LTD GL-200MT Review

5.5
review (1) pictures (1) 29 comments vote for this gear:
LTD GL-200MT Reviewed by: twistedsista521, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: 2008 Made in china. 22 frets, thin maple neck. Solid mahogany I believe. Floyd Rose special. Locking ESP tuners. Strat style body. Passive pickups. 1 volume knob. 1 humbucker (esp lh-150). The Floyd Rose constantly went out of tune when I had it, and when I say when I had it I mean as in I traded it for a different guitar thats how much it went out of tune. // 7

Sound: The sound was very surprising for the stock pickup. It was really good for the style of music I play which is hair metal and metal. Its pretty noisy when its loud. Not any variety whatsoever because it only has one knob, and that is the volume knob. If you're going to get it, put in a Seymour Duncan jb. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Out of the factory, this guitar was set up perfectly. No sharp frets, no buzzing, perfectly routed bridge. The finish had minor flaws in it but what do you expect. You get what you pay for. It was surprising but when I got it, it was perfectly in tune. The pup was perfectly adjusted. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar would withstand live playing, but I wouldn't go in with it without a backup, because it goes out of tune super easy. The strap buttons are reliable. The finish is good not sure how good but its good. The hardware is very nice. seems like it would last a lifetime of hands being on it. // 6

Overall Impression: I play hairmetal. I've been playin almost 2 years, but although not old in playing, wise enough to know a great guitar from a decent guitar. This guitar is decent. The one volume knob and one pickup limits your tonal variety a ton. The guitar goes out of tune constantly. The best part of the guitar is the neck. It is very thin and comfortable. If I had had it stolen or lost it, I wouldve bought something else. // 6

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD GUS-600 FR Gus G Signature 7 Electric Guitars 09/11/2014