Music I was playing, the way it looked and the way it sounded. I've been playing for 17 years and I've owned 3 other guitars with Floyd Rose tremelo, a Washburn, B\.C\. Rich, and a Kramer. If it were lost or stolen, I'd forget about it. I don't play it anymore. It's an ok guitar if you're on a budget but if you want something that will last longer and perform and sound better, I'd save my money for something different. I love the way it looks but I hate the quality and the shoddy pickups. I didn't compare it to any others because I loved the design. I wish it had a better tremolo and better pickups. // 6

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: gmunnywhiskers, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: The F-250 bears the ESP brand name and lives up to it. It features an agathis body, neck thru construction, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 42 mm locking nut, thin neck, jumbo frets, two ESP humbuckers (I replaced with EMGs), ESP tuners, and a licensed Floyd Rose. The only bad feature is the licensed floyd. Do yourself a huge favor and toss the trem arm away, cause the second you touch it, you will go out of tune. The ESP humbuckers aren't bad for stock pickups, but i really wanted EMGs. The hardware is all well working and in order. BTW the guitar is beautiful to look at, and light as hell. // 8

Sound: I play metal, and this is an ESP. Of course it does its job well. i run it thru a Crate GDT65 at practice and it sounds great. I had buzz problem with the saddle, but that was my fault not the manufacturers, I accidently scratched it really hard where the string touches, but tightening down on the fine tuner, so the saddle bends up, eliminated the problem. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is low and easy, but I have never had a fret buzz, so it's great. If you don't like low action (Who doesn't?), don't get this guitar, or any ESP altogether. Everything was put together well, I honestly couldn't find a problem, with it. ESP is definately a name I trust, and I have never regretted it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've beaten this guitar the f--k up. My strab broke once, it hit the floor hard, and only a small chip at the base near the strap button. Got another chip on the headstock from rocking out to hard and hittin that shit on the wall. All my fault but she still plays amazing. I've easily racked up days and weeks in play time on this guitar. Still plays like it came out of the box. // 10

Overall Impression: Great for metal (all I play). I've been playing three years, and own a Schecter Omen and had a Dean ML shadow for a year. I would definately rebuy this guitar if it was lost stolen, it is my favorite out of all I own. I Love how beautiful it is, how easy it is to play, plus the memories on it lol. My only regret is that shitty licensed floyd. Might as well be a string-thru. Honestly though, if you are thinking about it, stop thinking and buy it. You will not regret it. // 9

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Features: The model I have is the 2009, although they discontinued it. It has 24 frets with real pearl inlays, jumbo frets, and an alder body with a maple neck. The model I have are ESP pickups, however some have EMG HZ. The guitar itself is very cheaply made. The tuners wobble and it actually is coated in plastic instead of having a real paintjob. Also, it has Floyd Rose special. It is also cheaply made and when the plastic paint and the fake Floyd Rose combine, this thing just sounds awful. // 3

Sound: I play almost anything. Hendrix, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Slightly Stoopid, and the coil taps help somewhat for being a flexible sounding guitar. However, the guitar itself sounds very muted and has almost no tone, making power chords sound like crap. // 3

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was mediocrely set up. The whammy bar broke, and one of the screws for the bridge actually fell off randomly, and I still can't seem to find it anywhere. Also, the cable input constantly gets loose and I need to adjust it almost everytime I play it to keep the cable in. // 5

Reliability & Durability: Wobbly tuners, and the tremolo arm actually snapped on me. I contacted ESP three different times to get a new one and they said they sent one up. Conviently, each three times, I never got one. Due to the plastic paintjob, this guitar scratches and dents VERY easily. I would never take this guitar on stage, due to the lack of tone. I probably wouldn't even take it as a backup. // 2

Overall Impression: Overall, this guitar would make a good first guitar, however that's it. This was my second guitar, and I sold it just because I couldn't stand it anymore. However, to end on a good note, this guitar plays very nice. The neck is very slim and fast and the neck thru is very nice. // 4

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: WithoutEnder1, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Daddys junky music

Features: Made in 2007 in Indonesia. NECK-THRU-BODY CONSTRUCTION 25.5 SCALE AGATHIS BODY 3-PIECE MAPLE NECK ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD ARROWHEAD INLAYS W/MODEL NAME AT 12TH FRET "F-250" Passive EMG-ESP LH-300 PICKUPS "EMG HZ" VOLUME & TONE CONTROLS W/3-WAY TOGGLE BLACK HARDWARE Floyd Rose LICENSED BRIDGE 24 Xtra Jumbo FRETS // 8

Sound: honestly it's probably worth spending a couple more bucks on a guitar with the active EMG 81/60 pickups. The ones on this guitar are a little more noisy. Sustain is perfect, plays better then alot of high dollar guitars I have had. I play it on my Line6 Spider valve mkI and my B52 ls100 half stacks and it sounds amazing definitely one of the best guitars you can get for a low price. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought it used and I can't to this day find anything wrong with it. It sounds great, action is great and people have told me that if your hands sweat alot the frets get sticky which isn't true, my hands do sweet alot and it doesn't get sticky at all. The finish is black looks great, pickups haven't needed to adjust them, the think U neck feels great again its a great guitar for the price. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will most definitely grab attention at shows, it has for me, hardware has held up for a used guitar, all stock h/w still looks like new tuners have no struggle when you turn them, the strap buttons, I did not get a chance to try out I put my DiMarzio strap lock on it so I'm not sure, but with the quality of the rest of this guitar i'm sure there great too. This guitar is my main during shows I do have a back up but you always should. I haven't needed my back up yet and I don't think I will in the future(knock on wood). The finish is fine it has seen its shows and the back still looks like new. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Metalcore/Deathcore/Deathmetal this guitar looks like it sounds, crazy. I've been playing for 8 years and I've played a ton of guitars and none(in this price range)stand near this in my opinion. With this guitar I also own; Ibanez ex modal (idk sorry) and for amps I have a line6 spider IV 75watt, line6 spider valve MkI head, B52 ls100 head and a Marshall mg412a and mg412b cabs and Boss ns-2 noise suppressor. If I ever lost this guitar I would definitely look into buy another one. Love; body style(F),finish(Black),Floyd Rose and the emgs Hate; passive pickups the body and the fact that its a great guitar all around I love but I do wish it had active emgs or Seymour Duncan blackouts // 10

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: psycho8, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: £ 379.99

Purchased from: GAK

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia, not sure what year but I bought it new in 2008. It has 24 extra jumbo frets, 25.5" scale, rosewood fretboard with arrow inlays, thin U-neck contour, agathis body, maple neck, neck-thru body construction, ESP tuners, black gloss finish, licensed Floyd Rose tremolo, came with ESP LH-301 passive pickups but I swapped those for EMG 81 and 89 pickups after 6 months, push-pull coil split on the tone knob, 3-way pickup selector, 1 volume, 1 tone and 42mm locking nut. The only problems I have found with this guitar is the stock pickups were a bit thin sounding (hence why I switched to EMG's) and I would have prefered to have a real Floyd Rose as the tremolo arm is a bit loose, however my Bridge has yet to go out of tune from agressive use after 3 years, so I can't complain too much. // 8

Sound: I mainly play a blues metal style that also incorporates a fair amount of progressive rock and classic rock influences and the guitar works wonderfully for this sound. I play through a Fuzz Factory into a Zoom G7.1UT and then out of a Marshall MG30DFX and the range of tones I can achieve are fantastic. The only slight bugbear since switching to EMG's are that they don't clean up particularly well, however the 89 in the neck has been set up for a coil-split which helps and with the volume rolled down the 81 also sounds reasonably clean. At various points in the time I have had this guitar I have played everything from Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd to Atreyu and Avenged Sevenfold. The guitar handles the more agressive metalcore sounds best, but still works very well for the classic rock and blues tones as well. The main problem with this guitar is that due to the extra jumbo frets there is a slight dead spot on the 17th fret on the high e string, not too serious but it doesn't sustain as long as the rest of the frets and until you get used to it it takes a while to get the note to ring out immediately, however you do learn how to play it after a couple of days playing at most. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was a little high when I first got this, but that was soon adjusted to how I prefer it. The tuning was also horrendous, but that also didn't take too long to correct, even though it is a Floyd Rose bridge. Everything else was well set up, nothing was loose, the truss rod was set correctly, strap buttons and all the controls were tightened well and the stock pickups were well adjusted. The only problem that started to appear is the jack input nut comes loose from time to time so I have to keep checking it's tight before I play or risk losing the input. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have had this guitar 3 years now and it is still fantastic to play. I have never had any trouble with the floyd rose, it even withstands pull-ups and stays in tune. I have used it live a number of times without a backup, however it became a bit of a problem for playing in alternate tunings due to the floyd rose, but that is why I now have 2 extra guitars as backup. This is still my main guitar and I have never needed to tighten the strap buttons even though they are just the Standard ones that came with the guitar. It is lightweight which some people may not like but personally I like it and it allows long playing sessions without feeling like you have a brick tied around your neck. The finish is still pretty much perfect, there is just one small dent in the body of the guitar that I can't for the life of me remember how it happened but the rest of the guitar is still absolutely spotless. Overall I really can't find any faults with how it has lasted. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing guitar now for 5 years and have owned 4 different guitars (a Yamaha Pacifica 112V, Jackson KVX10, a Shine guitar and this) and the F-250 is my favourite guitar, it really does stand out thanks to the combination of features, durability and useability. The only thing I wish this had was an actual Floyd Rose bridge, however the licensed has held up very well so it is only a minor wish. Personally I think it looks absolutely Killer and fits like a glove when playing live. If it was lost or stolen I would definitely try and get it back and if I couldn't I'd have to get the F-350 as this model is now discontinued, otherwise I'd get this again in a heartbeat. A fantastic model in my opinion, well worth the money I spent on it. // 9

LTD F-250 Reviewed by: taipan 18, on may 05, 2014

Price paid: A$ 700

Purchased from: drumpower

Features: This guitar was made in 2004, its got 24XJ (extra jumbo) frets and a mahogany body with a maple neck and rosewood fret board. Gloss black finish, ltd locking tuners and a Floyd rose special bridge. EMG-ESP active pickups with 1 volume, 1 tone with push/pull coil tap and 3-way pickup switch. The back of the neck has a grippy finish which can make sliding difficult until you get used to it. The pickups are better than expected and deliver great sound. // 9

Sound: I play mostly metal of varying types, and this guitar is best suited to this type of music. I use with a Blackstar ID-60 and it works well. Very good chugs and can keep a clear sound even when distorted. Very little noise unless you split the pickups. This guitar doesn't like clean very much but this guitar is designed for metal and can play rock and blues as well. The only thing this doesn't really do at all is stuff for acoustic, but very rarely do electrics manage that anyway. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything was setup perfectly and I took it straight out of the box and started playing, all the controls and even the action was fine even considering it had been sitting around in a warehouse for a few years. The paint was flawless and the guitar looks amazing, just like on the website. The inlays are really nice, they are a lot easier to see than the standard dots and mother of pearl is hands down the best inlay for darker neck wood. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have played this live a few times for some small scale stuff but this guitar is like a rock. Strap locks are unnecessary. If you don't need to retune this will play through a whole gig without going out of tune, even while two-tone bending and using the tremolo bar. The finish has lasted me a year with the only noticeable mark a tiny scratch from my cast when I broke my arm. The only problem I've ever had was the tuners were a tiny bit loose after two years of playing, but that is unsurprising. // 9

Overall Impression: This is a metal beast, and probably not for anything but rock and metal. I have been playing 5 or 6 years and although I do not own any other guitars I have tested 10 or more so other guitars thoroughly and nothing in its price range (even after they stopped making it and the price jumped to $1200. I love everything about this guitar except the bridge which doesn't let you retune without re-tensioning the strings. Amazing but not good for alternate tuning. If you want to sound great and look good doing it this is the guitar for you. // 9

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD GUS-600EC Gus G 9.1 Electric Guitars 10/06/2014