LTD F-50 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD F-50
F-50, radical guitar design, loaded with hot LH-100 humbuckers for a powerful sound, a 24-fret neck with extra jumbo frets that make it easy to play.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.1
 7.8
reviews (18) pictures (2) 24 comments vote for this gear:
LTD F-50 Reviewed by: Wounded, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Gamblins

Features: The guitar is very easy to play and can be used by both the advanced and newbie player, it looks like a metal guitar and plays like one, it even has a nice 24 fretboard for good messure. The basic specs: - Construction: bolt-on - Scale: 25.5" - Body: agathis - Neck: maple - Fretboard: rosewood - Inlays: dots with model name at 12th fret - Pickups: ESP LH-100 set - Electronics: volume, toggle, tone - Hardware: black - Bridge: Tune-O-Matic/string-thru-body - Frets: 24 XJ // 8

Sound: The sound of the F50 is pretty good right out of the box until you put some ditortion to it. It lacks clarity and can sound pretty muddy at high gain levels. That has all since changed! I install the EMG 81/85 combo and it total woke this guitar up. It now has monstrous tone and sustain out the ying yang. Well worth the cost fo $380.00 ($200.00 for the F50 and $180.00 for the EMGs). Now this guitar has more range from a bluesy sound through the 85 to a total metal assault through the 81. The tone knob definitely has more effect on the actual tone unlike the stock ones. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: From what i can tell, very well made. Finish & fit are perfect. No loose partst or cosmetic blemishes. Product seems very reliable & durable. I have a very good feeling that she won't let me down. This product would be appropriate on the road if you wern't planning on playing it in the car. I'd be very angry if she got scratched or chipped. It would take alot for that to happen, but anythings possible. Keep it in a case if your traveling with it! I have not found a bad quality in this guitar, don't think i will & i will be very surprised & a little dissapointed. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I mostly play thrash metal and with the EMG's set this guitar plays it perfect, I've only been playing two years but I know a good guitar when I see one. I use a Line 6 Spider II and it sounds and plays like a dream on this amp, the only thing that I disliked about this guitar were the pickup's. But since I've replaced them, the guitar is pretty much perfect. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm very satisfied with my buy. I heard a lot of things, both positive and negitive, about the F-50. I couldn't be happier. // 10

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: This 24 fret beast is my favorite guitar ever. The minute I plugged it in, I fell in love. It sounded incredible from the get go, but after I purchased it I noticed it was a little sloppy sounding when played super loud, so I replaced the pickups with Seymour Duncans. It now sounds nicer than my Vintage Les Paul, and I can play anything from rock to blues to metal. // 10

Sound: I am in a metalcore band, and this is the perfect guitar. I used to be in a rock band, it was the perfect guitar. I also used to be in an emo band (please don't laugh I hated it too) and it was the perfect guitar. I used to be in a shred band, still, the perfect guitar, through any amp with any pedals. Though I preferrably play it through my custom Crate. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The day I got it, it was perfect (a year later I did minor work to it myself, just because I'm a detail whore). The finish is gorgeous, and there wasn't a single thing I could complain about. To this day I have lowered my fretboard and scalloped my 21-24 frets, now it plays like a warm knife through butter. One time my volume knob fell off, but it was my own fault. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar took a direct hit from a cymbal the day after I got it. It caused the most minor nick ever, any other guitar would have been cracked. Nothing has fallen off, nothing seems worn, the finish still looks fresh, and it looks so damn awesome. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall I would say that I love this guitar more than my wife. I own a Vintage Fender acoustic, a custom Vintage Gibson, and I still play this guitar. I have invested over $450 dollars in this guitar, and I couldn't ask for more. // 10

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: The Fiddler, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Zzounds.com

Sound: I'm an eclectic musician (mostly classical, blues and heavy metal)and the only way to get the sound I want would be to own other guitars; but for heavy metal, this guitar is an excellent choice for a beginner. The pickups are very high gain and turning up the gain just a little creates a distinctive and noticeable distortion. The guitar can get very noisy when playing with amp distortion if gain is set over 4 or 5, but pedal distortion (with Boss DS-1 at least) is rather clear and effective. The sounds that can be created are various depending on technique and effects, but one thing sticks: this guitar was born to be loud and distorted. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was very well constructed, but upp-frets are harder to reach (what did you expect from a bolt-on neck) and can be a bit annoying when stringing. The action is great however and fretting is like a hot knife on butter. There is slight buzz in the lower strings, but can easily be corrected with development of finger strength and practice. The overall set-up was an A-class job. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've owned this guitar for about 3 years and the only things that rusted were the strings (obviously they need to be changed regularly) and the pick ups slightly. The sound is still the way it was when I purchased it though despite the minor rusting. The guitar itself feels like a hammer and likely will stay in one piece. There would be no need for a backup as this guitar is built to last. The only issue is the fact that the strap buttons are a bit narrow and many straps will not adjust to them tightly. I usually play sitting, so this isn't much of an issue for sitting musicians. // 8

Overall Impression: As my first guitar, it served it's purpose, you can't expect much from a guitar under a half grand. The guitar will seem inferior gradually as you realize that there are more suitable guitars out there. The guitar was good for my headbanging music, but it's hard to fingerpick for classical sound and a bit noisy for blues although the strings bend nicely on the guitar and the frets are very accessible. For aspiring metal guitarists, this is a great starting instrument, plus it's sexy to look at. // 8

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: ouchies, on november 15, 2012

Features: Bolt-on construction; 25.5" scale; agathis body; maple neck; rosewood fingerboard; dot inlays w/model name at 12th fret; ESP LH-100 pickups; volume & tone controls w/3-way toggle; black hardware; Tune-O-Matic bridge w/string-thru-body; 24 XJ frets. // 8

Sound: I play metalcore and hardcore. I'm playing through a Crate FXT 120. It's pretty noisy with gain turned up all the way, noisy enough to make me turn it into the clean channel until I'm ready to Jam again. The guitar sounds alright. It's tone isnt good, it sounds full, and metalish, but the pickups just arent good at all. It's good for the price though. The guitar can play clean well, but sounds much better with distortion. The low tones are great with this guitar, awesome for chugging away on breakdowns. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: It came to me out of tune and with fret buzz. It also doesn't have a lock in the jack, so it spins around and the wires broke off (only costed me $5 to get it fixed). This can be fixed at a store or by yourself if you have good soldering skills, unfortunatly my soldering skills aren't that great. The volume knob also fell off, this is an easy fix, just put it back on and screw the allen key back in. Too bad I dont have allen keys and am too lazy to buy them, it works fine without it. The body itself came in okay condition. I had a few scrathes in the back, but nothing big enough to worry about. There is no oxidation on my pickups. // 5

Reliability & Durability: Once you put a lock in the jack it should be pretty dependable. The hardware hasn't worn out at all, I've had it for about 6 months. I would not use this in a gig without a back up, this would probably be my backup's backup. The finish is weak and wears off quick. // 5

Overall Impression: I play metalcore and hardcore, it works okay. I have a feeling if I ever played a live gig with it, I would probably break it. I wish I had played it more before I bought it. If this guitar was stolen I would not buy a new one, I would probably get an Ibanez of some sort. I love the way it looks, I hate ESP's crappy quality control. The best feature would definatly be the looks. I wish this guitar had better sounds pickups and perhaps better quality control. // 5

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: kornrules09, on november 15, 2012

Sound: This is a very versatile guitar, I use it with a 38w (yeah, just 38) Fender and I can make a lot of different sounds. I don't have any problems with this guitar soundwise for hard rock. It also sounds great clean. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set up perfectly as far as I can tell, the action was fine but I might lower it a bit. Perfect guitar for me. // 10

Overall Impression: I play any hard rock basically and this is the perfect match. I just own a 38 watt Fender, but it can give some good sounds. I wish I got a case with it is the only regret. and an effects pedal. My favorite thing is the shape, but I also love the sound and playability. If lost, I would probably buy something else just to have something different, but I love this guitar. // 10

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: MaAal_MaAan, on november 15, 2012

Features: This guitar is a beautiful piece of work. Unfortunatly it was only the guitar I purchased, buit, I got a 1 year warranty on it, I could have got more gear with it: amp, bag, strap, pics. Then it would have been outta my price range and I already had all of that stuff. I really like the 24 XJ frets on the guitar because I need them for some Metallica songs I play and my old Hoyer guitar only had 22 frets. This is an Indonesian made guitar but I think its still a really good quality guitar. The rrp is AU$670 over here but I got it on special and a discount on top of that, so I'm happy. It's got 1 tone and 1 volume control and a 3 way toggle Switch, it could have done with 2 tone & volume controls for the 2 pickups, but, you cant have everything for 540 bucks can you? Its a bolt on neck, Tune-O-Matic brige with string thru body, 6 string, with the model number on the 12th fret. One bad thing about it is that mines in black and the fingerprints show up like dirt on a white shirt, nothing a little wipe can't fix trhough. 25.5" scale, agathis body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, 2 ESP LH-100 pickups, black hardware. The shape of it is really unique, it's got a really hevy metal look, surprisingly it sits really well when playing. Really comfortable to play. // 9

Sound: The sound on this guitar is exactly what I need for my style, I like to play a lot of rock, heavy metal, punk, and a little funk, but, it sounds great in whichever style I'm playing, even the blues! I use it with an old Washburn 15 watt amp and a Behringer overdrive/distortion pedal (only 40 bucks), and it sounds like a bloody dream. It can go really loud, but I'm not allowd to turn it up too loud because my mum then gets pissed off at me and doesn't let me play, and no, she doesn't understand. I was quite surprised at how much the pickups change the sound with the tone control, since it was only 1 tone control I wasnt expecting much, but, I as blown away at how many diff sounds you could get out of it. It can produce a very wide variety of sounds. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well now, this guitar was set up really well, of course it wasn't tuned! The guitar only had a few fingerprints on it when I got it from the shop. The pickups were perfectly adjusted, the bridge was all good, no flaws, the machine heads are really good quality. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I havn't had this guitar for long, but judging by how much I've played it it will last through world war 3 (it even survived my little brothers). I highly doubt that the paint will flake because it seems to be on thick enough, the strap buttons are really positioned well, on my old guitar they were a bit out and the strap kept falling off, but not on this one. This guitar would be a good live guitar, I'd play it live. It's a really well made, dependable guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing guiar for a bit more than a year now and I've had about 5 guitars so far, the old Hoyer H5068 that I'm gonna sell soon (look out for it on eBay), a nice electric Washburn (Nuno Bettencourt model) and that plays well, cheap acoustic Valencia, nice sunburst acoustic Alvarez Gibson copy, and two 3/4 size no-named acoustics. This guitar kicks all of their butts though. I'm into all of the rock and this guitar is the perfect axe for it. If it were stolen I would track down and kill the guy who took it, because it is my favourite guitar, I wouldnt buy another because this one is mine. I actually was thinking of buying a Fender Fat Strat but, I played that then this and this sounded and played better, or so I thought. Then my friend said get a Gibson SG, I played one, it was nice too, but too expensive. My friend came over to my house a few months ago and was inspired by my electric guitar so, of course he went out and bought himself one, an Epiphone SG, and thats a nice guitar. My guitar is better! // 10

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

Features: This guitar comes with 24 extra jumbo frets which makes this a great guitar for learning on and makes it a very easy guitar to play. The body has a nice shape to it, an agressive look but still comfortable to play and most importantly can be played sitting down. The guitar comes with a Tune-O-Matic bridge. You can buy this guitar in three colours, black, titanium, and black cherry. I have this guitar in black cherry and when the light hits it right,then the finish just looks amazing. // 9

Sound: This guitar sounds great out of the box. It sounds amazing for the heavier stuff that I like to play. I've recently changed the pickups to a set of EMG HZ's and the guitar sounds perfect now. I play through my Line 6 Spider II amp and this guitar just sounds amazing for every style of guitar imaginable. I personally prefer this guitar for heavier sounding pieces but with the clean setting on the amp, matched with the neck pickup you can get an amazingly warm tone. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came fairly well set up but I had to change the strings to a 10 gauge as the shop didn't send it, with the set I bought at the same time, put on which I thought was a bit rough as I had just forked out 215 for it. The bridge on the guitar had a few rough edges which has lead to a few string snaps. This was easily repaired but I had to get a shop to do it as the bridge is black so it needed to be filed and repainted. The volume control knob also became loose and fell of rather quickly but this was solved with a little bit of blue tac stuck inside the cover. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I haven't yet played live with this guitar as I'm currently not in a band but I have jammed with it a lot with my friends and the guitar has never let me down. The hardware seems pretty solid after the initial problem with the bridge and hasn't let me down since. This guitar has never let me down in the year that I have had it and it has vastly helped me progress my playing ability. The only damage on this finish came from when the guitar was dropped by my friend and it landed on the end of a table and the mark from it is tiny. Most people have never noticed it. // 10

Overall Impression: I use this guitar for playing metal first and formost. I own 2 guitars and I play this guitar for the majority of the time as it is kept in whole step down tuning. If I ever had this guitar stolen I would be devistated by the loss and I would deffinately rush out to buy another one. I personally must say that it's the finish that sells this guitar to me, the black cherry paint just looks amazing in all lights and from all angles. The only thing I wish it had when I bought it was the EMG pickups that I now hav fitted to it. // 10

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: Snuffles, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Steves Music

Sound: I play a lot of metal and rock, it suites that just fine. I know a few really soft songs and it still sounds pretty good but I use a Line 6 Spyder III 15 Watt amp and there's 5 tone knobs so I can ajust it to a softer setting. The olny effects I use are distortion and tremelo and tape echo, which are on the amp, it sounds great. For the level or volume and distortion until it sounds bad it's quite a bit because I've been really loud before and it still sounds great. This guitar can make any sound possible that any other guitar can make, I can even bend up to the inlays. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I have a lot to say about this. It's great, but my factory strings were wearing out a bit after the first week. I wahs my hand before I play too. The body was fine but my patchcord output came loose, then it fell off but it's just a washer that you can twist on, so I fixed it, but I think it wasn't fastened properly at the factory. The frets were supposed to be Extra Jumbo (XJ) but there are more like jumbo but you can lower the strings with a screwdriver in a spot on the body. My volume knob is just a bit loser then the other knob and the toggle when it's set to up or down, a little flick will turn it back to middle. It looks like a lot of bad things but it's still has great action. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I don't think I've owned this guitar long enough for it to fall apart in my hands but so far it's holding up great. I would play Live with it because it's trustworthy and it looks awesome. The hardware so far is great but it's olny the 50 modle, I think ittl fall apart a lot faster then the 400. Would it last during a gig. I'm olny 13, I don't think I'll be playing a huge concert anytime soon but yes, I would trust it, but I'd get strap locks just for insurance. This guitar has a great finish but it's a glossy black so I'd reccomande polishing off the finger prints. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metel and rock and it suites it great. I've been playing for 1 year and it's holding up great. I wish I had more money so I could but the F-250 or 400 though. If it was stolen (which it might because it's so awesome) I would definatly buy a new one. I wish it had EMG pickups though, and bigger frets. I chose this guitar becuse it's nice and was a great deal. I was dissapointed with the smaller frets though. It's still a great guitar though, definatly worth the money! // 9

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: Alright well these guitars are made in Korea and Indoneasa like all ESP LTD's. It's got a jumbo fret almost flat neck, very easy to manuver you fingers on it. It's a nice medium size guitar, if you got small hands the frets are only less than a thumbs lengh high. The body is cheap wood very heavy. It's got a nice finish to cover up so you don't see it. The body is a very cool cut out, looks very agressive. It's got basic pickup and bridge design (two pickups, high bridge, 2 controls for each pickup and a 3-way sound selection). The sound selection only gives you 2 noticable sounds though. The pickups are the LH 100, deceint pickups buzz alot though. The tuners are cheap so it goes out of tune easily, not hard to get new tuners though. When I bought this guitar it didn't come with any acossories so I was a little bummed because 250 for a Korean made guitar is a rip off. It would have been nice to atleast get a gig bag or a cable, or alteast some picks! // 7

Sound: The sound is okay. I play a lot of Blink 182, Nofx, Boxcar Racer, and stuff like that. I dont think the guitar suites the punk rock sound though, but the amp has to do with some of it. I use a Line 6 Spider 15 amp which is great but doesn't give me that exact punk rock sound. I have plugged the guitar into 3 other amps, Fender rock amp, Marshall A something series, and a Mesa Boogie. The sound quality is the same. I don't use any effect pedals with it but my friend does and it works okay. The guitar can go pretty loud without buzzing. I have played it on a 60 watt all the way up and no buzz. The sound is pretty dull normal guitar distortion sound unless you have like 100% distortion on because it sounds good with that. The guitar is ment for metal sound like all LTD's and I didn't know that when I bought it. Unlucky for me. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar set up is okay usual like I said. Most of the wood is cheap and heavy but it has a nice feel. The pickups are okay Seymour Duncans would be better, and the pickups are hard to adjust its almost like they are nailed in there. The top is pretty well bookmatched, adn bridge is supposed to be a bit higher but its lower. The guitar had one flaw, The tone control for the 3 way didn't work too well. I only got 2 hardly good quality whiel my buddy who has this has no tone difference at all in the 3-way so that should tell you enough. The pickup selectors are decent they look like they could fall off any second. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Playing live, I don't think so. It depends on how you play live, if your a Tom DeLonge follower no gigs! The hardware will last you awhile. Strap buttons are definately solid. I don't know if I would use it at a gig at all, maybe but then better have a Squier backup those things are solid. The finish will last for sure. I have banged it up and it wont chip at all. // 8

Overall Impression: It's not a good match for me and for any other punk based player. I have been playing for 3 years and for me fenders work the best. I think they have all the quality and sound you will ever need. With this guitar you get rid of it maybe in 1 year. If I had this guitar stolen from me I could careless. The pickups are worth some though. I don't love anything baout this guitar except the neck. Compared to a Fender Strat or Custom Strat or a high quality Squier this guitar sucks. // 4

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: danielelias, on november 15, 2012

Features: ESP F-50 Made in 2004 in Korea. 24 frets. Agathis body. Gloss black finish. Tune-O-Matic/string-thru bridge. Stock Hot LH-100 humbucker pickups. Volume, tone, 3-way Switch. H/H Pickup config. Don't know the type of tuners. It also came with an allen wrench for adjusting the two way truss rod. // 8

Sound: Pretty much all I play is metal and it does a damn good job for what I paid for it. Right now I am using a little MG10 Marshall but I have played on bigger amos with it and it sounded great. I will also be upgrading to a MG100HDFX Soon too. It is a little noisy if you don't have the volume turned all the way up. Other than that it is dead silent. The sound, for what I paid is amazing. It can give you the really deep bass tones of drop c and yet you can still get a decent ammount of high tones, though I would defanately upgrade to a better set of pickups if you are using a big amp just to make it top notch. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup from the factory was great. The bridge wasn't as low as it could go but in their manual they explain how to adjust everything very clearly. The pickups were adjusted perfactly. It didn't contain a single flaw either, something I was very impressed with. One thing I noticed and have felt most companys have abandoned on on their "low end" guitars is the frets. ESP has made them perfact. I could not ask for a more evenly filed fretboard. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I havn't played a gig with it yet. I have felt other neck through and set neck guitars and this feels almost as solid. I put it through a lit of abuse on my own so I would not be worried playing it live. The hardware is very good. I was amaized at how smooth and acurate the tuners are. Best I have ever used. Everything seems fine also. The strap buttons arn't going anywhere. They are nice and big so the strap can't slid off and are firmly screwed in. I can't really say weather I would use it without a backup because I have never played a gig. The finish is very durable. I have polished it many times and it looks more beautifull every time I see it. I am not affraid of it wearing off. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said, I play almost all metal. This guitar sounds great. I have been playing for less than a year but I have played a lot of different types of guitars and I can safely say this one is well worth the money. I will be upgrading to a Marshall MG100HDFX soon and I will prabably get new pickups for it but thats all I would replace. If it were stolen I would prabably go for a higher level F. This one is so amazingly made I am excited to see how something like the F-250 or F-400 would be. The only thing I hate is that I didn't buy a bigger amp to go with it. the little one doesn't do it justice. I compaired this guitar to a BC Rich Warlock Bronze edition and an Agile Les Paul 2000 serise. This blows them out of the water. The warlock is very close but it is un comfortable to play due to the strap button configuration and I like the string through bridge on the F-50 is better than a a floating bridge. The Agile didn't have the quality fretwork like the F-50 had. Frets are everything to me and that is what sold me on the F-50. The only thing I wish it had was a cooler finish. I can't complain though. for what I paid for it I got more than I ever expected. // 10

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: TimShredsESP, on november 15, 2012

Features: this is a badasses guitar, no matter what anyone sais. its got the looks and it can talk the talk. anddddd you can stab people with it:) -made in 2004 in Korea -24 xj frets, 25.5" scale -body: Basswood (not agathis)neck: maple -body style of a flame of sorts -t.o.m. bridge and string thru body style -stock pickups are ESP LH-150 passive pickups -1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way selector with chrome hardware -ESP tuners -you can get this in a pack but its not reccomended. i bought this guitar by itself -I'm giving this an 8 because it looks so badass in black OR blackcherry, but its not the best in the series, actually its the lowest in the f series on the website // 8

Sound: i have a hardcore style taste (e.g. miss may I, asking alexandria, greeley estates etc.) and this guitar goes very niccely with the style. The stock pickups were somewhat decent, but a little muddy for my taste, so I replaced them with Seymour Duncan blackouts. now the guitar sounds absolutely amazing. I'm playimg it on a Marshall avt-50h head with a Raven cabinet, and it sounds great. Although you have to keep the gain down just a little bit or it'll muddy up slightly, but that depends on the amp. Cuz my Raven head didn't muddy up the sound. I do0nt use pedals, cuz it doesnt need it, although I want to get some. The blackouts are silent, but the stock pickups were a little noisy, nothing major though. I strongly reccomend replacing the stocks with EMGs or Duuncans. its totally worth it. With actives, this guitar is very versatile, you can getthat bluesy sound from it on the cleans, which are beautiful. With the stocks, the cleans are decent and acceptable, but still you can get just aboutany sound you want. I'm giving it a nine because the stocks, although somewhat mediocre, they still sounded good for my taste till I replaced them, now it sounds terrific:) // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was a bit too high for my taste, no problem, it was easy to lower it down. The guitar does not come set-up, so if that thing really bugs you, go set it up. Although its easy to do it yourself on this baby. I had to raise the pickups slightly, again, no problem. There were barely any flaws. None in the finish, nothing rusted, nothing loose or missing except one chrome knob on the tone control. Easly replaced, no problem. I giva a 9 because althjough it needed ALOT of adjustments, they were all minor and easily fixed, I'm a patient person so it was no big deal. And 9 because after adjustede, everything feels so nice in your hands. The neck and action are perfect, so you can fly an glide down that fretboard. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've not played live yet, becuase itis hard to find a band these days with EVERYONE wanting to be the guitar player, but I've jammed with bands and my friends and its been dropped many a ttime, zero scratches. But don't play with a studded belt because it does scratch the back. The hardware willl last for a long time, the tuning pegs have had no problems with me so far. The strap buttons are solid, I've never had it fail on me. The finish will last a long long long time. Its not worn at alland I've had it for a year and I play at least an hour a day. I would play small shows with it w/o a backup, but I'll always bring batteries because of the actives I have in it. I'm not gonna be the asshole whose batery dies in the middle of a song, but that likely wont happen. I don't think there would be anything that would go wrong with this guitar in the middle of a show. So its dependable I give a ten because its a fricken trooper. And its LIGHT AS HELL TOO! Like a feather // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for 2 n a half years, I'm very impressed with this guitar, 8 times out of ten, it outplays all the guitars I try out at guitar center:) at least in my opinion. I didn't need to ask many questions because the salepersons like this guitar as well haha. If stolen or lost, I'd want to buy it again, but I would buy a model of it higher up in the series, like the f-350 or I would maybe buy a Schecter or a Jackson for something different, but I love this guitar to death. My favorite feature is the style of the body and neck and headstock. It loocks like a damn flame. I hate nothing about it. 9 because its so badass, sounds great, impressicve, but not ten beacuse its the lower end in the series // 9

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: mjones1992, on november 15, 2012

Sound: I play alternative, punk, rock, and hard rock, and it plays fine for those kind of music. The guitar is very easy to play, and is great for the beginners and the experts alike. Since buying this guitar I've also gotten a Schecter Hellraiser, and I actually want to get rid of it and get a new ESP because of the great playability and feel of their guitars. Amps/effects I use: Spider III 15 watt amp, custom patches on my RP250. The guitar doesn't have any background noise, and has a pretty full sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was set up pretty well, although I did lower the bridge after a few hours of playing. I don't really know how to adjust pickups, but they sound fine to me. The wires on the inside weren't properly soldered from the pickups to the socket where the chord goes in, so we had to open the back and resolder a few of the wires, but it wasn't really a big deal. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Yes, this guitar will survive Live playing, it's pretty solid. I've dropped it plenty, hit my drummers cymbals with it, etc. and it still works perfect. The hardware has lasted a good 2 years, you just may need to resolder it. The strap buttons are pretty good, but you may want to invest in strap locks because every once in awhile the strap comes loose, but nowhere near as bad as my Schecter does. It's definitely a dependable guitar. I've never had any problems with it (after I resoldered the hardware of course). The finish is pretty good, I'm pretty rough with the guitar and the finish is just scratched up. // 9

Overall Impression: The guitar is really good for any kind of music as I used to play heavy metal and now I've switched to Alternative, Punk, and Rock, and so it's a perfect match for me. The only regret I have is not asking the salesman at Sam Ash to throw in some picks. This guitar really is a good guitar (especially for beginners), and it's very affordable (especially if you haggle for 20 minutes and get 15% off). If this guitar got stolen I would most definitely buy this guitar again (or maybe the ESP F-2E which is the same thing but nicer). I like everything about it except the little problem with the pickups. My favorite feature is definitely the playablity of this guitar. It's so easy to play it's hard to put down. Compared to my Schecter Hellraiser (a $1000 guitar with features that should have killed this guitar), I like this one a lot better. It's just so much easier to play, and it's lighter weight, and it's more comfortable to play. The only thing I wish this guitar had is a set-neck or neck-through-body setup, but if it had that it wouldn't be $180, now would it. // 10

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: rcorley666, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Lewis Music In Show Low

Features: String through body, 24 frets, Maple neck (Not sure about the body), Solid Black finish, As with most ESP's it has a very unique body style, 3 way tone selector and volume and tone knobs, Dual humbucker (Just Standard ESP Humbuckers), and Non-locking ESP tuners. // 7

Sound: This guitars sound is great for rock, metal, blues, jazz, pretty much everything. As far as effects go, light to medium distortion sounds great, but too much can kill all good tones from the guitar. Very quiet in all three positions. It has a pretty thin sound but if you changed out the stock humbuckers you could fix this. Or you could fix it with some tweaks to your amp and effects settings. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this guitar used and was shocked at the condition it was in. It seems this guitar has been to hell and back and is holding up great. Some minor finish flaws, but only because the previous owner didn't properly maintain. Everything else was fine. The owner of the shop I bought it in takes great care of all his instruments and this one was no exception. He adjusted the pickups and action long before I got it. So it was ready to play when I picked it up. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a tank. It's been dropped, it's fallen down, and all with only some slight scuffs. The hardware is in great condition and this guitar will probably outlive me. As far as concerts go, if I didn't use alternate tunings all the time, this would be the only guitar I take to a show. // 9

Overall Impression: I play every genre of music pretty much, and this is a very versatile guitar. For me playing for 4 and a half years, it's a little sub par, but I make it work. If it were stolen I have to say I would buy it again for it's durability and above average sound. The only thing I wish it had was a Floyd Rose like it's more expensive cousins, which is the only thing I don't really like about it. Other than that, it's a reliable work horse of a guitar that I am very fond of. // 8

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: jacobnvest13, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Guitar Center Memphis, TN

Features: 24-Fret guitar. Laminated top. Red Wood neck, body, and head. Florescent Red finish. F-50 body style. ESP Standard bridge style. Volume knob, Tone knob, Pick-up selector knob. Double humbucker pick-ups, ESP model. Non-Locking tuners. No accessories included. It's a great guitar for shredding and for fast playing. The bad thing is is that it don't come with a Whammy Bar // 8

Sound: It matches my style with help of my amp(a Peavey 2 speaker). My style is screamo and hardcore metal. The guitar is only noisy with use of an amp. The guitar makes excellent "Pinch Harmonics" and string bends. I don't know the variety of the sounds you just have to figure that out yourself // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Very good action. Pickups could have been adjusted better, but i adjusted them to wat i liked. I think the only 2 flaws is that the guitar has no Whammy Bar, and that the input hole keeps coming loose and when you tighten it the wires break causing shorts. not a big fix tho. bout 3min fixing // 5

Reliability & Durability: Will withstand live playing. Hardware will last. Strap buttons very solid. Very dependable. The finish isn't going anywhere, my dog got it and not even a scratch. Most guitars you put in high humidity will bend the neck, this one does not. Learned from past experience. // 10

Overall Impression: It's a great guitar for shredding and for fast playing. The bad thing is is that it don't come with a Whammy Bar. I play Hardcore Metal and Screamo. Very good match for this guitar, even the look goes with metal. I have been playing for almost 2 years and I taught myself and well you decide if Im good at it. YouTube username jacobvest1995 If it was lost or stolen i would get a different one just to see how good it is compared to the one i have. // 9

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: purple punch, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Shalu Music

Features: This guitar is awesome for beginners and advance players. Mostly a metal Guitar,but plays well with most kinds of music. - Construction: bolt-on - Scale: 25.5" - Body: agathis - Neck: maple - Fretboard: rosewood - Inlays: dots with model name at 12th fret - Pickups: ESP LH-100 set - Electronics: volume, toggle, tone - Hardware: Red - Bridge: Tune-O-Matic/string-thru-body - Frets: 24 XJ // 9

Sound: I'm mostly a metal/rock guitarist,and it totally suits my style. The sound is also amazing! I run it through a Laney Lx35R amp,And the sounds really good. it gets a bit noisy at high gain,but I also use a Boss DS-1,and metal muff distortion pedals,that give it a really good sound! The pickups are good. I manage to get almost any sound i want on this guitar. Its awesome. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar wasset up really well. No finger prints,it came in tune too! The action was just right,The pickup height was perfectly adjusted. The bridge was good. I just had a slightly loose tone knob,but thats fixed anyway. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could go thjrough......well,anything! I've dropped it twice,and banged i around a bit,but.......not a scratch!! The strap buttons are strong,and my strap does not fall off. I play it live,and it good stuff. I would use it without backup,definately. I dont think the paint will flake either. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for a while now,and its a perfect match to anything I play. It looks good too! I have a Laney Lx35R amp,And a Boss DS-1 and a Metal muff pedal. I WAS thinking of buying a Cort,but DUDE,This ones awesome. If it were lost.......Well, i dont know. I may buy the same one. Or not. I love the guitar,overall. Its so good,it got me laid!! This guitar is just one thing. AWESOME. // 10

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: ThrashMetal014, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Ebay (used, but in mint condition)

Features: Guitar was made in Indonesia, quite recently (not sure of the year). It has a 24 fret neck, moderately thin, with extra jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard with plastic Dot inlays. The body is basswood, and the neck is maple, I believe. It's got quite an attention-grabbing body style, hard to describe because it's so unique. It has a chromed tune-o-matic bridge, string-thru body, and two passive ESP LH-150 humbuckers. One volume, one tone knob and a 3-way selector switch. Tuners are Standard ESP made, and have a tendency to go out of tune after heavy play. Nothing really fancy or expensive, but for a budget guitar, it's pretty well-equipped. // 8

Sound: I play a little bit of everything from classic rock (Stones, Zeppelin, Who) all the way to modern thrash and death metal bands. All in all, this guitar sounds good. Sustain is nice, and doesn't buzz or hum or make too much noise, depending how much gain you have in your amp. I normally run it through an MXR fullbore distortion, and it sound pretty sweet. The neck pickup is nice and warm for clean tones, and works well. On heavy distortion, it gets a little muddy/unclear. Now, the neck pickup is my favorite. It's got a nice treble-y sound to it on clean (think Metallica's "Harvester of Sorrow") and through the pedal into the amp, it shines. Lots of bite, and pinch harmonics sound good. They could be a little hotter, but for what they are they do a good job. It's quite versatile, and can play Country to Rock to Metal and more. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar's setup is alright, some of the lower frets do tend to buzz (not much, though). I can't remember how the pickups were adjusted, but I fooled around adjusting their height 'till it sounded good to me. The neck is very nice, it's similar to a Stratocaster neck in thickness, but much more flattened out that the Strat. The frets are HUGE. Big tall frets, it's no wonder they're called X-tra Jumbo. I like them, personally. It plays well, though it's somewhat difficult to reach the higher frets on the low E & A strings (but I can't see why you'd need to play those frets on those strings anyway). All in all, it's a good playing machine. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could easily gig. Maybe not tour, but it'll stand up to some good show use. The hardware is decent, but the tuners will need to be replaced. They fall out of tune too easily. Strap buttons come loose every now and then, but tighten the screw back and you'll be good for another month and a half or so. The body is fairly light, so it's comfortable to wear on a strap. Finish is really nice, actually, and doesn't seem to wear that much at all. Points to LTD for that. // 8

Overall Impression: For my music, this is a good guitar. I've been playing for 3.5 years, and it plays very well. Compared to my more expensive instruments, it is lacking in some areas but if you're looking for a great metal guitar under $300, this is a good pick. The only cons I can think of are the cheap tuners, and the neck pickup. I may replace those eventually. I love the way it looks, and also how it plays (strung up with .11-.50s). I wish I would've gotten the Floyd Rose option on this guitar ($50 more) but that's no big deal. If it were lost, I'd definitely get another. I would also recommend this product, either as a beginners or a budget guitar for the experienced player. // 9

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: Jarrodthebobo, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Local used guitar dealer

Features: This guitar was mad somewhere around 2007. Not really an old guitar at all. But that isnt neccesarily a bad thing. It has a total of 24 frets with a bolt on neck. The body is basswood and the neck is currently unknown to me. It has a nice glossy finish that really shines. If you have greesey fingers, you'll want to Shine the guitar every now and again. It has a tune-o-matic bridge, as well as a 3 way pickup selector, one tone knob, and one volume knob. Also sports to humbuckers, one for the bridge, one for the neck. Not bad. // 7

Sound: It has a really really great sound for metal and rock. Really good for what I play (Black Sabbath). HOWEVER, the stock pickups are really muddy, once you replace them with, lets the the Tony Iommi humbuckers, it really brings this guitar to life. This guitar is used with my Epiphone Valve Special amp, marshal gcd30, and a crappy Fender frontman 15r. This guitar has a nice deep sound. Very smooth and nice for metal. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was bought used, so it was already tuned up with good strings and good action and such. Everything was flawless. No scratches, no internal problems. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand anything. Built like a tank. I've droped this thing from about 5 feet up 7 times and there isnt a single scratch. You can really rely on this baby. Although the finish gets really full of fingerprints, wash regularly. // 9

Overall Impression: I play Black Sabbath, and this guitar really captures the sound pretty well. Works great for any type of metal and rock as well. This is a great begginer to intermediate guitar, and I love it. If this guitar was lost/stolen, I'd get another one in a heartbeat. I just wish it came stock with better pickups... // 8

LTD F-50 Reviewed by: chipikk, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Authorized Dealer

Features: - Construction: bolt-on - Scale: 25.5" - Body: agathis - Neck: maple - Fretboard: rosewood - Inlays: dots with model name at 12th fret - Pickups: ESP LH-150 set - Electronics: volume, toggle, tone - Hardware: chrome - Bridge: Tune-O-Matic/string-thru-body - Frets: 24 XJ // 10

Sound: Best sound that money can buy in this price. Will play ANYTHING. From low Drive sound to high gain distortion. I'm playing from blues to heavy metal (heavy metal when I'm in mood for that), but mainly blues, rock n roll, and all around that. I'm using Fender FM65R (15years old), no pedals only Drive channel with 1 at gain and equal. At 0. This setting gives low Drive clean and 70's overdrive, so no need to switch to clean channel. NO NOISES. AT ALL. NEVER. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is really good, though I configured it to even lower. The pickups were in the right height, altough I adjusted them also. No bad words on this guitar. Really. The finish is gorgeous, and there wasn't a single thing I could complain about. IMO this guitar looks so hot, sexy and evil. // 10

Reliability & Durability: You can trust this guitar to do anything, anywhere, anytime. The hardware is high quality, and even the wires inside are wrapped with special rubber to protect them and keep them 100% healthy. Strap buttons never had a problem. My guitar got so many hits in the headstock, but nothing happened. // 10

Overall Impression: A must have guitar. Best guitar in money can get you. It will play everything with the right settings and configuration. I would say that I love this guitar more than my GF. This is my first electric guitar, and I can't ask for more. I don't think that I need to buy other guitar because this one gives me what I need. // 10

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD GUS-600EC Gus G 9.1 Electric Guitars 10/06/2014