LTD H-101FM Review

8.1
 8.1
reviews (2) pictures (3) 11 comments vote for this gear:
LTD H-101FM Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: local guitar shop

Features: This guitar was made in 2010 in China. It has 24XJ frets, stylish flamed maple top, basswood body, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, super-strat style, string-thru body with TOM bridge, passive electronics with a volume knob, tone knob, and 3-way pickup switch. The pickups are ESP LH-150. The tuners are also ESP. // 7

Sound: I play 80's heavy metal, hard rock and blues. This guitar sounds pretty good, the string-thru body gives it a rich sound. I play it through a Line 6 Spider IV 75 watt and and Marshall Lead 12 3005 mini stack. The pickups can be noisy(as most $300 guitar pickups do), but they are pretty versatle for my playing style. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: When I first bought the guitar, everything seemed fine, until I realized that the guitar had an underbow. The pickups were a little too low for what I like, but that is an easy adjustment. The quality of this guitar is especially amazing for it only being less than 300 dollars. There are absolutely no flaws in mine, except when I first bought it. // 6

Reliability & Durability: My friends and I have a garage band. We cover Metallica, Megadeth, and Guns N' Roses. I don't think I will be playing live anytime soon. I've had this guitar since May of 2010, and I think it will last long if I take care of it. The strap buttons are nice by themselves, but I always put straplocks on my guitars. Even though I don't gig, I would probably use a backup for this guitar. I have played on it a lot(about 12 hours a week)the finish has held up nicely. // 9

Overall Impression: As I stated before, I like to play heavy metal, rock and blues. This guitar is perfect for that style for beginners and experts alike. I have been playing for 6 years, and I own 5 other ESP/LTD's and 2 Ibanez's. If it was lost or stolen, I would probably save up for a higher H series model, preferably one with a Floyd Rose. The Orange flamed maple is awesome and I always get comments on how beautiful the guitar looks. ESP has amazed me once again! // 8

LTD H-101FM Reviewed by: lucas_0910, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: A$ 499

Purchased from: Rockshop

Features: Specifications: - Bolt-On Construction - 25.5" Scale - Basswood body - Flamed Maple Top - Maple Neck - Rosewood Fingerboard - 42mm Standard Nut - Thin U Neck Contour - 24 XJ Frets - Black Nickel Hardware - ESP Tuners - TOM Bridge - ESP LH-150 (B & N) p.u. - Finish: ASB (Amber Sunburst) - Master Volume - 3-Way Toggle - Master Tone Came with just the guitar and a box. // 8

Sound: The sound is suitable for all styles. I use a Line 6 15 watt practise amp and even on full volume, it doesn't make any noises or buzzing. The tone is great and I love it. I play stuff such as Christian songs like hillsong to metal like Metallica or punk rock. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is great. The set-up was great. Pick ups were a little too close to the strings but that was easy to adjust in 5 minutes. THE FINISH will get you all the chicks. Trust me. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Yes, I've played it in many gigs. And since I'm lead guitarist at my church, I always bring a back up (Fender Strat) but it has never failed me. Strings has broke sometime but that was after abusing it too much. I have strap locks obviously since I don't want my guitar to drop xD. // 10

Overall Impression: It is sexy. // 8

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD KH-2 9.3 Electric Guitars 06/23/2014